49 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

New westwood pics

Oh, now these pants are much better looking! I think what made the previous one look so off to me was the red parts of the pants... solid color is much better... I'm not even gonna talk about how good his hair looks in these pictures :) it gets repetitive... 

• Like 2

Anyone know where to see this whole thing in eng sub somewhere?  Can't believe I saw it raw, but at least this part is sub.  Really like how JH was very thoughtful to prepare tea.  Some thought girl was annoying, but acrophobia is hard and I'm sure scarier in real life.

Ahh thanks, first time I am watching this. Actually I kind of find the girl annoying too, but I can just fast forward haha. And I kind of pity those teachers having to wait for them in the cold mountainous area.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

29 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Ahh thanks, first time I am watching this. Actually I kind of find the girl annoying too, but I can just fast forward haha. And I kind of pity those teachers having to wait for them in the cold mountainous area.

I love him in this show! I can't remember how many times I rewatched his scenes. He is so earnest in learning , so humble , so cute , so handsome, so funny ..so so many others..haha

• Like 2
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Anyone know where to see this whole thing in eng sub somewhere?  Can't believe I saw it raw, but at least this part is sub.  Really like how JH was very thoughtful to prepare tea.  Some thought girl was annoying, but acrophobia is hard and I'm sure scarier in real life.

I don't think this show is fully subtitled. Only parts that were done by fans.

This is the same show JH apologized for turning it into a documentary, right? :) You can clearly see the difference between JH's group, that took the show really seriously, compared to the other group, that was mostly goofing off...

I really can't blame the girl for freaking out- where they were climbing was wet and slippery and the drop unpleasant. The choice to climb was a bad one by the guys. But it was interesting to see JH speak English when he is not self aware. I think this is why his English suddenly got better. I noticed this about many other Koreans in Variety shows- the pressure of needing to speak English well really stresses them out. I don't know why- maybe it's the way Koreans are taught English? I once saw a video about the final English test for Korean highschoolers, and it was really difficult, even for native English speakers, so maybe they are traumatized by English :) 

I also noticed in Real men that JH's English vocabulary is actually good, maybe from watching so many movies, but he is extremely reluctant to speak. It's possible that it's also because he is such a perfectionist. He perfects his martial arts, he perfects his horse riding, he learned to play the piano, he can play the guitar and I'm sure he learns more skills, all in order to be able to do those things on screen without needing to fake them too much. So maybe he feels his English is not good enough as wish it would be?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I don't think this show is fully subtitled. Only parts that were done by fans.

This is the same show JH apologized for turning it into a documentary, right? :) You can clearly see the difference between JH's group, that took the show really seriously, compared to the other group, that was mostly goofing off...

I really can't blame the girl for freaking out- where they were climbing was wet and slippery and the drop unpleasant. The choice to climb was a bad one by the guys. But it was interesting to see JH speak English when he is not self aware. I think this is why his English suddenly got better. I noticed this about many other Koreans in Variety shows- the pressure of needing to speak English well really stresses them out. I don't know why- maybe it's the way Koreans are taught English? I once saw a video about the final English test for Korean highschoolers, and it was really difficult, even for native English speakers, so maybe they are traumatized by English :) 

I also noticed in Real men that JH's English vocabulary is actually good, maybe from watching so many movies, but he is extremely reluctant to speak. It's possible that it's also because he is such a perfectionist. He perfects his martial arts, he perfects his horse riding, he learned to play the piano, he can play the guitar and I'm sure he learns more skills, all in order to be able to do those things on screen without needing to fake them too much. So maybe he feels his English is not good enough as wish it would be?

Haha yes it is the same show he apologized for.  Yea only part I found that was sub is part of show, but it's good because he was on same team done by fans.  Yea, I find the English test harder than native speakers test.  Although, he said it was like documentary I find it more natural then in family outing, but maybe because he's still new to variety.  In first ep, he also did that prank so I thought it was good balance between having fun and being serious throughout the show.

• Like 2

@Biology Lesson My korean friend told me that he once had a conversation in english with a chinese fan and they managed to understand each other. It was likely just small talk, not Jang Hyuk’s classic long speeches but the fans were surprised. I remember when I first started “using” my english when I moved to the US, at first, I felt more comfortable talking with non native english speakers because they can speak slower and yeah I think I also felt less “embarrassed” 

Also, during the fan meeting I attended, the lady who sat next to me told me she was his english teacher. She spoke really well and kindly translated what was going on for me :) 

• Like 4

On 2/11/2020 at 11:03 PM, Prettysup said:

I think I’m the only one who doesn’t rant about the plot. I am not a good drama watcher, normally I watch my shows on the pc with the half the screen playing candy crush haha.. To me it’s just a drama, don’t be too serious lol. 

