Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

14 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Is it my eyes or is he hairy?

I noticed that too! His arms but closer to his hands are a bit hairy, as you can clearly see in that pic :) 

55 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I think Ju Ji Hoon was nominated for his role in Kingdom and not Hyena? 

edit: my bad - it was for hyena. He was really bad? He got rave reviews for Kingdom. 

In my opinion he was awful in Hyena! I thought his acting was very similar to Lee Honey in TFP- a lot of over acting and bad acting. No capability for subtlety! I was completely baffled by his casting to Hyena, as his character was supposed to be shrewd and sexy, as all the other characters kept telling us he was, but instead he came across as stupid and goofy.

@dramafan33 so you didn't like Kingdom? I recently heard someone say he really liked it, so I thought I might check it out... You don't recommend?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

The Baeksang awards used to have more prestige and  seemed to be more “fair” in the past. More than network award shows anyway. But now they all have become the same. 

Yes, the network awards are essentially a joke, the network is "awarding" actors starring in their own dramas, and there are like four nominations and three equal awards in one category. Might as well award ALL of their dramas, why leave some of the poor gals and blokes out?

Side note -   with one or two  rare exception , is the quality of the currently aired K-Dramas really down the drain, or I am getting as picky as @Biology Lesson these days?:unsure:

We urgently need a new project by JH to look forward to, preferably not Voice 4.

Edit: I do not think JH is hairy.... the picture is grainy as it is, look at his throat - he surely does not have hair there!

Also - do you honestly expect anyone to recommend  anything to you now? :DSuch a person would be brave indeed :D

Joking aside, I was also thinking of watching Kingdom...

• LOL 3

19 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life And I’m not sure why Kingdom got rave reviews. I didn’t find anything extraordinary about it :wacko:

The Baeksang awards used to have more prestige and  seemed to be more “fair” in the past. More than network award shows anyway. But now they all have become the same. 

I don’t know either. Didn’t watch so i can’t Comment! Maybe the international audience really liked it. And it’s by the Signal writer. 

As for Baeksang awards, I think this year was definitely heavy on popularity. As in they chose the best actors from the popular dramas. Rather than just objectively looking at every single drama and the performance. But I guess even awards shows are to an extent popularity awards even if they want it to be critically acclaimed. Because if it’s something very rarely watched, then people won’t be able to identify with the winners and the awards show would probably feel IG defeats the purpose. They want viewers to tune in afterall. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, corey said:

Yes, the network awards are essentially a joke, the network is "awarding" actors starring in their own dramas, and there are like four nominations and three equal awards in one category. Might as well award ALL of their dramas, why leave some of the poor gals and blokes out?

Side note -   with one or two  rare exception , is the quality of the currently aired K-Dramas really down the drain, or I am getting as picky as @Biology Lesson these days?:unsure:

We urgently need a new project by JH to look forward to, preferably not Voice 4.

Edit: I do not think JH is hairy.... the picture is grainy as it is, look at his throat - he surely does not have hair there!

Also - do you honestly expect anyone to recommend  anything to you now? :DSuch a person would be brave indeed :D

I think he is quite hairy on his hands than most normal guys but definitely not as much as in the picture. The picture’s contrast or shadow is high so perhaps may seem very thick hahaha. But I’ve seen other pictures where he does have more than usual hair on his hands. 

Ugh please don’t remind me of Voice 4, that would be :tears: for me if he does it, esp right after an OCN thriller of the same vein. 

I would recommend to @Biology Lesson Mystic Pop Up Bar. Doesn’t matter if she ends up disliking it because I just want to share with as many people how much I am enjoying this simple gem! There are no characters that would annoy you honestly, I think they are all super endearing. I look forward to watching it weekly.  Hahahah. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, corey said:

I'm contagious! :D

You're right- I wouldn't say he's hairy :), but I did notice on other occasions he has some hair on low on his forearms close to his hands, like he has on his legs

Why not?! :tears: I did like one show that was recommended to me- My Mister... Granted it was one show out of many that were recommended to me, but it means that I'm capable of liking shows that don't have JH in them... Sometimes... :joy: Oh, and I also liked the beginning on Hwarang- so that makes it one show and half that I liked!

