5 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

the eng also on kisstvshow

The first episode of Sumi Sanjang? I tried searching but couldn't find it :/

20 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

I assume no eng subs ?

I think kshow123 has it but is blocked in my country. 

No subs on whatchasian until now :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, azureblue7 said:

He prefers talking to people than texting. 

Thank you so much for translating this! This is from the part of the interview that for some reason didn't have English subs anymore. I loved this interview as it reveals sides to JH I've never seen. I remember initially they were trying to make the interview funny seeing how serious JH really is, but by the end you could see how JH's quiet voice charms them and they end up just listening and talking to him. I had no idea what they said,  as by then there was no translation, but you could see it from the way they were talking...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Biology Lesson JH could still pursue this martial artist/actor angle, it might open new and interesting opportunities for him outside of Korea. Maybe a role in a Netflix, Apple TV or HBO Max new show. Joe Taslim is in Warrior (I believe that’s HBO) like you said, maybe in a role where he doesn’t have to talk a lot and do mostly eye acting (the world needs to get to know and get hypnotized by his mesmerizing eyes!) I really hope The Swordsman gets him an opportunity to diversify. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson JH could still pursue this martial artist/actor angle, it might open new and interesting opportunities for him outside of Korea. Maybe a role in a Netflix, Apple TV or HBO Max new show. Joe Taslim is in Warrior (I believe that’s HBO) like you said, maybe in a role where he doesn’t have to talk a lot and do mostly eye acting (the world needs to get to know and get hypnotized by his mesmerizing eyes!) I really hope The Swordsman gets him an opportunity to diversify. 

I hope so too. The thing is that it seems that The Swordsman itself has already impressed most of the people that watched it. And I have to say I'm seeing more and more reactions to the movie from non-Koreans, so I still don't know what The Swordsman is going to do for JH's career. JH has a unique approach to action that seems very fresh to these viewers. It still baffles me why JH hasn't done more action movies! Weren't any offered to him, or did he prefer to do drama?

On the other hand, I really don't want JH to take the same path as Joe Taslim. I mean he is much more known to international viewers, but "The fast and the furious" is not the type of movies that I want JH to do, or Mortal Kombat in which Joe plays Sub-zero with a mask over his face...

I'm hoping for a Chuno-style movie, in which you have a great dramatic role, but also great action sequences, with a better story than Chuno, as you know how I feel about Chuno... :). I do have a problem with Korean movies as they tend to treat emotions in a very detached and shallow way, but I trust JH to take care of that...

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

@Biology Lesson yea Korean seniority is strange to me too even though we have that in Vietnamese culture, but they take it to a whole new level.

I would add the chinese culture too (China) only that perhaps it's not as "strong" as the koreans & japanese. You see it in MF (hahaha) grandfather makes the decision for everyone. The younger ones including Mal Ran also got to listen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I hope so too. The thing is that it seems that The Swordsman itself has already impressed most of the people that watched it. And I have to say I'm seeing more and more reactions to the movie from non-Koreans, so I still don't know what The Swordsman is going to do for JH's career. JH has a unique approach to action that seems very fresh to these viewers. It still baffles me why JH hasn't done more action movies! Weren't any offered to him, or did he prefer to do drama?

On the other hand, I really don't want JH to take the same path as Joe Taslim. I mean he is much more known to international viewers, but "The fast and the furious" is not the type of movies that I want JH to do, or Mortal Kombat in which Joe plays Sub-zero with a mask over his face...

I'm hoping for a Chuno-style movie, in which you have a great dramatic role, but also great action sequences, with a better story than Chuno, as you know how I feel about Chuno... :). I do have a problem with Korean movies as they tend to treat emotions in a very detached and shallow way, but I trust JH to take care of that...

Yea, that's what I worry about too.  My cousin recently sent me the new Mortal Kombat movie trailer, and while I had great childhood memories playing the games etc...the movies itself doesn't do it justice for me.  I don't know if I like that many martial arts movie from Hollywood to be honest.    How nice if we can blend both worlds.

