Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

@Sushimi welcome back! Good to have you back again - hopefully will see u around more often. I have also like others watched other dramas while waiting for Hyuk’s new show hehe. 
 

@corey haha glad the final 30 mins was still worth watching for you. I really liked the way he cried there. It was so real, you could really feel the pain. And it was also very different from his usual loud cry. It was that feeling of holding back after so long, and finally being able to let go of a burden in his heart - he portrayed it perfectly! A painful yet gentle and relieved cry and the same time. 
 

And to everyone else - I also felt the Voice vibes when I saw this haircut. I reallyyyyy hope it’s JUST ANOTHER haircut in the korean fashion world. I’d hate for him to do Voice again. Just my personal preference. If he does, I’ll probably be sad but still begrudgingly watch it lol. Well at least it’s not a sageuk - I wasn’t very excited for him to do a sageuk too haha. 
 

Seriously, fingers crossed it’s a different drama and something very different from what he used to do. I would really like to think that JH will not be the type to take 2 similar genres back to back. He would probably be itching to do something different. Maybe after so long they really want him back? Would he relent and do it after so long? I like to keep my expectations low so as to not be disappointed later so maybe I should just assume he may repeat Voice... :joy:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I was thinking maybe he cut his hair  in preparation for doing promos for The Swordsman? After all he needs to tidy up for the upcoming press conferences and photo shots etc? 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I would agree with you, if it wasn't for TMWYS. I was so sure JH would not agree to do another OCN show with the director of Voice unless he made sure it was good enough. But I was wrong, and, as much as I enjoyed OHJ, the show itself was a mess and he didn't get to show what he promised- a more psychological story that involves healing. So, I think until we hear about a new project- I will continue to be a little bit worried :)

Exactly, JH is smart and talented but he doesn’t make “perfect choices” all the time. He has made some really bad ones, so no reason to trust blindly here lol 

 

And about the new BOWL haircut, I jus want to say “Eeeeeeeeeeekkk” :crazy:

 

So sad that the fabulous mane of glory was never well utilized, not even in a good, sexy, photoshoot :tears:

 

@Prettysup Really girl? That new hairstyle looks “tidy” to you? :blink: And since when does JH tidy for promos? :mellow: plus, I honestly don’t think that movie will ever happen 

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Actually I was thinking maybe he cut his hair  in preparation for doing promos for The Swordsman? After all he needs to tidy up for the upcoming press conferences and photo shots etc? 

On the other hand, we know he will be promoting TMWYS in Japan in a few days,  so using that thinking, it actually would make more sense for him to keep the hair for that promotion... Unless he already filmed those shows he's supposed to appear in...

 

At any rate, it's all speculation... So frustrating to wait for the next project! he has two managers and still we're waiting so long?! What are those guys doing?!! I'm so bored! I swear, I'm gonna rewatch FTLY! For the 15th time!! :bawling:

 

In the mean time, I am trying to look at other shows of the actor from My Mister, as I liked him- any recommendations? (Not Miss Korea. That was horrible!)

 

Oh, and something we didn't discuss- what on earth is going on with JH's pants here?! :blink:They almost looks like sweatpants, but they are not...

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Exactly, JH is smart and talented but he doesn’t make “perfect choices” all the time. He has made some really bad ones, so no reason to trust blindly here lol 

 

And about the new BOWL haircut, I jus want to say “Eeeeeeeeeeekkk” :crazy:

 

So sad that the fabulous mane of glory was never well utilized, not even in a good, sexy, photoshoot :tears:

I didn't even get to see him tie it up..in a sexy pony tail..

 

I like the current bowl cut, the fringe is not too heavy like LYO. More like the one below.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biology Lesson It is my impression, understanding, that “managers” are more like “assistants” to the actors in SK. 
 

Anyway, in general this wait is not “so long”. It’s just that JH has us spoiled but other actors, especially, not young, more established ones, can wait more than a year or two between projects. 
 

I’m not going to recommend anything to you :) especially if you find one of my favorite shows “horrible”, it feels we don’t have much in common other than JH. But I’ll just point out the actor you like, Lee Sun Kyun, is on the movie “Parasite”, in the classic “Coffee Prince” and “Diary of a Prosecutor” which I didn’t watch but got good reviews and ratings (with the actress from WOL that you don’t like). He is also in Pasta which I personally disliked but again, my opinion is a moot point :P And I read that “Golden Time” and “White Tower” are sort of classics 

 

@azureblue7 I don’t like the bowl cut in any version but whatever. It was bound to happen. I just hoped he did “something” with that hair before chopping it off. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

In the mean time, I am trying to look at other shows of the actor from My Mister, as I liked him- any recommendations? (Not Miss Korea. That was horrible!)

Parasite. The movie. He was the rich husband. 
 

12 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

On the other hand, we know he will be promoting TMWYS in Japan in a few days,  so using that thinking, it actually would make more sense for him to keep the hair for that promotion... Unless he already filmed those shows he's supposed to appear

I thought international borders are closed? Perhaps pre recorded in Korea? 

