Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, corey said:

I've seen bits and pieces. The one in which he smacks a guy whith such a force that the guy is literally blown off-screen?

 

That interview was actually very interesting to me as it shone a light on JH professionally. It revealed to me how he works, and his interaction with production. This was the interview in which I found out that before JH accepts a show, he first will sit with the production and list his "demands" work wise. Like in Chuno he asked for control over his fighting scenes. To me that was fascinating cause I wondered how he was able to maintain good working relations with the production while being so assertive on set. 

 

Quote

One that he is asked to pass a message to his wife (he was going away on location to shoot a drama).

 

And to tell you the truth, I am not interested. I am not interested in his private life. Of course I appreciate he is a great person, devoted husband and dedicated father, gentle, hard working, loyal to his friends. But I do not necessary need to know all these things to appreciate his work, do I?

There are lots of short clips on you tube showing the "net worth, lifestyle, car, girlfriend" of actors and JH also has one, and I was never tempted to watch.

 

I love his work, I love his creations, but I am just not interested in his private life.

 

If you are not interested, than you are not interested :) I won't argue with that. I guess you are not interested in any variety or reality shows either, right?

 

I will say that one thing that I like about JH is that he mostly keeps his private life, private. As you probably know, there are no pictures of his wife (except maybe three from their wedding) or children online. His wife never accompanies him to any industry event. Ever. JH is very strict about that. When he's asked about his private life, he will answer, but that's about it. This is why I actually don't like it when people discuss his marriage or children.

 

For me, the various shows he did help me better understand his professional choices. For instance, recently you spoke about the uglifying of JH, and I can say that reading his interviews it's clear to me that JH is the one that is responsible for the uglification of some of his characters, as he said that his face prevented him from obtaining roles he wanted. So I gleaned a lot of professional information from those interviews and shows.

But, as I said before, it was only after I saw The dragon club that I officially called myself a JH fan. Beside his acting talent, I also came to admire his dedication and self management. I can actually say that I've been inspired by him personally as I actually took up boxing, as I like the idea of exercising and obtaining a skill (also, if it will allow me to eat like he does, even better :) ), and also I started to wake up at 6:00 every day and go out for a walk. So, to me, JH's personality is part of the reason why I'm his fan...

 

But again, for each his own... :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

 

That interview was actually very interesting to me as it shone a light on JH professionally. It revealed to me how he works, and his interaction with production. This was the interview in which I found out that before JH accepts a show, he first will sit with the production and list his "demands" work wise. Like in Chuno he asked for control over his fighting scenes. To me that was fascinating cause I wondered how he was able to maintain good working relations with the production while being so assertive on set.

 

I would definitely watch such an interview! I am very interested in his working process. Like - who as the most say over the final character - like the discussion we had about the LYO - or whose idea it was the in SOGC JH acted like LG in FTLY. Yes, this is fascinating. Maybe I should blame my short atetntion span, but in the interview posted by @The Reel Life the interviewers said - "the topic of today's interview is ten symbols of longevity" and then the guests arrived and I  thought, I am soooo not interested in symbols of longevity. Maybe it is the style of interviewing that puts me off, I can't quite put my finger into it.

 

16 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

If you are not interested, than you are not interested :) I won't argue with that. I guess you are not interested in any variety or reality shows either, right?

 

I still want to see the Real Men, but I cannot find it online...

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, corey said:

 

I would definitely watch such an interview! I am very interested in his working process. Like - who as the most say over the final character - like the discussion we had about the LYO - or whose idea it was the in SOGC JH acted like LG in FTLY. Yes, this is fascinating.

 

Than watch the episode, it's a really interesting interview, though in the beginning it is more about messing with JH. But this was the first interview in which I saw JH is not as soft and gentle as he come across sometimes- he seemed sharp, intense and a bit scary. It was HWASIN: CONTROLLER OF THE HEART EPISODE 15. There are subtitles, but only for the first half the episode...

 

13 minutes ago, corey said:

 

Maybe I should blame my short atetntion span, but in the interview posted by @The Reel Life the interviewers said - "the topic of today's interview is ten symbols of longevity" and then the guests arrived and I  thought, I am soooo not interested in symbols of longevity. Maybe it is the style of interviewing that puts me off, I can't quite put my finger into it.

