21 hours ago, budgerie said:

BPP is 1 of my fav drama because it's so "everyday life" imo. About a marriage gone sour, about a teenager kid (kind of rebellious) about the struggles of a breadwinner trying so hard to bring home the dough. About illness of a loved ones. If we look at people around us, we may encounter people whom we know in similar situations. I like drama like this but this one is really sad. Ji Cheol is such a sad man who doesn't communicate with his wife (a typical mistake in a long marriage).  

The video and your words are now making me cry for Jicheol. I guess in the end, I do have strong feelings about this drama :pensive: Jicheol is probably the most heartbreaking (and at the same time frustrating) character he has played. But he was also the most loving father *sigh*. Ok I need to stop myself or :criesariver:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

The video and your words are now making me cry for Jicheol. I guess in the end, I do have strong feelings about this drama :pensive: Jicheol is probably the most heartbreaking (and at the same time frustrating) character he has played. But he was also the most loving father *sigh*. Ok I need to stop myself or :criesariver:

I cried so badly when the script made Ji Cheol die in the end! Couldn't we have a family reunion?

In real life, there are also many fantastic fathers out there but are not good husband. What has happened to Ji Cheol marriage also happens in real life.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

• Prettysup changed the title to Jang Hyuk 장혁 - upcoming movie 'River's Grave'
21 hours ago, budgerie said:
Spoiler

I cried so badly when the script made Ji Cheol die in the end! Couldn't we have a family reunion

?

In real life, there are also many fantastic fathers out there but are not good husband. What has happened to Ji Cheol marriage also happens in real life.

Spoiler

This is a case where on the one hand, maybe his death was the only “solution” since he had made such a big mistake regarding that other boxer but on the other hand I wish they have found a way to give him a redemption arch, and a happy ending. I feel like the drama would’ve become more “rewatchable” that way. We would be recommending it easily because the acting was really good! (Some more romantic flashbacks with his wife would’ve helped too) 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, budgerie said:

I cried so badly when the script made Ji Cheol die in the end! Couldn't we have a family reunion?

Oooppsss I think not everyone has watched BPP yet? :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

43 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

This is a case where on the one hand, maybe his death was the only “solution” since he had made such a big mistake regarding that other boxer but on the other hand I wish they have found a way to give him a redemption arch, and a happy ending. I feel like the drama would’ve become more “rewatchable” that way. We would be recommending it easily because the acting was really good! (Some more romantic flashbacks with his wife would’ve helped too) 

So agree with you!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Looks like Thewon Gym has a new Youtube channel, and this was posted 2 days ago. Not sure if it's new, or if this was posted before- but the translation of the caption is "Actor Jang Hyuk, the king of self-management, Korean champion Kum Dong-ho" 

Don't think this is a new one. :smile:

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I agree with you, I love BPP in that it feels so real and the problems are very common among married couples. And seeing a brilliant actor like hyukie taking the role of BPP makes it so believable. But no, I just cannot bring myself to rewatch it, yet. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Is he playing peekaboo with us? I even miss his boxing videos.

He's such a character... :D Such a great compilation! 

I have to say, I don't miss Yacht Expedition- I got bored by the later episodes. But I do want some news already! I mean, we know that he tends to delay any announcement of a new role as much as he can, so who knows? Maybe he's already preparing for something specific... I mean, I hope... 

In the mean time, I just saw this announcement about a Korean remake of the Mentalist, as people were suggesting JH for the role (it looks like no one is pleased about the actor that was offered the role...). I actually don't like the Mentalist, as Jane was rude and obnoxious in it, while the rest of the cops were useless, but this could be a great opportunity for JH to revisit OHJ... I hope the producers will listen to the blowback- 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 12:24 PM, Ding77 said:

On 1/5/2021 at 3:18 PM, dramafan33 said:

@Ding77 Oops! You are right! We can edit and hide the spoiler. I just did in mine. 

It's an old drama. can't be considered spoiler anymore. lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Movie "The Swordsman" and Drama "Penthouse" the first week of January cable VOD "First Place."

