Jump to content

Recommended Posts

"Yacht Expedition" Jang Hyuk-Huh Kyung-Hwan vs. Choi Yeo-Jin-So-Yoo, the penalty for the fishing battle is to go into the water

 

 

In the ninth episode of MBC Everyone's "Yacht Expedition: The Beginning," which will be broadcast on December 21, Jang Hyuk, Heo Kyung-hwan, Choi Yeo-jin and Soyou, who are heading to the Anmado island fishing spot, will be revealed. "Yacht Expedition" team was taught by 'Kang Tae-gong' the fishing deity of Anmado Island, "You can catch it if you throw it." Attention is focusing on whether they will be able to overcome their bad luck in fishing.

 

In the released photo, "Yacht Expedition" is divided into teams owned by Jang Hyuk, Heo Kyung-hwan and Choi Yeo-jin, Soyou and is engaged in a fishing battle. The losing team's penalty is to dive into the sea. The members of the "Yacht Expedition" who threw fishing rods with the spirit of sweeping rockfish in the sea are also eye-catching.

 

As soon as the yacht expedition team started fishing, it was said that they had high expectations for the water quality. However, the yacht expedition team's mind was filled with longing because of the rockfish that were not caught and caught. Jang Hyuk is said to have been busy on the yacht, standing up and sitting on the sway of a fishing rod.

 

Soyou, in particular, is said to have shown a strong commitment  as if she had become a husband-longing stone. Even when everyone was mesmerized by the beautiful sea sunset, Soyou waited for a bite by looking only at the fishing rod. Attention is being paid to whether the fishing will be successful.

 

Until now, 'Yacht Expedition' has built up sad memories of fishing. In the first fishing, they caught only mini webfoot octopus and just before they came to Anmado, Eocheong-do missed the opportunity to catch the wild mackerel by mistake. This time, it will be revealed on the main broadcast whether they can taste the fishing hand properly. 

 

202012211317002410_2.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • azureblue7

    3636

  • Prettysup

    3579

  • Biology Lesson

    2429

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just had to show my friends on here one of my Christmas presents  Hope you all had a blessed Christmas.  

Finally got to watch Hyuk's movie on the big screen! Guess it was not surprising that I saw more men than women watching the movie. Probably the genre appeals more to male audience. Anyway, I was supe

Hi, everyone!  I'm Darla. I am new here and have browsed a bit but haven't posted before. I didn't discover Jang Hyuk until recently and have been making my way through his dramas after first seeing h

5 hours ago, DarlaRochelle said:

Well, I finished watching Money Flower - wow! Everyone had said it was amazing & it is. Hyuk's acting will never stop blowing me away!! I just had to make a video - I was happy I finished it in time to upload on his birthday. I hope everyone will enjoy it!

 

Great video!  :heartxoxo:Keep them coming! :D

 

Even though Money flower is not one of my favorite JH shows- too many missed opportunities for me in it- JH's acting in it was so amazing it made me grab my head in amazement! I literally did that- I couldn't believe I was seeing what a was seeing- such an intense, controlled and contained performance! This was the show that made me say "OK, I need to google this guy...", and the rest is history :)

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I'm seeing of JH in this is show, the more it gets clear that the character that is closest to JH's real character is actually Lee Gun! The same strange combination of competence and cluelessness, seriousness and emotional depth with goofiness, gracefulness and klutziness... The only difference that I can see is JH's shyness compared to LG flamboyance... :D

Considering LG is my favorite JH character, I don't know what to think about this...:sweat_smile:

 

JH on the mast- Have no idea what is being said, but JH looks strangely pleased by the entire escapade, though I guess at a certain point he started to threaten them :) 

 

 

I have to say the vids from their tour of the island look boring to me. I think it's because I myself don't like taking pictures- I don't see the point to it :blink: , so looking at other people taking pictures is doubly boring to me... 

 

  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Birthday support for Hyuk.

I love the figurine!! Looks like him!

 

 

 

More pics at her IG account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJDkdhLFyvz/?igshid=1wqn823x1mzor

 

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

have to say the vids from their tour of the island look boring to me. I think it's because I myself don't like taking pictures- I don't see the point to it :blink: , so looking at other people taking pictures is doubly boring to me... 

