30 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Haha! When he started accepting projects even before his current one  ended, people always wondered why he had to work so hard. Does he need a lot of money?

And how chinese media like to write it as "earn milk powder money".

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I never understood that attitude. I mean,-Why was it so odd for people that he wanted to work continuously? I mean, how many of us work for 3-4 months and then take a long break? not many! So why were people expecting him to work like that?!

Even JH himself said that normal people who works in office also work the whole year, maybe end of the year than take a break. Nobody (at least not the whole population of people) work few months in office & take long breaks, work again few months take long breaks. (I guess if we work this way, the boss is gonna ask us take eternal long breaks).:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

48 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I actually am wondering what is going on with him now. Did he get no offer for a new project in all this time? If so, is he worried?

Or maybe- did he get an offer that requires more preparation from him? Is this the reason why he's almost at his BP weight again? Is it possible that my wish is coming true and he already has a project planned and he's actually involved in its design and writing (oh, please!)...

Another possibility- The show Veteran Giant is coming to an end. In two weeks its finale is going to air. Is it a possibility for JH to do a show with the his friends from that show as a regular?

I hope your scenarios #2 and/or #3 play out! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I never understood that attitude. I mean,-Why was it so odd for people that he wanted to work continuously? I mean, how many of us work for 3-4 months and then take a long break? not many! So why were people expecting him to work like that?!

All I care is that he works as much as he wants, so that I will get to see him create his amazing characters... I'm still waiting for someone to create a super edit of MC of only JH's parts. I really want to see his Bang Won again, but I don't feel like fast forwarding all the time...

I guess they were comparing him with other actors who take long breaks before taking on another projects. But he sees himself as just like any other working adult. Maybe that's why he goes to his Sidus office everyday too. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Ding77 said:

Lol, we always appreciate his hard work, don't we? Even though WOL was so bad (in my opinion), we still ff through to watch his parts, and I'm also so amazed at myself that I hv actually watched all his real men episodes without subs:lol: Somebody now, pls protest on some platforms that can reach him that he better come back soon or he's driving us crazy!! :P

Haha actually he took on WOL because at that time, his next work Bad Papa was not scheduled to start filming yet. And many fans actually wished he had not taken on WOL, so I guess maybe it is good now that he decided to take a rest while waiting for the next project instead of finding a 'filler' like WOL?

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

And how chinese media like to write it as "earn milk powder money".

When his kids are old enough to quit milk powder long ago haha..

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I guess they were comparing him with other actors who take long breaks before taking on another projects. But he sees himself as just like any other working adult. Maybe that's why he goes to his Sidus office everyday too. 

Ah, u r right, the other k actors that I like are even worse, they have like only 1 drama every few years. That's why I love hyukie the most lol. But then, after I fell in love with his Lee Gun in FTLY, I started to think that my other k actors can't act so well. Sigh. It's all his fault, so he should come back and do another drama NOW!! :lol:

7 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha actually he took on WOL because at that time, his next work Bad Papa was not scheduled to start filming yet. And many fans actually wished he had not taken on WOL, so I guess maybe it is good now that he decided to take a rest while waiting for the next project instead of finding a 'filler' like WOL?

At that time, I was so happy he decided to do WOL, only to be so disappointed later. So yeah, I'm one confused fan lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

31 minutes ago, Ding77 said:

Ah, u r right, the other k actors that I like are even worse, they have like only 1 drama every few years. That's why I love hyukie the most lol. But then, after I fell in love with his Lee Gun in FTLY, I started to think that my other k actors can't act so well. Sigh. It's all his fault, so he should come back and do another drama NOW!! :lol:

For me it's not just Korean actors. Well, it's not Korean actors at all as I don't really like any other Korean actor besides JH... :)  For me it's all actors, no matter what nationality.

I recently tried watching Witcher, but I couldn't watch beyond the first episode. I just couldn't take the acting. Not so long ago, I watched Pretty woman, a movie I always enjoyed. But suddenly, as I was watching, I was thinking "Hey! Richard Gere is not that good! He's not making me feel the pain and emotion of his character...". And the next thought was "JH would have done this better!" :)

on another occasion, I was watching a movie called "Child 44", really nice movie with Tom Hardy. There was a moment in the movie in which Tom's character was supposed to show that he's barely controlling himself from hitting someone, and the only reason he wasn't hitting that person was because of his love for his wife. So there were a lot of complex emotions in that scene. And, again, as I was watching I was thinking "Tom is good, but not good enough. He's not as subtle as JH is..."

I swear this is how I am no matter what I watch. It's pathetic! :lol:

The thing is JH's speciality is deep emotional acting, and he often shows several layers of emotions, like he did in that insane joker scene in FTLY- a scene that was both funny and over the top, but JH managed to also convey deep pain and devastation... So, I'm with you- he better do another show soon or I'm gonna cry! 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Tbh, this phrase "earn milk powder money" doesn't go well with me though. Idk why the media write it this way, as though he's so poor that he has to work so hard to earn milk powder money.

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

he better do another show soon or I'm gonna cry!

In chinese, there's a phrase, got poisoned very deeply. You got poisoned very deeply (JH poison)! Lol hahaha! He better come out soon for your sanity. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

he better do another show soon or I'm gonna cry!