And i don’t like to speculate either coz I like to be surprised 

Guess we need people to rant and speculate to keep the thread going and interesting, so got to be serious :lol:

• Like 2

@phoenix24 Jay Park is a known “fanboy” of Jang Hyuk :P they are kinda friends or they at least used to have this rapport already, but they only met the girl for the show and I really liked their chemistry. JH kept teasing that girl like an older brother and it revealed a cute childish naughty side of his, and also looked like he was pretty comfortable with her. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@phoenix24 Jay Park is a known “fanboy” of Jang Hyuk :P they are kinda friends or they at least used to have this rapport already, but they only met the girl for the show and I really liked their chemistry. He kept teasing that girl like an older brother and it revealed a cute naughty side of his, and also looked like he was pretty comfortable with her. 

Yes, I seen Jay Park on other shows with JH like immortal song and SNL.  I was surprise how well JP did with martial arts.  It was pretty impressive too.  I feel like I see a new side of JH each time I watch a variety show and it's cute to see naughty side too :D.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Haha yes it is the same show he apologized for.  Yea only part I found that was sub is part of show, but it's good because he was on same team done by fans.  Yea, I find the English test harder than native speakers test.  Although, he said it was like documentary I find it more natural then in family outing, but maybe because he's still new to variety.  In first ep, he also did that prank so I thought it was good balance between having fun and being serious throughout the show.

JH has said that he feels uncomfortable in the more "wacky" variety shows like Running men and Family outing, because he is more reserved. We've seen that he only does them with his friends. I find JH to be extremely funny, but his type of humor is slower and he does have a very serious streak to him, so he's usually very awkward in those shows. In the Happy together his did in 2015 you could see that he actually prepared funny bits, and he pulled them out in succession until he actually said "I'm finished with my part now. This is exhausting!" :lol: you can actually see his serious side coming out when he apologized to the comedian that did the Chinese show with him. His seriousness and earnestness makes him so endearing!

I just saw someone posted these clips- So awkward, serious and funny :)  and again we see how he makes people want to touch him... so cute!

I think he found his type of variety shows in Real men and Urban cops. More professional and he can achieve something in them. I hope he will soon do another show like that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@phoenix24 Jay Park is a known “fanboy” of Jang Hyuk :P they are kinda friends or they at least used to have this rapport already, but they only met the girl for the show and I really liked their chemistry. JH kept teasing that girl like an older brother and it revealed a cute childish naughty side of his, and also looked like he was pretty comfortable with her. 

I think JH takes care of the younger guys of Sidus, so he will support Jay Park whenever he can. Wasn't Jay Park the guy over which JH lost the Secret Garden role?

But who can forget this photoshoot they did together?!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH has said that he feels uncomfortable in the more "wacky" variety shows like Running men and Family outing, because he is more reserved. We've seen that he only does them with his friends. I find JH to be extremely funny, but his type of humor is slower and he does have a very serious streak to him, so he's usually very awkward in those shows. In the Happy together his did in 2015 you could see that he actually prepared funny bits, and he pulled them out in succession until he actually said "I'm finished with my part now. This is exhausting!" :lol: you can actually see his serious side coming out when he apologized to the comedian that did the Chinese show with him. His seriousness and earnestness makes him so endearing!

I just saw someone posted these clips- So awkward, serious and funny :)  and again we see how he makes people want to touch him... so cute!

I think he found his type of variety shows in Real men and Urban cops. More professional and he can achieve something in them. I hope he will soon do another show like that.

Actually, since he loves teaching I also wonder how he'll do in something like master in the house.  I enjoy him on running man actually for ep45 with the CF and modeling.  Too bad he was sick around that time or definitely for ep 44.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson My korean friend told me that he once had a conversation in english with a chinese fan and they managed to understand each other. It was likely just small talk, not Jang Hyuk’s classic long speeches but the fans were surprised. I remember when I first started “using” my english when I moved to the US, at first, I felt more comfortable talking with non native english speakers because they can speak slower and yeah I think I also felt less “embarrassed” 

Also, during the fan meeting I attended, the lady who sat next to me told me she was his english teacher. She spoke really well and kindly translated what was going on for me :) 

What! You spoke to Hyuk’s english teacher! Wow haha. I really want to hear him speak. He watches so many classic english movies, I’m sure his english is not that bad. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think JH takes care of the younger guys of Sidus, so he will support Jay Park whenever he can. Wasn't Jay Park the guy over which JH lost the Secret Garden role?

