3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I don’t worry because he already filmed it and he is fine. But, I do worry about these shows in any country but more in Asia. Remember that chinese actor who died doing these type of shows? Of course, even breathing is dangerous these days so why worry right? Lol I just want to see him again 

You referring to Godfrey Gao? What a pity to die in such a manner & he was a fit guy who exercised regularly. It was said he had a cardiac arrest while filming the strenuous variety show + they had been filming for long hours. I read from other participants that the show is very strenuous & tiring.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I also am not pleased that we still don't have news of a new acting project.... I adore him, but I want to see him act!

Same sentiment.  I'm happy and disappointed at the same time.  Why still no news of a drama?  I envy the fans every time I see an actor being cast in a new drama :brokenheart:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, budgerie said:

You referring to Godfrey Gao? What a pity to die in such a manner & he was a fit guy who exercised regularly. It was said he had a cardiac arrest while filming the strenuous variety show + they had been filming for long hours. I read from other participants that the show is very strenuous & tiring.

Yes! Godfrey Gao R.I.P. It was so sad and shocking. A beautiful man. 

@yoeda A friend of mine (not Gumi) tells me that she heard JH had been wanting to participate in this show for a while but his friend Ryu Dam, who has been in the show a few times, didn’t want him to join because he knows there’s nothing he won’t do and that show is actually very tough (I guess his friend got in overprotective mode? Its not like Hyuk is crazy lol) The article suggests the opposite, that it was the show that wanted JH since 10 years ago (right?) Maybe it was a combination of both

But the point is, its a relief the show is already filmed, JH is fine and apparently did well. I’ve never watched Survivor and its not something that I normally watch but, its Hyukie! :partyblob: I hope he has many good moments. It seems the show has many participants. 

@AgnesO I know, right? So many casting news recently :pensive:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AgnesO said:

Same sentiment.  I'm happy and disappointed at the same time.  Why still no news of a drama?  I envy the fans every time I see an actor being cast in a new drama 

Everytime I see a casting news, I would think is this role suitable for Hyuk? But I guess we just got to wait a bit more. I think perhaps he has signed on that TVN something sunset drama and is just waiting for it to start rolling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AgnesO said:

Same sentiment.  I'm happy and disappointed at the same time.  Why still no news of a drama?  I envy the fans every time I see an actor being cast in a new drama 

But You should be comforted by the fact that you are a JH fan, and they are not :) I got bored recently so I went on a Kdramas site, and I couldn't be bothered with trying to watch any of them! I ended up watching Rabbit and Lizard and Penthouse elephant.  It does frustrate me that JH doesn't get more roles, but considering that I don't like most Kdramas, can I complain about him not being in them? I don't know...  Now I'm fixated on him doing a remake of Lady Hawk... I think any remake of a good movie or a show will be great. Then we'd at least know the story is good...

Tried watching one of the Law of the Jungle shows, and to my disappointment it is not translated. I hope JH's show will be subbed... 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Everytime I see a casting news, I would think is this role suitable for Hyuk? But I guess we just got to wait a bit more. I think perhaps he has signed on that TVN something sunset drama and is just waiting for it to start rolling. 

I think the same and many times they don’t seem suitable or maybe repetitive for him, honestly. Like say I was thinking he could’ve done “Awaken” but, that character seems like others he has played (I think) Who knows how many offers he is actually getting but regardless of that, he might actually be waiting for a role that inspires him now, while still maintaining himself active with variety, as opposed to taking back to back dramas, as he was over the past few years. Maybe he already took that drama you mentioned too. All we can do is wait! Ahhhhhh! 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

8 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I guess so. Just like his movie and this variety show, there was absolutely no news mentioned about it on his schedule that he was actually filming it. So who knows, he might be filming the tvN drama now.

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

But You should be comforted by the fact that you are a JH fan, and they are not :) I got bored recently so I went on a Kdramas site, and I couldn't be bothered with trying to watch any of them! I ended up watching Rabbit and Lizard and Penthouse elephant.  It does frustrate me that JH doesn't get more roles, but considering that I don't like most Kdramas, can I complain about him not being in them? I don't know...  Now I'm fixated on him doing a remake of Lady Hawk... I think any remake of a good movie or a show will be great. Then we'd at least know the story is good...

Tried watching one of the Law of the Jungle shows, and to my disappointment it is not translated. I hope JH's show will be subbed... 

The show  is subbed on VIU, kocowa, Viki and the usual websites we watch variety shows.

7 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Wahhh finally I’m back in, have been having problem with my password and I’m so glad to see JH news on his participation in the new variety program :)

can’t wait to watch, 22 Feb right ?

Great to see you back!  It will be aired on 20 Feb

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Wahhh finally I’m back in, have been having problem with my password and I’m so glad to see JH news on his participation in the new variety program :)

can’t wait to watch, 22 Feb right ?

20th my dear, on a Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

11 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

(I guess his friend got in overprotective mode?

So nice to have such a friend. I guess his friend just only wanted to caution him that (10 years ago) his children were still small & if any thing untoward happens to him..

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

But You should be comforted by the fact that you are a JH fan, and they are not :) 

I got told off once by a friend. You have your idol, I have mine! So don't influence me to like your idol. After that I become cautious not to recommend JH drama. :confounded:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

With bro ~

Whenever his "bro" takes a picture with him, I always wonder why JH looks so odd in those pictures. And then I realize it when look at his "bro" - he's using filters! He's using filters to make himself look better, while JH always ends up looking slightly off... I hate those filters!<_<

But- are they filming something together? They have mikes on...

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

So nice to have such a friend. I guess his friend just only wanted to caution him that (10 years ago) his children were still small & if any thing untoward happens to him..

I got told off once by a friend. You have your idol, I have mine! So don't influence me to like your idol. After that I become cautious not to recommend JH drama. :confounded:

That's are strange aggressive reaction... Was you friend so afraid she'd end up liking your "idol"?! What's wrong with getting to know another good actor? Most of the people around me don't watch Kdramas, but it amused when two students of mine, that realized that I do watch Kdrama, by coincidence recommended My Country to me :) They also recommended Hwarang to me, but I won't hold that against them... ugh...:crazy:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Whenever his "bro" takes a picture with him, I always wonder why JH looks so odd in those pictures. And then I realize it when look at his "bro" - he's using filters! He's using filters to make himself look better, while JH always ends up looking slightly off... I hate those filters!

But- are they filming something together? They have mikes on...

But but he looks so good here hehe. I miss him too much. :kiss_wink:

• Like 3