• Prettysup changed the title to Jang Hyuk 장혁 - upcoming movie 'Tomb of the River’
10 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I thought this show “Law of the Jungle” was going to be very extreme but so far it’s been like other varieties right? I feel that Real Man was tougher 

That's what it seems for now. All they did today was find food, but in the next episode they are going to contend with -20 degrees Celsius at night, so maybe that will present a challange... The episode was super cute, and JH was charming, funny and sweet, but yes- for now, Real men was harder. Maybe JH's friend was worried about him doing this show as in Real men everything was under the strict observation of the military personal, so it was relatively safe. Here, it's unpredictable, and so is JH :) 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I thought this show “Law of the Jungle” was going to be very extreme but so far it’s been like other varieties right? I feel that Real Man was tougher 

Well normal episodes are more extreme because they have very few tools and just them against nature.  Here they have a lot of things they can use since there are abandon homes.  When I read the synopsis, I didn't think it would be as tough.  On the bright side isn't that kind of good vs JH suffering....

• Like 4

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I never thought it was THAT extreme, but it was harder before the pandemic when they traveled to foreign locations. Now that they are forced to stay in Korea, the concept has changed a lot.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

LOTJ top of the most people got injured in the show. Some almost drown, fall of the horse etc. Fan criticized for the show to be cancelled. Mostly of the cast that injured was the idol cast. I think here follow the circumstance, the risk not in higher state. With our Hyukie, I'm just super glad that they're not filming this in some abandon island.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

This article refers to a specific moment in the show in which they were eating the sea cucumber, while JH was looking longingly at them- it was amazing to me that after he showed such a assertiveness and initiative when it came to finding food and taking care of others, when the moment came to ask to also eat, he couldn't say a word! He just stood there, gazing... Seems that he can't bring himself to take care of himself before others...

At any rate, JH said an interesting thing here- he said that he starved in the show with CTH. I remember some of you speculated that when the cameras were off, they did give him food, but from what he's saying here- they didn't!  And, still, he agreed to do another show with those producers! Anything for his friends... :huh:

Jang Hyuk “I first know the taste of dog fire after starving because of Cha Tae-hyun for 2 days and 1 night” (Jungle's Law)

Actor Jang-hyuk revealed a special story related to the dog-fire.

In the SBS entertainment show ``Pioneers of the Law of the Jungle'' (hereinafter ``Jungbeop'') broadcast on February 27, the members carrying food from the mountains, tidal flats, and sea were depicted.

On this day, the members introduced the things they caught, such as octopus, dogfish, and shellfish. Seeing the persimmons Jang Hyuk picked, Kim Byung-man admired, "It's really delicious because it's frosted." A plate of assorted grilled clams was prepared with the ingredients collected by hand. The first bird clam encountered in the jungle was a high-quality winter food ingredient that boasted a thick and chewy texture.

Then, Kim Byung-man, who was cleaning the dog on the spot, looked at Jang Hyeok piercing. In a later interview, Jang Hyeok said, "Because of Cha Tae-hyun, I really enjoyed eating dog fire. I couldn’t eat at all because of Cha Tae-hyun at the '1 night and 2 days' entertainment. I ate dog fire while I was very hungry, but it was so delicious. At that time, I first knew the taste of dogfire. But because it was in front of my eyes, my mouth was exploded,” he confessed.

Despite Jang Hyuk's desperate wishes, Shin Seung-hwan was the first protagonist in the tasting. Shin Seung-hwan made an ecstatic expression after tasting Gaebul and evaluated it as "It's very fragrant. It tastes different from Gaebul I've eaten so far.

202102271845375410_2_20210228055253833.jpg?type=w430

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000406724?lfrom=twitter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Since we won't be seeing him in a melodrama yet, how about this scene.. 

I swear, that bit almost broke my heart! The longing in his eyes... his inability to say what he wants... How can he one moment be so dependable and in charge, and in the next look like he is orphaned Oliver Twist?! :Please:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

22 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I swear, that bit almost broke my heart! The longing in his eyes... his inability to say what he wants... How can he one moment be so dependable and in charge, and in the next look like he is orphaned Oliver Twist?! :Please:

Yes! I was like, hey, don't you all see him there looking after the fire.. give him some food! But he just stood there, not saying a single word and even looking down after a while.  He's happy feeding others :cries:

• Sad 2
  • Love 2

49 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes! I was like, hey, don't you all see him there looking after the fire.. give him some food! But he just stood there, not saying a single word and even looking down after a while.  He's happy feeding others 

Yes... It was a somewhat funny moment, and the show played it up for laughs, but it was also painfully real. This guy, that is so hyper aware of others, that even though it didn't look like he was listening, was the first to act and to provide Daniel something to eat, and, then, again, without making a fuss, went and took those artichokes and put them on the fire for Daniel. But when he needed some one to pay attention to him, no one did. I wonder if this happens a lot in his life... But his expression in that part- so open and candid! So childlike! No pretense...

• Like 5

Here's hoping that JH actually does have an actual good acting project planned, and that he is just passing time until its production will start... Please... 

The other day, I was shopping, when I passed by the TV department, 1 of the TV broadcasted a k drama. IDK what's the name of the drama but it sure isn't watchable. I only stood there few mins. I now know what you mean by you're disappointed with k drama.

but the problem is that this show involves CTH, and he said that for his dragon club friends he will make a fool of himself if they ask him to.

Bromance aside, he's also the youngest (I think) in the Dragon Club. So here hierachy again.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1