I will admit that when I first saw that interview I simply skipped to the JH parts. Here, I will bump you to one of my favorite parts, of JH hilariously lying :) but there are several other funny/interesting moments...

 

13 minutes ago, corey said:

I still want to see the Real Men, but I cannot find it online...

You can find Real men on YouTube. All the episodes are there. This is the first time he showed, and here you simply flow with the episodes, though there actually is translation of ep 9-10 on some sites..

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

 

I will admit that when I first saw that interview I simply skipped to the JH parts. Here, I will bump you to one of my favorite parts, of JH hilariously lying :) but there are several other funny/interesting moments...

 

Ha ha, I watched a bit. The funniest moment was when the interviewer asked JH if he wanted to ask him anything and JH said no.... Also - Did you notice JH's body language? The interviewer was constantly leaning towards him and JH was backing away as much as he could without appearing to be rude.. And also gently rocking from side to side as we had noticed before.. After watching this bit I have a feeling that he honestly hates interviews and only does it because it is required of him because of the promotion of his shows....Or at least hates this one... That is why he is fooling around and telling fibs... but deep in his heart he would rather be at home with his family....

 

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

 

You can find Real men on YouTube. All the episodes are there. This is the first time he showed, and here you simply flow with the episodes, though there actually is translation of ep 9-10 on some sites..

 

 

I ca't believe I did not find it , I was actually looking  for in on youtube....thank you

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, corey said:

Ha ha, I watched a bit. The funniest moment was when the interviewer asked JH if he wanted to ask him anything and JH said no.... Also - Did you notice JH's body language? The interviewer was constantly leaning towards him and JH was backing away as much as he could without appearing to be rude.. And also gently rocking from side to side as we had noticed before.. After watching this bit I have a feeling that he honestly hates interviews and only does it because it is required of him because of the promotion of his shows....Or at least hates this one... That is why he is fooling around and telling fibs... but deep in his heart he would rather be at home with his family....

 

I didn't notice him backing away. He is kinda leaning away from him... :) JH often says he is rather reserved, and one of the funny thing some of us noticed is that people tend to touch him, within minutes of meeting him. It's just something about him...

I agree that JH doesn't like interviews, or at least the overly happy, funny interviews. You might notice that here at a certain point, he actually says that he is finished with his part and that this is exhausting. The requirement to be funny clearly tires him as he is naturally serious. Later in the interview you see him going serious. It's clear he was seriously apologizing to one of the MCs he met in a show in the past. I noticed that also in the interview in Radio Star. It was clear that he was making an effort in the beginning to be funny, and then, after a while, he subsided to his serious self... 

1 minute ago, corey said:

 

 

 

I ca't believe I did not find it , I was actually looking  for in on youtube....thank you

No problem. The lack of subs is a bit annoying, but it's still quite interesting

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha thanks @Biology Lesson for posting the specific JH section of Happy Together. @corey it’s fine if you didn’t enjoy the show, to each their own. I personally enjoyed it hehe. I like seeing JH’s light hearted side and unintentional humor, it helps me connect with him as an actor beyond just what I see in shows and that’s my preference! But I understand some people prefer to just appreciate their direct acting works. Like @Biology Lesson what I get mostly from his interviews and variety shows is actually not just the “fun bits”, but they are actually insights into how he is as an Individual which Shines light on his professional decisions - it gives me context as to why he chooses certain works or characters, and how he views his craft, which is very fascinating. Perhaps, if you don’t enjoy variety, you should really still watch his interviews (eg. Promos for shows or post show interviews). These will give you the most insights into his work ethics and mindset and for me, I enjoy the process of him working towards the outcomes (drama and movie works) just as much as the works itself, because it is that process and thinking that breathe life into his works. 
 

