4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think  you are right now, but I do think it affected where JH's career went, considering how popular most of the actors that started out around the same time he did are. For sure it derailed his career for a while...

My opinion is that, it did derail his career but (maybe) only at the starting point when the scandal was still fresh in people memory. But over the years, I should say, his choices of drama were not "attractive" . How do I explain this? He wants to have a breakthrough in his projects, he wants to show different style of acting, etc, hence his drama aren't the typical drama that k fangirl likes to watch. You think possible?

Exactly :) He also said that the princess was a surprise, right? That they weren't planning on having another kid after the boys, but then she came- his princess... :please:

Hahaha....I'm just thinking this is just entertainment words. What he said onscreen may just be entertainment words only. His real thought, no one knows. Perhaps they did want to try for a girl - who knows??

I think the reason his parents and agency objected to him getting married was exactly this, they knew how the Korean fangirls like to ship and fantasize. I love it that JH didn't listen and just went for it! Shows he has his priorities straight!

I think his Agency objected to his marriage was because of it'll affect his career esp in the area of shipping & fangirling. As for his parents objecting to the marriage, could be because she's older. Asian culture to a certain extent is still pretty 'old school' as in the men must be older instead of the other way round. Than it becomes "big sister younger bro" marriage. Some older folks aren't able to accept this.

I remember someone shared that here- that JH took that job to prove that he can work with this director, after he already had a tense relationship with him during the filming of Volcano high-

They said that JH disagreed so much with the director on Innocent thing that they sometimes two versions to a scene- the director's version and JH's version, but at the end none of JH's suggestions were used.

I think IMO that movie wasn't bad but it was badly directed? The girl for sure could act her role. Makes me think of "The hand that rocks the cradle" the crazy woman.

I'm sure many directors are like that, and at times they might be justified, but that's just not the way JH works...

This might be his minus point. "Big" directors out there who wants to have the final say probably will not have JH as the top choice because knowing the way JH works. It's good for us audience that he pays attention to the smallest of details but from the director POV, he may not fit their bill.

I hope he'll work with the director for MF again. Their partnership was good & the director knew how to bring out JH goodness. She could "handle" him although giving him full support as to how he wants to portray PJ & PJ turned out to be 1 of the finest character ever (for me).

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Ohhh she looks so fun! I hope she makes our Hyuk blush a lot! :loolz:

It's kinda fun watching him when someone is touchy feely with him. He'll walk away?? Lol...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

The outfit he wore in the selfie with Choi ki sub, looked the same as the one in the Sumi show ?

This is might explain why in this article it is said that "To be accompanied by a special partner"... It's possible that JH brought Choi Kisup with him... It's amazing to me how he works diligently to promote his friends. But it's also possible that he knew that Sumi is a bit saucy, so maybe he brought him as "protection"... :D

the translation of the headline of the article "Jang Hyuk, appearing as the 2nd guest of'Sumi Lodge'..."Scheduled to accompany a special partner". In the article it says something about him bringing a partner that practice with him martial arts...

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/408/0000115292

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

My opinion is that, it did derail his career but (maybe) only at the starting point when the scandal was still fresh in people memory. But over the years, I should say, his choices of drama were not "attractive" . How do I explain this? He wants to have a breakthrough in his projects, he wants to show different style of acting, etc, hence his drama aren't the typical drama that k fangirl likes to watch. You think possible?

I completely agree. I think it's a combination. It's clear that JH doesn't choose the typical projects that end up being big hits. Almost no romcoms, mostly roles that have some challange to them. Another thing he doesn't do- he doesn't emphasize his sex appeal. In FTLY, even though there were scenes in which he was topless, they were mostly humorous and he had no problem letting the actor who played Daniel to get the Homme fatal tag, and also in MF- the director said that he didn't do gratuitous nudity. His photoshoots are far sexier than how he is in a role.

Hahaha....I'm just thinking this is just entertainment words. What he said onscreen may just be entertainment words only. His real thought, no one knows. Perhaps they did want to try for a girl - who knows??

I don't know- it sounded like he was telling the truth there. I think they weren't thinking about another child because his wife was in an age in which there is an increased risk for problems with the baby. 

I think his Agency objected to his marriage was because of it'll affect his career esp in the area of shipping & fangirling. As for his parents objecting to the marriage, could be because she's older. Asian culture to a certain extent is still pretty 'old school' as in the men must be older instead of the other way round. Than it becomes "big sister younger bro" marriage. Some older folks aren't able to accept this.