To tell you the truth, it was my brother that recommended the shows that I liked the most, including FTLY :) I guess he knows me the best... 

@The Reel Life I did a search and I saw this clip- looks like a goofy kind of show (what's with Kdramas and farts?!), reminding me of TFP- are you sure about this show?! :huh:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

8 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I think he is quite hairy on his hands than most normal guys but definitely not as much as in the picture. The picture’s contrast or shadow is high so perhaps may seem very thick hahaha. But I’ve seen other pictures where he does have more than usual hair on his hands. 

With all due respect, I do not think oppa has hairy hands at all :)

South Korean actor Jang Hyuk attends during his essay book launch ...

Living Is Sharing~~: Chuno: an interview with lead actor Jang Hyuk

Unless he shaves his arms for photoshoots, which is also a possiblity!

8 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I would recommend to @Biology Lesson Mystic Pop Up Bar. Doesn’t matter if she ends up disliking it because I just want to share with as many people how much I am enjoying this simple gem! There are no characters that would annoy you honestly, I think they are all super endearing. I look forward to watching it weekly.  Hahahah. 

I would have seconded that but I just know she would end up disliking it :). I also have a lot of fun watching it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, corey said:

With all due respect, I do not think oppa has hairy hands at all :)

South Korean actor Jang Hyuk attends during his essay book launch ...

Living Is Sharing~~: Chuno: an interview with lead actor Jang Hyuk

Again, not hairy, but he does have some hairs low on his forearms, as @The Reel Life also noticed. It's kinda on the side of his forearm, and I think also on the back of his hand... Don't think he shaves them as I did notice that on different occasions and I was actually surprised he didn't shave them, as they were kinda noticeable. 

9 minutes ago, corey said:

I would have seconded that but I just know she would end up disliking it :). I also have a lot of fun watching it.

looking at the clip above, you probably are right in this case... I will pass! 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

@The Reel Life I did a search and I saw this clip- looks like a goofy kind of show (what's with Kdramas and farts?!), reminding me of TFP- are you sure about this show

This clip is by no means a Good representation if the show, in fact a poor one. It’s just one part of the whole, and if I were to watch this clip alone I wouldn’t have watched it too. Of course not all parts of the show are perfect, some parts can be slightly boring and over the top, but i prefer appreciating a show as a whole and not nitpick on selected bits even if they were not to my liking. As long as it doesn’t turn me off, I think it’s bound to have its flaws here and there. 

The show is fun, goofy yes definitely, but it is goofy endearing, not goofy annoying. There is a lot of richness and backstory to each character and they are not merely caricatures. The show touches a lot on helping people, and also the theme of “letting go and being at peace” - enough to tug at your heartstrings and definitely more emotional than TMWYS which wanted to do that but failed (lol). And the storytelling is very engaging. It’s not just funny for the sake of being funny. 

24 minutes ago, corey said:

Actually I was thinking this. Lol. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

13 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

looking at the clip above, you probably are right in this case... I will pass! 

Lol u made your decision so fast without giving it a chance! Hahahaha but okok it’s up to you :lol:

• Like 3

@budgerie Yes yes! Rolled up sleeves for you!

And looking at the clearer pic on p3, I think he is not that hairy...haha.. are we somehow back to hairy topic again?

And oh, by the way, I enjoyed My Mister and Kingdom both seasons. I find kingdom entertaining like Train to Busan was to me. But acting wise, I'm not sure... I was busy watching zombies..lol.

When I finished My mister last year, I remembered watching Live too.. Very interesting and unique story about police officers. The cast was great! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

10 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

@budgerie Yes yes! Rolled up sleeves for you!

And looking at the clearer pic on p3, I think he is not that hairy...haha.. are we somehow back to hairy topic again?

I wonder if these were taken on the same day? One with slight facial hair and one clean shaven! 

he must be reminiscing his old times... is it common for him to post old pictures? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, corey said:

Hmmm I beg to differ. If network awards awarded everyone, our JH would’ve gotten more awards. It’s not the case. They only award dramas with high ratings. 

