37 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 Wow! He is so good at telling stories! I got goosebumps! 

He is soooo cuteee! I love it when he blinks fast like that :P

Now I want him to be in a ghost story. He said he is actually scared of ghosts so it would make it even more fun :D

Yes!! When he was about to start his story, he blinked fast and touched his hair..like getting all ready to scare people..Haha! So cute.

It will be interesting to see him in a supernatural drama.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well, it could be a combination, as long as we get a good grownup love story...

Haha but I don’t want melo and ghost story to go together. Not a fan of supernatural elements :grimace:

this already feels like a long break before we hear from JH of his next project! I just finished watching Lady in Dignity and I can’t help but hope he works with a powerhouse actress again like Kim Sun Ah or Kim Hee Sun. Lets keep our fingers crossed Hyukie’s next project will be a solid one... meanwhile hoping he enjoys his rest. Half the world is in lockdown now, giving mankind ample time to seriously slowdown and reflect, so regardless it’s good he has time to spend with his family after such a hectic schedule the past 2 years. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Looking at this scene without knowing the context...one might think it is a romantic scene.. 

:sweat_smile:

Don't forget the first part of that scene, when he was on top...:sweatingbullets:

I seriously would love to see him do such a passionate love scene, with a woman that is an equal. But such a scene requires increasing sexual tension, and I have to say, in the kdramas that I've seen, there is never that. Always one person in the couple will be very open about his feelings (almost like a puppy or child that wants candy) so there is never sexual tension. The other person usually just gives up, and falls in love too, and the the couple becomes boring...

I think Lee Mi Sook would be suitable for such a scene. I want her to play what I didn't get in Money Flower- a femme fatale! And I also think she wouldn't mind doing such a scene with JH :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Haha but I don’t want melo and ghost story to go together. Not a fan of supernatural elements :grimace:

I also am not a big fan of the supernatural genre, but I'm willing to compromise, as long as we get a good story :)

There is one supernatural story that I loved- it involves a woman that can hear other people thoughts. As a result of that she can't be in big crowds and also can't get married cause the men can't bear having no privacy. So she essentially has no hope for a family of her own or any future. And then she meets this man that she can't read his thoughts, so he is her only hope for a family. But there is one problem- everyone around him know him to be a bad man, and even think he killed his own father. Even his own mother is afraid of him...

It's a really cool passionate story with this big mystery surrounding this man. It involves magical creatures and supernatural elements, but the center of the story is the love story between these two very unique characters.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I also am not a big fan of the supernatural genre, but I'm willing to compromise, as long as we get a good story :)

There is one supernatural story that I loved- it involves a woman that can hear other people thoughts. As a result of that she can't be in big crowds and also can't get married cause the men can't bear having no privacy. So she essentially has no hope for a family of her own or any future. And then she meets this man that she can't read his thoughts, so he is her only hope for a family. But there is one problem- everyone around him know him to be a bad man, and even think he killed his own father. Even his own mother is afraid of him...

It's a really cool passionate story with this big mystery surrounding this man. It involves magical creatures and supernatural elements, but the center of the story is the love story between these two very unique characters.

U got me intrigued! What’s the title of the show? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

:) it's not a show, it's a book- "Uncertain Magic", by Laura Kinsale. I love her books! This specific story happens in Ireland and it involves pixies and such Irish legendary creatures, but I think it can be easily converted to a Korean historical setting...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Actually me also. But I've watched afew c drama which is love story between ghost & man. The ghost is the woman. :phew:

3 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Lets keep our fingers crossed Hyukie’s next project will be a solid one...

All his projects are solid. It all depends on the audience taste. :tounge_wink:

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Hahaha me too! I thought it would make a nice drama.

• Like 5

Interesting read of everyone's views on JH's projects (intimate vs non intimate scenes), his hair, his Westwood floral shorts, his sexiness, etc.

You may disagree with me, but I truly think he looks much better as he ages. In his younger days before he enlisted, he has baby face and not as masculine. His body was great after military but he gave me the vibes of 'naughty' and 'wild'. Maybe these were the common themes in his photoshoots. But as he ages such as now, he has a more stable charisma and matured sexiness.

I am not shocked if Pil Joo indeed have a more intimate relationship with Jang Mal Ran than what was shown. There were some suggestive scenes. Both JH and Lee Mi Sook ooze sexiness. Indeed he doesn't have to try to be seen as sexy. Is it his low almost inaudible voice? Or his eyes, nose, mouth? 

To be honest, knowing him as a married man, I dont think I will enjoy seeing him being intimate on screen. I may cringe. Perhaps when he was younger, it was still ok to watch him doing so. But as he ages and in his 40s, I am not sure if he should be doing anything more than just a kiss. Really would depend on the storyline and the female lead. What kind of storyline would make sense to feature a man in his 40s to do a romance drama? Perhaps a melodrama that has insertion of one or two kiss scenes? 

Some of you suggested that he seems shy to show his bare torso or maybe to do intimate scenes. How can someone with his body and looks and over spilling in sexiness actually be shy with these displays? Strange but I believe in this theory too. He really could be uncomfortable. He trains his body not to show off. He is born with good features, so he can't help it. Lucky man.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Translated this before. Reposting for those who have not seen it.