According to the nationwide cable TV "VOD Rankings of Movies and Broadcasts in Week 1 of January," including LG Hello Vision, B TV Cable, Delive, CMB, and Hyundai HCN announced by Home Choice on the 7th January, "The Swordsman" topped the film VOD category. It was followed by "Collectors" and "Next Door Neighbour"

"The Swordsman" is a real chase action film that begins after the retirement of Gwanghaegun County, when the Joseon's best swordsman Tae-yul, who turned his back on the world, holds a knife again to find his daughter Tae-ok, who disappeared. Flexible sword action gives you a strong pleasure. Second place, "Collectors," is a crime entertainment film in which Kang Dong-gu, a natural genius thief, digs up relics hidden in the ground with experts from all over the country and holds a thrilling game. Newly ranked third, "Next Door Neighbour" tells the story of a provincial government team in a demotion crisis moving next door to a family of politicians who were quarantined at home, monitoring them day and night.

The fourth place "Collateral" is a human story that takes place when Du-seok (Sung Dong-il), an unsympathetic private loan shark, and his junior servant, went to collect the money, and suddenly took care of the nine-year-old Seung as collateral. The fifth-ranked "Samjin Group English TOEIC Class" is an eight-year job in 1995, and is a veteran in work skills, but since he is a high school graduate, his three friends who always join the company's TOEIC class work together to find out the corruption committed by the company.

In the broadcast VOD, SBS' Monday-Tuesday drama "Penthouse" topped the list for eight consecutive weeks, making it a successful conclusion. "Penthouse" ended the season 1 with a shocking reversal that ended with a "vicious victory" in which Shim Soo-ryeon and Oh Yoon-hee eventually faced tragic end and brutally revealed their dual faces. "Miss Trot 2," ranked second, raised the prelude to the team's mission in the first round of the finals, and the elementary, middle and high schools performed a series of twists and turns to marvel at the masters.

Mr Queen was ranked third, and 'I Want to Know That' was ranked fourth. Last week's "I Want to Know That" episode, which analyzed how 16-month-old Jeong-in was abused to death, drew attention by creating public anger among netizens. The drama "Amazing Rumors," based on a webtoon of the same name, came in fifth.

Meanwhile, Home Choice is Korea's first VOD service provider established in 2007 jointly by cable TV operators nationwide. It is a comprehensive media content company that is doing VOD service, advertising, film production and distribution, and channel business.

ErHOJqkUUAEuNJV?format=jpg&name=small

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/1000093?ref=naver

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2021 at 12:24 PM, Ding77 said:

Yes, including meeeee :dead:

On 1/7/2021 at 9:01 AM, yoeda said:

It's an old drama. can't be considered spoiler anymore. lol

Nooooooooooooo, it still is! :crybaby:

On another note, I am watching Chuno at last and while I know one major spoiler, I'm still trying avoid all others like the plague (including the fantastic fan vid of @DarlaRochelle, just to be safe). 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

6 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

Yes, including meeeee

Nooooooooooooo, it still is! 

On another note, I am watching Chuno at last and while I know one major spoiler, I'm still trying avoid all others like the plague (including the fantastic fan vid of @DarlaRochelle, just to be safe). 

But u hv to watch BPP, it shows a lot of "skin", of cos u r enjoying that from Chuno first half haha. You know this is not everyday thing we get from hyukie. :hwaiting2:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I have a feeling I'd end up loving his older shows for the more conventional endings :heart4: 

But definitely, for all the hard work he put into BPP, I have to watch (but I guess delay for a long while) :tenor:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

This was posted by Jane. Looks like one of the actors from River's grave is going to a appear in a  certain show, and his bit was filmed on the set- so it seems like JH will also be interviewed!

This the caption she posted on IG:

It seems that actor Oh Daehwan’s portion of this show was filmed at the film set of the movie, “Gangneung”. That’s how actor Jang Hyuk and actor You Ohsung appeared, I assume. I have no idea about this show, so I will just look forward to next Saturday!
Episode 136 will air at 23:10 on MBC, Jan.16.

• Like 4

More about the show above, it is 

MBC reality show "Omniscient Interfering View" Or "The manager" where The managers of celebrities, who know more about the stars they are working for, have decided to unseal their lips! In the program, the show’s hosts receive detailed descriptions of celebrities’ lifestyles and will “interfere” with their lives. 

Most importantly, we can watch it at the same website (kisstv) as Yacht expedition and so far the eps are subbed!!!!:approves:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1