Also, his arms are hairy in that picture. A person can be bald and have hairy arms or chest :lol:

@Biology Lesson I watched the first season of Kingdom and my short review of it is “meh” 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I wonder if these were taken on the same day? One with slight facial hair and one clean shaven! 

he must be reminiscing his old times... is it common for him to post old pictures? 

Actually these 2 pics were posted by his fans on IG . I think he saw them and reposted it. 

Means he is browsing through what fans posted on IG. 

And about his facial hair, maybe they just grew by the time they ended the shooting..haha..super fast 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@The Reel Life He has posted old pics before. He is random like that. I notice that he doesn’t even write captions lately.

Anyway, I volunteer to go to Korea and inspect Hyukie’s arms to solve this “hairy” mistery B) The things I do for you guys! 

I think we should have an awards show here, whoever gets to recommend something that @Biology Lesson ends up liking is the winner :P (so far, Corey has gotten half and award for Hwarang and did she also recommend My Mister?) 

Ok Im going to throw a random recommendation here only because I recommended this to my brother and he enjoyed it, “Bad Guys”, its on Netflix. No romance, its mostly crime mistery action and I don’t even remember why I liked it way back when but I did. 

Here is the premise: 

To combat rising violent crimes (that and also to search for a specific serial killer who killed his daughter), the Police Chief asks Detective Oh Goo-Tak (Kim Sang-Joong) to form a team consisting of criminals. Detective Oh Goo-Tak is currently suspended from the police force for using excessive force. Detective Oh Goo-Tak gathers team members: Park Woong-Cheol (Ma Dong-Seok) who is a gangster, Lee Jung-Moon (Park Hae-Jin) who is the youngest serial killer with extraordinary intelligence and Jung Tae-Soo (Jo Dong-Hyuk) who is a contract killer. Also, Police Inspector Yoo Mi-Young (Gang Ye-Won) joins the team.

• LOL 5

37 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Remember the comment from the team leader in Urban Cops about how fast JH's beard grew? :D 

47 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

When I finished My mister last year, I remembered watching Live too.. Very interesting and unique story about police officers. The cast was great! 

Hmmm... police officers?! The show wasn't about police officers... It was a about a company of building engineers, and lead's brothers had a cleaning company... What show are you talking about?! :)

I liked My Mister, though it was too slow and had very little romance. Not a show I would rewatch. Good acting, though...

52 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Lol u made your decision so fast without giving it a chance! Hahahaha but okok it’s up to you :lol:

Wait- weren't you the one that recommended a show to me that had a fl lead that was so extra super annoying that I thought you were playing a prank on me?! <_< And then you admitted you recommended that show to me just because you liked the lead?! :blink:

:joy:

After trying to watch quite a few Kdramas and being disappointed, my conclusion was that I'm not a fan of kdramas, I'm a fan of JH. Kdramas are very problematic to me due to the sanitized and childish way they present sexual relationships. I think I will try watching some Korean movies, see how I like them... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@Biology Lesson Ok then I recommend the k-movie “Castaway on the moon” (WOL fl is there but she is not as annoying in it and she is not the main imo. In fact that poor actress worse character I’ve seen was the one in WOL) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Remember the comment from the team leader in Urban Cops about how fast JH's beard grew? :D 

Haha! Or maybe he just shaved after taking 1 set of pics..

22 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Hmmm... police officers?! The show wasn't about police officers... It was a about a company of building engineers, and lead's brothers had a cleaning company... What show are you talking about?! :)

Think we are talking about 2 different shows..haha

live-poster-tvning.png

The entire drama focuses on the harsh realities and the experiences working in the patrol division.

I thought it is unique because it is very realistic and very character driven. The main characters of the show are not   like your typical drama characters.  Because of the realistic aspect, some eps can be heavy and emotional. But I really enjoyed it.

Then again, my taste is pretty diverse..haha.  Has anyone watched it yet? I remember someone  here recommending it as well, quite some time ago.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Wait- so the actor from Hyena was also nominated?! 

