1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm actually very impressed by the way JH and his wife are handling him being a public figure.

I definitely agree with you. I guess his NO means NO. No negotiation on this although he'll probably give in to her in other matters.

So let's say for wedding of JH good friends, example : HKM, HKI, surely JH/wife will be invited? :neutral:But there's no photo of them circulated.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

I think if the actress or even fan is the type to go after them, it doesn't really matter if wife show up.  I have seen people do stuff even in front of the wife.  They don't really care.  I think it's more important what type of man he is and what kind of boundary he set.

If I don't remember wrongly, he was asked during promotion for Thorn if that were to happen to him in real life, how would he deal with it. He replied that it won't happen cos he would put a stop to it immediately right? So proud of him. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

If I don't remember wrongly, he was asked during promotion for Thorn if that were to happen to him in real life, how would he deal with it. He replied that it won't happen cos he would put a stop to it immediately right? So proud of him. 

Yea I think so or he definitely said something along those lines before.  That's why he's our oppa.  Love how he can be caring, but clear at the same time with his costars.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Kind of like fantasy thing kind of like girls dress in school girl outfits.

Yes, I ever heard people said before but I thought was Japan. Perhaps SK too.

21 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Yes. His wife must be so comforted. What I liked about DB was that he took every opportunity to mention his wife. How some actors don't even want to admit they're married but JH expressed openly he missed his wife, etc.

• Love 4

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Like Jang NaRa?

I always wondered how JH dared to even touch her, as she looks like she would break from the slightest touch... I mean, there is the kiss after the auction in FTLY, and he was pretty rough with her there in the beginning... That was also one of my problems with FTLY- JNR is very sweet looking and cute, but sexy? she is not :) so when LG was talking about how sexy MY was, I just wasn't buying it... 

8 hours ago, budgerie said:

Ya that kiss at the staircase or where...at the auction area, she looked like she was going to fall. No, I don't find her sexy at all. Sweet/cute looking yes but sexy? No! LG got bad eyesight...I know many may not like Sera in FTLY but I think she got nicer figure than MY.

I think it a matter of perception. People say when you fall in love, he/she look beautiful to you. So, LG being realistic there. But it's LG after all, we can't believe everything that he see. lol. I don't think he got bad eyesight, just in his eyes MY is sexy. 

About Sera, I think she's little bit bigger to be a ballerina in her prime at first. i prefer So Yi Hyun, more slimmer and I think she'll perfect for the character. But, she already being a ballerina in Heartstring.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, budgerie said:

His wife must be so comforted. What I liked about DB was that he took every opportunity to mention his wife. How some actors don't even want to admit they're married but JH expressed openly he missed his wife, etc.

And I love what he said about his wife during his 2018 interview.. so sweet.

Screenshot-20200828-215225-Instagram.jpg

JH's Interview on 13 April 2018 

Q : What is it like to be a father of three?

JH: I am always feeling apologetic towards my wife as she has to take care of our children. I will try to join them in family activities  whenever I am free but as compared to the other fathers, it always doesn't seem sufficient.

Q: Was it your original intention to have a big family?

JH: No, it wasn't planned. We just let nature take its course.  Even though it is important to have a plan for my work, I would not do so for my personal life.

Q: Did you also come from a big family?

JH: As the elder brother, it feels really wonderful to have a younger brother. It is really great to have 3 children, though it is a burden financially. But I believe I will be a proud and happy father  when they grow up.

Q: How did you first meet your wife?

JH: I met her at the staircase when I was on my way to shower after working out. After that brief encounter, I went to find out who she was and realised she was a dance instructress. Besides dance classes, there was a Pilates class, so I signed up for it. Even though I was very enthusiastic during lesson, I still couldn't confess my love. After the class ended 3 months later, I made my confession. She didn't know who I was then, so she was particularly cautious. It was a class of almost 40 people and the concern showered by the Ahjummas made me feel burdened. Maybe my wife was wondering to herself as she watched me , "How did this guy manage to tolerate all these?" ( JH laughs) Because there were many feminine actions in the course.

