On 8/21/2020 at 12:40 PM, Biology Lesson said:

Great pics! Very intense! But... I hope that this guy takes a shower every now and again :) From what I saw the hair doesn't change, so at least wash, man! I'm sure there is a river or a stream somewhere along the way... :D

No!! I like a dirty untidy Bang Won...similiar...lol. :lol:

Just watched a show named "Atiye". It's a Turkish show

I've stopped k drama for awhile though. C drama too. Nothing interesting lately except re watching old drama :tears: & I'm beginning to think that it isn't so difficult to memorise lines (hahaha) if you watch that drama or that particular scene many times enough. :tounge_wink:

I'm into thai drama + turkish drama, however, i find their plot almost similar from this drama to the next drama. Thai drama is mostly forced love, forced marriage, but later fall in love with the girl. Turkish one that i watched is about the king or sultan (whatever he's called) & his concubines....similar to c drama palace type of drama. I like that both type of drama don't have act cute scenes (which I really don't like) & turkish drama have kisses which looked more real. Some thai drama also have kisses that looked real but the girl is also wide-eyed for some drama (haiz)! And the girls are beautiful in both thai/turkish drama, most of the lead actresses are beautiful & they have nice front for the turkish girls. :grimace:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Oh, come on! He needs to take a shower once in a while or he'll become rank! :) BW obviously showered... 

I've stopped k drama for awhile though. C drama too. Nothing interesting lately except re watching old drama :tears: & I'm beginning to think that it isn't so difficult to memorise lines (hahaha) if you watch that drama or that particular scene many times enough. :tounge_wink:

I'm into thai drama + turkish drama, however, i find their plot almost similar from this drama to the next drama. Thai drama is mostly forced love, forced marriage, but later fall in love with the girl. Turkish one that i watched is about the king or sultan (whatever he's called) & his concubines....similar to c drama palace type of drama. I like that both type of drama don't have act cute scenes (which I really don't like) & turkish drama have kisses which looked more real. Some thai drama also have kisses that looked real but the girl is also wide-eyed for some drama (haiz)! And the girls are beautiful in both thai/turkish drama, most of the lead actresses are beautiful & they have nice front for the turkish girls. :grimace:

So you are watching the show "the sultan"? Many of my friends are watching that. But for me it's way too long. I can't commit to so many episodes... :)  This is what I liked about the netflix show- only 8 episodes a season...  Thai shows I never tried, but I agree that in the Turkish shows the kiss scenes are more real, the women beautiful, but, more importantly- the men are gorgeous! :D Of course- the acting being very good also helps. In the show that I watched, Atiye, I think they made a mistake in the casting as I find the guy that plays the love interest of the lead to be not such a good actor, while the actor that plays the ex boyfriend surprised me and displayed some great acting in the last episode.

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

If the same formula but well made I can accept it. Kinda like Game Sanaeha or Kluen Cheewit (revenge drama but a really well made with awesome OTP chemistry). Just now I know how big Bupphae Saniwas is. lol. Same arrange marriage with love hate but throw a time travel in the mix. Enjoyable watch but little bit draggy at the end. 

The popular Turki drama that I know is Magnificent Century. It is this one that you mean about the Sultan? It's here on Astro but never watch it.

Edit: Also in Thai drama the girl is beautiful but I kinda hope they town down the makeup a little. Who is going to bed wearing one? lol. Somehow it can be a show stopper for me. And most Thai celeb (girl) have a mix blood in them. It's hard to find a pure Thais nowadays.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie Maybe a historical turkish drama or “palace drama” would be interesting to me. The one I watched felt so devoid of any cultural reference which made it extra bland and boring. 

You see if you like "The Magnificient Century Kosem". But I have to say the FL was changed due to the original FL was suitable as a young girl but when she needed to look older after her marriage, she was changed to another older actress. I hated the change but the drama was alright for me as in it's like c drama palace type of plot. But it's very long drama with many episodes so as usual, the unnecessary people, I just ff.

38 minutes ago, yoeda said:

If the same formula but well made I can accept it. Kinda like Game Sanaeha or Kluen Cheewit (revenge drama but a really well made with awesome OTP chemistry). Just now I know how big Bupphae Saniwas is. lol. Same arrange marriage with love hate but throw a time travel in the mix. Enjoyable watch but little bit draggy at the end. 

The popular Turki drama that I know is Magnificent Century. It is this one that you mean about the Sultan? It's here on Astro but never watch it.

I just finished Raeng Tawan (thai). It's taking a bit long for the ML to express his love to the FL but their chemistry is there despite the lack of intimacy/love scenes:blink:

Yes, Magnificient Century.

And blame it on JH that we're on all sorts of topics now. Hahaha!

42 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Also in Thai drama the girl is beautiful but I kinda hope they town down the makeup a little. Who is going to bed wearing one?

Yes. The girl goes to bed with full makeup on. :grimace:

45 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So you are watching the show "the sultan"?

The Magnificient Century Kosem. I like the original FL - Anastasia Tsilimpiou. But she got the young girl look so she was changed when she married :confused:Couldn't they retain her but give her an older look makeup? Haiz...I hated the change.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, budgerie said:

You see if you like "The Magnificient Century Kosem". But I have to say the FL was changed due to the original FL was suitable as a young girl but when she needed to look older after her marriage, she was changed to another older actress. I hated the change but the drama was alright for me as in it's like c drama palace type of plot. But it's very long drama with many episodes so as usual, the unnecessary people, I just ff.

