12 hours ago, Ding77 said:

"snatch rice bowl of variety hosts" hahaha this a good one!! :joy: Our dear hyukie doesn't need to be a variety host, he just needs to make more dramas for us fans hehe. Pls come back to work already!! 

More for teasing purposes, like for example, if you're a hair stylist & you go & learn bakery to be a bakery chef, people tease you saying you want to snatch the rice bowl of those bakery chef. :lol:

But why is JH liking sausages so funny?! I swear I don't get Korean humor! The same as I didn't get why JH drinking hot latte is so funny...

I guess it's funny to CTH because JH seemed like a big kid. Sausage (as far as I know, are kids fav food, not all kids but most kids like sausages). So it probably humour CTH to see JH liking sausage so much (I guess). And we did see in DB he went for the sausages during the hotpot dinner at the balcony. Although he should cut down on sausage intake as it isn't a healthy food.

As for latte, I had read that koreans use the word "latte" even for drinks that aren't coffee/tea. Fruit latte is one example. So who knows, perhaps JH did order a latte once & it turned out fruit drink? Lol...quite possible since he can't differentiate between (can't remember what drink now in DB that they laughed hard at the cafe).

he did get angry at a certain point in Dragon club, so I don't know for sure...

Pardon my failing memory but I think he got annoyed when they teased him non stop at the thai restaurant. As I said before, we may be the best of friends but there's a limit as to what one should say & one should'nt say in front of the camera. Any one of us (not just celebrities) would not want the mistakes of our youth to be broadcasted & amplified. But that guy from GOD went on & on non stop until JH had to say enough, he's now a father of 3 children. It's obvious JH wasn't feeling comfortable when his ignorance of how to use the plaster went on & on...

JH looks most beautiful in Robbers.

I don't like his look in Robbers. I thought he was skinny. I prefer him to have more meat...like in MF. :tounge_wink:

10 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie This method of preparing the coffee is what I refer to as “vietnamese coffee” https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese_iced_coffee

Thank you! I must ask my SIL to make for me to try. Lol... 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, budgerie said:

More for teasing purposes, like for example, if you're a hair stylist & you go & learn bakery to be a bakery chef, people tease you saying you want to snatch the rice bowl of those bakery chef. :lol:

I guess it's funny to CTH because JH seemed like a big kid. Sausage (as far as I know, are kids fav food, not all kids but most kids like sausages). So it probably humour CTH to see JH liking sausage so much (I guess). And we did see in DB he went for the sausages during the hotpot dinner at the balcony.

As for latte, I had read that koreans use the word "latte" even for drinks that aren't coffee/tea. Fruit latte is one example. So who knows, perhaps JH did order a latte once & it turned out fruit drink? Lol...quite possible since he can't differentiate between (can't remember what drink now in DB that they laughed hard at the cafe).

Pardon my failing memory but I think he got annoyed when they teased him non stop at the thai restaurant. As I said before, we may be the best of friends but there's a limit as to what one should say & one should'nt say in front of the camera. Any one of us (not just celebrities) would not want the mistakes of our youth to be broadcasted & amplified. But that guy from GOD went on & on non stop until JH had to say enough, he's now a father of 3 children. It's obvious JH wasn't feeling comfortable when his ignorance of how to use the plaster went on & on...

I don't like his look in Robbers. I thought he was skinny. I prefer him to have more meat...like in MF. :tounge_wink:

Yes, I got your humour in the rice bowl, think that explains what CTH meant in DB on JH doing variety show. It was funny too how he continued eating the sausages cos he quit instant coffee for health purpose and yet eating sausages like a kid? :joy:

He got his latte and CTH's vanilla latte wrong. I was like wow he must be a coffee expert to so easily identify vanilla latte. His friends were amazed too, but it turned out he was wrong and started laughing suddenly. I just love his laugh, it's so cute and I was laughing along with him. Lol

Maybe I'm in the minority who prefer him looking lean. Love his looks in The Giant Veteran. :kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

It was funny too how he continued eating the sausages cos he quit instant coffee for health purpose and yet eating sausages like a kid? :joy:

Actually at that time when I watched the programme, I literally counted how many sausages he ate. It was good he went down to the kitchen to get veg so the rest of the guys have a chance to munch on sausages as well & he still complain that he put in lots of sausages but none left. Lol.

