Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm confused- what does this update mean? 

I looked at the trailer of the movie "In the mood for love" and this is a romantic Hong-Kong movie. The trailer told me nothing about the plot except for that.

His update means nothing(like always). :w00t:

No need to worry about plot thing of this movie because director is known for working without script.  He spends many years to develop his each work and then shoots for another couple of years in impromptu manner. It must be challenging to work with him because besides lack of script actors never know how much screentime they will have in the final product. :crazymad:

His movie In the Mood for Love is considered a masterpiece and he has sort of cult following among cinephiles. I've seen this movie a few years ago and I felt asleep 2-3 times in-between. I'm not sure if it was because movie was really boring or because I don't like adulterous themes or because I simply lack artistic sensibility.  On the positive side everyone can admire gorgeous cinematography of this movie.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

No need to worry about plot thing of this movie because director is known for working without script.  He spends many years to develop his each work and then shoots for another couple of years in impromptu manner. It must be challenging to work with him because besides lack of script actors never know how much screentime they will have in the final product. :crazymad:

His movie In the Mood for Love is considered a masterpiece and he has sort of cult following among cinephiles. I've seen this movie a few years ago and I felt asleep 2-3 times in-between. I'm not sure if it was because movie was really boring or because I don't like adulterous themes or because I simply lack artistic sensibility.  On the positive side everyone can admire gorgeous cinematography of this movie.

Sounds like a movie I should avoid. Artistic, meandering movies are not for me... But the director's work process sounds like something JH might like. Is this director still active today?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Sounds like a movie I should avoid. Artistic, meandering movies are not for me... But the director's work process sounds like something JH might like. Is this director still active today?

I think the viewers need to be "In the Mood of Watching Movie' to admire their artistic merits besides movies are simply more 'boring' and less straight forward medium as compared to tv.  You should not avoid this(and director's other) movie atleast for sake of beauty. Director is active and he has been 'developing' his latest movie for last 5 years. He also has quiet a following in India so every once in a while I read news that he is 'about to' start shooting. He gave a small role to Song Hye Kyo in his last movie and he generally works with similiar set of popular stars.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Haha actually I didn’t either :D I knew the premise so I knew he wouldn’t be the antagonist but I was curious how he would “turn around” because he obviously behaved pretty douchey at the beginning. But I did enjoy how smart he was.

It was really difficult not to dislike OYJ after that first scene IMO.

What I wanted to see from the very beginning of BM was JH outsmarting the rest of the people in the hospital. It is my favourite type of drama - when an underdog gets the upper hand in the end because of his/her ability, hard work/intuition - whatever feature was supposed to be a handicap in the beginning. And LYO had a really, really nasty handicap, being so abused as a child. I wish there had been more of this in BM.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Yes the movie has a cult following and is iconic in Asia. The two actors are also very prominent actors. I can see parallels between JH and Tony Leung too! I thoughtttt I read somewhere before that JH appreciates Tony Leung as one of the foreign actors he would like to work with but I could be wrong. 

@dramafan33 thanks for giving us insights into all the JH fan club origins! I truly wished I was closer to Korea and be able to experience what those fans experience. And yes the clay dolls were so cute, sad that it stopped before Bang Won! Do you know if gummi herself made those clay dolls or it was custom ordered?

@corey I think I’ve coaxed you many times that you should watch JH in variety shows because you will love him more than you already do now haha. If you do not have the patience for a whole season or multiple episodes, then I’ll recommend this one! (Sorry if I have, I can’t remember haha). I have watched this many times and his cuteness and humor really comes through in this one. You’ll also realize a lot of things we say about him can also be found here: 

Oh interestingly the girl in the variety video above, Han Chae Ah who acted with JH in Gaekju was supposed to get the role of Mo Hyun in MF but I think she turned it down (was it because she was pregnant then? Can’t recall). I always wondered who would have done a better portrayal of Mo Hyun. But anyway I did like Park Se Young in it, thought she did a decent job. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I think the viewers need to be "In the Mood of Watching Movie' to admire their artistic merits besides movies are simply more 'boring' and less straight forward medium as compared to tv.  You should not avoid this(and director's other) movie atleast for sake of beauty. Director is active and he has been 'developing' his latest movie for last 5 years. He also has quiet a following in India so every once in a while I read news that he is 'about to' start shooting. He gave a small role to Song Hye Kyo in his last movie and he generally works with similiar set of popular stars.