 

11 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I didn't even get to see him tie it up..in a sexy pony tail..

Sigh me too. I really wanted to see him in a pony tail. 
 

11 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I like the current bowl cut, the fringe is not too heavy like LYO. More like the one below.

I think it will look better combed up but unfortunately it was down lol. And did it look as thought it was a bit curled??? His hair is usually stick straight so I really think this is intentionally styled for something, or he literally just came back from the salon and they did some styling for him. 
 

Edit: my bad. Went to look again and it’s just very layered and messy lol. Maybe he was wearing a hat and removed it for the photo haha. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Reel Life I don’t think his hair is “that straight” It’s kind of unruly, otherwise they wouldn’t need to use pins on him to keep it down like in Beautiful Mind etc. 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson It is my impression, understanding, that “managers” are more like “assistants” to the actors in SK. 
 

Well, they should assist him to get a role <_< I'm bored.... 

 

15 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Anyway, in general this wait is not “so long”. It’s just that JH has us spoiled but other actors, especially, not young, more established ones, can wait more than a year or two between projects. 
 

I’m not going to recommend anything to you :) especially if you find one of my favorite shows “horrible”, it feels we don’t have much in common other than JH. But I’ll just point out the actor you like is on the movie “Parasite”, in the classic “Coffee Prince” and “Witch’s Court” which I didn’t watch but got good reviews (with the actress from WOL that you don’t like). He is also in Pasta which I personally disliked but again, my opinion is a moot point :P

Parasite I will watch, but the rest don't sound interesting to me. I just saw one hour show he did- "a slightly risque relationship" or something like that. It had the crazy girl from Penthouse elephant, the one JH's character fell in love with. It was nice, but nothing special... 

And no way am I watching that actress from WOL- I can't stand her (thanks for the warning...).

Maybe I will try one of his movies...

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life I don’t think his hair is “that straight” It’s kind of unruly, otherwise they wouldn’t need to use pins on him to keep it down like in Beautiful Mind etc. 

I think they used pins to make it look unruly... in the first episodes on Urban cops you see his natural hair. It's generally stick straight, like it was in the Wassup man episode

 

18 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

 

I thought international borders are closed? Perhaps pre recorded in Korea? 

Not sure. I guess we will see in the next few days. I think he's supposed to appear in those shows in the first two week of June

 

18 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Sigh me too. I really wanted to see him in a pony tail. 
 

Me too... :bawling:

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life I don’t think his hair is “that straight” It’s kind of unruly, otherwise they wouldn’t need to use pins on him to keep it down like in Beautiful Mind etc. 

Actually I thought the pins were to create some kind of curls or wavy texturing on his otherwise smooth and straight bowl hair.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biology Lesson I made a mistake there, it’s not “Witch’s Court” but “Diary of a prosecutor” (still, legal drama, actress from WOL, etc) 

 

I’ve gotten into The Big Bang Theory lately and starting to watch classic sci fi, so I’m getting distracted. I’d like to see JH again in something good but I guess I’m not bored (fortunately)

 

Being absent for long is a sure way to make a person look elsewhere though? My loyalty is not THAT strong :ph34r:

 

And I guess we agree on some things, cause I find those pants kind of horrible :P And especially in combination with that denim shirt. It’s definitely not a flattering look. So sad this is the last time we got to see him with his beautiful mane :tears:

 

@azureblue7 He had waves in BM? Well, I’m no expert on hair. I’ll trust you on this. This new hairstyle looks like a low maintenance style, but maybe it’s styled to look like that? Like I said, I don’t know much about hair.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Though this is just my second week, I feel like I'm slowly getting used to it. And in my gym they really want girls to join, so they make sure to go gentle on us...  I want to learn the technique and all, but I'm really not interested in an injury or a black eye :sweatingbullets:

You can still go out? As in the gymn is open? Stay safe/well ya.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I made a mistake there, it’s not “Witch’s Court” but “Diary of a prosecutor” (still, legal drama, actress from WOL, etc) 

 

I’ve gotten into The Big Bang Theory lately and starting to watch classic sci fi, so I’m getting distracted. I’d like to see JH again in something good but I guess I’m not bored (fortunately)

 

 

If you are watching sci fi, allow me to recommend my favorite show of all time- Farscape. I will warn you though, the show contains muppets (Jim hanson's workshop was involved. That's the guy that created the muppet show), but once you are able to just flow with it, that show is the best. This show has a character that kinda reminded my of the girl that fall for Dae gil in chuno- a former prostitute , but her character was done in a much more realistic way, actually showing the effects of her past on her character. 

10 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

 

And I guess we agree on some things, cause I find those pants kind of horrible :P And especially in combination with that denim shirt. It’s definitely not a flattering look. So sad this is the last time we got to see him with his beautiful mane :tears:

 

That whole outfit is strange. Looks like he he got dressed in the dark... :D

 

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, budgerie said:

You can still go out? As in the gymn is open? Stay safe/well ya.

