1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Maths is not too different from languages, you just need to have patience to observe patterns.

I greatly beg to differ on this! Hahaha! Lol...why do I need to learn algebra, why do I need to learn geometry....these are so difficult for me :bawling:

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

My first option was Mandarin but...but...but script is intimidating.

Yes I know, the writing is difficult. I took up chinese calligraphy recently (for fun) & realised I had cleanly forgotten how to write chinese strokes properly in its correct order.

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

ㅂ=b looks like bed 

Ya it does look like a bed! Good one. Apparently there's 1 type of chinese calligraphy which also is quite similar - a word that looks like an animal for example.

• LOL 1

@Biology Lesson I think Lee Honey can be sexy or at least sensual and she got along well with JH in SOGC. I know she was pretty annoying in TFP, Im totally with you in that but I’d still give her a chance, based on Rebel, where she had some sexual tension scenes too with both the lead and the villain. I actually liked her acting in that. 

Another actress that I find can be sexy is the one who was the second lead/villain in Merchant. She had more chemistry with JH than the FL. I wish Bongsam had liked her. It would’ve made him much more interesting but he was just such a square guy, ugh!  And she was sexy in Mr Sunshine. She also played a wacky strange but kinda sexy character in Gapdong. I like her, she always makes interesting acting choices (but has a very peculiar look so Im not sure if they’ll ever give her a lead role) 

It is said that Kim Sun Ah is a great kisser, and loves JH, so that could be an interesting pairing too. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

16 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I haven't seen that many K rom coms but- is it me or is FTLY one of the only shows that actually has sexual tension in it, especially in the second half of the show? Not to mention the sexual frustration. Again, I admit that I couldn't make it through most of the rom coms that I tried to watch, but I've never seen a character so blatantly lusting after the woman. I mean, the cold shower, the screaming to the therapist that the snail is sexy, LG hand reaching for MY in bed, going after her while she was sleeping... As wacky as it was, I don't think I've ever seen in a kdrama sexual attraction being treated in such a candid way... I kinda wish that MY would have shown a bit more of it, but I guess that's too much to ask...

It's Okay That's Love has sexual tension.  Although, not really rom-com more melodrama and romance.  I wonder what Jh acting choices would of been for that role sometimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ding77 said:

I can't really stomach his Empire of Lust sex scene. :sweat_smile: 

I thought that scene in EOL was terrible. Was it the editing or what IDK. It just looked terrible.

23 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Any other actress?

I think Jun Ji Hyun can be sexy/seductive if she wants to. She got the look. JH & JJH should team up again. Song Hye Kyo can be sexy too (but I don't like her shows). Honey Lee got great body but in SOGC she was dressed to look so fat with so many layers.

• Like 3

@phoenix24 Eek, I really disliked Its ok its love, I watched the whole thing and I don’t even know why because I found it so annoying. I used the ff a lot towards the end. I thought the first five eps were great, I got hooked and then I began to get increasingly frustrated with the characters. Not my cup of tea at all and Im not sure JH could’ve made me like it? But I know it was popular at the time so maybe its one of those cases where I just didn’t get the drama :ph34r:

@corey The Merchant is based on a classic korean novel. The PD is an older guy with good reputation in sageuk (I vaguely recall) JH also said he got frustrated with SOGC because the drama didn’t show the evolution of his character, he abruptly went from happy go lucky/abandoned prince to ruthless ruler and he wanted to do a longer drama that would allow him to show a full evolution. But Merchant turned out worse imo. Bongsam starts out extremely loud and immature (he was supposed to be 18 years old in that introduction scene. First mistake) and later on he matured, became more responsible,  but he was always a rigid character, not much evolution. My theory is that this is one drama where JH didn’t dare to add too much to the character or drama. He was sorrounded by seniors and the PD is an older guy. So unlike in other filming sets, he was one of the “rookies” and probably just followed the PD and writer out of respect. I believe the writer of the actual novel was involved. But anyway, thats my theory. So, JH had good reasons to accept the project, unfortunately it didn’t turn out great (but there’s people who really like this drama. Just like I love Chuno and @Biology Lesson doesn’t lolol) 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

14 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Another actress that I find can be sexy is the one who was the second lead/villain in Merchant. She had more chemistry with JH than the FL

Yes, Kim Min Jung. I prefer her chemistry with BS in Merchant compared to the FL. Her looks qualify her to act steamy scenes as well as villian scene. I watched Forbidden Quest - she's pretty "hot" in this movie.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dramafan33 said:

