I wanna say something about JH.

Looking back and re-watch some of his works that I have, I think his image packaging as a rebellious punk didn't bring out his best.

If you notice, the characters that he portrays are either ssagaji, rebellious, gangster looking, mischievious or funny/clown characters.

Had he been given a more serious role than, he could have made it big, but than again it's a blessing in disquise.

We saw his playful/ssagaji side and now with "Thank You", we saw his seriousness which I personally think he charmed everyone with such characters.

(just like Lee Bom Soo in Surgeon Bong Dal Hee).

His 2 yrs stint in the army is definitely good. It made him more matured, have better physique and a better man perhaps. It helps.

Way to go Jang Hyuk! May your next drama or movie be as successful as this one, "Thank You". Bring out the passion in you, and you can call yourself an all rounder!

Looking forward to your next! :wub:

Guest jinnn

Yeah, I saw that!! But I had my eyes closed at that time coz I was wayyy too young hhhAHhAHhAHHAAa....Hmmm, now that you've mentioned it, I should go back and watch that!!! *angel kooshie tiptoes off* :sweatingbullets:

Oh yah..SURE I believed that you had your eyes closed just as sure I was that I washed my eyes many times after seeing his "firm" butt :D :D

Ehhhh and isn't so ironic that it was YOU the angel who remembered the butt scene first!! *ROFL*

OOps... :unsure: :blush: Actually, I'm a fallen angel waiting for angel # 1 to pick me up (better still if he resuscitates me.. I'm still waiting) :P

OMG, you guys are pervilicious :lol:. I was like 'which picture are they talking about?' and then I saw it. Now I cannot get the image out of my mind. Imagine what's underneath his hand, huh? Hopefully I'll carry the image in my dreams tonight :lol:

Muahahahaa...

So, did your pervilicious dream come true?

Shirley, you seem to have most of the movies/dramas covered :)

p.s. Gals, I've got some pics of JH in "School". Will post once I can figure out how to do it (photobucket thingy)

Guest kooshie

Okies, my turn...

Dramas :

Model - too old a show to bother watching.

Daemang - just like Shirley, I didn't get a good copy of this. The one I got was so bad that I couldn't even tell who was who.

Successful Story of a Bright Girl - loved this drama (next to Thank You, of course). Got into JH oppa after watching it. He has the same ssagaji-with-a-warm heart kinda role there.

Into the Sunshine - an okay drama but kinda draggy coz it was from the previous generation where dramas are customarily draggy. Wouldn't recommend it unless you've run out of JH stuff to watch and still need to feed your addiction... :P

Movies :

Volcano High - I actually liked this movie (and not just coz of JH). It had a lot of other ppl I like in it (KSW, SMA, GHJ) and it was purely a comic-style movie where you just enjoy the starstudded cast and the special effects without dwelling into the logic of the story. That would just ruin it. :P But talking about the logic, I watched the VCD and didn't understand much of it but after watching the DVD, I realised that the VCD was veryyyyy much edited. The DVD version explains a lot more.... AND you get to watch JH doing his own stunts and he gets hurt a lot doing it...they actually tie the actors up in special strings and turn them around and upside down so that when they let go, the actors are flung around to look like they can do somersaults and special flying kicks and and....super flips!! They really pay with blood.....okay, not that extreme but you get what I mean...

Windstruck - made me cry HEAPS!! You know, after reading all your reviews on this movie, we'd flood the town if we were all watching it together!! One big sob fest :lol: . My friend whom we thought didn't have tear glands -_- actually cried watching it.

Please Teach Me English - hmmm, this movie was only average for me even though I was anxiously waiting for it to be released. Enjoyed the trailer more than the movie....

Jungle Juice & Public Toilet - not one of his brighter moments.... :sweatingbullets:

Knocking on heaven door [ by youme ] - i rem how everyone was going crazy over this song and MV

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/theater/trailers/T0001511.asf

Eh?? :blink: I haven't heard of this! Thanks a lot for the link!!

Does anyone know what is his next project after the drama " thank you"? :tears: When can we see him on tv again? Knowing that this week will be the last week for " thank you" :tears::tears::tears:

I would like to know the same thing. Has anybody heard anything about his schedule??

I wanna say something about JH.

Looking back and re-watch some of his works that I have, I think his image packaging as a rebellious punk didn't bring out his best.

If you notice, the characters that he portrays are either ssagaji, rebellious, gangster looking, mischievious or funny/clown characters.

Had he been given a more serious role than, he could have made it big, but than again it's a blessing in disquise.

We saw his playful/ssagaji side and now with "Thank You", we saw his seriousness which I personally think he charmed everyone with such characters.

(just like Lee Bom Soo in Surgeon Bong Dal Hee).

His 2 yrs stint in the army is definitely good. It made him more matured, have better physique and a better man perhaps. It helps.

Way to go Jang Hyuk! May your next drama or movie be as successful as this one, "Thank You". Bring out the passion in you, and you can call yourself an all rounder!

Looking forward to your next! :wub:

Yeah, I agree. I think he'd be able to carry other types of roles if given the chance. And after his success in Thank You, we'll be seeing more of him for sure. But but....JH oppa, pls dont take on too many sad dramas...it's taxing on the fans... :tears: breaks our hearts..

