2 hours ago, Ding77 said:

Oh, I agree with you on the FL in DOTS, I totally don't understand why she's so popular. 

I also can't stand the ML, as well as the FL. The drama is meh to me. CLOY also. It bored me after some episodes. Why does it have such rave review or viewership?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Same here, I did try watching CLOY..but also stopped before hitting midway.. At least I finished DOTS. But it didn't move me as much as Hyuk's romcom..

I love robbers after rewatching it 2nd time.

He looks too cute doing the workout below! Help!!:crazymad:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

I also can't stand the ML, as well as the FL. The drama is meh to me. CLOY also. It bored me after some episodes. Why does it have such rave review or viewership?

I don’t know guys! I think we are weird! Cause I feel exactly the same. I have these friends that I almost try to avoid talking about kdramas with. They try to get me to watch dramas that don’t appeal one bit to me and they certainly don’t see the “big deal” about JH so I feel like we have nothing in common! Why even bother touching the subject? Anyway, maybe being JH fans also turned us into unicorns like him? :wow1:

I watch kdrama to be moved! More than “intelectually stimulated” Kdrama usually is not super logical honestly. But JH is the only k-actor who hits all the notes in my cold heart.  90% of the time, he makes me feel deeply for his characters. I like other actors but I don’t crave watching any of them like I do JH. Especially his sad, trying to hide the pain but failing due to his beautiful expressive eyes, moments. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

12 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Im also vegetarian-ish but when it comes to asian food, I cave. 

So you are an opportunist non-vegetarian. :yum:

Which Asian cusinie tempts you?:droolz:

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Same here, I did try watching CLOY..but also stopped before hitting midway.. At least I finished DOTS. But it didn't move me as much as Hyuk's romcom..

I've watched both DOTS & CLOY beacuse I wanted to understand all of hype. DOTS was also dubbed in many Indian languages and it aired on different local tv channels. So DOTS is known to many people here even though they don't watch K dramas. 

I think these type of dramas just don't suit my taste even though I managed to like FLTY. I think direction and acting set FLTY apart from other dramas of this genre. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@fiesty8001 Thai, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and the few things Ive tried from Vietnamese cuisine . I’m sure what I don’t love is because I haven’t tried it. I love all kinds of dumplings most of all! 

Additionally, I love chinese-peruvian food. We have “the largest ethnically chinese community in Latin America” (quote from Wikipedia) and particularly our cuisine is very influenced by chinese cuisine. And we have a lot of chinese restaurants that are truly exquisite with a wide variety of dishes ranging from very traditional to fusion. 

And to keep things “on topic” I agree about FTLY. Not the typical kind of show I’d go for but it was so well done. It feels very unique. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

And to keep things “on topic” I agree about FTLY. Not the typical kind of show I’d go for but it was so well done. It feels very unique. 

I wonder what made that show so unique... Strange, can't think of anything specific... :hwaiting2:

Can any of you think of another romantic COMEDY in which you cried as much as you cried in FTLY? I mean, I don't think I've ever cried like that watching a war movie or a tragedy...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I wonder what made that show so unique... Strange, can't think of anything specific... :hwaiting2:

Can any of you think of another romantic COMEDY in which you cried as much as you cried in FTLY? I mean, I don't think I've ever cried like that watching a war movie or a tragedy...

JH made it unique! I've watched the original Taiwan version and couldn't stand the ML too, the FL was quite good though. 

I've enjoyed some other romcom from other actors as well, but somehow only jh got me intoxicated. :lol:

By the way, are u guys voting for our snail couple? They hv moved to the 7th. :relaxed:

https://kingchoice.me/topic-most-favorite-korean-drama-couples-till-2020-close-august-31-1243.html?option=38422

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

You still better than me. You finished DOTS. I got bored. I finished the episodes I think (can't remember now) but it wasn't fantastic so I'm quite surprised at the hype which followed the drama. CLOY even worse. Bored to death! Even their crying scene wasn't my taste. :(

they certainly don’t see the “big deal” about JH so I feel like we have nothing in common!