 

Ya..that was a little boring for me too..except him..:heart2beat:

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2020 at 11:25 PM, azureblue7 said:


:issohappy:Birthday!:foryou:

 

 

The sixth cut (the one with the group clapping) is from Wok of Love/Greasy Melo? His character looks fun! Makes me want to watch it now. I think I like him best when he's clean shaven~

 

 

16 hours ago, DarlaRochelle said:

Well, I finished watching Money Flower - wow! Everyone had said it was amazing & it is. Hyuk's acting will never stop blowing me away!! I just had to make a video - I was happy I finished it in time to upload on his birthday. I hope everyone will enjoy it!

This video is fantastic! The close-ups and the music captures it perfectly. Thank you for your hard work :heart: I've been avoiding your other FMVs actually since I haven't watched/finished watching the other dramas yet but this one made me want to rewatch Money Flower again (and I just watched it two months ago!).

 

 

13 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@DarlaRochelle I’ve been telling you everywhere but I just really, I’m so impressed with your art. These FMV of yours are on such a different level. They truly highlight and sell the dramas much better than the original campaigns ever did. Like Kfangurl said on youtube, your love is present in your work and we can perceive it. It’s pure art. You really have a gift for this. Anyway love love love! I feel so lucky that you became JHs fan! Through your videos, I love him even more! (I didn’t know that was possible) 

I agree! Now I'm gonna experiment and see if I can convert my sister into a fan through this :hwaiting2:

 

 

11 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

what is your favorite scene of his in the movie, @DarlaRochelle? You can put it in spoiler in case there are people who hasn’t watched. I’m really curious! Hehe. 

Can I answer this a bit? :Pandabulous:  There are a lot of scenes but the ones that stand out for me the most right now are:

- that wordless scene where you see his rage literally pop in the veins on his face, then he controls it by sheer force of will (think this is around episode 3 or 4)

- that slightly cheeky grin when he explains that he is also teaching the chairman a "lesson" (episode 20+?). Plus their other solo scenes together, their interactions are always as equals, there was a scene where the chairman was cursing KPJ in his head but grudgingly admires him just the same

- that sweet scene of both of them sleeping in the car, making sure they don't wake the other up (episode 11-ish)

Hopefully I didn't spoil anything (and I tried to make it vague too) but maybe I should put a tag?

 

 

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

The more I'm seeing of JH in this is show, the more it gets clear that the character that is closest to JH's real character is actually Lee Gun! The same strange combination of competence and cluelessness, seriousness and emotional depth with goofiness, gracefulness and klutziness... The only difference that I can see is JH's shyness compared to LG flamboyance... :D

Considering LG is my favorite JH character, I don't know what to think about this...:sweat_smile:

Tee-hee. I haven't caught up with the last two episodes of Yacht Expedition but I have to say even if each of his dramas/movies has a little bit of JH in it (including LG), I still feel as if his character in The Flu is the closest to him in real life. A bit goofy, and clueless, and falls in love at first sight too!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Wow thanks for making the video! Echoing what @dramafan33 said, this video really reminded us on JH’s greatness. I really miss his acting so much, feels like she’s even though it’s only been 10 months since his last show ended. 
 

what is your favorite scene of his in the movie, @DarlaRochelle? You can put it in spoiler in case there are people who hasn’t watched. I’m really curious! Hehe. 

 

Thank you about the video!!! Here's my answer to your question about a favorite Money Flower scene. 

 

Spoiler

Probably in some ways my favorite scene is the one at the end of episode 20 when he tells Mal Ran who he really is. The intensity of that scene is off the charts - the whole series has been leading to that very moment, and the way she thinks he's going to tell her something good - and then he reveals his identity ..... His eyes in that moment - shew!! That may be the scene that sticks with me the most. I'm a hopeless romantic, so I of course enjoy all of his moments with Mo Hyun too - him saving her during the car wreck, etc. What a series! 

 

15 minutes ago, Jiyuu said:

This video is fantastic! The close-ups and the music captures it perfectly. Thank you for your hard work :heart: I've been avoiding your other FMVs actually since I haven't watched/finished watching the other dramas yet but this one made me want to rewatch Money Flower again (and I just watched it two months ago!).