But who can forget this photoshoot they did together?!

Oh thanks, funny I was just watching this, but without sub.  This is perfect because I understand Vietnamese.

• Like 2

Btw with regards to the TMWYS, I’m now feeling kinda drained from reading the show’s Soompi forum thread, cos there are quite a number if people criticizing the show and the characters and most things around it that it is quite sad to read! Not sure if you guys feel the same way? Sometimes I really wished there were also a little bit more appreciation for the show and what the casts are doing with their acting and not just the negatives. I guess it’s inevitable because people don’t necessarily view it from a JH lense and I know I’m biased in wanting to see the show at least have some form of success or JH being appreciated for his acting. :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Btw with regards to the TMWYS, I’m now feeling kinda drained from reading the show’s Soompi forum thread, cos there are quite a number if people criticizing the show and the characters and most things around it that it is quite sad to read! Not sure if you guys feel the same way? Sometimes I really wished there were also a little bit more appreciation for the show and what the casts are doing with their acting and not just the negatives. I guess it’s inevitable because people don’t necessarily view it from a JH lense and I know I’m biased in wanting to see the show at least have some form of success or JH being appreciated for his acting. :(

Yea, it is a bit sad when I know people who aren't necessarily JH fans or bias, but still appreciate and like him, but not liking the show.  However, not all the reviews were bad even for ep 3-4.  I guess that's why we're taking a break on this side with some other JH stuff for now to recharge.  Lets just cross fingers and hope for the best.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Oh thanks, funny I was just watching this, but without sub.  This is perfect because I understand Vietnamese.

You can?! Oh, are they saying something interesting?

36 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I feel the same as you- people are writing like they've never seen police shows before OR Kdramas. We've only seen 4 episodes of this show, and experience has shown us that usually the first episodes are just the setup- however, many of the commenters talk like this is all we're gonna get, which is why they decide the show is bad. I don't get this attitude... Also,  there is this strange expectation of realism that I don't know where it comes from- most police shows and movies, including OCN shows, have parts in them that are inaccurate or unrealistic, even the best shows, so why is this show expected to be so realistic? I already seen comments saying "if this will happen , I will stop watching!"... Whatever. People will think what they like, and it seems like there a surge of negativity on the Soompi thread, while on twitter it's mostly positive... Don't know why that is... Do you see the point in arguing with them?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

You can?! Oh, are they saying something interesting?

I feel the same as you- people are writing like they've never seen police shows before OR Kdramas. We've only seen 4 episodes of this show, and experience has shown us that usually the first episodes are just the setup- however, many of the commenters talk like this is all we're gonna get, which is why they decide the show is bad. I don't get this attitude... Also,  there is this strange expectation of realism that I don't know where is comes from- most police shows and movies, including OCN shows, have parts in them that are inaccurate or unrealistic, even the best shows, so why is this show expected to be so realistic? I already seen comments saying "if this will happen , I will stop watching!"... Whatever. People will think what they like, and it seems like there a surge of negativity on the Soompi thread, while on twitter it's mostly positive... Don't know why that is... Do you see the point in arguing with them?

Hm..not sure if there's anything you don't know already.  They both gave compliments that other one was cool.  Jay Park said he worked out to look like JH.  When asked what JH thought was the characteristic of an ideal/real man.  He said, someone who knows how to treat everyone well and to be able to understand others.  Hihi he did say in reality they are very naughty.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@The Reel Life I get what you mean. I ranted a lot and now Im drained myself. Im going to keep quiet until the next episode. We need to vent but if a person reaches a point where everything about the show is negative then, well, best thing is to drop it. Its easy to get on “negative” mode, its kinda contagious and truth is there are some things about the drama that I LIKED, I just want more of it (that whole, I felt sorry for you and myself moment, Its so tiny yet, makes the drama for me). Also really really love what JH is doing with his voice and yes his character seems like a “comic” character starting from the aesthetics, I think that is the concept, just like Hwang looks like she comes from The Matrix, but so what? The killer is also OTT, to me it feels intentional and we could tell from

the posters so I don’t mind. But anyway as a JH fan Ive always felt that Im in this dilemma where I want to speak my mind (and I do) but then regret it somewhat because (especially on twitter) people get influenced by others comments and I figure they’ll think “Wow, if even a JH fan is trashing this then it must really suck!” and I kind of don’t want to contribute to the negativity, especially on an ongoing project of his. 

• Like 3