14 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

He got his latte and CTH's vanilla latte wrong. I was like wow he must be a coffee expert to so easily identify vanilla latte. His friends were amazed too, but it turned out he was wrong and started laughing suddenly. I just love his laugh, it's so cute and I was laughing along with him. Lol

Me too! I was like wow, he's a coffee expert so quickly can tell the diff between vanilla latte & his latte. Turned out he thought it was vanilla latte due to the foam on top of the coffee. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Ding77 said:

Yes, I got your humour in the rice bowl, think that explains what CTH meant in DB on JH doing variety show. It was funny too how he continued eating the sausages cos he quit instant coffee for health purpose and yet eating sausages like a kid? :joy:

Well, he said he doesn't diet as he works out constantly. He just cut down on harmful chemicals, not foodstuff.

1 hour ago, Ding77 said:

Again, why would recognizing Vanilla latte be such an achievement?! :blink: Wouldn't Vanilla latte have a distinct smell of vanilla, that would make it easy to recognize?! Coffee drinkers have a whole world of things I cannot understand... :D

1 hour ago, Ding77 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority who prefer him looking lean. Love his looks in The Giant Veteran. :kiss_wink:

I'm with you. I actually didn't like his look in MF that much (Nor did I like those ugly coats he constantly wore). And I was actually surprised by CTH saying to JH in that clip "Don't say that with your handsome face", cause at that moment JH didn't look that handsome to me. He obviously wasn't trying to be with that hat and everything :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

10 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Well, he said he doesn't diet as he works out constantly. He just cut down on harmful chemicals, not foodstuff.

Again, why would recognizing Vanilla latte be such an achievement?! :blink: Wouldn't Vanilla latte have a distinct smell of vanilla, that would make it easy to recognize?! Coffee drinkers have a whole world of things I cannot understand... :D

I'm with you. I actually didn't like his look in MF that much (Nor did I like those ugly coats he constantly wore). And I was actually surprised by CTH saying to JH in that clip "Don't say that with your handsome face", cause at that moment JH didn't look that handsome to me. He obviously wasn't trying to be with that hat and everything :) 

Well, sausage is very unhealthy and cancer-causing, i would think if someone stopped taking pre-mixed instant coffee for health reason, then he should not be loving sausages so much. No? :sweatingbullets:

By just looking, I can never tell the difference between latte and vanilla latte or even a cappuccino which is supposed to be darker. He was so confident without even smelling or tasting, I'd say it was such a feat, if only he got them right! But well, he was wrong haha. I was laughing so hard also. So I don't blame the guys. Sorry, hyukie. Lol. 

Chubby or lean, he has a handsome face, obviously the most good looking one in DB, so being handsome and funny is a bonus right? Haha. But I really like JH's face, and his physique. Though not tall, he is well proportioned, that's why he looks "good" in even the weirdest clothes they put him in, like the bad jeans in RM. I know I'm biased, I think he's the most handsome k-actor. B):P

• Like 4
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Well, sausage is very unhealthy and cancer-causing, i would think if someone stopped taking pre-mixed instant coffee for health reason, then he should not be loving sausages so much. No? :sweatingbullets:

Not sure about cancer causing. This is something that can be said about anything. Also, some say that frying is also cancer causing, and barbeque or even milk! I guess JH just looked at the things that he does that are redundant and distinctly harmful and removed them.

By just looking, I can never tell the difference between latte and vanilla latte or even a cappuccino which is supposed to be darker. He was so confident without even smelling or tasting, I'd say it was such a feat, if only he got them right! But well, he was wrong haha. I was laughing so hard also. So I don't blame the guys. Sorry, hyukie. Lol. 

He tends to do that. Say something in complete confidence when he actually has no idea. Like recognizing a certain root in Family outing. Don't know why he does that, but it is amusing :) Just say you don't know! 

Chubby or lean, he has a handsome face, obviously the most good looking one in DB, so being handsome and funny is a bonus right? Haha. But I really like JH's face, and his physique. Though not tall, he is well proportioned, that's why he looks "good" in even the weirdest clothes they put him in, like the bad jeans in RM. I know I'm biased, I think he's the most handsome k-actor. B):P

It's odd, but at times I can't see that he's handsome. It's like that I just see JH, personality and all, not just his face :). It takes a really special look to make me go "oh..." like this look- 

Jang Hyuk - Jang Hyuk Photos - 2018 Mnet Asian Music Awards Fans ...