 

Thank you for your kind words!! I so appreciate it. 

 

 

 

@dramafan33 - thank you, thank you, for all the kind things you have said too about my work - your kindness does not go unnoticed!! :loveu:

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

The sixth cut (the one with the group clapping) is from Wok of Love/Greasy Melo? His character looks fun! Makes me want to watch it now. I think I like him best when he's clean shaven~

 

Yes, it's from wok of love. He is super cute in WOL but not many scenes. If you want to watch him in Wok of Love, here a link where you can  watch his scenes only. But only Chinese subtitles though.

:thumbsup: Wok of Love (Jang Hyuk's Cut)

https://pttent.com/janghyuk/M.1527166138.A.356.html

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching the beautiful video by @DarlaRochelle , I really feel like watching Money Flower again. Pil Joo is really so charismatic and JH's acting is just so amazing in the show.

 

And yet, in real life, he can be very different, more childlike and adorkable. haha! 

 

 

 

 

 

In Ep 9, they didn't show them doing the stretching exercises.  I think that will be for next week last episode.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

After watching the beautiful video by @DarlaRochelle , I really feel like watching Money Flower again. Pil Joo is really so charismatic and JH's acting is just so amazing in the show.

 

And yet, in real life, he can be very different, more childlike and adorkable. haha! 

 

 

I still think there is a side to him we still haven't seen. I still can't bridge the gap between this guy that is so good natured and so easy going that we see on variety shows, and the guy that has such a steel will that he never breaks his promises- to having no pictures of his wife or his children online, that protects his wife from the media so that she never accompanies him to any industry events- that must be hard! I'm sure there were moments he wanted her with him... also, the guy that always uses formal speech with actresses he works with and manages to assert his will (pleasantly, of course) in the shows that he does. There is a thread of steel in him that he seems to hide so well... We know he had disagreements on set as early as on the set of Volcano high. I want to see him in such a situation

 

This was just posted- Looks like Lee Hana from Voice started boxing after JH recommended it to her- 

 

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Spoiler alert!

 

What a question to ask him..haha

 

 

Love how worried he was that his wife might get hurt.:D

 

But, I just wrote about the thread of steel in him, and I think I saw a glimpse of it in his answers and questions in this game. His first answer about doing the show again, was very savvy and sharp. Also, loved the hurt reaction from the guys upon hearing his answer :)

But his questions... wow! very cutting and observant. His question to Choi Yeo Jin made me wonder why he asked her that... 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

 

Love how worried he was that his wife might get hurt.:D

 

But, I just wrote about the thread of steel in him, and I think I saw a glimpse of it in his answers and questions in this game. His first answer about doing the show again, was very savvy and sharp. Also, loved the hurt reaction from the guys upon hearing his answer :)

But his questions... wow! very cutting and observant. His question to Choi Yeo Jin made me wonder why he asked her that... 

The questions he asked her and Heo were pretty sharp..haha. 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ding77 said:

His face paled hahaha it's so funny he was so nervous haha :joy:

Lol, I thought the question can be pretty tricky for both if you take into account his mom and daughter can be pretty high up there along with his wife.  Love how Yeo Jin try to make it a bit better for him with 2nd question.

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

 

Love how worried he was that his wife might get hurt.:D

 

But, I just wrote about the thread of steel in him, and I think I saw a glimpse of it in his answers and questions in this game. His first answer about doing the show again, was very savvy and sharp. Also, loved the hurt reaction from the guys upon hearing his answer :)

But his questions... wow! very cutting and observant. His question to Choi Yeo Jin made me wonder why he asked her that... 

I was rather surprise by his answer.  If it depends on the deal or he have to see it first how can it be such a definite no.  Lol, but I guess maybe it would be easier if they just ask him to be a guest on the show.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Lol, I thought the question can be pretty tricky for both if you take into account his mom and daughter can be pretty high up there along with his wife.  Love how Yeo Jin try to make it a bit better for him with 2nd question.

I was rather surprise by his answer.  If it depends on the deal or he have to see it first how can it be such a definite no.  Lol, but I guess maybe it would be easier if they just ask him to be a guest on the show.