I just finished Raeng Tawan (thai). It's taking a bit long for the ML to express his love to the FL but their chemistry is there despite the lack of intimacy/love scenes:blink:

For sure JH is to blame... Makes me randomly try to watch things until he decides on his next show...

The Magnificient Century Kosem. I like the original FL - Anastasia Tsilimpiou. But she got the young girl look so she was changed when she married :confused:Couldn't they retain her but give her an older look makeup? Haiz...I hated the change.

Oh, yes. Here that show is called "the Sultan". I haven't seen it, but a friend of mine was watching it at work, so I've seen a bit of it... I also don't like shows that go on for so long, that you need to either change the actress or her looks. Sagas I don't like. 

I did watch a show called Karadayi, whose first season was, to me, the perfect romantic plot- a man whose father was wrongly accused of murder, pretends to be a lawyer so that he can join the investigation that is done by the young (and beautiful) female judge assigned with the case.I loved how they made him the type of man who everyone around him respects and obeys, including the women, and suddenly he was forced to obey and please this judge. The first season was really good and romantic. But then it dragged in the second and third season, so I think I dropped it by the end of the second season...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie Maybe a historical turkish drama or “palace drama” would be interesting to me. The one I watched felt so devoid of any cultural reference which made it extra bland and boring. 

I like reading history from original sources and it made me permanently immune to 'historical dramas'. :grimace:

I prefer historical fiction or fantasy-costume dramas or adaption of contemporary literary work. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I like reading history from original sources and it made me permanently immune to 'historical dramas'. :grimace:

I prefer historical fiction or fantasy-costume dramas or adaption of contemporary literary work. 

Me too. I prefer watching period drama & when is JH going to give us a longer episode historical drama? :grimace:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

Yes, blame it to him. I think at this rate I'll be fluent in Thais waiting for his new drama. :facepalm:

I like Yaya in KC. She literally a goddess in that drama. makeup and fashion on point. But, when she goes to bed her face look fresh without any heavy mascara and blusher but still beautiful. So jealous. lol

Raeng Tawan? Fierce Sun? See JH, I almost can translate the title now. hahahahha.

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

That make me remember that Hindi soap opera that I like years back, Kasamh Se. They change the female lead and the story become ridicolous and repetitive. can't blame the actress tho, coz it have hundred episode and you better jump to something bigger like film when you have opportunity. But, it apply to most Hindi drama change actors here and there. lol. even it kinda kill the mood when you already love the performer and characters.

• Like 1

Raeng Tawan? Fierce Sun? See JH, I almost can translate the title now. hahahahha.

Huh? No idea what's the translation. Wow, you must be improving your thai language. Lol.

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I have a question- What's the deal with the Korea Drama Awards? I noticed JH was rarely nominated to those awards... Is there a reason?

Being in the entertainment industry, it's not so straight forward I would guess. There are many behind the scenes going on. I wonder if Sidus is even on good terms with people who handle these awards. You know what I mean?

I'll be fluent in Thais waiting for his new drama.

If you don't mind to watch other language drama, try watching Carlos, rey emperador.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Being in the entertainment industry, it's not so straight forward I would guess. There are many behind the scenes going on. I wonder if Sidus is even on good terms with people who handle these awards. You know what I mean?

yeah. People here already suggested that there is a chance that Sidus has been very nearly black balled in the industry... I saw a bit of the award show and it looks very prestigious... But am I really right- has JH never been nominated to that award show?! If that is the case, it seems very blatant...

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Im not sure about the difference. I call everything that has some “historical characters” a “historical”. And while I don’t like all of them, it is always a point of attraction. I also enjoy period dramas that are pure fiction or based on novels, if they are not completely anachronistic (because then, whats the point?) What exactly is an “original source” though? History can be told from many perspectives. To me, fictional/dramatized works serve as a good introduction. 

@budgerie The Merchant was long, and it was so bad! 

I enjoyed Carlos, Rey Emperador, but before that, the same production company made “Isabel” (it had three seasons) Amazing show! 

@Biology Lesson I think the simplest explanation for JH not getting nominations is ratings. The last time he was in a drama with high ratings was Money Flower and he got nominated for Baeksang (which in my understanding, is the most prestigious TV Award in Korea). Ratings is what it takes to get those nominations, imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I think the simplest explanation for JH not getting nominations is ratings. The last time he was in a drama with high ratings was Money Flower and he got nominated for Baeksang (which in my understanding, is the most prestigious TV Award in Korea). Ratings is what it takes to get those nominations, imo. 

I googled it and he actually was nominated for a Baeksang for The Merchant too :) But I was asking about the Korea Drama Awards. Why was he never nominated for that? I mean, he had shows with high ratings before, Chuno for one, but he was never nominated for that specific award show. Why? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I googled it and he actually was nominated for a Baeksang for The Merchant too :) But I was asking about the Korea Drama Awards. Why was he never nominated for that? I mean, he had shows with high ratings before, Chuno for one, but he was never nominated for that specific award show. Why? 

And The Merchant had good TV ratings (despite my dislike) I have no idea about that other award show. I haven’t really paid attention to it. 

• Like 1