I think I know myself well enough by now to know which movies I enjoy, and these type of movies are not my thing. Beautiful or not.

However, your description of the director's method of work reminds me of Terrence Malick, the director of Days of Heaven, The thin red line, The Tree of life and others. He also has a very unique way of working and is known for the beauty of his movies. I know that when he filmed The thin red line, it was 30 years after he filmed Days of Heaven, and every big name in Hollywood wanted a role in that movie. He ended up giving small roles to the big stars and even cutting many of them completely out of the movie, he filmed a lot of footage beyond the script, much of it ad libbed, and in editing, ended up changing the lead from Adrian Brody, who was almost cut out of the movie entirely, to Jim Caviezel, who ad libbed much of his role. The embarrassing thing was that Adrian didn't know he was no longer the lead until he saw the movie... The thin red line is also known as a masterpiece.

At any rate, if JH admires this director, I hope he will get an opportunity to work with him.

2 hours ago, corey said:

It was really difficult not to dislike OYJ after that first scene IMO.

What I wanted to see from the very beginning of BM was JH outsmarting the rest of the people in the hospital. It is my favourite type of drama - when an underdog gets the upper hand in the end because of his/her ability, hard work/intuition - whatever feature was supposed to be a handicap in the beginning. And LYO had a really, really nasty handicap, being so abused as a child. I wish there had been more of this in BM.

To me, the moment in which I was won over by LYO was when he spoke to his father at home. The table flipping scene. I think that scene was brilliantly acted by both actors and it was the first time the nuance in the show was revealed. we suddenly saw that this is not simply an abrasive character that will undergo a change. In this scene we saw that he is much more complex, and who we thought was good or bad, may not be as we thought. That was the point in which I started rooting for LYO... 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

. If you do not have the patience for a whole season or multiple episodes, then I’ll recommend this one! (Sorry if I have, I can’t remember haha). I have watched this many times and his cuteness and humor really comes through in this one. You’ll also realize a lot of things we say about him can also be found here: 

ooh, thank you. I was actually looking for soemthing like this, because I was unable to find a site which has the show. 

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I

To me, the moment in which I was won over by LYO was when he spoke to his father at home. The table flipping scene. I think that scene was brilliantly acted by both actors and it was the first time the nuance in the show was revealed. we suddenly saw that this is not simply an abrasive character that will undergo a change. In this scene we saw that he is much more complex, and who we thought was good or bad, may not be as we thought. That was the point in which I started rooting for LYO... 

I think for me it was the second scene with LYO, the one in which he predicted the stroke. IDK why, but I felt that if someone is that clever and observing, such a person just cannot be a total jerk. That it why this airplance scene was always for me such an odd one for me, like showing a totally different character than the one we grew to love.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm confused- what does this update mean? Just random movies JH likes? I looked at the trailer of the movie "In the mood for love" and this is a romantic Hong-Kong movie. The trailer told me nothing about the plot except for that. Very strange trailer :)  but if JH likes this movie, than I challenge him- please do a similar romantic movie! 

Also- isn't it interesting that none of the movies he posted is Korean?

8 hours ago, corey said:

yes, same question here -  what it is supposed to mean?

If you remember, JH mentioned he likes to watch movies at home and he has a huge DVD collection of them. My guess it he was just random posting some of his favourites.

And as @fiesty8001 said, it just mean nothing, haha..

Actually I was thinking, maybe Swordsman is showing soon, that's why his mind is on movies??? 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I like him on variety shows because sometimes we get to see the side of him that we might not get to see in dramas or movies.

• Like 4

so this guy Gum dong ho that JH posted about his boxing victory today, is the same guy JH sparred with here?! Is it me or does JH looks more aggressive than him, or maybe he took it easy on JH? 