I think he said no to the "definitely". It's not definite that he will say "yes". he has to see what the offer is before he says yes. I guess the only time him saying yes is definite is when one of his friends are involved. Which is why I felt like this answer shows his "steel" a bit- essentially he said "I don't consider anyone in this cast a friend yet". 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Love how worried he was that his wife might get hurt.:D

I was browsing in my sleepy state this morning & I thought I saw/read he said his wife is the only woman he's ever loved. Wow, how lucky she is! Although he doesn't reveal her look/identity but by always professing his love for his wife on tv is a sure way to keep women at bay.

 

Tomo is Christmas Eve, wishing everyone a very happy & merry christmas!  

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

 

I still think there is a side to him we still haven't seen. I still can't bridge the gap between this guy that is so good natured and so easy going that we see on variety shows, and the guy that has such a steel will that he never breaks his promises- to having no pictures of his wife or his children online, that protects his wife from the media so that she never accompanies him to any industry events- that must be hard! I'm sure there were moments he wanted her with him... also, the guy that always uses formal speech with actresses he works with and manages to assert his will (pleasantly, of course) in the shows that he does. There is a thread of steel in him that he seems to hide so well... We know he had disagreements on set as early as on the set of Volcano high. I want to see him in such a situation

 

 

 

I think I know just what you mean, and I think that is part of what attracts me to him, honestly. I like not being able to figure him out completely. Obviously you don't get to where he is by just being easy-going all the time. He has to have an edge, a fire, a firm will, a mind that knows what it wants. And yet he is amiable, and personable, seemingly a joy to be around. All in all, he's a very interesting human.

  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DarlaRochelle said:

 

I think I know just what you mean, and I think that is part of what attracts me to him, honestly. I like not being able to figure him out completely. Obviously you don't get to where he is by just being easy-going all the time. He has to have an edge, a fire, a firm will, a mind that knows what it wants. And yet he is amiable, and personable, seemingly a joy to be around. All in all, he's a very interesting human.

He is...

I was thinking about the incident on the mast, and about JH's reaction to it. At first I was baffled by the fact that he didn't seem angry at all, but then I remembered what he said in an interview after the filming of My country- he said that at times he gets so angry on set that he wants to explode, but he never allows himself to get to that point. He treats things like that like challenges.  And I think this is what happened here- I think JH was angry by what the captain did. I don't think he was completely joking when he said he was preparing for a lawsuit, and that was the reason why he addressed the producer when he was on the mast. 

What the captain did was stupid. I guess it wasn't dangerous, but JH did not agree to this or was familiar with how good the safety measures are. JH might be an action actor, but he is not a thrill seeker. He doesn't do extreme sports at all. Him doing his own stunts is because he decided it's part of his job. And we know that when he does stunts, he is in complete control of them- plans them and practices. For the captain to say "well, he's an action star so I can mess with him that way" was stupid. I think JH really was angry, and that that was part of the reason why when he was asked about "definitely" doing that show again, he said no. Not without knowing the deal first. I kinda enjoyed how the guys reacted to that, after the way they behaved when he was on the mast :D

 

Also, if that made him think of a lawsuit, imagine how he would have reacted had he been there for season 1?! :crazy: I still can't believe the cast of season 1 felt apologetic towards the captain, when he took them into a typhoon!

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

He is...

I was thinking about the incident on the mast, and about JH's reaction to it. At first I was baffled by the fact that he didn't seem angry at all, but then I remembered what he said in an interview after the filming of My country- he said that at times he gets so angry on set that he wants to explode, but he never allows himself to get to that point. He treats things like that like challenges.  And I think this is what happened here- I think JH was angry by what the captain did. I don't think he was completely joking when he said he was preparing for a lawsuit, and that was the reason why he addressed the producer when he was on the mast. 

What the captain did was stupid. I guess it wasn't dangerous, but JH did not agree to this or was familiar with how good the safety measures are. JH might be an action actor, but he is not a thrill seeker. He doesn't do extreme sports at all. Him doing his own stunts is because he decided it's part of his job. And we know that when he does stunts, he is in complete control of them- plans them and practices. For the captain to say "well, he's an action star so I can mess with him that way" was stupid. I think JH really was angry, and that that was part of the reason why when he was asked about "definitely" doing that show again, he said no. Not without knowing the deal first. I kinda enjoyed how the guys reacted to that, after the way they behaved when he was on the mast :D

 

Also, if that made him think of a lawsuit, imagine how he would have reacted had he been there for season 1?! :crazy: I still can't believe the cast of season 1 felt apologetic towards the captain, when he took them into a typhoon!