unfortunately we can’t Link IG posts anymore, because some of @azureblue7’s older IG posts contain so so many interviews he’s done! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biology Lesson @corey If you guys ever find a trip JH made to California, USA years ago. That program was amaaaaazingggg! Viki had it subtitled but then they pulled it. I have not been able to find it again but it was such a great trip, it was JH alone, only talking with the person filming who was really good. JH was really comfortable and he was allowed to talk and make observations all he wanted. This is the interview that allowed me to “see” his true self for the first time. I loved one interesting/childlike observation he made when he was looking at the sea lions and he said, I suppose all sea lions from all parts of the world speak the same language right? Wouldn’t that be great if we (humans) were the same? That was so adorable! He said is so casually, like a kid and it was also kinda deep imo but not pretentious. That’s just how he is. I think that’s when I fell in love with him. I used to say what @corey said, because I rarely ever cared about celebrities in real life or personal life, but JH is an exception. I don’t care to know about his private life (and he doesn’t want us to care either) but I care about him, his thoughts, etc. He is an interesting guy, if one pays attention. But yes I remember the time when I was content to just admire his acting and characters (because he is that good, it could be enough) but Gumi kinda forced me to pay attention to the behind the scenes person too and that only made me like him more (although I was initially surprised at the contrast with his on screen persona) Another good interview to watch is his appearance in “Healing camp” 

 

Besides IG, I invite you to explore my blog Stuck on Hyuk, there are some old interviews translated by Gumi that were very interesting. 
 

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/category/interviews/

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Besides IG, I invite you to explore my blog Stuck on Hyuk, there are some old interviews translated by Gumi that were very interesting. 
 

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/category/interviews/

yes the good old stuck on Hyuk blog! I spent so much time there reading the articles and postings after watching Money Flower lol. 
 

another good fangirl  article too @corey

https://thefangirlverdict.com/2013/04/19/admiring-ogling-jang-hyuk/#more-2705

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson @corey If you guys ever find a trip JH made to California, USA years ago. That program was amaaaaazingggg! Viki had it subtitled but then they pulled it. I have not been able to find it again but it was such a great trip, it was JH alone, only talking with the person filming who was really good. JH was really comfortable and he was allowed to talk and make observations all he wanted. This is the interview that allowed me to “see” his true self for the first time. I loved one interesting/childlike observation he made when he was looking at the sea lions and he said, I suppose all sea lions from all parts of the world speak the same language right? Wouldn’t that be great if we (humans) were the same? That was so adorable! He said is so casually, like a kid and it was also kinda deep imo but not pretentious. That’s just how he is.

I have seen it online, but the subs are in Chinese I think, so I haven't watched it... This is the first part posted on YouTube

 

Quote

Another good interview to watch is his appearance in “Healing camp” 

That's a great interview, and it actually was uploaded with eng subs, but for some reason it was pulled.. 

 

Quote

Besides IG, I invite you to explore my blog Stuck on Hyuk, there are some old interviews translated by Gumi that were very interesting. 
 

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/category/interviews/

Yep, great site very informative! :) 

 

Until we get the episode with subs, I saw some pics and clips from today's episode and JH seem to have been extra cute in it :) Even more than usual. The production actually put a puppy picture behind him when he was smiling after failing to recognize a soup(?!) Strange game...  All in all it looks like the guys were having fun- 

I will leave you with that image for now :) 

Image

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

:heart2:The chinese subs to Hometown Flex is out at http://www.bilibili.com/video/av243798255

 

aww so jealous maybe i should look it up in viet at this rate.  Lol, the part where girl got his autograph was funny.  Who would of thought of all his dramas bc of WOL.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

:heart2:The chinese subs to Hometown Flex is out at http://www.bilibili.com/video/av243798255

 

But what about the English ones?! :tears: I saw there is a TV channel that will be also airing the show, and that channel is in English...  

 

6 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

aww so jealous maybe i should look it up in viet at this rate.  Lol, the part where girl got his autograph was funny.  Who would of thought of all his dramas bc of WOL.

Why was the girl getting his autograph funny? I noticed they were laughing at that and couldn't understand why...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But what about the English ones?! :tears: I saw there is a TV channel that will be also airing the show, and that channel is in English...  

 

Why was the girl getting his autograph funny? I noticed they were laughing at that and couldn't understand why...

