13 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I've come to like his creep! Lol. Ya initially it was ear torture but I've come to like it. Hahaha....The only thing I cannot stand is his curtain. Can we have a non curtain hair?

Oh, no! I love his curtain hair! :D I hope he will keep this hair style for at least one drama... But, no, creep I can't stand... that just... no :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Look at Sumi's lodge... but why is JH fully dressed in the hot springs (?) place? <_< 

My friend told me that when she went to SK hot spring, she & everyone else has to be completely nude. You sure JH is ok with that for filming? Hahaha!

22 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, no! I love his curtain hair! :D I hope he will keep this hair style for at least one drama... But, no, creep I can't stand... that just... no :P

I think it's because he doesn't pronounce the words properly. You  know how people in Japan, SK or HK or Taiwan or Mainland China speak English right? I think it's due to this his Creep is really creepy. Lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

37 minutes ago, budgerie said:

My friend told me that when she went to SK hot spring, she & everyone else has to be completely nude. You sure JH is ok with that for filming? Hahaha!

Maybe he isn't, but I am! For him, that is... :D

37 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I think it's because he doesn't pronounce the words properly. You  know how people in Japan, SK or HK or Taiwan or Mainland China speak English right? I think it's due to this his Creep is really creepy. Lol.

For sure it's because of that. I much like it when he sings in Korean because of that. What's confusing to me is why doesn't he even try imitate an American accent or a British one. He's an actor, I'm sure he can do that. I mean, this is how I speak in English- I imitate- my accent isn't perfect but it's much better than it would have been in my real accent. It's like JH just won't pretend in his real life in anything. The only time he's pretending is  when he's acting. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Maybe he isn't, but I am! For him, that is... :D

For this, you have to use your imagination. Heehee!

But frankly, IDK about you, but I can't too. Imagine being with strangers, you have to be nude.

11 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

why doesn't he even try imitate an American accent or a British one. He's an actor,

I think it's not so easy. He's an actor - he acts out a character but when it comes to speaking, it isn't so easy to imitate accent. Cos for example, people in HK or Taiwan or Mainland, they can't pronounce certain alphabet. They literally put S into every sentence....like Happy Birthday would be Happy Bers Day. You know what I mean?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, budgerie said:

For this, you have to use your imagination. Heehee!

But frankly, IDK about you, but I can't too. Imagine being with strangers, you have to be nude.

Me? Oh never! Well he did already go full nude (almost) in movies. I think about the BTS of Volcano high, when he was filming that scene in the shower room. Not only was he almost fully nude (I guess he was wearing that sock thing actors do?), but he was also freezing cold, and the set around him was full of people- remember those girls off to the side watching and giggling? Can't imagine how embarrassing that was for him!

But he said in the Healing camp interview- he won't go nude anymore unless it's essential to the role... Damnit! :hwaiting2:

I think it's not so easy. He's an actor - he acts out a character but when it comes to speaking, it isn't so easy to imitate accent. Cos for example, people in HK or Taiwan or Mainland, they can't pronounce certain alphabet. They literally put S into every sentence....like Happy Birthday would be Happy Bers Day. You know what I mean?

yeah, they can't say "th", instead saying "s"... For me the "r" in English are hard, like in the word "order", it sometimes comes out almost like "w" instead :) 

For Koreans I noticed that it's the rhythm of the language that is also a problem. There is something sing-songy about Korean, a rhythm that they maintain when they speak English, and then the words come out with the wrong emphasis. 

I know that after he came out of the army, JH for a time wanted to work on his English as he was thinking about Hollywood (or was it his agency?), explaining why he took Dance of the dragon. But he said that he was so stressed out during that shoot that he had panic attacks, right? Maybe this is why he gave up on English...

I wish he will pick it up again, just a bit since I saw during the promotion of The swordsman, how most non-Korean viewers knew Joe Taslim but not JH. I want JH to be internationally recognized, and he actually can achieve that now! I just saw the new trailer for "Mortal Kombat" with Joe Taslim, and from what I saw there was no expectations for an accentless English from any of the Asians in the movie! Just the willingness to speak :) I have to say I found the action very jerky and clunky compared to JH's smooth style...

Don't get me wrong- I don't want him in mindless action movies. I want him in more intelligent ones, like John Wick

• Like 5

On 2/18/2021 at 2:44 PM, Biology Lesson said:

Yes, totally with you on this! :tounge_xd:

6 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Me? Oh never! Well he did already go full nude (almost) in movies. I think about the BTS of Volcano high, when he was filming that scene in the shower room. Not only was he almost fully nude (I guess he was wearing that sock thing actors do?), but he was also freezing cold, and the set around him was full of people- remember those girls off to the side watching and giggling? Can't imagine how embarrassing that was for him!

But he said in the Healing camp interview- he won't go nude anymore unless it's essential to the role... Damnit! 

yeah, they can't say "th", instead saying "s"... For me the "r" in English are hard, like in the word "order", it sometimes comes out almost like "w" instead :) 

For Koreans I noticed that it's the rhythm of the language that is also a problem. There is something sing-songy about Korean, a rhythm that they maintain when they speak English, and then the words come out with the wrong emphasis. 

I know that after he came out of the army, JH for a time wanted to work on his English as he was thinking about Hollywood (or was it his agency?), explaining why he took Dance of the dragon. But he said that he was so stressed out during that shoot that he had panic attacks, right? Maybe this is why he gave up on English...

I wish he will pick it up again, just a bit since I saw during the promotion of The swordsman, how most non-Korean viewers knew Joe Taslim but not JH. 

I can't watch him doing nude scenes, so I also hope he won't full a full nude one. Don't even show his butt. :ph34r:

Personally, I feel the korean language is so hard to learn so I can understand how hard it is for them to learn English. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think about the BTS of Volcano high, when he was filming that scene in the shower room. Not only was he almost fully nude (I guess he was wearing that sock thing actors do?), but he was also freezing cold, and the set around him was full of people- remember those girls off to the side watching and giggling? Can't imagine how embarrassing that was for him!

But he said in the Healing camp interview- he won't go nude anymore unless it's essential to the role... Damnit! 

I rather he don't do any nude scenes. His nude scenes weren't great. It was kinda put off...EOL & Innocent Thing.

For me the "r" in English are hard, like in the word "order", it sometimes comes out almost like "w" instead :) 

My SIL has problem pronouncing BR. For instance, umbrella, she couldn't pronounce the br...so it sounded UM BEL RA.

Personally, I feel the korean language is so hard to learn so I can understand how hard it is for them to learn English. 

Oh yes, korean writing is so difficult too.

• Like 3