I know what you mean. I used to be "excited" when I come across a good drama (IMO) & tried to recommend to friends & they're like shocked I go for drama like these. For example, I tried to recommend FTLY to some friends who doesn't watch JH drama, they're like (as what you said), JH is no big deal. In turn, they make me sound like as though JH is the only actor who can act in this universe which (you all know) I don't mean it at all. There are many actors who can act just as well or even better, it's just a personal preference. MF is top on my list but it's a drama I don't recommend to non JH fans.

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@fiesty8001 Thai, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and the few things Ive tried from Vietnamese cuisine . I’m sure what I don’t love is because I haven’t tried it. I love all kinds of dumplings most of all! 

Side track a little - I love vietnamese roll. You know the one which the wrap is transparent. And I love dumplings too! 

IMO, the ability to make audience cry isn't the drama (story) but the actor & actress. It can be the saddest of show but if the actor/actress can't cry (we've seen many artistes who can't cry), it won't move audience to cry as well.

FTLY, JH/JNR chemistry is a 100% hit. We've seen other JH drama that the FL doesn't hit 100% chemistry with him (example : Lee Ming Jung in Midas) so the romance part was completely off in that drama. Even the crying scenes doesn't look so sad.

In recent years, the 1 drama that I cried was The Journey of Flower. The FL (Zhao Li Ying) was able to cry real tears so it kinda can bring audience into the mood as well.

In recent days, I watch thai drama/turkish drama. I just wanted to see if there is a stereotype & yes, there is ....so it isn't just k drama.

2 hours ago, Ding77 said:

JH made it unique! I've watched the original Taiwan version and couldn't stand the ML too, the FL was quite good though. 

The role was switched in the taiwan version vs the korea version. The taiwan version is the ML serious, the FL bubbly. In the korea version, the ML (as what JH had acted), the FL more serious.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ding77 said:

I know :) I was joking! :D JNR was good too, but she admitted that JH was responsible for maybe 50% of MY. His acting was what injected the show with realness and sincerity. And the pain in LG... To see MY unintentionally hurt him, and him trying to pretend he wasn't hurt by her, also His ability to convey two conflicting emotions in the same time...amazing! I think the scene that made me cry the most was seeing him in his "man cave" surrounded by his baby's things, cheerfully talking to him... Realizing that this guy, three years later, is still in mourning for his baby, for his relationship with MY... Broke my heart! and all this in a romantic comedy! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, AgnesO said:

Hey, I'm with you.  My friends have been trying to get me to watch DOTS and CLOY too... I tried but can't get past even episode 1.   I just can't buy their romance.   My most rewatch JH drama is Robbers, even though its also rom-com, but  I  feel for the characters, esp JH.  I'll just rewatch any of JH's dramas wherever my itch lead me, but Robbers is top of my list.

I watched DOTS long ago when it was airing, coz I thought it had good potential for the male lead to get injured being a soldier etc. But the end result was disappointing though I still finished it.

CLOY was a disaster, I only watched the parts which they mentioned Chuno and when the male lead was injured in one ep. Other than that, I dunno what the story was about haha.

• LOL 4

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I know :) I was joking! :D JNR was good too, but she admitted that JH was responsible for maybe 50% of MY. His acting was what injected the show with realness and sincerity. And the pain in LG... To see MY unintentionally hurt him, and him trying to pretend he wasn't hurt by her, also His ability to convey two conflicting emotions in the same time...amazing! I think the scene that made me cry the most was seeing him in his "man cave" surrounded by his baby's things, cheerfully talking to him... Realizing that this guy, three years later, is still in mourning for his baby, for his relationship with MY... Broke my heart! and all this in a romantic comedy! 

YES! That scene!!!!!!! I was sobbing! It was 3am, I was in bed and had to go to the bathroom to wash my face cause the crying was too much! :cries:

• Sad 2
  • LOL 1

39 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

CLOY was a disaster, I only watched the parts which they mentioned Chuno and when the male lead was injured in one ep. Other than that, I dunno what the story was about haha.

Me too! I also looked for the clips to watch where they mentioned Chuno. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

The movie, "The Swordsman (directed by Choi Jae-hoon)," which is hugely anticipated due to actor Jang Hyuk's explosive action performance, has been confirmed to be released on September 17.

