I only cannot stand his hairstyle. :confounded: But I like it when he rolled up his sleeve. In MF, there was a scene when he was working behind his desk with his sleeve rolled up, oh! I thought he looked so sexy (hahaha)!

He seems to be drinking lots of coffee, like a foam cup always in his hands, thought I remembered him saying he gave up coffee and smoking for his daughter....correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe that's not coffee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

I only cannot stand his hairstyle. :confounded: But I like it when he rolled up his sleeve. In MF, there was a scene when he was working behind his desk with his sleeve rolled up, oh! I thought he looked so sexy (hahaha)!

He seems to be drinking lots of coffee, like a foam cup always in his hands, thought I remembered him saying he gave up coffee and smoking for his daughter....correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe that's not coffee.

He didn't give up coffee. He still loves his latte. :)He said he stopped drinking instant coffee as it is unhealthy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

So, I've been watching some of "Real man" episodes, while we're waiting for something new from JH, and I have a question about the relationship between JH and Ryu Soo-young. Both JH and Ryu Soo-young seemed to have a good relationship with everyone, except for with each other. They didn't have a bad relationship, just not as friendly as with the others, so I wondered about it.

I know that they worked together on "Successful Story of a Bright Girl", and Ryu Soo-young seems like a really nice and helpful guy on the show, but I noticed that he seemed standoffish with JH. Now, I have no translation, so I may be way off here, but just watching their interactions, I noticed that they very rarely spoke to each other, and if they did it was always in a big group. But if they were in a smaller group, like just the two of them and another guy, Ryu Soo-young would usually be speaking with the other guy and not JH. Also, in a few bits that were translated by some of you, I noticed that Ryu Soo-young would sometimes slightly mock JH, like when he said that JH did more push up (182) than he is tall, or make fun of JH while he was working out (making wooshing sounds while JH was shadowboxing). Again, Ryu Soo-young looks like a really nice guy, so that made me wonder about what I saw between him and JH- did I miss something that was maybe said in Korean that clarifies this?

9 hours ago, budgerie said:

This one?

27332727_979515125557483_858834578423529

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@PrettysupYes yes yes! Sleeve rolled up + without coat! So super good looking and to me, sexy too! :blush:Poor Pil Joo has got tonnes of work to do, I don't mind being his Secretary....(fetch him his latte - oh, btw, what does Pil Joo drink)? I can massage Pil Joo aching shoulder too! :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

So, I've been watching some of "Real man" episodes, while we're waiting for something new from JH, and I have a question about the relationship between JH and Ryu Soo-young. Both JH and Ryu Soo-young seemed to have a good relationship with everyone, except for with each other. They didn't have a bad relationship, just not as friendly as with the others, so I wondered about it.

I know that they worked together on "Successful Story of a Bright Girl", and Ryu Soo-young seems like a really nice and helpful guy on the show, but I noticed that he seemed standoffish with JH. Now, I have no translation, so I may be way off here, but just watching their interactions, I noticed that they very rarely spoke to each other, and if they did it was always in a big group. But if they were in a smaller group, like just the two of them and another guy, Ryu Soo-young would usually be speaking with the other guy and not JH. Also, in a few bits that were translated by some of you, I noticed that Ryu Soo-young would sometimes slightly mock JH, like when he said that JH did more push up (182) than he is tall, or make fun of JH while he was working out (making wooshing sounds while JH was shadowboxing). Again, Ryu Soo-young looks like a really nice guy, so that made me wonder about what I saw between him and JH- did I miss something that was maybe said in Korean that clarifies this?

Mmm.. actually I find that JH always seemed rather quiet around them not just Soo Young (unless he talks about topics that he loves). He is more chatty with people he is closer to like Kim Sooro . I think it is just his personality.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, budgerie said:

@PrettysupYes yes yes! Sleeve rolled up + without coat! So super good looking and to me, sexy too! :blush:Poor Pil Joo has got tonnes of work to do, I don't mind being his Secretary....(fetch him his latte - oh, btw, what does Pil Joo drink)? I can massage Pil Joo aching shoulder too! :lol:

Or rolling up his sleeves to do a blood test...:wub:

download.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Mmm.. actually I find that JH always seemed rather quiet around them not just Soo Young (unless he talks about topics that he loves). He is more chatty with people he is closer to like Kim Sooro . I think it is just his personality.  

JH was indeed relatively quiet, and he treated everyone the same,including Ryu Soo-young (though there were some he was more protective of :) ). I was actually asking about Ryu Soo-young's side. From what I saw he was very friendly towards everyone, except for JH. He wasn't hostile or anything, but he seemed more standoffish with him, and I wondered about that, cause he was one the guys that actually worked with JH, so I expected them to be friendlier. As I understood almost nothing of what was being said, I wondered if I was missing something...

