3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH's schedule update (thanks to Jane from IG ), JH's vacation lengthened to April 12th. It's interesting that they have a finite date for that... Maybe he does have something brewing? Hopefully...

Haha actually no, they just update his schedule on a weekly basis. So last Monday, the break was up to April 5, then today they extend it to April 12. They will just keep extending it by a week if he is on the same status.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I find it so tough to translate what he said. He is so deep.haha. I tried. If anyone has a better way to translate, please help..:joy:

thank you so much for making the effort and translating those clips! I wish I could help, but my Korean knowledge is closer to zero.

I've been watching some other episodes from the same show with Jae Wook and Cho JungSeok and when those guys were there it was all "Oh, you are so handsome!". "you are so talented!"... I'm not saying these guys were behaving arrogantly, but I noticed that they were treated very differently than how JH was treated. It's not that he treated disrespectfully, but it's different. I noticed this in other shows that he does. It feels like he is treated more like a friend than a celebrity, but why? I mean JH says himself that he is a relatively reserved person, so how come people seem to feel close to him very fast?! It's funny because I understand it, but I can't explain it :)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

thank you so much for making the effort and translating those clips! I wish I could help, but my Korean knowledge is closer to zero.

I've been watching some other episodes from the same show with Jae Wook and Cho JungSeok and when those guys were there it was all "Oh, you are so handsome!". "you are so talented!"... I'm not saying these guys were behaving arrogantly, but I noticed that they were treated very differently than how JH was treated. It's not that he treated disrespectfully, but it's different. I noticed this in other shows that he does. It feels like he is treated more like a friend than a celebrity, but why? I mean JH says himself that he is a relatively reserved person, so how come people seem to feel close to him very fast?! It's funny because I understand it, but I can't explain it :)

I only watch his eps so i can't really comment. But I think it is because of his mannerisms and the way he speaks. Very down to earth, humble and sincere when he shares his thoughts. I guess his disarming and warm smile also help make people like him immediately , like an old friend.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

My favourite part! :wub:

He is such a cutey pie! Did he actually demand they play a game he knew he's not good at ? What the hell?!  :joy: Also, this is why I don't really like how JH plays drunk- Clearly, the drunker the real JH gets, the cuter his behavior becomes, and that is not reflected in the scenes in which he plays drunk, like in WOL... I guess that is why it's called acting... :)

And you know what? I think this clip answered my previous question as to Why JH is treated differently than other celebrities on entertainment shows. Most men that I know will not admit to not knowing something. I think it's a matter of ego. Most men would talk about the things they are good at. Most men would not tell stories about how confused they are, even if they really are. It's kinda a feminine thing do :) which explains why OJH once said that they were really good friends, but their friendship wasn't like friendship between two men, but rather it was more like a friendship between a man and woman (I think it also has something to do with JH being a reserved person). And I think this is what makes most people like him so much, he lets people see things about himself that they themselves would never reveal. Sometimes creating the wrong impression, as we also know him to be a man with strong convictions and beliefs. It actually shows how confident he is about himself, that he doesn't feel like he needs to pretend to get approval. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Biology Lesson He is so adorable! I think his drunk acting in WOL was at least kinda cute, and my favorite is in “Rabbit and Lizzard”. I like him 100 times better when he is a quiet kinda drunk. My least favorite was in “Voice” ugh! MJH was so loud and annoying. Lee Gun was just his usual crazy self. YJC was just pathetic in general, poor thing (I felt sorry for him though, especially those scenes of him on the bridge. He was the epitome of desperation) Interesting! I now realize that most of his drunk scenes have been different from each other. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson He is so adorable! I think his drunk acting in WOL was at least kinda cute, and my favorite is in “Rabbit and Lizzard”. I like him 100 times better when he is a quiet kinda drunk. My least favorite was in “Voice” ugh! MJH was so loud and annoying. Lee Gun was just his usual crazy self. YJC was just pathetic in general, poor thing (I felt sorry for him though, especially those scenes of him on the bridge. He was the epitome of desperation) Interesting! I now realize that most of his drunk scenes have been different from each other. 

