I think ppl need to give LSY some slack. If you watch RM that he frequently guested he was pretty funny. Recently, I binge watch episode that had him and I couldn't agree more that LSY can be RM regular. Also, I look his imitation on positive side, there's no drama that was so popular like Chuno until ppl keep imitating Dae Gil. Not only LSY but others too. In any variety show, when there's something like action scene Chuno background music automatically will be played. Even there's no JH in there. I realised in variety for action there's Chuno bgm that frequent same like when is there romance there's Best Love bgm will be played.

It's 11 years since Chuno but still it was a hard saeguk to top to this day. I just proud that he had Dae Gil as his most iconic character. 

In my opinion, I'm ok with what he did or who involve or his friend is. If I'm annoyed I just don't watch it. At least he don't mingled with much more worse ppl that still around in SK entertainment getting job left and right.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

If there's no good scripts given to him currently, I think taking on variety shows can be a good idea too. At least we can get to see his dorky and cute self.. The timing is now!

Yeah better than him accepting a lousy script and we have to lament for the next 4 months haha.. Whatever will be will be 

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I also trust his judgement, but the problem is that this show involves CTH, and he said that for his dragon club friends he will make a fool of himself if they ask him to. And this is why I'm concerned about this. 

Oh I didn't know about that, it's a little sad. I hope the presence of Lee Sang Yeop will prevent CTH to make JH uncomfortable.

Loved the videos of Sumi Sanjang episode that everyone posted, it seems really funny. I hope subs are out soon. :heart:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Son Hyun-Joo mentioned Hyuk’s name when he was asked who he will like to invite as guests to his new variety program. Is that selfie taken when he was on the way to film that ? Hee hee.. 

It also looked like the outfit he wore to sumi 's mountain cabin..haha

The Chinese subs for the show is

out! He only appeared towards the end at 42:45

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@azureblue7 He looks like a little kid in those varieties, dancing so cute! His cute little hand movements. I keep forgetting this is majestic Bangwon! How can it be the same person? 

I will participate in Kfangurl’s Money Flower group watch and that will give me patience to wait a bit more for him in dramas. 

@Biology Lesson So it was the english that prevented him to do The Green Hornet? But I thought that character he was going to play is a mute :P Did the movie do well? I think its a character that Bruce Lee used to play right? I kinda feel sorry he didn’t achieve an international career then but I also wonder if we would’ve missed out on some of his iconic works if he had, since that happened prior to Chuno (I know you didn’t particularly like it but it was good for his career) Fated to love you, Beautiful Mind, Money Flower. I kinda don’t want to trade any of those for meh Hollywood stints. At the time most asian actors only played in action or martial arts films and would do only action scenes. Even to this day, actual “acting” opportunities are scarce for them. Lee Byung Hun is an example, he has been in Hollywood but has he done an actual acting work that shows his acting skills? I feel not (I may be wrong because I haven’t really followed him)

However, right now, there seem to be more opportunities opening with the demand from major streaming services. Especially in horror/fantasy/sci fi genre. I’m more hopeful for an opportunity to open for him in this context. I can imagine him in The Mandalorian universe (to give an example), and he can play a beautiful alien, that way he doesn’t have to speak english (ok most aliens speak english in these shows but if the plot needs it, they won’t lol) or maybe some new HBO thing where he can show his action skills and also his great eye acting. Of course this is just me dreaming/hoping for some kind of miracle Hollywood moment where some good director stumbles upon one of his works and falls in love because I don’t see Sidus or JH actively pursuing this anymore (unfortunately) 

PS This is random but I wanted to mention, I had no idea Ma Dong Seok had done so much work in Hollywood and that he is actually korean-american. 

PS2 Apparently Choi Ki Sup posted a script on his IG. Has he ever done a movie or drama without JH? 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

He looks like a little kid in those varieties, dancing so cute! His cute little hand movements. I keep forgetting this is majestic Bangwon! How can it be the same person

He's so different and that goes to show how good he is at acting. He just becomes the character. I can't imagine Ban won dancing like that.. lol!

