Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson You were right about them being close apparently! And awww Jang Hyuk himself contacted them to join the show! Now I need to watch it

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDd6GUxJmcF/?igshid=q4qtaryndkm8

Oh, wow! Now I'm curious about the things they had to edit out... :)

Watching the show it was clear the guys from the travel show were very close to JH, very affectionate and warm. It also seemed that the other guys were almost jealous of their closeness. JH was so sweet, so funny and so cheerful, you could see the other guys falling to his charm. 

It's interesting that JH was the one to contact them about participating in the show. I guess they approached him first about participating, but he was the one to tell them when he was available. Seeing the show I think he would have loved to join the guys for their missions, just because he loves learning new things and loves the guys. I hope that they are already planning on doing a show together... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

For those who understand chinese, the subs are out at https://b23.tv/Wk0K4N

 

 

Those who can read chinese, if you could convey to us, the Chinese and Korean-challenged, the highlights, ...:loveu:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mariana Marc said:

Hello. What is the variaty show? Thank ❤

Hi! Welcome Aboard! :lol:

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

 

Those who can read chinese, if you could convey to us, the Chinese and Korean-challenged, the highlights, ...:loveu:

I try my best to translate to the best I can ya but not perfect. I'm just translating the part where JH is out. The beginning too tedious...

 

Title is : Great Stomach Taro

 

Hyuk made his entrance. Someone said "brother". Another said "Hyuk ah", are you coming here to exercise?

 

JH : Yes

 

Someone said : Long time no see (JH & guys shook hands). Someone said : Looks like this has been pre arranged. Another guy said "really"?

 

Spectable said : he wore a microphone to come out. I thought it was coincidence.

 

Hyuk : Since everyone is acting, makes me awkward. I'm the actor here. (They acted as though seeing JH was a coincidence).

 

Spectable guy : On the way up, saw your photograph. How often do you come every week?

 

JH : Here about 2-3 times every week.

 

Another guy said : makes me surprised is when filming time, JH will exercise alone. Inside the bag got exercise equipment.

 

Another guy said : yes yes not wrong, I remembered.

 

JH : Is a kind of sickness.

 

Another guy said : what supposed to bring JH did'nt bring (indicating food stuff).

 

JH : because the weight of what we can bring is already fixed. To bring this or to bring that, in the end decided to bring that.

 

Another guy said : more exaggerated compared to a professional. How long have you learnt?

 

JH : Around 10 years

 

Another guy : So now should have the aptitude already?

 

JH : Now is _____level. (I don't know what level he's referring to).

 

The guys made some small talks...since JH is here, can he demonstrate since he already learnt for more than 10 years?

 

JH : No, just that I've paid 10 years of membership fee that's all...laugh.

 

The guys tried to coax him to demonstrate :

See if have reached the level of coaching us. Want to test JH level of proficiency. JH demonstrated.

 

Another guy : show us something different.

 

(up to here for now. The guys have lots of small talks, too tedious)....let me take a break.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, budgerie said:

I try my best to translate to the best I can ya but not perfect. I'm just translating the part where JH is out. The beginning too tedious...

 

Title is : Great Stomach Taro

 

Hyuk made his entrance. Someone said "brother". Another said "Hyuk ah", are you coming here to exercise?

 

JH : Yes

 

Someone said : Long time no see (JH & guys shook hands). Someone said : Looks like this has been pre arranged. Another guy said "really"?

 

Spectable said : he wore a microphone to come out. I thought it was coincidence.

 

Hyuk : Since everyone is acting, makes me awkward. I'm the actor here. (They acted as though seeing JH was a coincidence).

 

Spectable guy : On the way up, saw your photograph. How often do you come every week?

 

JH : Here about 2-3 times every week.

 

Another guy said : makes me surprised is when filming time, JH will exercise alone. Inside the bag got exercise equipment.

 

Another guy said : yes yes not wrong, I remembered.

 

JH : Is a kind of sickness.

 

Another guy said : what supposed to bring JH did'nt bring (indicating food stuff).

 

JH : because the weight of what we can bring is already fixed. To bring this or to bring that, in the end decided to bring that.

 

Another guy said : more exaggerated compared to a professional. How long have you learnt?

 

JH : Around 10 years

 

Another guy : So now should have the aptitude already?

 

JH : Now is _____level. (I don't know what level he's referring to).

 

The guys made some small talks...since JH is here, can he demonstrate since he already learnt for more than 10 years?

 

JH : No, just that I've paid 10 years of membership fee that's all...laugh.

 

The guys tried to coax him to demonstrate :

See if have reached the level of coaching us. Want to test JH level of proficiency. JH demonstrated.

 

Another guy : show us something different.

 

(up to here for now. The guys have lots of small talks, too tedious)....let me take a break.

 

Wow! Thank you so much for the translation! :heartxoxo:

Now, can anyone explain to me how is it possible that almost every sentence he utters is funny?! I don't even know how to define his sense of humor- deadpan? Dry? Every sentence is funny and quirky... And again, he's never funny at anyone's expense, maybe only himself...

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

 

Wow! Thank you so much for the translation!