In chinese, there's a phrase, got poisoned very deeply. You got poisoned very deeply (JH poison)! Lol hahaha! He better come out soon for your sanity. :lol:

@Biology Lesson let me "hyuk poison" you more... as I'm doing to myself...look at him in this scene ...smiling but the sadness in his eyes..:bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

The thing is JH's speciality is deep emotional acting, and he often shows several layers of emotions, like he did in that insane joker scene in FTLY- a scene that was both funny and over the top, but JH managed to also convey deep pain and devastation... So, I'm with you- he better do another show soon or I'm gonna cry! 

YES! I miss him sooooo much!!!! I miss his emotional acting! Thats why even though he is adorable in variety I STILL miss him! I even miss him WHILE I’m watching him! Yes, I’m poisoned too :please:

@azureblue7 He is so so so so SO good in Robbers, when showing pain and sadness and vulnerability. I just want to hug him and make everything better (after I slap and punch him a bit during first eps) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 He is so so so so SO good in Robbers, when showing pain and sadness and vulnerability. I just want to hug him and make everything better (after I slap and punch him a bit during first eps) 

Yes...I only realise how good , how really good he is when I rewatched it this time, just my 2nd time rewatching Robber. I'm glad I've forgotten most of it so it feels like it's the first time I'm watching it. I wanted to slap and punch him too..but I regretted wanting to do that to him after watching ep 12.. so poor thing..:bawling: I'll hug him instead..:bawling:

21 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

YES! I miss him sooooo much!!!! I miss his emotional acting! Thats why even though he is adorable in variety I STILL miss him! I even miss him WHILE I’m watching him! Yes, I’m poisoned to

I'm feeling that too!!Missing him while watching him on variety . I want to see him take on a new drama or movie...I am addicted to his acting..

• Like 4
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

while we are missing him- the chinese subtitles are out! Oh, please- can we get highlights again?! 

:Please:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Rt4y1D7GG?from=search&seid=8535328762213276934

Just saw the first match when JH was boxing against Ahn Jung-hwan (ex soccer player), they joked that as his son is aspiring to be a soccer player, JH should lose to Ahn for his son's sake haha. But he still won in the end.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

@phoenix24 So cute! And he was actually good at the game apparently? I like the graceful motion he does with his hand

Unrelated but I remembered this post by JH on IG saying how much he wished to grow his hair long again. I miss that short period of time when he suddenly got into IG :P https://www.instagram.com/p/4JoABgFIsZ/?igshid=r0y0qbqxaawq

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Just saw the first match when JH was boxing against Ahn Jung-hwan (ex soccer player), they joked that as his son is aspiring to be a soccer player, JH should lose to Ahn for his son's sake haha. But he still won in the end.

Ya that was fun. They teased JH, using his son as the 'price' to lose to AJH. :lol:Before JH striked the 1st punch, they teased said JH got "pressure" due to his son's "future" as a professional footballer. Hahaha! So when JH won, they teased said JH son got to switch to basketball already. And if JH also won the 3rd opponent (IDK his name), than basketball also no need to learn already. They're so fun.

I think this group must be pretty close with JH. They seemed comfy with each other.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

JH's demonstrating shadow boxing and boxing training with his coach. He was a little shy when asked to show how to shadow box. So he asked if they can play some music while he shadow boxes. Haha!

The giant veterans are awed by his fast punches and footwork,even his incredible burst of energy and power during the boxing workout with his coach.

After they tried doing it themselves and realised how intense the workout was, they were even more amazed by how fit JH is. His stamina, endurance and full body strength! Wow! And not forgetting, he looks incredibly handsome when he's so focused on his training..that side profile...:heart2beat:

20200812-153038.jpg
Video-Capture-20200812-152832.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

59 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

JH's demonstrating shadow boxing and boxing training with his coach. He was a little shy when asked to show how to shadow box. So he asked if they can play some music while he shadow boxes. Haha!

The giant veterans are awed by fast punches and footwork,even his incredible burst of energy and power during the boxing workout with his coach.

After they tried doing it themselves and realised how intense the workout was, they were even more amazed by how fit JH is. His stamina, endurance and full body strength! Wow! And not forgetting, he looks incredibly handsome when he's so focused on his training..that side profile...:heart2beat:

Thank you so much for the translation and captures!:heartxoxo:

I was just watching that sequence, and I was thinking that whenever we see JH in these types of shows we usually see him as shy, slightly awkward, easy going and smiley- generally speaking- cute. JH is usually very cute in these shows. But he's rarely sexy. Now we know he can be sexy- we saw his sexy side in so many photoshoots and in movies and shows. And it's not pretending to be sexy, like many actors do, but sexiness that stems from strength, intensity and sensuality. but we rarely see that in variety shows . And then there was that bit you described with his trainer, in which JH was punching those boxing pads- and suddenly - the sexiness started to rise! JH was completely relaxed there, serious, and confident. And so sexy!  Someone said "poetry in motion"? :)

We also see glimpses of that when we see him working behind the scenes. I don't mean the bloopers, but just seeing him working and preparing for a shoot- there is something magnetic about him in those moments. You can feel the confidence and calm in him then. completely professional. And so sexy... :D

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

while we are missing him- the chinese subtitles are out! Oh, please- can we get highlights again?! 

:Please:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Rt4y1D7GG?from=search&seid=8535328762213276934

Tq for the link. Just finished his section, hyukie is so lovely but it is sooo short. :dissapointed_relieved: Now back to waiting again, oh dear.. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1