Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Please don't "repay" me any points. I have no use for it cos I don't intend to shop. :)

Same here! :lol: 

1 hour ago, corey said:

Oh, I see. We have a saying in my country "we only like the songs that we know" - I guess this is somewhat a universal thing, then.

I wish that JH would play it safe for once and instad of looking for something new all the time, would give us some more of the good old things. Not "the Voice", though.

I would love it if JH would do another remake and give it his own spin... What about a remake of "LadyHawke"? I noticed that with how popular supernatural themes are in Kdramas, JH never actually did any such show. The closest that he got was Bad papa, but that is sci-fi more than supernatural... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I would love it if JH would do another remake and give it his own spin... What about a remake of "LadyHawke"?

OMG, you just made my (Sun) day! Ladyhawke! I have forgotten about this gem! Michelle Pfeiffer! Young Rutgar Hauer! I need to re-watch this. The only thing that should be changed is the horrible 80's electronic music as the soundtrack . Otherwise- perfection. Rutgar Hauer, before he went to seed (and Hollywood Z action movies) , had a bit of JH quality - the piercing gaze, intensity of acting, total dedication. Yes, that would be perfect.

Another thing that came to my mind as a potential vehicle that I would just love to see JH in is this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Castle

Actually, I cannot believe that no-one has made a movie out of this, or even better, a TV series I have heard somewhere that someone bought the rights to filming. The novel is practically a ready script. A melo with happy ending. An ambiguous ML, Cinderella-like vulnerable FL, a pretty younger cousin, a host of unpleasant family members in the background.

Well, I should dream on, right? :(

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, corey said:

OMG, you just made my (Sun) day! Ladyhawke! I have forgotten about this gem! Michelle Pfeiffer! Young Rutgar Hauer! I need to re-watch this. The only thing that should be changed is the horrible 80's electronic music as the soundtrack . Otherwise- perfection. Rutgar Hauer, before he went to seed (and Hollywood Z action movies) , had a bit of JH quality - the piercing gaze, intensity of acting, total dedication. Yes, that would be perfect.

Exactly! The love story was so beautiful and sad, while and the young guy inserted humor into the movie. To this day I remember the pain in Rutgar Hauer eyes... JH would be perfect for this! 

Another thing that came to my mind as a potential vehicle that I would just love to see JH in is this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Castle

Actually, I cannot believe that no-one has made a movie out of this, or even better, a TV series I have heard somewhere that someone bought the rights to filming. The novel is practically a ready script. A melo with happy ending. An ambiguous ML, Cinderella-like vulnerable FL, a pretty younger cousin, a host of unpleasant family members in the background.

Well, I should dream on, right? :(

I never heard about this book- sounds like a lot of fun! You are right, this might make for a great Kdrama! Reading the synopsis it actually sounds like a kdrama :) the FL sounds spunky and straight forward,  not simpering. But the focus seems to be more on the FL than the ML character, no?

There are so many great stories to be done, but instead Kdramas seem to be intent on redoing the same ones again and again... I guess all we can do is dream, hopefully our dream will come true... At least one of them, surely! 

On another subject:

Jane has posted a translation of a few funny moments from  the preview. Annoyingly I can't embed it. It seems like JH lost his Busan accent, which led to him being teased by the other Busan guys (that was why he was waving his hands in denial while he was eating with them in the restaurant :) ). Also, one of the guys said that he grew up admiring JH. It's funny cause he looks like he's the same age as JH...

this is the caption:

"Funny moments of JH
How does he still manage to be or to look so innocent and childlike? I love that

It also makes sense that he forgot his dialect because he spent his school days going back and forth between Seoul and Busan.

Waiting to see him soon, I wish you all a happy and wonderful Sunday"

Just the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCQEiO0pV39/

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I never heard about this book- sounds like a lot of fun! You are right, this might make for a great Kdrama! Reading the synopsis it actually sounds like a kdrama :) the FL sounds spunky and straight forward,  not simpering. But the focus seems to be more on the FL the ML character, no?

The book is now in the public domain, like all the "Anne of Green Gables" series, so you can download it from for example, Project Gutenberg. It is the only book that LM Montomery wrote for adults. Yes, it is written from the perspective of the FL. It is one of my all-time favourites. And the writing is good, everything ties nicely in the end. So all in all, a perfect material for a K-Drama.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There are so many great stories to be done, but instead Kdramas seem to be intent on redoing the same ones again and again...

