11 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

A fan once told me that it is not an injury but something like a birthmark or mole  on the eye, called an eye freckle. 

here's the shower scene..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwMX_rFBucF/?igshid=1hn26gu4dkexy

How about real men's by the pool scenes? lol?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz8G5VNHoN6/?igshid=ux4egh6vhdbe

That's nice to know. Thx! 

@azureblue7 U r amazing, really. Lol. Oh, I forgot this smoking with chopsticks scene, can he be any cuter lol. But even hyukie cannot save that movie, it's that bad. I hope he'll another 40 episodes drama that is of rewatchable quality. 

Oh, real men is a gem, him in swimming gear is even more yummy lol. If only they are eng subbed. 

• Like 3

@Biology Lesson I agree on the chemistry between Jang Hyuk, Jang Nara and Lee Da Hae in Robbers (and also in a different way with PSD) but I also think we don’t give enough credit to the chemistry he had with Oh Yeon Seo in Shine or go crazy (even if its not my favorite drama) I also feel like he had nice chemistry with Park Se Young in Beautiful Mind and I liked them in some scenes in Money Flower. If only their story or the way it was handled had been different. I remember how much I liked the scene where they talked after he saw her swimming in that pool that looked like an aquarium. I don’t remember why there was so much tension between them then but I loved it (I think some secret was revealed then) Too bad nothing really came out of that. And I loved his chemistry with Lee Mi Sook but thats also of another kind. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I agree on the chemistry between Jang Hyuk, Jang Nara and Lee Da Hae in Robbers (and also in a different way with PSD) but I also think we don’t give enough credit to the chemistry he had with Oh Yeon Seo in Shine or go crazy (even if its not my favorite drama) I also feel like he had nice chemistry with Park Se Young in Beautiful Mind and I liked them in some scenes in Money Flower. If only their story or the way it was handled had been different. I remember how much I liked the scene where they talked after he saw her swimming in that pool that looked like an aquarium. I don’t remember why there was so much tension between them then but I loved it (I think some secret was revealed then) Too bad nothing really came out of that. And I loved his chemistry with Lee Mi Sook but thats also of another kind. 

I wasn't talking about chemistry, I was talking about an actress that touched the ML naturally, in situations where a touch would be expected in real life. There are many scenes in which the ML would be distraught, and the FL would be with him, and the moment would be perfect for a comforting touch or a soft kiss to the cheek, but the reluctance of the actress to touch would prevent her from acting naturally, and you felt it! He doesn't have to be distraught, but in those moments the reluctance it's jarring. The way LDH is stroking his hair and his face in that scene is very natural, but it's something that I rarely see in Kdramas.

So I thought about OYS from SOGC, but I disqualified her :). I disqualified her because of the scene in which WS put his head in her lap. That was an opportunity to stroke his hair or his face and make it feel natural. She did stroke his hair, but it felt forced, directed. No softness in it. Was there a scene in which she touched him in a way that didn't feel directed?

PSY in BM? Again, they had good chemistry there, actually much better than in MF, but I don't remember her touching JH naturally there. The way she acted made it feel like they didn't have sex, inspite of being in a relationship for years. So for me, she's out too! :) 

About LMS I agree. I don't think she was reluctant to touch him at all. I think if she was given the right excuse, they might have needed to restrain her :) I'm still angry we didn't get to see them as an actual couple, as I thought they would be in WOL! Instead they cast her as his mother ?! ugh... :blink: I think they could have been sizzling together.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Finally more news of 'The Swordsman' !

"It's impossible without Jang Hyuk."'The Swordsman,' confirmed to be released on September 17th.

The real chase action film "The Sword" (director Choi Jae-hoon) has confirmed its release on September 17.

"The Swordsman" is a real chase action film that begins when Tae-yul, the best swordsman in Joseon who turned his back on the world, raises his sword again to find his lost daughter after the deposed of Gwanghaegun. With the release confirmed on the 17th of next month, the film is expected to be released as a real swordsmanship action by actor Jang Hyuk, who has been recognized as the best actor in the field of action along with his bold acting.

Jang Hyuk, who has been playing the best action character in various times and backgrounds, will be performing in Joseon era this time, set during the chaotic period after the deposition of Gwanghaegun. Jang Hyuk played the role of Tae-yul, the best swordsman of Joseon, who turned his back on the world in a time when the most powerful swordsmen in neighboring powerful countries, including Joseon, were losing faith and suffering chaos. It was his daughter Tae-ok (played by Kim Hyun-soo) who woke him up again, when he wanted to cut ties with the world and live a normal life. When the Qing Dynasty's royal family and their people took his daughter away, he pulled back the sword he had decided never to catch.