@phoenix24 Eek, I really disliked Its ok its love, I watched the whole thing and I don’t even know why because I found it so annoying. I used the ff a lot towards the end. I thought the first five eps were great, I got hooked and then I began to get increasingly frustrated with the characters. Not my cup of tea at all and Im not sure JH could’ve made me like it? But I know it was popular at the time so maybe its one of those cases where I just didn’t get the drama :ph34r:

Hihi I just think topic was interesting for ML. I have a thing for damage soul and JH does it so well.  There is some part of the drama I could do without or would tweak.  Maybe better writing but have the complex character or something similar for oppa to explore.

• Like 4

@phoenix24 Oh I agree. I actually liked the ML and I would love JH to play someone with mental illness (I liked his interpretation in Searching for the elephant and current JH could be even better) I wish OHJ had been shown to be mentally ill in Tell me what you saw and one way or another LYO was. My issue with IOIL was I think, the FL, but I don’t even remember why at this point. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I think Lee Honey can be sexy or at least sensual and she got along well with JH in SOGC. I know she was pretty annoying in TFP, Im totally with you in that but I’d still give her a chance, based on Rebel, where she had some sexual tension scenes too with both the lead and the villain. I actually liked her acting in that. 

Oh, I didn't think she was annoying in TFP; I thought her acting was really bad in that show. I think she just can't do comedy, though I did think she was sexy in SOGC... so maybe not a steamy comedy with JH, but a steamy melo? I liked her interaction with JH BTS... 

Another actress that I find can be sexy is the one who was the second lead/villain in Merchant. She had more chemistry with JH than the FL. I wish Bongsam had liked her. It would’ve made him much more interesting but he was just such a square guy, ugh!  And she was sexy in Mr Sunshine. She also played a wacky strange but kinda sexy character in Gapdong. I like her, she always makes interesting acting choices (but has a very peculiar look so Im not sure if they’ll ever give her a lead role) 

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Yes, Kim Min Jung. I prefer her chemistry with BS in Merchant compared to the FL. Her looks qualify her to act steamy scenes as well as villian scene. I watched Forbidden Quest - she's pretty "hot" in this movie.

I saw her in Mr. Sunshine and something about her acting, I wasn't buying... She was playing a character that was supposed to be very sensual and confident, but to me it felt more like pretending... she didn't convince me there... It could be that it was just the direction, as Kdramas don't seem to know how do create characters like that. Maybe in the movie she was better... But she seems to really like JH (she had him on her food show, right?), so it could be fun to see her with a show with in which she is the main FL :) 

It is said that Kim Sun Ah is a great kisser, and loves JH, so that could be an interesting pairing too. 

She's the one that is a long time friend of JH, right? I wondered why the never acted together before... 

39 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I thought that scene in EOL was terrible. Was it the editing or what IDK. It just looked terrible.

After I watched EOL in full I changed my mind about JH's sex scene. I thought it made sense, as he was the cold prince using a woman as he pleased. But also, this sex scene is highly edited- I don't think it's longer than 20 seconds! I wondered why that is, since most sex scenes in Korean movies are longer and much more explicit. Even in the same movie, the other sex scenes are longer and more explicit (and much more boring...). But not only that- after watching several Korean movies with sex scenes, I noticed that most of those scenes are almost identical- its like they have a check list of positions that have to be included and have a certain standard length. So why is this one so different? My guess is that it's simply JH. I don't think he wants to those standard explicit sex scenes, but since he wanted to do that movie, I guess they compromised on that highly edited sex scene. I also remembered what JH said about the sex scene in Thorn, that was the longest and most explicit scene he did. If I'm not mistaken, he said that they did what they wanted to do in that scene, as if the direction there was minimal. And you can see that that scene is also highly edited, not that explicit and even the girl is mostly dressed in it. So I think when it comes to his sex scenes, JH is mostly in control of them. Which also might limit his hiring to do certain movies.

39 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I think Jun Ji Hyun can be sexy/seductive if she wants to. She got the look. JH & JJH should team up again. 

I never saw her being seductive, I saw her mostly being wacky or innocent. in what show was she seductive? I remember she and JH were very close friends, are they still friends?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I never saw her being seductive, I saw her mostly being wacky or innocent. in what show was she seductive? I remember she and JH were very close friends, are they still friends?