The lockdown in my country was eased in the beginning of May- now the schools are open, and also the gyms. We're almost back to normal except people are still using the masks

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biology Lesson I love Farscape! Its one of my favorite shows ever and John and Aeryn one of my favorite couples, Aeryn Sun my absolute favorite female lead etc. I even used her name as a handle for a while. Its an amazing show with amazing characters. I loved all of it :wub: I’m considering a rewatch. 

 

Glad to hear your country is getting back to normal :heart: Hopefully infection numbers are controlled and there’s no hospital crisis. Both my countries (where I live and where I was born) are on the top of the lists on infections and there is a huge healthcare crisis going on. I literally have nowhere to run :sweatingbullets: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I made a mistake there, it’s not “Witch’s Court” but “Diary of a prosecutor” (still, legal drama, actress from WOL, etc) 

 

I’ve gotten into The Big Bang Theory lately and starting to watch classic sci fi, so I’m getting distracted. I’d like to see JH again in something good but I guess I’m not bored (fortunately)

 

Being absent for long is a sure way to make a person look elsewhere though? My loyalty is not THAT strong :ph34r:

 

And I guess we agree on some things, cause I find those pants kind of horrible :P And especially in combination with that denim shirt. It’s definitely not a flattering look. So sad this is the last time we got to see him with his beautiful mane :tears:

 

@azureblue7 He had waves in BM? Well, I’m no expert on hair. I’ll trust you on this. This new hairstyle looks like a low maintenance style, but maybe it’s styled to look like that? Like I said, I don’t know much about hair.   

Ya..I don't like the pants too. @Biology Lessoncomment about them dressing him in the dark made me lol! I hope there are more pics taken of him before he cut it today.

 

I'm not 100% sure about the pins. LYO didn't have waves..just not so straight like MJH, more textured.. Thought that's what the pins are for.

 

Anyway, just hope news of his project will be coming up soon with his new haircut!:lol:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sushimi said:

How are yall doing?
 

My dear sushi, I've been doing gradually better until I saw our JH new coiffure. And I have just watched the ending of Voice (could not stomach the entire show), and he does look like he is doing VOice 4 as the speculation goes here. Big yick

 

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

And to everyone else - I also felt the Voice vibes when I saw this haircut. I reallyyyyy hope it’s JUST ANOTHER haircut in the korean fashion world. I’d hate for him to do Voice again. Just my personal preference. If he does, I’ll probably be sad but still begrudgingly watch it lol.

 

Well, Voice 4 would be a big no no for me. I would rather watch BM for the umpteenth time and pretend this never happened.

 

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, and something we didn't discuss- what on earth is going on with JH's pants here?! :blink:They almost looks like sweatpants, but they are not.

 

 

Yes, this entire "lewk" is horrible. Whoever the stylist was, he/she should be fired. Firstly, why would anyone dress JH in oversized clothes all over? Ill-fitting too short trousers in the most horrible light grey - it is the colour I believe that gives the impression of sweatpants.

And denim jacket on top, hiding his figure? Poor thing looks like a fashion victim....

  • Like 2
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I love Farscape! Its one of my favorite shows ever and John and Aeryn one of my favorite couples, Aeryn Sun my absolute favorite female lead etc. I even used her name as a handle for a while. Its an amazing show with amazing characters. I loved all of it :wub: I’m considering a rewatch. 

I loved the way they wrote John and Aeryn's relationship. Just amazing . All of the characters in the show are well done. So when I compared Chiana to the girl from Chuno, I was very disappointed. The lack of complexity in most characters in Kdramas is one of my main problems with Kdramas in general. Dae gill was the only complex character in that show since JH created that complexity all on his own. 

1 minute ago, dramafan33 said:

 

Glad to hear your country is getting back to normal :heart: Hopefully infection numbers are controlled and there’s no hospital crisis. Both my countries (where I live and where I was born) are on the top of the lists on infections and there is a huge healthcare crisis going on. I literally have nowhere to run :sweatingbullets: 

I'm sad to hear that. I hope that soon the situation will be resolved... In my country the situation wasn't too bad, so we were able to get back to near normality sooner. Only time will tell if that was a mistake...

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@corey You know what? That style with baggy “sweatpants” and denim shirt reminds me of when I was a child and didn’t have my own sense of style. The few times I went shopping for clothes with my dad, I ended up looking like that :lol: Always the wrong dress size and shoe size. One time we got a pair of shoes where left and right shoe weren’t the same size! Another times my shoes were so big I looked like a clown. It was always a mess! My mom, who is almost a fashionista was horrified when I got home lol! But for the longest time I never cared what I wore, my parents would decide and buy me clothes so it was never up to me lol until college when I finally started to sort of experiment and made a few messes of my own. I even embraced bell bottoms (they made a comeback in the 90s) but mine were so exaggerated. Oh boy. Im blushing just remembering my fashion crimes. 

  • LOL 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...