The action using a sword, which has appeared in many historical dramas, was created in a new style that Jang had never seen before. In particular, Tae-yul's action of cutting down everything if he could save his daughter must contain not only his technical ability to handle the knife freely, but also his explosive emotions and enduring anger.

The production team praised Jang's action performance, saying, "Jang Hyuk was already able to act at the level beyond an action actor," adding, "The actor's pre-preparation for high-level swordsmanship action was perfect and his understanding was by far the best, so realistic action scenes like traditional period dramas and other war martial arts could be born."

Actor Jang Hyuk, already widely known for his talent and passion for action acting, performed his best in every cut of the scene, drawing enthusiastic applause from the martial arts director, stunt team and other field staff.

'The Swordsman' will be released on September 17.

202008200821779579_5f3db51e86632.jpg

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111418895

• Love 1
  • Thanks 4

@Biology Lesson I get you now! And yeah I can’t think of another actress touching him in such a natural way. What a waste! And yes please let Lee Mi Sook get away with what we can’t! Give us that drama! 

@Prettysup Awesome! So the release will go as planned. I know that SK is experiencing a second wave of Covid but I hope and pray they will contain it :heart:

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ding77 said:

@azureblue7 U r amazing, really.

I agree! @azureblue7always come to (my) rescue. Hahaha! When I need something or when I'm stucked with something...

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I also think we don’t give enough credit to the chemistry he had with Oh Yeon Seo in Shine or go crazy (even if its not my favorite drama)

Is it only me that didn't like their pairing in SOGC? I seemed to like the 2nd FL better. Never mind that she acted as an evil woman given the circumstances she grew up in the palace, but I kind of like her/WS scene together.

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I remember how much I liked the scene where they talked after he saw her swimming in that pool that looked like an aquarium. I don’t remember why there was so much tension between them then but I loved it (I think some secret was revealed then) Too bad nothing really came out of that.

Yup, I was hoping PJ would pull her close & hug her or tell her he love her. That would make his revenge even more difficult. Although MF is top on my list but the revenge looked too smooth sailing in a way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I agree! @azureblue7always come to (my) rescue. Hahaha! When I need something or when I'm stucked with something...

Is it only me that didn't like their pairing in SOGC? I seemed to like the 2nd FL better. Never mind that she acted as an evil woman given the circumstances she grew up in the palace, but I kind of like her/WS scene together.

I'm with u! Haha. I was shipping for WS and his queen. She was cool!  Got fed up with OSY's character in the later parts of the drama. She was more likeable as Gaebong lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Hear-hear! I still don't understand how she manages to find those clips in her account to quickly... Good for us! :) 

You are not the only one. I thought that pairing would have been so much sexier. But Kdramas don't usually allow dark female characters to be their main FL protagonist. It's always these peppy, sunshiney, goodey-two-shoes kinda characters. But I have to say, after seeing that actress acting in The fiery priest, I'm glad she wasn't given a bigger role in the SOGC... yikes! 

Yup, I was hoping PJ would pull her close & hug her or tell her he love her. That would make his revenge even more difficult. Although MF is top on my list but the revenge looked too smooth sailing in a way.

This is what I wanted! For PJ to lose his control. At least once! But he never did... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Opus pictures official Instagram finally updated after a hiatus of 3 years. Pls go give a like or comment on its Swordsman post  if u have an account, thanks !! 

Yeah!! Thanks! I see you have awakened again!!:love:

23 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Hear-hear! I still don't understand how she manages to find those clips in her account to quickly... Good for us!

Hahah! Just like how Pil Joo has his Yong Gu, I'm like him.. Just kidding. There's a collections feature in IG that I used to save my posts under different headings..yup..i have a JH library there.:joy: Not comprehensive though.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Ding77 said:

I'm with u! Haha. I was shipping for WS and his queen. She was cool!  Got fed up with OSY's character in the later parts of the drama. She was more likeable as Gaebong lol. 

I didn't like this FL actress from the get-go. The only time I thought she acted well was in Dong Yi in which she played Empress (later part of the drama) and her transformation from fierce to nice was noticeable.

And, I was just wondering if she did get a crush on JH (off set). I thought she acted unnatural during the Sunny interview. She was shy most of the time & didn't dare look at JH. Didn't this was how we might behave in school when we have a crush on someone? The boy next class perhaps...Lol...

