Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The person that I guess did the album book for Elva just released these pics with JH from the their shoot together, filming the video clip for her song- 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, corey said:

@budgerie, I was not recommending, lol  :D   (I am done recommending after a complete fiasco of my recommending to @Biology Lesson ) I just quoted some titles which look promising to me and which I intend to look up. So far I have seen a bit of Fake Princess and The winner is love. Fake princess seems indeed too young, but the other one I will see a bit more before deciding

Lol..you got me laughing here! No worries, keep recommending, I'm not "picky"....:DWe all have different tastebud in dramaland. We all have different likes/dislikes. For me, either is k drama or c drama, I go for the "look" of the actors first.

IDK why but these days the young actors, all look feminine to me. In the earlier years, even though the actor may be young, but majority of them don't look feminine. So is it in recent years the trend has become like this that these actors must look flawless, & look feminine in order to qualify for the idol title? (I'm referring to the new generation of k actors/c actors). So the "look" is important to me as in he mustn't look feminine. B)

I'm also waiting for my fav c actors to have new projects. Seemed like they're all in hiatus, same for JH. :(Paving the way for the new generation of young actors/actress to come up??

• Like 3

Boxing today... Interesting that this hair cut here looks to have a kinda long fringe. It didn't look like that in the first picture-

No Baeksang nomination for JH... Now Baeksang awards have also turned into popularity awards. I saw all of nominations and half of them are laughable. I thought JH's performance in My Country was well recieved so would not be overlooked. I was wrong. :unsure:

@budgerie

I watched a few episodes of Disguiser and have to drop it. Main cast, directors and production company of this drama is same as NIF but it is not that good. I think one more reason why I'm reluctant to watch this drama is because the male lead's character in Disguiser is too silly and childish while he was extremely smart and shrewd in NIF. I don't want to erase his character's good image from my mind. :sweatingbullets:

So I rewatched NIF and liked it better because I had missed many key details. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

No Baeksang nomination for JH... Now Baeksang awards have also turned into popularity awards.

Something like Idol award? Never mind if you can act or not, so long as you're handsome or pretty??

@budgerie

I watched a few episodes of Disguiser and have to drop it. Main cast, directors and production company of this drama is same as NIF but it is not that good. I think one more reason why I'm reluctant to watch this drama is because the male lead's character in Disguiser is too silly and childish while he was extremely smart and shrewd in NIF. I don't want to erase his character's good image from my mind. :sweatingbullets:

So I rewatched NIF and liked it better because I had missed many key details. 

I know what you mean. I can't understand why the scriptwriter can't do a good job polishing the story. Afterall, it was taken from a novel, not like she or he had to write from scratch. Nothing against the actors personally. Infact, I like the 3 men. And the 3 of them acted in NIF as well.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

JH's new post. 

Notice that shirt here is completely wet- he works out hard! Also- is it me or does his sparring style seems to have changed? Maybe this is some kind of an exercise...

I wonder why the previous video was deleted... It's possible that it actually wasn't him, as the hair was indeed a bit longer compared to first picture showing his hair cut

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

New pics from magazine

cr IG owner

JH also posted the first picture and another old one...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

New pics from magazine

The second one looks like a center spread from the fold lines

21 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH also posted the first picture and another old one...

I like his hair in the second pic

• Like 5

New post by Westwood, still waiting for them to release the complete First Linen one officially 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Something like Idol award? Never mind if you can act or not, so long as you're handsome or pretty??

I know what you mean. I can't understand why the scriptwriter can't do a good job polishing the story. Afterall, it was taken from a novel, not like she or he had to write from scratch. Nothing against the actors personally. Infact, I like the 3 men. And the 3 of them acted in NIF as well.

They should rename it as Baeksang Business Awards instead of Baeksang Arts Awards. There is no need for distinct 'most popular actor' and 'best actor' categories anymore. 

Ironically these awards are highest honour for a drama actor in Korea. :mellow:

I also like Liu Min Tao who played concubine/consort Jing(awesome character ! ) in NIF. She has rather unique acting style(her accent/diction initially grated on my ears) but it works very well.  I think 3 men and 1 woman had good chemistry in both of dramas. Best part is all of them dubbed their own voices(thank God). The main problem lies with the characterization. The writer doesn't know difference between naivete and silliness. Moreover by no stretch of imagination Ming Tai can pass off as a 20 something dude. The actor though not too old has a mature face and he looks almost same age as his brothers. :sweatingbullets:

There are also inconsistencies in the plot.

Is there another Chinese drama that you like?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

They should rename it as Baeksang Business Awards instead of Baeksang Arts Awards. There is no need for distinct 'most popular actor' and 'best actor' categories anymore. 

Ironically these awards are highest honour for a drama actor in Korea. :mellow:

Wait- so the actor from Hyena was also nominated?! If so, that indeed confirms you calling these awards "Baeksang Business awards"- His acting was horrible! This proves what we already know; that these awards are concerned with one thing- ratings!

As much as I love JH getting acknowledgement, not sure this is the kind of acknowledgement I want... 

All I want is a show with a good script... clearly seeing the shows that were successful this year, that is not something that is very common.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I like his hair in the second pic

Me too! I love his 2nd picture and that hairstyle so so much. Why can’t he do that hairstyle in a new drama? He looks so model-esque there. I also love what he was wearing. And @budgerie, rolled up sleeves for you! :lol:

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Wait- so the actor from Hyena was also nominated?!

I think Ju Ji Hoon was nominated for his role in Kingdom and not Hyena? 

edit: my bad - it was for hyena. He was really bad? He got rave reviews for Kingdom. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

They should rename it as Baeksang Business Awards instead of Baeksang Arts Awards.

Actually I never like watching this type of award shows. I feel it's so subjective, don't know how the panel of judges select. Often times, the cannot act ones are up on stage. :(

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

The main problem lies with the characterization. The writer doesn't know difference between naivete and silliness. Moreover by no stretch of imagination Ming Tai can pass off as a 20 something dude. The actor though not too old has a mature face and he looks almost same age as his brothers. :sweatingbullets:

There are also inconsistencies in the plot.

Is there another Chinese drama that you like?

@fiesty8001

Spoiler

Frankly, I rather it just follow the novel. But I didn't read the novel so IDK how closely it was followed. B)

Ming Tai (real name : Hu Ge) & Ming Cheng (real name : Wang Kai) in real age is 38. They were 33 when filming this drama. Their oldest brother, Ming Lou (real name : Jin Dong) is 44. He was 39 when filming. Personally I like 3 of them. They have other good projects too. But anyway, taste in dramaland is so subjective to each individual.

The c drama that I like are mostly older drama because the recent young c actors all looked feminine to me :lol:. IDK your preferred genre but if you like watching the actor who acted as Ming Cheng, you can try his other drama WHEN A SNAIL FALLS IN LOVE. If you like the actor who acts as Ming Lou, you can try his other drama THE BEST PARTNER & if you like Ming Tai, you can try his other drama GAME OF HUNTING. (But IDK if these are genre that you like).

Here is a clip for you. The Disguiser men are asked to invite the Disguiser ladies to dance & wooh....Ming Lou looked the best! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCPars8jE3E

37 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

And @budgerie, rolled up sleeves for you! :lol:

Is it my eyes or is he hairy?

• LOL 3

@The Reel Life And I’m not sure why Kingdom got rave reviews. I didn’t find anything extraordinary about it :wacko:

The Baeksang awards used to have more prestige and  seemed to be more “fair” in the past. More than network award shows anyway. But now they all have become the same. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2