There's still a lot more. What I did was only just the beginning when JH appeared. Cos the guys had lots of small talks so it's kinda alot/tedious to translate. I'm (still) waiting for "energy" to translate the remaining or if anyone with chinese knowledge can help too (for the benefit of those who don't read/understand chinese). :)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, budgerie said:

There's still a lot more. What I did was only just the beginning when JH appeared. Cos the guys had lots of small talks so it's kinda alot/tedious to translate. I'm (still) waiting for "energy" to translate the remaining or if anyone with chinese knowledge can help too (for the benefit of those who don't read/understand chinese). :)

Ahh thank you. Any little bit is very much appreciated. :kiss_wink:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Chinese subs for giant veteran 

 

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1vk4y1m7Js?p=1

Ok I briefly continue where I left off. This is when JH is wearing black tee shirt.

 

The guys & him spoke about this programme. JH had wanted to do a programme with them again but (earlier on) time didn't permit. They also spoke about their trip in GC. 1 of the guy said JH resembled "someone" (IDK who is the someone). JH said originally he had wanted to come with his hair done. :lol:

 

1 of the guy mentioned their today mission is to sweat it out with a skilled boxer. 1 of the guy said JH is a highly skilled boxer, JH said no. JH said he's a medium skilled boxer.

 

JH asked the guys : weight is the important issue right? 1 of the guy replied yes. JH said the secret is, drink water only after afew rounds. Don't any time drink water. 1 of the guy asked, this also need to adjust (referring to drink water). JH said is for weight purpose.

 

1 of the guy said but we heard drink lots of water. JH said if it's not for weight purpose, any time drink is fine but for weight purpose, don't any time drink. 1 of the guy drank water....the other guy tried to stop him from drinking water.

 

1 guy asked JH, exercise cannot stand infront of the aircon/fan? JH said this have to bear with it. Hot time let it sweat it out. So the guys made a bet, the 1st person go to the aircon/fan have to buy coffee.

 

So the bet begins - 2 rules. (1) cannot sit but can lie down. (2) cannot go to the aircon/fan. If break the rules, have to buy all the people/staff coffee.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Now, can anyone explain to me how is it possible that almost every sentence he utters is funny?! I don't even know how to define his sense of humor- deadpan? Dry? Every sentence is funny and quirky... And again, he's never funny at anyone's expense, maybe only himself

Haha! That's true. He is really witty! They still like to tease him but i thought he handled it very well. He smiled, joked with them, sometimes teased them back, retaliated when they poked at him too much. I can tell how much they enjoyed interacting with one another . And he is rather comfortable in their company.

 

He is also really humble on the show. Telling them he's not the expert, he's only like the intermediate level. He's here to learn with them if he's not good enough.

 

When they were doing the Punching machine challenge, Hyuk scored 6th place. He was teased by Hyung don for having "cotton fists". He retorted that he didnt say he was good at this in the first place.  And boxing is not just about that. Later on, he laughed and said that's why he's here to learn with them to level up too.

 

So from upper body strength challenge which he lost, they went to test his lower body strength.And hence the thigh wrestling came about. He kept saying he's really no good at this. He can't win them. He's not out to win but just to try his best. And you can see it! The first challenge, yong Man commented how thin and fair his legs look..hahaha. But someone mentioned it may be like robotic legs. (thin but strong).

 

Sorry my translation might not be very detailed. I think @budgeriecan help fill in the parts I missed out. Hehe. :eats:

  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@budgerie and @azureblue7 Thank you so much for the translations! 

 

I watched the show raw and I loved to see just how much JH was enjoying him self :) I loved how comfortable he was with the guys, he really needs to do another show with them as a regular!

and I loved how he was so attentive to the instructor and practiced with them, even though it was very clear he knew everything that was being taught (you guys noticed his boxing trainer lurking in the background, helping him to suit up for his sparring sessions? :) ). He's such an eager student! 

 

As to next week- I'm telling you, the tall guy is the one to watch out for! His arms are long, and his punch is very strong. He's a bit heavy, but he can also move fast- I bet he presented a challenge for JH in the sparring session! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The spectacle guy said to JH, you also must participate. JH said why I must? Isn't me the guest? The spec guy said where got guest"? In exercise where got guest? So the spec guy said ok this is fixed.

 

So begin the exercise but everyone is still sitting down. 1 guy said, shout 123 everyone hand in hand stand up together. 123 everyone stood up.

 

Someone asked, is it should let us use this to warm up first? JH said have to wear glove otherwise will injury. The guys take turns to warm up on the equipment. The guys compared their previous scores when they previously used the equipment. JH sees their score so he said so I don't need to do this already....:lol:

 

It's JH turn. Can he beat the highest score of 929? They were estimating his score since he had boxed for 10 years. But JH got 897. The guys said you & us not much difference. So they teased him. JH said when did I say I'm a highly skilled boxer? I said I'm a medium skilled boxer.