You got me curious about Kisup  and I did a search about him. Apparently he did do one drama without Hyuk. And I'm surprised he's in Tomb of the river too?? Hahaha!

https://mydramalist.com/people/20406-choi-ki-seob

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 He looks like a little kid in those varieties, dancing so cute! His cute little hand movements. I keep forgetting this is majestic Bangwon! How can it be the same person? 

The odd thing is that he can look cool dancing when he is acting! Like is Robbers, and, obviously, in Dance of the Dragon... His shyness just gets him every time!:D

@Biology Lesson So it was the english that prevented him to do The Green Hornet? But I thought that character he was going to play is a mute :P Did the movie do well?

This is what I remember he said in an interview. I don't remember now which one, but I remember the interviewer confused the name of one of the other actors up to that role...  I saw just a little bit of that movie, and in it the Korean character spoke. It was actually a prominent role, from what little I saw. But, From what I understood, JH didn't miss anything by not doing that movie- it bombed! 

But a role of a mute would have been interesting for JH. Maybe something like inspector Clouseau's butler in the Pink panther? He almost never spoke and still managed to be hilarious! :) 

I think its a character that Bruce Lee used to play right? I kinda feel sorry he didn’t achieve an international career then but I also wonder if we would’ve missed out on some of his iconic works if he had, since that happened prior to Chuno (I know you didn’t particularly like it but it was good for his career) Fated to love you, Beautiful Mind, Money Flower. I kinda don’t want to trade any of those for meh Hollywood stints. At the time most asian actors only played in action or martial arts films and would do only action scenes. Even to this day, actual “acting” opportunities are scarce for them. Lee Byung Hun is an example, he has been in Hollywood but has he done an actual acting work that shows his acting skills? I feel not (I may be wrong because I haven’t really followed him)

The thing is that even when Korean movies are successful around the world, like Train to Busan and Parasite, international audiences never pay too much attention to the actors themselves. I've seen several reviews of The train to Busan and Parasite, and I noticed that even the reviewers would not mention any of the actors by name. And it's clear that the Korean actors that do get to act in a Hollywood movie usually have a very good English and accent, but even then are mostly in forgettable roles, as you've said. I guess more than I want him to do an international production, I want him to get away from the restrictions and formula of Kdramas. I want him to do something a bit more realistic and raw. 

However, right now, there seem to be more opportunities opening with the demand from major streaming services. Especially in horror/fantasy/sci fi genre. I’m more hopeful for an opportunity to open for him in this context. I can imagine him in The Mandalorian universe (to give an example), and he can play a beautiful alien, that way he doesn’t have to speak english (ok most aliens speak english in these shows but if the plot needs it, they won’t lol) or maybe some new HBO thing where he can show his action skills and also his great eye acting. Of course this is just me dreaming/hoping for some kind of miracle Hollywood moment where some good director stumbles upon one of his works and falls in love because I don’t see Sidus or JH actively pursuing this anymore (unfortunately) 

Exactly! I also want him to do something produced for one of the streaming services. I know that in India they started producing such shows, and they are so good, that even movie stars, that until now would never do a series for Indian TV, are now doing series for amazon and Netflix. And this is what I want for JH.

• Like 3

While I think it’s disappointing for all of us that taking on a variety host role means likely no drama for the rest of the year, I somehow am quite positive that when he chooses to come back, he will come back with a bang! Just a gut feeling haha. For now, let’s just hope his new variety is fun - I believe his time will come again. There are many actors who took longer hiatuses than him but find good scripts again that catapulted them back to the limelight. I think it’s more important that he gets a strong script and role than to get something non-memorable like TMWYS (sorry but IMO I really think that show did nothing for his career :(). 

so let’s just hope for the best for his new variety! I think if he chose to take it, he would have been comfortable enough with CTH and that’s why he accepted it. LSY seems to be a nice guy and he is much younger than JH so I don’t think he will be “making fun or teasing” him esp in Korea where they take respect for seniors and age very seriously. I think it would be interesting to see their dynamics. 

• Like 5

I like variety shows, so I'm happy about this news. I like CTH and LSY too. I've watched so much variety, like Running Man and 1N2D, that I don't even blink at the teasing. It will likely have a short run. That's the new trend in variety shows, a limited run with a possible season 2 if the ratings are decent. That's the deal with CTH's upcoming variety show with Zo In-sung.