Q: What kind of father are you at home?

JH: Very normal. I try my best to be sweet to my wife even though I am not really a romantic person by nature but there is actually this side of me in my character.  But it is really hectic being an actor, so I do find it difficult to agree readily to anything. Even though I have this intention in my heart, it is not easy to fulfil.

Q: What kind of wife is she?

JH: She is a friend who thinks deeply, a different kind of depth from my mother. As we grow older,  maybe there will be a day when one of us will not be around..but I hope that day will never come. I dread to even to think of her absence.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, azureblue7 said:

JH's Interview on 13 April 2018 

Q : What is it like to be a father of three?

JH: I am always feeling apologetic towards my wife as she has to take care of our children. I will try to join them in family activities  whenever I am free but as compared to the other fathers, it always doesn't seem sufficient.

Q: Was it your original intention to have a big family?

JH: No, it wasn't planned. We just let nature take its course.  Even though it is important to have a plan for my work, I would not do so for my personal life.

Q: Did you also come from a big family?

JH: As the elder brother, it feels really wonderful to have a younger brother. It is really great to have 3 children, though it is a burden financially. But I believe I will be a proud and happy father  when they grow up.

Q: How did you first meet your wife?

JH: I met her at the staircase when I was on my way to shower after working out. After that brief encounter, I went to find out who she was and realised she was a dance instructress. Besides dance classes, there was a Pilates class, so I signed up for it. Even though I was very enthusiastic during lesson, I still couldn't confess my love. After the class ended 3 months later, I made my confession. She didn't know who I was then, so she was particularly cautious. It was a class of almost 40 people and the concern showered by the Ahjummas made me feel burdened. Maybe my wife was wondering to herself as she watched me , "How did this guy manage to tolerate all these?" ( JH laughs) Because there were many feminine actions in the course.

Q: What kind of father are you at home?

JH: Very normal. I try my best to be sweet to my wife even though I am not really a romantic person by nature but there is actually this side of me in my character.  But it is really hectic being an actor, so I do find it difficult to agree readily to anything. Even though I have this intention in my heart, it is not easy to fulfil.

Q: What kind of wife is she?

JH: She is a friend who thinks deeply, a different kind of depth from my mother. As we grow older,  maybe there will be a day when one of us will not be around..but I hope that day will never come. I dread to even to think of her absence.

He always gives the same answers to these questions, which means those words are from his heart. :heart: So this long break is actually a good time for him to rest and spend more time with his family. But I still want to whine.. When is he coming back to work? And he's not updating his IG frequently enough! Hmmmphh :lol:

Edited by Berou
Please don't quote pics.
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

@budgerie BTW, I saw you several times post about how disgusted you were that some of the fans of FTLY were shipping JH and JNR. I have been going over FTLY's Soompi thread, and I can see it happening. At first it was just the normal shipping of the characters, but then BTS footage from the show started to come out, in which JNR was very touchy-feely with JH and he was very sweet to her, and that kinda made the fans start to ship them. But, it was actually an irresponsible post by one of JH's fans about the BTS of the press conference kiss scene that put the shipping into full gear. Gumi tried to mitigate the damage of that post, but it was already being reposted... 

It was the post in this page by Guest fiovial. The fourth place from the bottom. 

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/342280-drama-2014-fated-to-love-you-운명처럼-널-사랑해/page/733/

But the lucky thing is that that irresponsible shipping by the fans did not spread to the media. The Korean entertainment media is unusually responsible. Good for them!

Thanks for the link but I don’t see much irresponsible shipping (?) Are you referring to when she spoke about how the hug was “spontaneous” and Gumi said it was just to help the other actors get into the scene for their reaction shots? I see some of my posts btw. I was Chunnogirl at the time, its my original Soompi ID. I lost the password and couldn’t recover it. But anyway, I didn’t say anything interesting lol Just mindless gushing as usual

I hate that I don’t remember many of these conversations and I was actually there! I do remember the “‘married with two children” chant that we used to keep ourselves from going into crazy delusional shipper territory. But anyway yeah Gumi is a big shipper of JH and wife (So am I and I guess most of us) and I see her going out of her way to keep people from going too crazy, but Ive honestly seen much crazier real life shipping. 