You must be talking about Ju Ji Hoon. I've seen very little of him but I didn't think he was bad. Maybe the drama itself is problematic. I saw posters of Hyena and one of them was very cringy.

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

It's alright even if awards are not that 'fair' as long as nominees were good or charismatic in their respective roles. For example I think it's OK for JH to loose to Lee Byung Hyun or Jo Seung Woo. But nominating outright bad performances diminishes credibility of the awards.

Having separate categories for acting skills and popularity was good way of maintaining balance between artistic and commercial aspects of the dramas. 

It's not like JH will get to play LBW every year. There are not many K drama actors who have ability to play LBW like JH. :mellow:

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I think we should have an awards show here, whoever gets to recommend something that @Biology Lesson ends up liking is the winner :P (so far, Corey has gotten half and award for Hwarang and did she also recommend My Mister?) 

:joy:

But that would mean I would have to watch a lot of shows... :blink: That's a problem... can I start and stop in the middle?! :lol:

Ok Im going to throw a random recommendation here only because I recommended this to my brother and he enjoyed it, “Bad Guys”, its on Netflix. No romance, its mostly crime mistery action and I don’t even remember why I liked it way back when but I did. 

Here is the premise: 

To combat rising violent crimes (that and also to search for a specific serial killer who killed his daughter), the Police Chief asks Detective Oh Goo-Tak (Kim Sang-Joong) to form a team consisting of criminals. Detective Oh Goo-Tak is currently suspended from the police force for using excessive force. Detective Oh Goo-Tak gathers team members: Park Woong-Cheol (Ma Dong-Seok) who is a gangster, Lee Jung-Moon (Park Hae-Jin) who is the youngest serial killer with extraordinary intelligence and Jung Tae-Soo (Jo Dong-Hyuk) who is a contract killer. Also, Police Inspector Yoo Mi-Young (Gang Ye-Won) joins the team.

Actually good recommendation, cause I was thinking that in order for me to have a chance of liking a kdrama without JH I guess it will have to have no romance in it. a show centered on guys would be a good solution.

20 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Ok then I recommend the k-movie “Castaway on the moon” (WOL fl is there but she is not as annoying in it and she is not the main imo. In fact that poor actress worse character I’ve seen was the one in WOL) 

I will try. I have seen another movie with her- "Pained". She was quirky in that show too, though not as annoying. That movie was OK, though Kinda bleak at the end.

@azureblue7 The show you mentioned seems to be called "live". Actually sounds good! :

• Like 3

Having healthy body hair is good for men.

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Actually I never like watching this type of award shows. 

Reveal hidden contents

Frankly, I rather it just follow the novel. But I didn't read the novel so IDK how closely it was followed. B)

Ming Tai (real name : Hu Ge) & Ming Cheng (real name : Wang Kai) in real age is 38. They were 33 when filming this drama. Their oldest brother, Ming Lou (real name : Jin Dong) is 44. He was 39 when filming. Personally I like 3 of them. They have other good projects too. But anyway, taste in dramaland is so subjective to each individual.

The c drama that I like are mostly older drama because the recent young c actors all looked feminine to me :lol:. IDK your preferred genre but if you like watching the actor who acted as Ming Cheng, you can try his other drama WHEN A SNAIL FALLS IN LOVE. If you like the actor who acts as Ming Lou, you can try his other drama THE BEST PARTNER & if you like Ming Tai, you can try his other drama GAME OF HUNTING. (But IDK if these are genre that you like).

Here is a clip for you. The Disguiser men are asked to invite the Disguiser ladies to dance & wooh....Ming Lou looked the best! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCPars8jE3E

I don't like watching these type of awards shows as long as my favourites have not been invited.:lol:

Spoiler

I think my reaction is little over the top here. Right now I'm unable to differentiate NIF from Disguiser. Afterall I've seen Hyukie playing 20 something characters with his 40's face. :PMaybe I should give it one more chance after a few months.

Thanks for suggesting so many dramas. :D 

Three actors must have been even younger when they shot The Disguiser. I think C actors look older as compared to K actors. But still it's better than looking girly.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 2