Oh yah..SURE I believed that you had your eyes closed just as sure I was that I washed my eyes many times after seeing his "firm" butt :D :D

*koosh hides in shame*...........*koosh replays butt naked scene* :phew: :phew: :phew:

Guest jinnn

Caps from his drama "School".

He looked so "fresh" (as in young) but the trademark cool-ness is very evident.

school03_m-1.jpg

His eyebags are still there..hehe

school03_m.jpg

His trademark "Don't mess around with me" look

Thanks, Suz for the tips on screen capture and photo bucket :)

:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: took me about 6 tries to get this right

Guest jinnn

^ Is School good?? Anyone know where I could download that??

I'm BIASED... anything with JH in it is good :blush:

Not sure about the download link though :unsure:

Phwah !!

I just realized that Kooshie has successfully contacted cutegurl to update the cover-page

Cutegurl :wub:

Kooshie :wub:

let me sneak this in too ===> Jang Hyuk :wub:

Guest jinnn

is he the lead in "School"?

"School" or "Hakkyo" is a typical drama of school students and their relationships with their fellow students and their teachers.

Jang Hyuk is one of the many leads.

He played an introverted kid (or rather one who keeps to himself) ; often mistaken as a "rebel" but he's actually a good kid. Here again, he stands up for the underdogs. :wub:

Thank You's grandpa Shin Goo and Ji Min (Choi Kang Hee) were also in this drama.

Personally for me, I think JH looks best in Thank You and 2nd best in Hakkyo or School. :wub: :wub:

I also think that he looks cute in Whasango ..... (of course even cuter with that butt scene :D :D )

ps. do you think that the butt cap would be banned here?

:sweatingbullets: Nah.. just kidding

Guest kooshie

^PuhAHhAhhAaha....that pic would be a good addition to the few pics we have here but yes, I think it would be banned, Jinnn.

Ahhhh School sounds like a show worth watching for JH oppa. Too bad it's way too old so we probably can't find it any of the clubboxes anymore....

Guest Wynter

Ahhh, it's been SUCH a long time since I've visited Soompi and LOOK at how many pages his thread has grown to? (I think I posted back on page 3/4, I can't remember.)

Anyway, jinnn, do you have a good version of Hakgyo?? I own it on VCD but the video quality sucks and it's in mandarin dub. I'd love to watch it in Korean!

As for Daemang, I have a DVD version of it so the video quality's not too bad, but the subtitles are in Chinese. Does anyone want me to rip it?

I was SO HAPPY to hear that he's in Thank You. I agree that he's matured and become HOT HOT HOT! I'm only up to ep 4 now, but the moment I get off from work I'm going to marathon as many episodes as I can. ^^;

Guest jinnn

Anyway, jinnn, do you have a good version of Hakgyo?? I own it on VCD but the video quality sucks and it's in mandarin dub. I'd love to watch it in Korean!

The version is raw, low quality.

Another cap of JH and CKH (Ji Min in Thank You) from "School".

Notice the way he dons his school uniform? So cool :wub:

school16_m.jpg

Guest Wynter

The version is raw, low quality.
Aww. Nevermind then!

Jang Hyuk looks so cool in his school uniform... gosh, he was only 23 then! Aaahhh... xD

Guest sarahpotz

does anybody know where i can download "Dae-Mang a.k.a The Great Ambition" please let me know??? please?????

Guest Wynter

Hmm, just some screenshots of Jang Hyuk while watching Thank You and thought I'd share. ^^; There shouldn't be any major spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched the show, but if you haven't, GO WATCH IT NOW! :D Hope I don't kill low bandwidth users with this though. :P

TYep4-contemplative.jpgTYep4-jhsleep.jpgTYep4-leanagainst.jpgTYep4-look1.jpgTYep5-afterfight.jpgTYep5-sleeping.jpgTYep5-watch.jpgTYep6-afterbath.jpgTYep6-askqn.jpgTYep6-aviatorglasses.jpgTYep6-inthought.jpgTYep6-sad.jpgTYep6-scolding.jpgTYep6-shuai.jpgTYep6-smile2.jpgTYep6-smile.jpgTYep6-tsk.jpgTYep6-wtfisshewearing.jpgTYep7-anddog.jpgTYep7-huhuhumadeithome.jpgTYep7-ifubreakmyheartillkissu.jpgTYep7-listening.jpgTYep7-peek.jpgTYep7-rice.jpgTYep7-wanttofight.jpgTYep8-anguish.jpgTYep8-ikilledher.jpgTYep8-inthebath.jpgTYep8-jrcorp.jpgTYep8-office.jpgTYep8-ohnotheyreleaving.jpgTYep8-whosthere.jpg

Aaah!! I shall go back to watching him and taking more screencaps to ogle at. xD

Guest cheesecake

I just finished the TY drama today. I think the ending is not enough. The story line is really great and he really is indeed a great actor. After his military service you could tell how mature he looks now, not only by the way he looks but the way he acts and think. I totaly agree with you forevergirl that he's much more good looking now.