I haven't seen any for English yet.

 

She left and went away when he stood up.  They joke it look like he was using his martial arts and scare her away.

  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

I haven't seen any for English yet.

 

She left and went away when he stood up.  They joke it look like he was using his martial arts and scare her away.

Looking at JH in the show, I was trying to find a way to define him... I mean he is so smiley and laid back, and so quirky, that he makes everyone around him smile at him softly. And then I'm trying to think how that guy manages to produce this guy?

Image

 

The Hometown flex show looks like fun, but, I guess like @corey,  I'd much rather see JH in more professional shows, where it's OK for him to be serious and maybe show a bit more of the real intense him. I'd love it if in the next show he does, his work process will be documented. I'd love to see that...

 

Oh, and by the way, the other variety show that JH filmed is called Giant Veteran, and essentially it's about a group of celebrities trying to lose weight. I guess they came to JH's gym to train with him. That show doesn't have subs, from what I saw... 

If this is how they train, I don't see them losing weight any time soon...

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lee Seung Gi And Cha Tae Hyun Meet Up With Lee Si Eon, Simon Dominic, And Jang Hyuk To Explore Their Hometown Of Busan

Jul 13, 2020
by S. Cho
 

Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun explored the city of Busan with Simon Dominic, Jang Hyuk, and Lee Si Eon on “Hometown Flex”!

 

tvN’s “Hometown Flex” is a new variety program that follows Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun around various cities in Korea as they meet up with celebrities who grew up there to help introduce them to the area.

 

On the July 12 premiere, Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun took the KTX to Busan Station where they met up with Busan locals Simon Dominic, Jang Hyuk, and Lee Si Eon. The producing director (PD) explained the program to them saying, “‘Hometown Flex’ is a variety program where local representatives take Seoul natives around various cities and show off what the cities have to offer.”

 

The Busan natives were asked to speak in their Busan dialect and Jang Hyuk explained, “It’s awkward. I used to use it really well, but after living in Seoul for 26 years, my dialect ends up turning into Seoul speech.” He continued, “The Busan dialect depends on your generation. Once you learn the emotion, you get the feel for it.” Simon Dominic jokingly commented, “How can you explain the dialect so well…when you aren’t very good at it?”

 

Jang Hyuk later suggested pork and rice soup for their first meal, and the group headed off to his favorite restaurant. However, they were surprised by the producers’ sudden proposal of a competition, with only the winning team being able to eat, making Simon Dominic comment, “If I knew it was like this, I wouldn’t have joined this program.”

 

Despite having suggested the restaurant, Jang Hyuk got the first quiz wrong, and only Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun were given the chance to eat.

 

15.jpg

After eating, the group officially began their trip around Busan. Simon Dominic shared, “I didn’t know much while living in Busan. I never went to Haeundae and didn’t really go to the Gwangan beach, but after working in Seoul, I began to miss Busan.”

 

Their first stop was Taejongdae, a natural park in Busan with cliffs overlooking the sea. Despite the heat warning, Jang Hyuk insisted on a hot latte, and Lee Seung Gi commented with a laugh, “I feel so secure going with locals.” However, as they strenuously climbed the steps, Cha Tae Hyun exclaimed, “I’m not letting you guys get away with this if the view isn’t amazing.”

 

For lunch, the producers gave them a mission to get chopsticks from the store on the cliff. With a three-set seafood meal on the line, the Seoul team won once again. They even won the next mission and teased the Busan team by saying, “We want to stop eating. We’re so full.”

 

Through a special opportunity, Simon Dominic finally got to eat, and he suggested that Jang Hyuk and Lee Si Eon eat with him. While they were eating, Lee Si Eon talked about his admiration for Jang Hyuk while growing up, sharing, “I really wanted to become like you. In my neighborhood, there were always so many rumors about you having lived there.”

 

After visiting a cafe overlooking the Yeongdo District at Lee Si Eon’s request, the group head to the Pusan National University Station. Simon Dominic explained his connection with the place saying, “When I was in 8th grade, I went to a live bar in Busan,” crediting the owner there for getting him into breakdancing and rap.