I beg to differ on the “responsible korean media” part, but they have been respectful of JHs private life so I’ll give them that. 

I remember someone did the math and concluded that JHs daughter was conceived while he was filming FTLY. So there went that ship :lol:

P.S I just want to add, while I love that JH has a stable marriage, I won’t think any less of him if he gets divorced. I am happy he is happy but even if his private life is not perfect, it doesn’t detract one ounce from the fact that I love his acting which is the thing that makes me “love” him. Him being such a sweety is a bonus, and him loving his wife is beautiful but if one day it ends (hope not) it won’t make him any less talented or sweet or human in my eyes. Expecting too much from anyone is a burden on that person. I refuse to do that. 

And this is for @corey :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@corey I seriously doubt kdrama shipping is worse than say “telenovela” shipping. I think programs that feature romance and/or chemistry will prompt this response in a part of the audience. And many times its people’s wishful thinking. But I’ve even seen it with Mulder and Scully from the X Files (the fandom that coined the term shipping according to Wikipedia) Even to this day, Ive seen people creating theories about how those actors had a relationship in real life etc I can’t say I don’t “understand” it, I’d be a hypocrite, because the few times that I enjoy a couple’s strong chemistry I may fantasize about them, so I “get” what shippers feel. But I can’t explain it rationally and I can still differentiate reality from my crazy fantasies. Where I draw the line is when shippers start over analyzing scenes and assigning meaning to every gesture. It bothers me in a similar way that fans who think they “know” an actor and can predict their behavior, etc based on how much they have “studied” their interviews. It’s always healthy to remind ourselves that no, we don’t really “know” them.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Thanks for the link but I don’t see much irresponsible shipping (?) Are you referring to when she spoke about how the hug was “spontaneous” and Gumi said it was just to help the other actors get into the scene for their reaction shots? I see some of my posts btw. I was Chunnogirl at the time, its my original Soompi ID. I lost the password and couldn’t recover it. But anyway, I didn’t say anything interesting lol Just mindless gushing as usual

The poster didn't exactly say that the hug was spontaneous, but that they were hugging cause "they wanted to and they felt like it". To me that is irresponsible, and it caused a flurry of delighted reposts and even some posts talking about a divorce. Obviously Gumi also thought it was suggesting something that shouldn't be suggested of a married man so several times she stressed that the hug was maintained to help the other actors react. The same as JH acted off screen for LDH in Chuno to help her act.  

In FTLY, I found that many of the fans that were partial to JNR, were eager for the real life shipping, probably because they want her to be in a relationship. It's kinda funny how fans are- I mean we are constantly being told that in Korea especially, for an actor being single is an advantage as it allow the fans to fantasize about them, but it seems that all the fans fantasize about is getting their idol married... 

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I hate that I don’t remember many of these conversations and I was actually there! I do remember the “‘married with two children” chant that we used to keep ourselves from going into crazy delusional shipper territory. But anyway yeah Gumi is a big shipper of JH and wife (So am I and I guess most of us) and I see her going out of her way to keep people from going too crazy, but Ive honestly seen much crazier real life shipping. 

I beg to differ on the “responsible korean media” part, but they have been respectful of JHs private life so I’ll give them that. 

This is what I've seen of them. I don't follow the Korean media that closely, but I'm sure that in any other country the entertainment media would have pounced on the opportunity to start rumors. Gets them more clicks... 

• Like 3

Are you gals/guys part of his international fans?  I never really follow too closely, but I saw on instagram  they're prepare to support him when he does promo on stage for the movie and due date is August 31.  I thought it was sweet.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Are you gals/guys part of his international fans?  I never really follow too closely, but I saw on instagram  they're prepare to support him when he does promo on stage for the movie and due date is August 31.  I thought it was sweet.  