What I didn't like about his drunk acting in WOL, was the half mast eyes. It made him seem disconnected, while in reality he seems to try to connect even harder :) JH missed his slow blinking, and cute head movements and expressions that suddenly increase. His mannerisms become very child-like, and it's so cute!! But I guess you are right- JH sadly doesn't play his drunk scenes the way he would be in them, I guess he tries to fit them to the character. So annoying MJH becomes even more annoying, and crazy LG becomes more crazy- I loved his drugged Lee Gun- those mountains were so funny! :D 

But- Which character is YJC?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

What I didn't like about his drunk acting in WOL, was the half mast eyes. It made him seem disconnected, while in reality he seems to try to connect even harder :) JH missed his slow blinking, and cute head movements and expressions that suddenly increase. His mannerisms become very child-like, and it's so cute!! But I guess you are right- JH sadly doesn't play his drunk scenes the way he would be in them, I guess he tries to fit them to the character. So annoying MJH becomes even more annoying, and crazy LG becomes more crazy- I loved his drugged Lee Gun- those mountains were so funny! :D 

But- Which character is YJC?

Yoo Jicheol, his character in Bad Papa

If he ever plays a character as cute as himself, he’ll conquer the world

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

His dancing is 100%:love:Swing left swing right.

When I watched Real Men (this scene), I thought to myself, what would his wife think of his dancing? He looked so serious! Trying very hard to memorise the steps!

• LOL 2

20 minutes ago, budgerie said:

When I watched Real Men (this scene), I thought to myself, what would his wife think of his dancing? He looked so serious! Trying very hard to memorise the steps!

I'm sure she has seen his serious side..learning pilates from her and asking her about tap dancing..Haha!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH is actually a good dancer. Very graceful. It's just his shyness that makes him awkward... But when he is acting, you don't see his shyness...

I agree, and his body is so flexible already, I think with classes he can learn to dance for real. It will be easier for him than learning to sing :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

I agree, and his body is so flexible already, I think with classes he can learn to dance for real. It will be easier for him than learning to sing :D

Talking about singing.. hopefully this version of a drunk him singing Creep will not make anyone want to mute the video..hahahahaha!:w00t:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

15 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Talking about singing.. hopefully this version of a drunk him singing Creep will not make anyone want to mute the video..hahahahaha!:w00t:

I really don't understand this is obsession of making actors sing. I saw other Korean actors sing in that Halyu event from 2007. They didn't sound much better either... If there is one thing I can't stand it's bad singing. That's why I've never seen Mama Mia... :)

I have another actor that I like,  Shahid Kapoor from India. And besides being a good actor (watch the movies "Haider" or "Kaminey", as examples), he is also a very good dancer. I actually would love to see JH do a movie with him (this is why I want JH to work on his English) :) - JH could teach him how to do action, and he could teach JH how to dance Indian style... The best thing about those movies is that the singing is dubbed!:P 

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 Nope! As soon as the music starts playing I cringe and can’t continue watching :lol: Btw I think I saw Kang Ha Neul singing this same song (maybe in this same show?) and he was as terrible or more terrible as JH :ph34r: They have ruined this song for me :lol::lol::sweatingbullets:

And JH does constantly say he's not a good singer, though I do think he can sound really nice with the right so... why do people continue to make him and other actors sing?! I don't get it! 

Any way, was roaming the net and ran into this picture from the set of Chuno. I think this is one of the only pictures in which I've seen JH smoke in real life, not including pictures from photo-shoots or films. I think I've seen only one other picture like that. I guess JH was really careful not to be seen smoking in public?

ceaadf9bd93f4ca90468681e6a9d72681251857574_full.jpg

• Like 3