Am sure the producers or whoever (agency) wants to do those drama that will bring in ratings, viewership, and it seemed that k audience mostly like romance drama, for example, CLOY that kind of genre, some years back was DOTS.

I noticed that with how popular supernatural themes are in Kdramas, JH never actually did any such show. The closest that he got was Bad papa, but that is sci-fi more than supernatural... 

Ya, I've always wished JH would do a drama where he can fly. When is he going to act in that drama which he wanted to do with JNR? Title : Invincible East. But IMO, JNR is not suitable for this role. She's too small size & she doesn't have the look. No offence to anyone here ya, just my opinion. Can he team up with HJW for a good ancient drama? Can I dream on this?

I wish that JH would play it safe for once and instad of looking for something new all the time, would give us some more of the good old things. Not "the Voice", though.

What do you wish for? Another what type of drama? Hahaha...:lol:Hmm...I also wished k drama will remake the c drama "remembering li chuan" type of genre. This one really cry buckets. I know some audience didn't like the drama due to it's plot, or due to the FL, or due to the casts aren't top notch artistes, but there are also audience who love the drama so it's very individual. JH will do very well here due to he can do sad scenes very well & this drama has plenty.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, budgerie said:

What do you wish for? Another what type of drama? Hahaha...:lol:

As I said, anything but the Voice - another FTLY, BM, MF, TMWYS, MC, heck, I would even watch him in a supporting role in  something like WoL out of sheer desperation. Just not the drunken ugly cop in the Voice.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

It also makes sense that he forgot his dialect because he spent his school days going back and forth between Seoul and Busan

Guess the fact that he spent a lot of hard work getting rid of his Busan accent in his earlier years may also contributed to that. Love his embarrassed response when they said, "Did he erase Busan from his memory?" Hahaha! Super cute and innocent.

Screenshot-20200705-162544-Instagram.jpg
Screenshot-20200705-163009-Instagram.jpg
Screenshot-20200705-163030-Instagram.jpg

Cr. IG owner 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Am sure the producers or whoever (agency) wants to do those drama that will bring in ratings, viewership, and it seemed that k audience mostly like romance drama, for example, CLOY that kind of genre, some years back was DOTS.

I know... we spoke about it before. But there is a difference between doing romance drama, and doing the EXACT SAME romance drama over and over again. The only thing they change is the setting, all the rest is exactly the same. There are other romantic stories to be told, with different character types, besides the rich alien male and the innocent idiot female...

Ya, I've always wished JH would do a drama where he can fly. When is he going to act in that drama which he wanted to do with JNR? Title : Invincible East. But IMO, JNR is not suitable for this role. She's too small size & she doesn't have the look. No offence to anyone here ya, just my opinion. Can he team up with HJW for a good ancient drama? Can I dream on this?

Didn't he sort of fly already in DRT?

I agree what you said about JNR fitting to that story. Actually after reading the premise to it, I don't understand the attraction to it, except for JH obsession with martial arts...

What do you wish for? Another what type of drama? Hahaha...:lol:Hmm...I also wished k drama will remake the c drama "remembering li chuan" type of genre. This one really cry buckets. I know some audience didn't like the drama due to it's plot, or due to the FL, or due to the casts aren't top notch artistes, but there are also audience who love the drama so it's very individual. JH will do very well here due to he can do sad scenes very well & this drama has plenty.

I also don't really care what show he does as long as it has a good solid story and script, with a role that allows him to acts. Remakes have an advantage as we already know that their story is good.

• Like 5

The chinese subs for the 7-min teaser is out at http://b23.tv/M19A0o

Think Jane has translated most parts. Towards the end, Hyuk lamented that this is a cruel show. Wondering what he meant by that.:idk:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

27 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But there is a difference between doing romance drama, and doing the EXACT SAME romance drama over and over again.

Seems like K drama likes to do those "rich man poor girl" type of romance. The guy is some CEO & fallen in love with a commoner. Thai drama likes to do those "revenge love" type of drama. Marry the girl only to torture her but fall deeply in love with her.

Didn't he sort of fly already in DRT?

Er...I was referring to what I saw in c drama as in the ML can fly from this destination to another place. LOL. So drama right? 

I agree what you said about JNR fitting to that story. Actually after reading the premise to it, I don't understand the attraction to it, except for JH obsession with martial arts...