 

1 of the guy said, for boxer, the bottom half of the body also important. The thigh. They teased him that he exercised more than Bruce Lee. JH said his thigh doesn't have much strength. JH said later I lost than how? I'm supposed to come here to teach people. JH said he scared lost. :lol:

 

The other guy lost. He said JH leg got strength. (Change another guy). JH said look at the size of that guy leg (hinting he can't win this guy). Now have size difference. JH said he's afraid now & excited/worried.

 

JH told the guy, you're very strong. The guy said it's competition between friends. JH won but JH said the other guy is strong. When changed to 3rd guy, JH said he's tired. JH won, changed to 4th guy...JH easily won the 4th guy & burst out laughing. The 4th guy said he 2 months never eat anything nutritious!

 

Changed 5th person. JH said this one cannot. Indicating he (JH) cannot win. They teased JH red face. Changed 6th person. JH said I didn't think to win. (I think JH lost to the 6th person). The guys said JH already used up lots strength with so many of them & still persevere. They praised him.

 

(Ok..break time, it's not even half the show yet).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for jumping the order of events,  I just have to mention about the latte incident that happened during the Grand Canyon trip.

 

Hyuk was not angry about not having his latte.  It is more about being wrongly accused of ordering latte when everyone else ordered the same thing.  It's because Yong Man was the one who asked him, " Hyuk, what would you like to order?" So he innocently replied latte. Later on, when Yong Man realised he didnt have enough money to foot the bill as latte cost a dollar more, he started scolding Hyuk for the latte, saying  why he had to order latte when everyone else ordered the same thing, is it because he is an actor? 

 

I think maybe Hyuk didnt like it that he accused him of wanting preferential treatment just because he's an actor. We all know he doesn't think himself as different just because  he is an actor or a star. Haha, anyway the whole thing was quite funny. And he told Yong Man jokingly that he just had to get it off his chest since he really likes him as a hyung and he wants to meet him more.

 

I notice that once Hyuk likes something, he will continue loving it or doing it for a long time. Like his latte, Jeet Kune-Do, boxing..

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Sorry for jumping the order of events,  I just have to mention about the latte incident that happened during the Grand Canyon trip.

 

Hyuk was not angry about not having his latte.  It is more about being wrongly accused of ordering latte when everyone else ordered the same thing.  It's because Yong Man was the one who asked him, " Hyuk, what would you like to order?" So he innocently replied latte. Later on, when Yong Man realised he didnt have enough money to foot the bill as latte cost a dollar more, he started scolding Hyuk for the latte, saying  why he had to order latte when everyone else ordered the same thing, is it because he is an actor? 

 

I think maybe Hyuk didnt like it that he accused him of wanting preferential treatment just because he's an actor. We all know he doesn't think himself as different just because  he is an actor or a star. Haha, anyway the whole thing was quite funny. And he told Yong Man jokingly that he just had to get it off his chest since he really likes him as a hyung and he wants to meet him more.

 

I notice that once Hyuk likes something, he will continue loving it or doing it for a long time. Like his latte, Jeet Kune-Do, boxing..

OH, thanks for the clarification!... actually we can see the entire incident in the traveling show itself, right? That show has subtitles.

 

That entire sequence, of JH telling that story, pretending to be angry and hitting the sack comically, was hilarious! So often in variety shows JH comes across as so shy, that it's hard to see the guy who created the hilarious Lee Gunn, but in that sequence we got a glimpse of him... :D

 

It's interesting how his behavior with this group, and also with his friends from "friends in Croatia" is so much different than his behavior with The dragon club guys... It seems like he was especially friendly and bantery with the comedian Jung Hyung Don. They seem to be really comfortable with each other even to the extent of teasing each other :)  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He smiles a lot on the show.. even though he's exhausted..haha

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I recognized it as a Westwood Tshirt haha

 

116423953_925854327926998_64141321096871

 

116439480_925854391260325_24848285389384

 

Credit : Westwood Facebook

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Prettysup I love that t-shirt with the whale

 

Everyone, I just finished rewatching Fated to love you and missing it so much already!

 

I’m sorry to bother you all but, can somebody share the link to the variety show again? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Chinese subs for giant veteran 

 

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1vk4y1m7Js?p=1

There you go, @dramafan33...

 

Your account of your re-watch is making me very tempted to re-watch it again! I'm trying to resist, as I've already re watched it maybe 5 times? :blink: I'm not sure anymore... It could be six times... and I understand completely you missing it already. It's the only show I've ever seen, that as soon as it ends I want to re-watch it again. Horrible... horrible addiction... :D

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Your account of your re-watch is making me very tempted to re-watch it again! I'm trying to resist, as I've already re watched it maybe 5 times? :blink: I'm not sure anymore... It could be six times... and I understand completely you missing it already. It's the only show I've ever seen, that as soon as it ends I want to re-watch it again. Horrible... horrible addiction... :D

Hey true you know, I think "addiction" is very addictive :lol:It (in a way) makes you can't think of anything except watching that drama, hahaha! But somehow can't seem to get enough of it the more you watch it, the more you crave for it. Esp if the ending is bad, you feel like banging tables/chairs too. Lol...I've tried (quite successfully) not re watching any of his drama recently in order to let the "addiction" cool down. Heeheehee!

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This video is awesome! 
 

Will The Swordsman be released soon?

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...