And I would scream my lungs out if I talk to someone & she's fidgeting with her hair!!! OYS was figeting with her hair all the time during the Sunny interview.

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

This is what I wanted! For PJ to lose his control. At least once! But he never did... 

Me too! That would make the revenge harder to execute. But it was too smooth sailing. And that scene when NMH bid goodbye to PJ in his room, he held out his hand to hold hers, I was hopeful. But nothing happened. Another scene was the one which PJ bid her goodbye at her office before being sent to prison, she held out her hand to hold his. Please, it won't harm at that point to have a hug or a kiss.  :triumph:

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Just like how Pil Joo has his Yong Gu, I'm like him..

I felt sad in that scene. When both decided to not get in touch with each other anymore after that phone call.

And I felt even more sad when PJ was released from prison alone! No one came to pick him up! I thought the least is to get BC mistress to come pick him up, afterall PJ saved her life/her son life. At least come pick PJ up! Ok, I can go on & on....about MF.

• Like 3

On 8/19/2020 at 4:24 AM, Biology Lesson said:

I noticed that this type of scenes in Kdramas, in which the FL is touching the man in a loving and natural way, are actually very rare. Most of the times I noticed that the actresses are very reluctant to touch the actors. They usually will touch them as if they are directed to do it, not naturally. There are many  scenes in which the ML is crying or just in need of comfort, but because the actress is uncomfortable she doesn't act naturally and touch the ML to comfort him. Really annoying. I guess this comes from the same place of the stiff unresponsive kisses, that are so common in Kdramas... Of JH's partners, I think it was only LDH and JNR that felt natural, and maybe PSD too. In Robbers, LDH and JH really sold their characters being in love. Such good acting by both of them...

What pigmentation? I didn't notice... About his back near his waist- I thought I saw something in the shower scene in Thorn, but since I didn't see it again, I thought it was just a bruise... pictures please. This is a scientific study, after all... Very serious... -_-

Actually, kdrama might slowly be evolving.  Yesterday, I saw Flower of Evil and they even had a sex scene. Although, I think in Korean culture it's tougher and more complicated overall between couples with intimate scenes or just even interactions.  I mean even with just splitting Perilla leaves for someone of the opposite sex was something to debate about like you shouldn't, but like in the US we wouldn't even think anything of it.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup Awesome! So the release will go as planned. I know that SK is experiencing a second wave of Covid but I hope and pray they will contain it 

We still have one month to go before the release, I hope things will be alright by then. But no point worrying about it now, nobody knows what's going to happen anyway, so just concentrate on the promotion for the time being.

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yeah!! Thanks! I see you have awakened again!!

Haha yah, hope to see trailer soon

• Like 3
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Actually, kdrama might slowly be evolving.  Yesterday, I saw Flower of Evil and they even had a sex scene. Although, I think in Korean culture it's tougher and more complicated overall between couples with intimate scenes or just even interactions.  I mean even with just splitting Perilla leaves for someone of the opposite sex was something to debate about like you shouldn't, but like in the US we wouldn't even think anything of it.

Oh, I'm not talking about the scenes in kdramas in this case, but about the comfort level of the actresses themselves. I remember watching Hotel Del Luna, and I noticed that during the kiss scenes, while the actress was engaged in the kiss, you could see her entire body arching away from the actor. She was very clearly uncomfortable during those scenes. And I think this is where the cultural difference comes in, which I also think is responsible for why most kiss scenes in Kdramas are so wooden. It seems like many Korean actresses are very uncomfortable with any physical contact with the actors, even in physical contact that is scripted. So obviously they usually don't initiate contact themselves where a touch would be natural. Think about Sera in FTLY or KMJ in BM. The behavior of the actress made it feel like they were in a platonic relationship... So when I see an actress that is capable of behaving naturally with an actor, I appreciate it. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yeah!! Thanks! I see you have awakened again!!:love:

Hahah! Just like how Pil Joo has his Yong Gu, I'm like him.. 

Lol indeed you are our Yong Gu. Pls don't ever decide to never get in touch like what YG did to PJ. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

23 hours ago, Ding77 said:

There's a shower scene in Thorn? I must hv done too much ff. That movie is a mess! :blink: Talking abt shower scene, why must they always get the actors to do shower scenes, standing under the shower like they r in some deep thoughts! It's so redundant! I prefer changing clothes sth like Urban Cops, at least it's more natural. 

That movie is a mess, but the man is beautiful.  JH is sexy in this movie even just standing there doing nothing.  I'll rewatch this movie when I'm feeling:Cornykiss:lol.... 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1