Thank you so much for reposting this clip. It's so sweet to see how even the thought that he might have insulted someone bothers him so much. We saw the same thing in the "happy together" interview with the cast of Gaekju when the actress that acted with him in his early years was insulted that he didn't need to psych himself out for a kiss anymore, as he did with her, or the Hwasin interview in which he pretended to get angry at one of the MCs, and then went to make sure he wasn't insulted during the break.

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Happier BTS of VH

As painful and insane as this shoot was, it really shows a lot of things about JH, even so early in his career. It's impressive to see how vocal he is on set, and also how pleasant. He's clearly in pain, but still makes sure to be polite and cheerful. It explains so much of what other actors say about him. It also explains why the jerk director had to tell him that sometimes  the director knows what he's doing. JH really should never work again with that criminal idiot!

Also- did you notice all the girls that were standing there watching him while he was doing the naked scene is the showers?! :) Also- did you notice how he was shaking? :(

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

You may disagree with me, but I truly think he looks much better as he ages. In his younger days before he enlisted, he has baby face and not as masculine. His body was great after military but he gave me the vibes of 'naughty' and 'wild'. Maybe these were the common themes in his photoshoots. But as he ages such as now, he has a more stable charisma and matured sexiness.

Definitely agree! But generally, this applies to (most) men who's 40 and above. They don't need to be handsome but somehow they have the charisma of a mature man. That's why me can't watch drama with young actors anymore. No kick! Even their romance scene doesn't make me interested. 1 of my fav C actor is 49. I thought he looked much better than when he was in his 30s.

I am not shocked if Pil Joo indeed have a more intimate relationship with Jang Mal Ran than what was shown. There were some suggestive scenes. Both JH and Lee Mi Sook ooze sexiness. Indeed he doesn't have to try to be seen as sexy. Is it his low almost inaudible voice? Or his eyes, nose, mouth? 

JMR acted very well in MF. I don't watch her other drama so I can't comment but definitely I didn't think she performed that good in WOL if I compare the two drama. However, sometimes how the other party perform, also depends on her partner. For instance, JH acting is able to bring out LMS emotions. I mean Pil Joo & Mal Ran.

To be honest, knowing him as a married man, I dont think I will enjoy seeing him being intimate on screen. I may cringe. Perhaps when he was younger, it was still ok to watch him doing so. But as he ages and in his 40s, I am not sure if he should be doing anything more than just a kiss. Really would depend on the storyline and the female lead. What kind of storyline would make sense to feature a man in his 40s to do a romance drama? Perhaps a melodrama that has insertion of one or two kiss scenes? 

I'm fine with kissing but the story has to come first. Don't kiss for the sake of kissing. I hate those drama where in order to stop the woman from talking, the man pulls her forward for a kiss. Thai drama has a lot of these. Forced kiss.

He really could be uncomfortable.

Being an actor or actress takes lots of guts. Stripping & being nude infront of the camera with many people surrounding them & still act like as though they're enjoying the lovemaking is truly not easy. :phew:Esp if he is a married man with kids makes it more difficult.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

JMR acted very well in MF. I don't watch her other drama so I can't comment but definitely I didn't think she performed that good in WOL if I compare the two drama. However, sometimes how the other party perform, also depends on her partner. For instance, JH acting is able to bring out LMS emotions. I mean Pil Joo & Mal Ran.

I only saw LMS in another show, Jealousy Incarnate, and she wasn't very good there, either. In WOL I also agree, she wasn't very good. Her playing the older lady really ruined any possibility of me connecting to the whole story plot of the long lost mother. Her fake crying was awful. So this is an actress that needs a good director, and, maybe, inspiration? :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

Haha..oppa just imagine his FLs are his IRL wife. (I would think maybe he really imagine them looking as though it’s his wife)

“Imma kiss my wife!”:lol:

Actually am curious to know ya...when he needs to be intimate....does he "imagine" it's his wife. Hahaha!

I know some C actors/actress when they have to act crying scene, they think of something real sad that happened in their personal life.

I think crying scene is really difficult. 1 actress said when one time she did a crying scene, she thought she did really well. But her partner (ML) wasn't up to it so Director wanted them to redo redo. But by that time, she can't cry already. I'm curious what does JH think about when he needs to cry.

28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So this is an actress that needs a good director, and, maybe, inspiration? :)

A good partner too. In MF, JH (PJ) was able to bring out the all sorts of emotion out of LMS (MR). She could be jealous, she could be sensual, she could be evil, she could be like a woman (infront of PJ). Sometimes they get their inspiration from their partner. Likewise I believe JH got his inspiration from LMS too.

Same for JH. If you look at all the FL he had, some of the FL could bring out the "emotion" out of him, some couldn't. I got kind of fed up in Midas. I like the actress, she looked compatible with JH on the outside but she couldn't blend with him. No chemistry. I hope his next proj has a good FL & a good story. Sometimes it's frustrating when the cast is good, the director is good, the script is bad.

• Like 3