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

@Ding77 @Biology Lesson Actually me too. I love his current look in Hometown flex and Giant Veteran. Looks like Oh joon in robber but not so lean. 

Sooo, why is he going to show up again?? :ilike:

I agree with u. He'll probably look old if he becomes as thin as Oh Joon now. Yeahhhh how come no news of new drama? :dissapointed_relieved: Can someone pls go complain on his ig that we are crying here and there waiting since TMWYS finished. Hmmpphhh :tears:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Not sure about cancer causing. This is something that can be said about anything. Also, some say that frying is also cancer causing, and barbeque or even milk! I guess JH just looked at the things that he does that are redundant and distinctly harmful and removed them.

Sausage is one of the unhealthiest food. It's loaded with harmful chemicals and microorganisms(common in many processed animal sourced food items) . High temperature deep frying is bad but surface frying on lower temperatures is safer. Charred food is  delicious but cancerous and I noticed JH&friends(and other Korean celebrities too) use aluminium foil to barbeque their meat.:grimace:

Milk from a happy, freely grazing, naturally conceiving, A2 cow is heavenly (both for health and tastebuds) but from abused, captivated, forcefully impregnated, hormones injected cow is toxic and main reason of many modern health issues.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, Ding77 said:

I agree with u. He'll probably look old if he becomes as thin as Oh Joon now. Yeahhhh how come no news of new drama? :dissapointed_relieved: Can someone pls go complain on his ig that we are crying here and there waiting since TMWYS finished. Hmmpphhh :tears:

You think today his weight is higher than when he did Oh Joon? I'm not sure... I think Oh Joon was more muscular, but he didn't look too thin to me... but thin is a bit of a subjective word. I think talking about muscle mass and fat percentage is maybe more accurate. I think his muscle mass was the highest during Chuno, where he worked a lot on weights. But his regular workout is focused more on stamina and speed, not strength, so his usual muscle mass in not that high (is it possible that Koreans weight charts are different than those of westerners?!). I was actually shocked to learned that he weighs 65 kg today. That's low... But we also know that during BP his weight was even lower than that- 63 kg, but I think that his muscle mass was higher, so his fat percentage in BP was very low... And that look I didn't like. In BP he did look kinda old... 

In MF I'm guessing his muscle mass was his usual, but his fat percentage was not so low. You can see he has very slight love handles while he's changing in Dragon club :) . That's the heaviest that I ever saw him; after the army that is. 

But what is the most important thing here is that for me to analyse his weight like that is completely ridiculous! I blame that too on his long break! Makes me bored... We should add that to our complaint- that it makes us talk about odd things, like: fat percentage, latte vs. americano and sausages... :crymeme:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Look at him in Giant Veteran... ding hao! Ding Hao!

:glee:

download-2.jpg

Love this angle. Very good! :kiss_wink:

33 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

You think today his weight is higher than when he did Oh Joon? I'm not sure... I think Oh Joon was more muscular, but he didn't look too thin to me... but thin is a bit of a subjective word. I think talking about muscle mass and fat percentage is maybe more accurate. I think his muscle mass was the highest during Chuno, where he worked a lot on weights. But his regular workout is focused more on stamina and speed, not strength, so his usual muscle mass in not that high (is it possible that Koreans weight charts are different than those of westerners?!). I was actually shocked to learned that he weighs 65 kg today. That's low... But we also know that during BP his weight was even lower than that- 63 kg, but I think that his muscle mass was higher, so his fat percentage in BP was very low... And that look I didn't like. In BP he did look kinda old... 

In MF I'm guessing his muscle mass was his usual, but his fat percentage was not so low. You can see he has very slight love handles while he's changing in Dragon club :) . That's the heaviest that I ever saw him; after the army that is. 

But what is the most important thing here is that for me to analyse his weight like that is completely ridiculous! I blame that too on his long break! Makes me bored... We should add that to our complaint- that it makes us talk about odd things, like: fat percentage, latte vs. americano and sausages... 

Korean charts are different from western's? I hv no idea but Asians are generally smaller built. 