I meant she has the look to be seductive. I was visualising her because give her proper makeup & the hair & dress sexy, she does have that seductive look. :P

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I meant she has the look to be seductive. I was visualising her because give her proper makeup & the hair & dress sexy, she does have that seductive look. :P

Oh, with that I agree! I saw some of her fashion photos online and she is gorgeous and very sexy in those pics! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, with that I agree! I saw some of her fashion photos online and she is gorgeous and very sexy in those pics! 

But I wonder would it be awkward if (I assume she/JH are still friends), they've to work together on a steamy scene. Wouldn't you feel awkward if you have to do it with your friend?? I think I can't...so awkward.

• LOL 3

But I wonder would it be awkward if (I assume she/JH are still friends), they've to work together on a steamy scene. Wouldn't you feel awkward if you have to do it with your friend?? I think I can't...so awkward.

You might be right... He did call her his "sister", right?  Yeah, doing a steamy scene with your sister can get awkward... :D

• LOL 1

Think it would be awkward for JH. He wasn't so comfortable doing kissing scenes with LDH, which was actually very mild. Lol. Maybe easier to film those scenes with other actresses he doesn't know so well. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corey said:

Edit @Biology Lesson, when you said that "after watching several Korean movies with sex scenes, I noticed that most of those scenes are almost identical- its like they have a check list of positions that have to be included and have a certain standard length. " - you actually may be right!

Based on what I saw, I am sure that S Korean TV directors have a checklist for kissing scenes - so why not for sex scenes.

Checklist for kissing scenes

Firstly, you do the "three times repeat" cut of the couple hugging/touching lips for the first time. Each and every drama! Always! Three different takes with different angles, played one after another, each lasting two to three seconds.( In case the audience missess the oh so very important first "skinship" moment???)

Then, wide open eyes of the female at first and then slow closing of eyes. Then we have a cut to her hands, reluctantly clutching his shirt in the vicinity of his kidneys. And cut to longer distance shot of two heads leaning together. The end.

Oh, that is much more attention to details than I ever would be capable of! Good eye! I can't refer to camera angles or number of cuts, but for sure the kiss scenes in Kdramas feel identical. Do we also include the slow motion FL-almost-falling-ML-grabbing-and-staring scene? or the bumping into each other, grabbing than freezing" scene? Both these scenes can be found in every rom com and are always the same!

There are of course a few exceptions, like the kiss at the beginning of ep. 10 of Her Private Life. Therefore I suggest Park Min Young as JH's partner. I recently watched BTS of her and Kim Jae Wook from filming HPR, and boy oh boy, they stopped very short of having actual sex in front of everyone.

Tried watching that show, but dropped it on the first episode as the Fl seemed annoying... It's worth braving it to the next episode?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, that is much more attention to details than I ever would be capable of! Good eye! I can't refer to camera angles or number of cuts, but for sure the kiss scenes in Kdramas feel identical. Do we also include the slow motion FL-almost-falling-ML-grabbing-and-staring scene? or the bumping into each other, grabbing than freezing" scene? Both these scenes can be found in every rom com and are always the same!

Tried watching that show, but dropped it on the first episode as the Fl seemed annoying... It's worth braving it to the next episode?

Private Life's ML is Kim Jae Wook right, Mo Tae Gu from Voice? I liked his MTG in Voice so looked up his drama, and decided to try My Private Life. Watched a few episodes and after that I mostly ff to the end. While he was great as MTG, he looked like a rookie actor in MPL. In some scenes, his expression was so awkward. Not a seasoned actor and I personally feel he can't carry a drama as the ML. The FL is very pretty and their kissing scenes were so long I started to feel uncomfortable for their sake. 

Seriously, can someone recommend another actor who can act as well as JH and looks as good as him lol. I seem to find fault with every actor now if he's not JH, something not enough with his acting, face not handsome, I can't connect with his eyes, etc. :sweat_smile: That reminds, did the PD or writer of Voice said that KJW is more handsome than JH??!! No way. Hyukie has the most beautiful face. KJW only wins in the height department. :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

And the preview for The Swordsman is up! in a very inconvenient way- don't know why they are posting it on FB first...

But- share it! Spread it!

Edit: after seeing it- the preview looks great, and it actually looks like a cool movie. And the fighting scenes- oh my god!!!

https://m.facebook.com/CJCGV/

It is much better than I expected!! JH looked sooooo cool executing those moves...:heart2beat:

• Like 3
  • Love 4