• Like 4

OK, I just saw this clip from The great ambition, and I know that JH said that he's disappointed in his acting in this show, and I truly don't understand why. Watching this he seems very genuine and natural. I can't really find a problem in his acting. If anything-  I think she has improved a lot since this show- 

• Like 4

@Biology Lesson I agree, out of all his pre military service works, his acting in Great Ambition was my favorite because it was very calm and subtle. His character was an absolute sweetheart (as opposed to the either rebellious or loud characters he had played until then) According to Gumi, the writer (who was very prestigious at the time) said she chose JH for that role because she saw in him a sort of sweet angelic aura that completely suited the character. Something similar to how The Flu director chose him because he already perceived him as the character. 

My theory to why JH felt he wasn’t good enough is one the one hand the fact that he is humble and also strict with himself. But another theory is, since this drama was filmed the same year that he filmed Successful Story of a Bright Girl and I remember how many times they had to repeat scenes because he couldn’t get them right, I suppose the struggle behind the scenes might’ve been similar in Daemang so maybe that’s what JH remembers, the behind the scenes struggles, not so much the end result for us viewers. In other words maybe to us he looks natural but maybe it took several takes to get the scenes right? 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

22 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I agree, out of all his pre military service works, his acting in Great Ambition was my favorite because it was very calm and subtle. His character was an absolute sweetheart (as opposed to the either rebellious or loud characters he had played until then) According to Gumi, the writer (who was very prestigious at the time) said she chose JH for that role because she saw in him a sort of sweet angelic aura that completely suited the character. Something similar to how The Flu director chose him because he already perceived him as the character. 

My theory to why JH felt he wasn’t good enough is one the one hand the fact that he is humble and also strict with himself. But another theory is, since this drama was filmed the same year that he filmed Successful Story of a Bright Girl and I remember how many times they had to repeat scenes because he couldn’t get them right, I suppose the struggle behind the scenes might’ve been similar in Daemang so maybe that’s what JH remembers, the behind the scenes struggles, not so much the end result for us viewers. In other words maybe to us he looks natural but maybe it took several takes to get the scenes right? 

I wonder if the need to repeat the scenes so many times was mostly from JH side and his perfectionism. I mean, looking at the vid, the girl is not very good, so obviously she wasn't self-aware as JH. So I wonder if in spite of his lack of experience, JH still managed to a achieve a good performance though his persistence. 

As to Successful Story of a Bright Girl- I can't myself to actually watch it due to JH's hair and JNR's performance in the few scenes that I saw...

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

As to Successful Story of a Bright Girl- I can't myself to actually watch it due to JH's hair and JNR's performance in the few scenes that I saw...

Hahaha what happened to his hair in that drama? I loved it very much. I thought it was beautiful to watch and see their evolution. I'm planning to watch "Into the Sunlight" when I finish Iris 2.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, janghaesoo said:

Hahaha what happened to his hair in that drama? I loved it very much. I thought it was beautiful to watch and see their evolution. I'm planning to watch "Into the Sunlight" when I finish Iris 2.

I just didn't like the dyed hair... I don't like anything fake on JH- not dyed hair, like in the first part of Midas, nor fake facial hair, like in Tazza... Can't stand it! And it seems like neither does JH nowadays as he said he doesn't like to use wigs and in MC there was not fake beard, like there was in Empire of Lust 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I just didn't like the dyed hair... I don't like anything fake on JH- not dyed hair, like in the first part of Midas, nor fake facial hair, like in Tazza... Can't stand it! And it seems like neither does JH nowadays as he said he doesn't like to use wigs and in MC there was not fake beard, like there was in Empire of Lust 

I agree! But the texture was a little awkward too, I was wondering what they tried to do with his hair.

• Like 3

Hi! The Chuno group watch at Kfangurl’s blog ended and it was so much fun! that she decided to do another group watch for Money Flower (and also Dr Romantic) Here is the link if anyone is interested 

https://thefangirlverdict.com/2021/02/24/announcement-dr-romantic-group-watch-plus-bonus-money-flower-group-watch/?amp

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1