Hmm I am not sure if his current weight is higher than Oh Joon's, he could be all muscles at that time in Robbers, TY, Tazza, Chuno, and muscles are heavy. One person may weigh the same at 63 kg but look a lot leaner when he's all muscles. His body looked rock hard, like it was all skin and muscles only. His body looked nicer in FTLY and Iris2, lean but not too much. Think he was most meaty in DB, probably more than 65 then. For his height, I think 65 is a healthy weight, right? Also, he is of slight built so no, I wasn't surprised he weighs 65 at 174.5 cm tall. Shouldn't take away his 0.5 cm, right? Lol. I watched another show before and the guy was over 180 cm and when he got on the scale fully clothed, he was 63 kg only! That is a bit too thin but he looked alright on screen too. Poor celebrities, they hv to be on the thin side to look good on screen. Luckily for JH, he looks good meaty or lean, at least to his fans lol. 

Yeah, this is indeed a long long wait. :sleepy:

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Korean charts are different from western's? I hv no idea but Asians are generally smaller built. 

I did a search, and ran into a weight chart for indians, so I think that there are different weight charts for different nationalities.

Hmm I am not sure if his current weight is higher than Oh Joon's, he could be all muscles at that time in Robbers, TY, Tazza, Chuno, and muscles are heavy. One person may weigh the same at 63 kg but look a lot leaner when he's all muscles. His body looked rock hard, like it was all skin and muscles only. His body looked nicer in FTLY and Iris2, lean but not too much. Think he was most meaty in DB, probably more than 65 then. For his height, I think 65 is a healthy weight, right? Also, he is of slight built so no, I wasn't surprised he weighs 65 at 174.5 cm tall. Shouldn't take away his 0.5 cm, right? Lol. I watched another show before and the guy was over 180 cm and when he got on the scale fully clothed, he was 63 kg only! That is a bit too thin but he looked alright on screen too. Poor celebrities, they hv to be on the thin side to look good on screen. Luckily for JH, he looks good meaty or lean, at least to his fans lol. 

The thing is that muscle weighs more than fat, so a fit muscular man, would weigh more than a thin man or the same as a slightly chubby man. To me 65 kg for his height sounds very low. I checked in one of the charts I found for men, and for a man whose height is 175 m, 65 kg in indeed underweight. So for a fit muscular man, that's even more underweight. Now if you are telling me that you saw another man (korean?) whose height is 180 cm and he was 63 kg, than for sure koreans have different weight charts! 

Physically, the only time JH looked chubby to me was in his pictures before the army.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

The thing is that muscle weighs more than fat, so a fit muscular man, would weigh more than a thin man or the same as a slightly chubby man. To me 65 kg for his height sounds very low. I checked in one of the charts I found for men, and for a man whose height is 175 m, 65 kg in indeed underweight. So for a fit muscular man, that's even more underweight. Now if you are telling me that you saw another man (korean?) whose height is 180 cm and he was 63 kg, than for sure koreans have different weight charts! 

Physically, the only time JH looked chubby to me was in his pictures before the army.

Ah nope, the guy is a c-actor zhang han, i just googled, he's 183 cm and weighs 63 kg. I was looking for a romcom to watch and my dad mentioned "Boss and Me" was good and the drama was eng subbed on YouTube. So I gave it a try, not bad. The FL was cute too. But I think JH would do a better job if he were to do the role of the boss. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Ding77 said:

Ah nope, the guy is a c-actor zhang han, i just googled, he's 183 cm and weighs 63 kg. I was looking for a romcom to watch and my dad mentioned "Boss and Me" was good and the drama was eng subbed on YouTube. So I gave it a try, not bad. The FL was cute too. But I think JH would do a better job if he were to do the role of the boss. :lol:

The female lead is good in some other drama as well but I find the actor's acting is the same expression this role, that role & another role. :(

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, budgerie said:

The female lead is good in some other drama as well but I find the actor's acting is the same expression this role, that role & another role. :(

Really? Lol. Somebody mentioned sth like it's not like JH is the only actor who can act, but it seems to be quite true for me. :lol:

• LOL 5

10 hours ago, Ding77 said:

Really? Lol. Somebody mentioned sth like it's not like JH is the only actor who can act, but it seems to be quite true for me. :lol:

It's me who mentioned that when I tried recommending friends to watch JH drama, some of them made me  sound as though JH is the only actor in this universe who can act which isn't my thought. They just don't buy that he's a super good actor so I reckon that this is very individual/subjective/personal taste & preference.

My cousin likes Zhang Han (the actor for Boss & Me) so to her, his acting is better than JH & every drama of his is good. :blink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1