Well, that IG account is one korean fan who named her account this way. It’s not really a “club”. Anyone can contribute to the events. All you have to do is DM her and she’ll add you to the group she sets up for every event she organizes. I used to contribute to support events organized by DC Gallery and sometimes through the US Fans FB group (which I manage with other three friends)  Elaine (JH international etc) has done collaborations with one of my friends from the US club on occasion. But it’s going to be a challenge to organize anything in the midst of Covid. I wish her luck. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Well, that IG account is one korean fan who named her account this way. It’s not really a “club”. Anyone can contribute to the events. All you have to do is DM her and she’ll add you to the group she sets up for every event she organizes. I used to contribute to support events organized by DC Gallery and sometimes through the US Fans FB group (which I manage with other three friends)  Elaine (JH international etc) has done collaborations with one of my friends from the US club on occasion. But it’s going to be a challenge to organize anything in the midst of Covid. I wish her luck. 

Thanks for clarifying.  I was wondering because I didn't see a blue emblem or check mark on ig.  Never even try his DC Gallery.  Yea, wishing her luck in midst of Covid too.

If they go to lockdown probably delay even more don't you think?  More news on swordsman. 

https://www.screendaily.com/news/korean-releases-delayed-box-office-weakens-due-to-coronavirus-spike/5152665.article

• Like 2

13 hours ago, yoeda said:

I think it a matter of perception. People say when you fall in love, he/she look beautiful to you. So, LG being realistic there. But it's LG after all, we can't believe everything that he see. lol. I don't think he got bad eyesight, just in his eyes MY is sexy. 

Hahaha...just like a chinese joke which goes like "when I married you, my eyes got stamp".....meaning the stamp blocked her vision....lol...

13 hours ago, yoeda said:

About Sera, I think she's little bit bigger to be a ballerina in her prime at first. i prefer So Yi Hyun, more slimmer and I think she'll perfect for the character. But, she already being a ballerina in Heartstring.

Wang Ji Won (FTLY Sera) she was in the National Korea Ballet in 2009. She started to act in 2012. So I guess from 2009 to 2011 she must have been slimmer. It's not easy to be selected to be in the National Korea Ballet I guess.

13 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Me too! Esp so sweet when he said he tried to be "sweet" to his wife & how he dreaded the day when he/his wife need to part in old age.

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I don't follow the Korean media that closely, but I'm sure that in any other country the entertainment media would have pounced on the opportunity to start rumors.

You try C entertainment. Can cook a rumour out of no where!! Can even edit photos that from a group to just 2 of them!! Pardon me but I find these people so despicable.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, budgerie said:

You try C entertainment. Can cook a rumour out of no where!! Can even edit photos that from a group to just 2 of them!! Pardon me but I find these people so despicable.  

I agree. C and HK media are a lot more aggressive. Not many artistes are able to keep their spouse out of the limelight, even if the spouse is not a public figure. You just need to run a Google search, it will not be hard to get some photos. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Original pic without the watermark plus another new one

https://post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=29200542&memberNo=34006891

I'm seeing in the link that the release date in still the 23rd... I wonder what will happen. i actually don't care that much when in this month it will come out. All I want is that the promotion campaign with JH will start already. meaning, I want to see JH talking about this movie!

Also, do any of you understand what is being said in this vid? I can see the guy is comparing between the fighting scenes in The Swordsman and another movie, but I can't understand if the comparison is positive or negative. Also, @budgerie, is this the type of fighting scenes you like? I see a lot of flying there :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm seeing in the link that the release date in still the 23rd... I wonder what will happen. i actually don't care that much when in this month it will come out. All I want is that the promotion campaign with JH will start already. meaning, I want to see JH talking about this movie!

Probably a typo because the same person did not say that in her blog or instagram posts. And I don't think they will change the date again so soon one day after the previous change, they will wait maybe a week or so before announcing further changes (if any).

• Like 3