Even though I respect him keeping his family life private- I do wonder sometimes about the dynamics between his wife and him. 

This might be his minus point. "Big" directors out there who wants to have the final say probably will not have JH as the top choice because knowing the way JH works. It's good for us audience that he pays attention to the smallest of details but from the director POV, he may not fit their bill.

I hope he'll work with the director for MF again. Their partnership was good & the director knew how to bring out JH goodness. She could "handle" him although giving him full support as to how he wants to portray PJ & PJ turned out to be 1 of the finest character ever (for me).

I'm sure many directors get frustrate by him, and I do think that sadly it limits his offers as result, but I wouldn't have it any other way. If he just did what the director told him- I probably wouldn't be his fan. It's his input that makes his roles so unique... And I agree, he needs to work more with directors that can handle his way of working. The director of MF was perfect in that regard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

This is might explain why in this article it is said that "To be accompanied by a special partner"... It's possible that JH brought Choi Kisup with him... It's amazing to me how he works diligently to promote his friends. But it's also possible that he knew that Sumi is a bit saucy, so maybe he brought him as "protection"... :D

Ah then it must be so, coz they do boxing together 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

And I agree, he needs to work more with directors that can handle his way of working. The director of MF was perfect in that regard.

Ya, am wondering how come there's no drama after MF....they haven't worked together since. Although JH is independent, he develops his own character for the drama, but at some point, he still needs a Director to rein him in. Else he'll get too "gaebong ah" (hahaha)!

:confounded:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

21 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

I have watched several sageuks and even non-Korean epic historicals, always the main lead has his/her moment of brilliance and heroism. But I feel like Chuno is extra special, quite possibly the sageuks among the sageuks. Nearly all of the characters had their moments of heroism and it's satisfying.

I think the way dramas sustain the story and wrap things up really affects how much I end up loving them. Many dramas started awesome but floundered towards the end (like my could-have-been-favorite Flower of Evil). 

Wow. I didn't know about the International Emmy nomination. Do you have a link please? His agency used to have a bunch of the big stars of the Hallyu wave. I don't know how well they take care of him but JH is quite loyal, I just hope Sidus doesn't get complacent.

I was like that for a while too (especially after FTLY). I'm back to semi-normal now. I just cannot watch other shows immediately after certain shows of his. Like I've been enjoying marathoning Hwayugi currently but since I just watched the last two episodes of Chuno, I cannot help but pause for a day or two, listening to its OST over and over, sorting my thoughts and thinking which JH series should I watch next. Robber for romance? Wok of Love for fluff? Voice for some police action? I'm glad I still have a bunch of JH dramas left.:fullofhearts:

I highly recommend you watch Robber. In my opinion is one of his best dramas and it's super underrated. His character has so many layers of complexity and he manage every emotion brilliantly!

About the EMMY nomination, it was the 39th International EMMY awards, in 2011, he was nominated for Chuno <3 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/39th_International_Emmy_Awards

Thank you everyone for your words. I am always treated kind in JH's fandom. That mean a lot to me. 

I'm still trying to figure out how to reply multiple quotes on the same post and I didn't there was a limit of posts per day. Sorry. 

I can't wait to hear the stories he's going to share with Kim Soo Mi.

I also have a bit of curiosity about his family's dynamic though I deeply respect his privacy and his choices. Maybe because brazilian media doesn't respect most of artists at all, always a lot of gossip and paparazzi, it's a nightmare, I'm glad Korean media do respect artists.

And I agree when you say that his choices of roles are not so popular. His ethics and beliefs about an actor's job maybe are not so compatible with the industry. That's why I'd die to see him acting in theater plays.

Has anyone heard about it? Has he ever talked about it? I love his passion for his work on dramas and movies, I just wonder what a play with him could be. <3

• Like 6

@Biology Lesson I want him to at least once, be as sexy in a role as he is in photoshoots but I think the world would melt. 

Without trying too hard he is so sexy in Money Flower, My Country, Tell me what you saw, through his gestures and sensual movements, his voice. If he plays an explicitly sexy character, oof! That will be :evillaugh:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

31 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I want him to at least once, be as sexy in a role as he is in photoshoots but I think the world would melt. 

Without trying too hard he is so sexy in Money Flower, My Country, Tell me what you saw, through his gestures and sensual movements, his voice. If he plays an explicitly sexy character, oof! That will be :evillaugh:

I agree. With every word :) I think he was the sexiest in MF as there part of his plan was to seduce Mal Ran, so he really let loose :D. But just a bit... I think the scene in which he revealed who he was to her was the sexiest scene I've ever seen him do, and this is including his sex scenes. I think it was sexier than his sex scenes because in them he usually won't allow the camera to linger too long on his face, if at all. And the directors don't care, cause they are too busy focusing on the girl's body... <_<  But in that scene - it was all about his face, and it was so hot!!! I wonder if he felt more comfortable with that since he knew that his character was lying... 