I'd like to see JH in a Netflix original. I'm looking forward to several on their schedule for 2021, but they are getting big movie stars like Gong Yoo, Lee Jung-jae, Yoo Ah-in. Unfortunately, I think a string of low-rated, mediocre dramas has hurt JH's career a bit. It's probably not a bad idea for him to do some variety instead of taking whatever drama comes along, just to be working. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup Ok, I am happy he is active, working, and that we'll get to continue seeing him (this is obviously much better than not seeing him alone) but on the other hand, I miss him so much in dramas, I want to cry at the same time :brokenheart:

I'm not a variety show fan, I only watch them because I miss him and he is adorable in them, but come on!!!! I get the feeling we won't see him in a drama this year 

Haha I will watch him in anything. 

I was watching law of the jungle —- I love how they always like to use the music from Chuno when JH is hard at work! Like starting the fire.

is almost like he has exclusive usage of that OST :)

1 hour ago, qynn said:

I like variety shows, so I'm happy about this news. I like CTH and LSY too. I've watched so much variety, like Running Man and 1N2D, that I don't even blink at the teasing. It will likely have a short run. That's the new trend in variety shows, a limited run with a possible season 2 if the ratings are decent. That's the deal with CTH's upcoming variety show with Zo In-sung.

I'd like to see JH in a Netflix original. I'm looking forward to several on their schedule for 2021, but they are getting big movie stars like Gong Yoo, Lee Jung-jae, Yoo Ah-in. Unfortunately, I think a string of low-rated, mediocre dramas has hurt JH's career a bit. It's probably not a bad idea for him to do some variety instead of taking whatever drama comes along, just to be working. 

The news didn’t quite say what the variety show is about right?

8 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

It also looked like the outfit he wore to sumi 's mountain cabin..haha

The Chinese subs for the show is

out! He only appeared towards the end at 42:45

Thanks, then I will fast forward until 42:45!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

From the preview for today's episode-

Jane's caption:

<Edited from the pre-release video on Feb.27>

Kang Daniel made a quickie Citron(Yuzu) syrup out of citrons that Jang Hyuk picked from trees during the day. Under the harsh weather, no wonder hot and sweet citron tea made a big comfort. Good job done Kang Daniel and Park Gun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ran into this vague post, looks like from an IG account of a restaurant or an event organizer? The thing is that JH and the rest of the guys from the new Variety show just announced have all been tagged, including the channel. Maybe the new show (named Nationwide Bang Cook Cook??)  is going to be a food show?

If this is true than looks the ep will be broadcasted on April 3rd.

The translation of the caption:

Vino Steak's signature menus
I got on the show
This is the first room on April 3rd.
Our chef Kim also receives an appearance fee
I don't want to shoot it~~
#Nationwide Bang Cook Cook #NBN #Janghyuk #Cha Tae-Hyun #Lee Sang-yeop #Seorae Village Restaurant #Lamb Ribs Steak #Hanwoo Steak Restaurant #Vino Steak #Vino Flower #VINOFLOWER #VINOSTEAK

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLwEcGrJ2Hl/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ran into this vague post, looks like from an IG account of a restaurant or an event organizer? The thing is that JH and the rest of the guys from the new Variety show just announced have all been tagged, including the channel. Maybe the new show (named Nationwide Bang Cook Cook??)  is going to be a food show?

If this is true than looks the ep will be broadcasted on April 3rd.

Wow a food show sounds fun! 

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Great for him! He makes food look soooo  delicious and we love to watch him eat. 

An interesting concept might be JH learning how to cook from chefs. That could be hilarious and beneficial to JH, as he has shown willingness to learn in Yacht Expedition.

15 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Translated another part to sumi's sanjang

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLykaLFp2IC/?igshid=1dxajgl0wc65a

It's very difficult do define what a delight JH is! His gentleness and amiability, that come with a threat of violence, is very funny! :Megalol: His friends are so lucky... 

Again, thank you @azureblue7 for the translation! :heartxoxo:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1