 

The live bar turned into a non-alcoholic nightclub one day, and Simon Dominic shared that he stopped visiting. He also talked about always practicing his rap under the bridge beside Busan Station, and he put on a performance of “Simon Dominic,” which he created in his hometown.

 

After a mini fan sign under the bridge, Simon Dominic visited the club where he ran into the bar owner he mentioned earlier. Seeing him for the first time in 20 years, he honestly revealed, “When I was younger, I was so upset that the live bar turned into a non-alcoholic nightclub.”

 

Greeting many others from his past for the first time in 20 years, Simon Dominic shed some tears one of the part-time workers at the time commented, “I still remember clearly the Ki Seok (Simon Dominic’s birth name) who opened the door and walked in.”

tvN’s “Hometown Flex” airs on Sundays at 10:50 p.m. KST.

 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1412374wpp/lee-seung-gi-and-cha-tae-hyun-meet-up-with-lee-si-eon-simon-dominic-and-jang-hyuk-to-explore-their-hometown-of-busan

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say, the more I'm seeing clips of Hometown Flex, the more CTH is annoying me. He's literally acting like JH is embarrassing him, but at the same time makes it a point to embarrass JH <_<. This is not the first time I'm seeing this behavior from him... JH has the patience of a saint! 

  • Unamused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I have to say, the more I'm seeing clips of Hometown Flex, the more CTH is annoying me. He's literally acting like JH is embarrassing him, but at the same time makes it a point to embarrass JH <_<. This is not the first time I'm seeing this behavior from him... JH has the patience of a saint! 

Wait did you watch with sub already?  Can you send me english sub if you find it because sometime translation can be off.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Wait did you watch with sub already?  Can you send me english sub if you find it because sometime translation can be off.

 I haven't seen with English sub yet. I'm waiting like you :)  It's just from the clips we've seen already. I don't need translation to see that CTH is making fun of JH... I guess it's the same problem I had with their appearances in Family outing and The dragon club. That a lot of the humor is to make fun of people, and, more specifically, JH. Also, I don't like the games they played in Hometown flex, without preparing the guests "if you don't win, you don't get to eat"... They play that a lot in variety shows, don't they? I guess this is why JH said in one of the clips that the show is cruel...

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

 I haven't seen with English sub yet. I'm waiting like you :)  It's just from the clips we've seen already. I guess it's the same problem I had with their appearances in Family outing and The dragon club. That a lot of the humor is to make fun of people, and, more specifically, JH. Also, I don't like the games they played in Hometown flex, without preparing the guests "if you don't win, you don't get to eat"... They play that a lot in variety shows, don't they? I guess this is why JH said in one of the clips that the show is cruel...

 

Yea they do play that a lot in more active and funny shows.  I'm not surprise because when I first read the description it did say there would be games.  JH may fit better with 3 Meals a Day.  It's more relax and guest don't do much unless they want to and he can learn.  The new show House on Wheels has guy he kiss feet with in Chuno also relaxing and just nice chitchat.

 

They tease him, but like with fan signing as you can see like his Busan dongsaeng also comforted him when fan first left.  One gave him massage and other touch his arm.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Yea they do play that a lot in more active and funny shows.  I'm not surprise because when I first read the description it did say there would be games.  JH may fit better with 3 Meals a Day.  It's more relax and guest don't do much unless they want to and he can learn.  The new show House on Wheels has guy he kiss feet with in Chuno also relaxing and just nice chitchat.

 

It's funny, I just saw a link to 3 Meals a Day, and that's exactly what I thought- that that might be a better show for JH. I saw one episode of that and it seems really mellow and allows the participants to talk. The other show also sounds nice, JH likes that guy too... Any show that doesn't have CTH or Jong Kook would be just fine with me... 

 

12 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

They tease him, but like with fan signing as you can see like his Busan dongsaeng also comforted him when fan first left.  One gave him massage and other touch his arm.   

Oh, I actually didn't have a problem with the rest of the guys, I especially liked the dynamics between the Busan guys. They look to have connected really fast.  I also noticed how nice they were in that bit :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...