The C drama adaptation changed the premise also. Instead of the ML becoming feminine, the story changed that the FL is the formidable one & fallen in love with the ML. If we talk about this premise, I find JNR not suitable.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Seems like K drama likes to do those "rich man poor girl" type of romance. The guy is some CEO & fallen in love with a commoner. Thai drama likes to do those "revenge love" type of drama. Marry the girl only to torture her but fall deeply in love with her.

I've never seen Thai dramas. Sounds... not good :) 

Er...I was referring to what I saw in c drama as in the ML can fly from this destination to another place. LOL. So drama right? 

You mean actually fly? Like Superman?! :lol: 

The C drama adaptation changed the premise also. Instead of the ML becoming feminine, the story changed that the FL is the formidable one & fallen in love with the ML. If we talk about this premise, I find JNR not suitable.

Yeah, that story didn't sound very attractive to me... I admit I have seen her only in Hello, monster, besides FTLY, and I wasn't impressed with her in that show... In FTLY I loved her, but I never tried watching her in anything else

• Like 4

I've never seen Thai dramas. Sounds... not good :) 

If you're watching it for the 1st time, you'll just be "oh, what a shitty man she married" but you soon realise every drama is the same plot. I can only guess thai audience like this type of genre. There's a lot of dragging, a lot of pushing, a lot of struggling, etc.

You mean actually fly? Like Superman?! :lol: 

C drama has many of these. Supernatural powers. :lol:

Yeah, that story didn't sound very attractive to me... I admit I have seen her only in Hello, monster, besides FTLY, and I wasn't impressed with her in that show... In FTLY I loved her, but I never tried watching her in anything else

I wasn't impressed with her in SSBG or VIP. The Last Empress so so only. Maybe because I'm not her fan so I'm neutral where she's concerned. But I didn't even finish any of her drama except for SSBG because it's with JH.

@coreyAre you watching FTLY Japanese version?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, budgerie said:

@coreyAre you watching FTLY Japanese version?

I was actually going to ask you about it. Because I semed to be unable not find it - however, it turns out that I was just lazy in finding it. A 30 second search and I found it. It is only 10 ep long and I searched using the Japanese title - Unmei Kara Hajimaru Koi. I am sitting down to watch it now. I will of course relate my impressions :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, corey said:

I was actually going to ask you about it. Because I semed to be unable not find it - however, it turns out that I was just lazy in finding it. A 30 second search and I found it. It is only 10 ep long and I searched using the Japanese title - Unmei Kara Hajimaru Koi. I am sitting down to watch it now. I will of course relate my impressions :)

The drama is only 10 episode? I read reviews about it that it didn't match the standard of the other adaptations but again, this is very subjective. Ya, let us know how you feel since it's such a short drama. I didn't watch because the ML is too young for my liking.

• Like 3

@budgerie, for the lack of better things to do I devoted my afternoon to speed watching the J version.

Short reaction: LOL, and then WTF??

To elaborate:

Lol - the Japanese drama does not beat about the bush. There is a little voiceover of the FL's deceased father telling her why exactly was CInderella chosen by the prince - becuase he wanted a girl with a pure heart. And then we have a voiceover explaining that the FLA - called Sato Aya - is a post-it girl and everybody is giving her things to do, and she wants to refuse, but has no courage to do it. So there. You have the entire drama spelled out for you at the very beginnig. And the FL is a much bigger pushover and doormat than MY. Not once does she stand up for herself.

ML - called Kei - I actually liked him a lot, much better than the C-version XZL - he is a good person, who wants to do right by both girls, and of course fails, because it is impossible.

Second FL (Anna)  - again, ballerina villainess. Bleh.

Second ML - oh boy, what an adorkable character. I liked him best of all the versions.

And we are back to forced sex while drugged. Bleh. I thought we were done with this

And then WTF - ending??? Yes, the drama is only 10 eps long and the ending is WTF. The only explanation could be that this is only season 1 and there will be a sequel.

And yes, the cast is really young.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

@corey I finally see your JH medal! Although if it was bigger it would have been clearer lol. Thanks for redeeming it on our behalf! :hwaiting:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, corey said:

And then WTF - ending??? Yes, the drama is only 10 eps long and the ending is WTF. The only explanation could be that this is only season 1 and there will be a sequel.

Er...so what's the ending? How did it end?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

Er...so what's the ending? How did it end?

Well, it ends... like right in the middle of the entire story? She has the miscarriage and then leaves with the SL for Okinawa and Kei meets her on her way (to the airport  or ferry - not clear?) and they have a very teary scene and he ... lets her go. He literally says he will let her go but he will never forget her. The end.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1