Hm..I wonder though..see these will be interesting questions that I wish fans ask him during fan meetings.

 

It is always interesting to listen and read everyone's observations and logic.  Although, what we might be upset about and what he gets upset about can be different.  It's just like how you might not understand his relationship with KJK.  Not saying that I'm disagreeing either, but for me, him catching the word definitely might just be his truthful and keeping promises side.

 

Although, I was surprise that everyone was in on this joke, but I blame partly the editing.  Like Yeo Jin for instance at least seem to check up on him to see if he was really ok.  I think the others might also do the same at other times that we didn't get to see or if they felt he was really upset, they would of persuade the captain like maybe this has went on for a bit too long or overboard.  However, since there wasn't much going on in that episode, it was kind of the highlight and what they stress in that episode.

 

Another reason why he might not do the show is he just did it as a challenge to himself and to gain a new experience.  However, the challenge is done and it is on to the next challenge that interest him.  Not to mention that while he had fun times in the water, I'm sure his phobia is still there and seasickness is no joke.  Even people with experience still get seasickness every now and then.  He didn't get sick for a few hours, he was pretty much sick the whole day.

  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Hm..I wonder though..see these will be interesting questions that I wish fans ask him during fan meetings.

 

It is always interesting to listen and read everyone's observations and logic.  Although, what we might be upset about and what he gets upset about can be different. 

 

For sure I don't know if I'm reading him correctly. That's what I said before- I always feel like I'm not getting the full sense of who JH really is. 

 

39 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

 

It's just like how you might not understand his relationship with KJK.  Not saying that I'm disagreeing either, but for me, him catching the word definitely might just be his truthful and keeping promises side.

 

That's what I thought initially, but it was interesting to see how everyone were so surprised by his answer, including the production. I think his smiles and general easy going behavior made them think he was enjoying himself tremendously. But his answer showed, that for him this was nothing but a job. If he's not enjoying himself, he won't show it. One of the cast even said "I guess he's not enjoying it". 

 

Quote

Although, I was surprise that everyone was in on this joke, but I blame partly the editing.  Like Yeo Jin for instance at least seem to check up on him to see if he was really ok.  I think the others might also do the same at other times that we didn't get to see or if they felt he was really upset, they would of persuade the captain like maybe this has went on for a bit too long or overboard.  However, since there wasn't much going on in that episode, it was kind of the highlight and what they stress in that episode.

 

I rewatched the mast part and it was clear that all of the cast, except for the captain, were worried JH would be offended by what the captain did. I think if it was any one of them other that JH on that mast, they wouldn't have been so concerned. And I wonder why that is- again, he seems so friendly and approachable, and still they seem extra careful with him. Even the comedian, that is usually so talkative, when he was fishing with JH, he was unusually quiet- he seems uncomfortable with JH. When JH was on the mast, the comedian even said "we shouldn't do this to him again". And, again, I wonder why, when JH seemed so fine on that mast.

I think JH is hard for them to read, and he indeed doesn't show if he is offended. I'm only going by his words, because he really did look like he was mostly amused. But I thought him saying "I was getting ready for the lawsuit", was a bit extreme. But, yes, I'm only guessing here.

 

Quote

 

Another reason why he might not do the show is he just did it as a challenge to himself and to gain a new experience.  However, the challenge is done and it is on to the next challenge that interest him.  Not to mention that while he had fun times in the water, I'm sure his phobia is still there and seasickness is no joke.  Even people with experience still get seasickness every now and then.  He didn't get sick for a few hours, he was pretty much sick the whole day.

He indeed never seem to do a second season, doesn't he? It's possible that you are right and he just wasn't enjoying himself that much on that Yacht... 

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Prettysup changed the title to Jang Hyuk 장혁 - upcoming movies 'Tomb of the River’ and 'A Kid Deserves To Die'

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..