12 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He is more chatty with people he is closer to like Kim Sooro . 

I think Kim Su Ro and JH are really close/good friends.

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

cause he was one the guys that actually worked with JH, so I expected them to be friendlier. As I understood almost nothing of what was being said, I wondered if I was missing something...

For non celebrities like us, we already might find it difficult to find trustworthy good friends. What more for a celebrity. It's even harder for them. So I think JH is very careful with people. He may have many friends but those that he can bare his soul to, I guess only a handful (maybe). You just don't know who will betray him or tell his stories to the reporters. 

@azureblue7rolling up sleeve + without coat is good for me. But blood test :tears:...poor Pil Joo did one too many blood test already. Twice? Thrice? :D

@PrettysupI really can stare at that pic until my eyes are seeing twinkle twinkle little stars already. How can anyone be so handsome even when working! Lol...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

cause he was one the guys that actually worked with JH, so I expected them to be friendlier

Actually even if they have worked before, I think they might not be that close. I remembered during an interview with JH and JNR, they mentioned they were really super shy during those days. So I am guessing JH may not have talked much to RSY off screen then.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Actually even if they have worked before, I think they might not be that close. I remembered during an interview with JH and JNR, they mentioned they were really super shy during those days. So I am guessing JH may not have talked much to RSY off screen then.  

I think you might be right. Maybe it was because of that experience that RSY was a little more reserved with JH... It's interesting because both of them are such nice guys, but also very competitive and high achievers

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think you might be right. Maybe it was because of that experience that JNR was a little more reserved with JH... It's interesting because both of them are such nice guys, but also very competitive and high achievers

And before JH joined Real Men, RSY was the ace soldier and the one who should be getting the red cap. But after JH joined, he sort of over shadowed RSY.. so not sure how RSY would have felt then.. anyway just wild guessing here. Both of them are wonderfully nice and caring friends to their peers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

And before JH joined Real Men, RSY was the ace soldier and the one who should be getting the red cap. But after JH joined, he sort of over shadowed RSY.. so not sure how RSY would have felt then.. anyway just wild guessing here. Both of them are wonderfully nice and caring friends to their peers.

I also thought about that. I didn't watch the first episodes, only the ones with JH, but in the only episodes with translation that I saw they did make jokes about there being a new Ace in the group, after he did the rope over the water thing :) I so wish there were more episodes translated... it's clear that we are missing so much of JH personality. Even without the translation it's very interesting to see that even though JH is so quiet, when he decides to talk, almost always he causes them to burst out laughing or to react with awe, I guess by saying something inspiring. Such an interesting guy... I understood that in the army he functioned as a counselor?! 

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

very interesting to see that even though JH is so quiet, when he decides to talk, almost always he causes them to burst out laughing or to react with awe, I guess by saying something inspiring. Such an interesting guy... I understood that in the army he functioned as a counselor?! 

Well, he was like a mentor to the juniors , giving them advice and all. And of course as a counselor too. Not forgetting the incident below that made him blush so much..hahaha

Cr. owner

• LOL 3

On 8/19/2019 at 2:23 PM, Biology Lesson said:

I think pretty much everyone who meets him is 'mean' to him. Lols

They can't resist the temptation of 'bullying' him.:w00t:

RSY didn't make difference. I also like RSY.

But there were rumors of some BTS drama during earliest episodes of Real Men(when JH was not even casted). Seems like RSY and PD of the show did not get along very well due to unknown reason. 

RSY was the most famous guy on RM so PD might have thought of replacing him with someone else or atleast of shadowing him.  

KSR and PD were close just like KSR and JH. So it seems like PD asked KSR to convince JH for joining the show. We know JH did the show on insistence of KSR. Although in the end RSY stayed in RM as long as JH. 

Maybe this is the reason why RSY felt some 'insecurity'. It was not only JH but Park Hyun Sik also surpassed popularity of everyone in the show. 

But I don't give much thought to this. It's normal to experience all of this in the professional world. Atleast we know that entertainment world is not a best place for building genuine friendships.

• Insightful 3

19 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Actually I always thought that the storyline for Bad Papa will be more received in Japan than Korea. -_-

Actually I like the story of Bad Papa. It is a very realistic story that happens in real life too. Estranged husband/wife relationship, struggling with teenage children. Bread and butter issues. Mid life crisis/job insecurities. Only I hate the ending and i cried so much! :bawling: 

5 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

At least we know that entertainment world is not a best place for building genuine friendships.

Agree with you. Maybe that's why whenever he is being interviewed, he takes his time to think/answer. He is careful with his words. 

• Like 1