• Like 2

Hi can anyone share what time is ‘Hometown flex’ premiering tonight? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Hi can anyone share what time is ‘Hometown flex’ premiering tonight? 

Tonight 10:50 pm KST.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

A fan translated the parts of Simon Dominic in the clips- https://www.instagram.com/p/CCOidXFpP7E/

Reading the translation to what this guy said, I was quite surprised :lol:. His short rant about sand getting into shoes (which was fascinating... :blink:), kinda reminded me of Anakin's rant in Star wars about how sand is coarse and gets everywhere... This show is going to be very silly, but kinda fun... ^_^

Also: According to Jane, there will be two episodes with JH, when the next one will be next Sunday... 

"The 2nd episode of Busan episode starring Jang Hyuk is scheduled for next Sunday!

More Hyuk means more happiness"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCii6U2pJyu/

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

A fan translated the parts of Simon Dominic in the clips- https://www.instagram.com/p/CCOidXFpP7E/

Reading the translation to what this guy said, I was quite surprised :lol:. His short rant about sand getting into shoes (which was fascinating... :blink:), kinda reminded me of Anakin's rant in Star wars about how sand is coarse and gets everywhere... This show is going to be very silly, but kinda fun... ^_^

I think so too! And Jane posted on her IG that there will be 2 eps with Hyuk!

Screenshot-20200712-191937-Chrome.jpg

Yeah!:happyshakes:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I think so too! And Jane posted on her IG that there will be 2 eps with Hyuk!

Screenshot-20200712-191937-Chrome.jpg

Yeah!:happyshakes:

Lol the translation is very confusing! Haha but yay to TWO episodes of Hyuk! :luvarrow:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ok, I admit I am defeated. I tried to watch the show that @The Reel Life posted above, I tried to watch the teasers with this new reality show and I am so sad to announce that I have zero interest in watching this :brokenheart:

I honestly tried. Much as I like JH, as handsome as he is, all these shows are something like soccer game for me,. I know millions love soccer, but I just cannot find it exciting or interesting seeing 22 guys running in a field occasionally kicking the ball. Here we have several guys in  a car, driving along and exchanging random comments. Hate ma all you like :tears:, I just cannot watch it.

On a different note : do you guys know that there is also a Thailand version of "FTLY" (You are my destiny) made in 2019??? Also, yesterday while browsing youtube  I also stumbled on a Chinese movie with the same plot. Whoaa, this is one popular theme in that hemisphere, lol. The Chinese movie was just awful - sound, sets, acting, plot was all horrible. I will check the Thai version later, again, for the lack of better things to do....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, corey said:

Ok, I admit I am defeated. I tried to watch the show that @The Reel Life posted above, I tried to watch the teasers with this new reality show and I am so sad to announce that I have zero interest in watching this :brokenheart:

I honestly tried. Much as I like JH, as handsome as he is, all these shows are something like soccer game for me,. I know millions love soccer, but I just cannot find it exciting or interesting seeing 22 guys running in a field occasionally kicking the ball. Here we have several guys in  a car, driving along and exchanging random comments. Hate ma all you like :tears:, I just cannot watch it.

You mean the interview in the Happy Together show? Just jump to the JH bits in the show. JH is hilarious in that interview as he developed a great rapport with the lead MC. and you also see his sweetness and seriousness. But if you really are not interested, don't force yourself. For each his own. 

But- does this means you have never seen a JH interview?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But- does this means you have never seen a JH interview?

I've seen bits and pieces. The one in which he smacks a guy whith such a force that the guy is literally blown off-screen?

One that he is asked to pass a message to his wife (he was going away on location to shoot a drama).

And to tell you the truth, I am not interested. I am not interested in his private life. Of course I appreciate he is a great person, devoted husband and dedicated father, gentle, hard working, loyal to his friends. But I do not necessary need to know all these things to appreciate his work, do I?

There are lots of short clips on you tube showing the "net worth, lifestyle, car, girlfriend" of actors and JH also has one, and I was never tempted to watch.

I love his work, I love his creations, but I am just not interested in his private life.

• Like 1