But since it was fake, I'm not satisficed with that! I want a full on seduction scene that focuses on his face with an equally confident actress, that will know how to respond. Nothing explicit- just passion! :sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

Thank you everyone for your words. I am always treated kind in JH's fandom. That mean a lot to me. 

Let's just say even though we live in JH fandom world, we also live in real world. Hahaha! We're able to tell apart real & reel. And we treat each other with respect even though we may have differences in opinion. So, have fun with us here!

10 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

I also have a bit of curiosity about his family's dynamic though I deeply respect his privacy and his choices. Maybe because brazilian media doesn't respect most of artists at all, always a lot of gossip and paparazzi, it's a nightmare, I'm glad Korean media do respect artists.

I'm not too sure about k media but chinese media is definitely .....i'm just speechless. I do feel pity for the actors/actress because they're just only doing their job. They don't need to be "attacked" by keyboard warriors or all sorts of warriors.

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I want him to at least once, be as sexy in a role

I want him in many roles but it would be nice if he can do a role which is surrounded by women. Perhaps a flirt emperor who has women all around him? Heehee he'll blush crazy every time Director says cut. Hahaha!

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I agree. With every word :) I think he was the sexiest in MF as there part of his plan was to seduce Mal Ran, so he really let loose :D.

Yes that scene. He got Mal Ran waiting...waiting....than boom! He should have got her more high ah...lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@Biology Lesson The shovel is back! Don’t tell me he is going to sing Creep again! And do TJ! It’s all the greatest hits! :rickroll:

I will be reallyyyy surprised if he actually tells a new story of his private life as the promotional articles suggested. JH is as beautiful and talented as he is “kinda boring” (and I mean this as a compliment. We don't really want him to have or share any private drama and we know he just won’t) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

25 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson The shovel is back! Don’t tell me he is going to sing Creep again! And do TJ! It’s all the greatest hits! 

TJ I learned to appreciate, but, please god, not Creep again! :hwaiting2:And don't forget his hotdogs!

I will be reallyyyy surprised if he actually tells a new story of his private life as the promotional articles suggested. JH is as beautiful and talented as he is “kinda boring” (and I mean this as a compliment. We don't really want him to have or share any private drama and we know he just won’t) 

That's exactly what I thought- That he wouldn't actually share a new story. Probably something he already shared, but is little known.  Or maybe something about his profession, but I doubt he will a new personal detail...

• Like 2

Jang Hyuk To Guest On Kim Soo Mi’s New Show Starring Apink’s Jung Eun Ji, EXID’s Hani, And More

Jang Hyuk will be the second guest on Kim Soo Mi’s upcoming variety show!

“Soo Mi’s Mountain Cabin” is a joint production between KBS and skyTV. Starring Kim Soo Mi, it is a healing variety show that features guests with special stories who come to visit a tranquil cabin deep in the mountains. Other members of the cast include Park Myung Soo, Shinhwa’s Jun Jin, Apink‘s Jung Eun Ji, and EXID‘s Hani.

On February 17, the production team confirmed that Jang Hyuk will appear as the second guest to visit the cabin, sharing that they’ve recently wrapped up filming for his episode. Jang Hyuk will also be accompanied by another guest, who hasn’t yet been identified.

It’s said that Jang Hyuk is Kim Soo Mi’s favorite actor and she became a shy fangirl over his visit, even hiding behind the other cast members. Jang Hyuk is described as having shared personal stories during the filming.

jang-hyuk.jpg

“Soo Mi’s Mountain Cabin” premieres on February 18 at 10:40 p.m. KST. Ku Hye Sun was previously announced as the show’s first guest.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1454954wpp/jang-hyuk-to-guest-on-kim-soo-mis-new-show-starring-apinks-jung-eun-ji-exids-hani-and-more?fbclid=IwAR2NyS0uLoqif6UwxoothlaiAexmen2lo5dRf1byDNE0MekSL_O1MZZlIA4

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Don’t tell me he is going to sing Creep again!

I've come to like his creep! Lol. Ya initially it was ear torture but I've come to like it. Hahaha....The only thing I cannot stand is his curtain. Can we have a non curtain hair?

• LOL 5