"The Swordsman" is an action film that begins when Taeyul, the best swordsman of Joseon who turned his back on the world, raises his sword again to find his lost daughter. Jang Hyuk, who captivated the audience with his explosive energy and charismatic action in each role, visits the audience as Taeyul, the best swordsman of Joseon, who raises the sword again to save his daughter.

The two posters of "The Beginning of the Chase" that were released this time showed the energy of Jang Hyuk, who played Taeyul, the best swordsman of Joseon, who lived with his back to the world. With his face covered, you can feel the intense tension between the best swordsmen of the time and the sharp blade pointing at Taeyul will soon begin. Here, Taeyul's angry eyes, which are alone but face off against the swordsmen, further raise expectations for his action to be staged at the theater in September. The short and intense copy of "Chasing to the End" is enough to expect the unstoppable pursuit action of Joseon's best swordsman, who wanted to live with his back to the world but had to raise his sword again to save his kidnapped daughter.

Jang Hyuk will perform most of the action in "The Swordsman" to show the audience the real world of action that only actor Jang Hyuk can do. On top of that, the breathtaking chase of swordsmen against the backdrop of various places in the Joseon Dynasty of Chaos and the exhilarating story of Joseon's best swordsman whose daughter was kidnapped fighting against the world that touched the wrong person gives the theater audience a certain attraction and fun in September.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23848987

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

YES! That scene!!!!!!! I was sobbing! It was 3am, I was in bed and had to go to the bathroom to wash my face cause the crying was too much! :cries:

OH MY GOD! That was exactly what happened with me! I was lying in bed watching the show, and in that scene I just started to sob. I couldn't stop crying! I also had to get up and wash my face as I was crying so much. And the next day my eyes were actually swollen! I never cried like that before watching anything. And the amazing thing was that JH wasn't crying  in that scene, he was actually almost cheerful. But the underlying expression of pain was devastating. I don't know if you seen parents that lost a child. But what you often see in them is pain etched into their face. It's such a horrible thing... and this is what JH had in the second part of the show... 

about that- A slight peeve that I have about the show was that after they got back together, Ke-tung was never mentioned again. I wanted to see them dealing with that pain and maybe finally letting him go, especially while she was pregnant...

Another version of the article posted by @Prettysup with a bit more information about the plot- 

Novi hunter [chuno] Jang-hyuk became <swordsman>
  •  

Action actor Jang Hyuk's new action and exciting story The movie'Swordsman' is the best swordsman'Taeyul' (Jang Hyuk), the best swordsman in Joseon who concealed himself after the devastation of Gwanghaegun. The royal family'Gurutai' (Jo Taslim) persecuted Joseon by making unreasonable demands.

As the suffering of the people increased day by day, Taeyul's daughter was taken as a public servant by the servants of Gurutai. Taeyul, the best swordsman in Joseon who tried to live quietly with his back on the world, is a real chase action movie in which he starts wielding a sword without mercy to find his missing daughter.

Jang Hyeok, who has clearly established himself as an irreplaceable action actor with various actions that transcend the times in the screen and home theater, plays most of the actions in'Swordsman' and takes up his sword again to save his daughter, as'Tae-Yul', the best swordsman in Joseon. To find the audience.

Here, the breathtaking chase of swordsmen against the backdrop of various places in the chaotic Joseon Dynasty, and the exciting story of the world where the best swordsman of Joseon, where a daughter was kidnapped, and wrongly touched the opponent, will give the audience a clear sight and fun. will be. Actor Jang Hyuk's real chase action'Swordsman', who played as the best swordsman in Joseon, is scheduled to be released on September 17, 2020.

출처 : 무비톡(http://www.movietok.kr)

http://www.movietok.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=3957

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I watched DOTS long ago when it was airing, coz I thought it had good potential for the male lead to get injured being a soldier etc. But the end result was disappointing though I still finished it.

Yes, me too want my soldier ML to go to war & get injured. :blink:At least battle of changsa the ML as an officer did get injured but I can't stand the FL. Her acting has always been exaggerated. She over acted.

• Like 3