Pics of the same dinner gathering, this time posted by Choi Ki-sub yesterday.

All 3 of them were holding the wine bottle except Hyuk ?

His captions read:

It's been three years since all four of us got together. LOL
Time flies as we chat, after a while will hulu hulu ~

Gyu-ah, Dam-ah, Thanks for the wine ~ Will drink it well :)

106104172_1697841097058212_1480116105044

105679475_1697841120391543_6918816626006

105603530_1697841173724871_7377625550024

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

that they made him uglier, because otherwise he would be better looking than Junho and it would make the FL look like an idiot for choosing Junho.

He is already better looking than the other guy IMO. But what sort of logic the production has? Make someone uglier so as not to outshine the ML? :o

why JH doesn’t get to be paired enough with powerhouse leading actresses these days 

Was he ever paired with powerhouse leading actresses before? Who are the powerhouse leading actresses btw?

5 hours ago, corey said:

That is absolutely correct. I am fine with the curls and I hate the "mushroom" covering his entire forehead

I feel so too that he isn't suitable to have a mushroom hairstyle. But it seemed like the hairstylist like to give mushroom hairstyle to their actors.

@The Reel Life@azureblue7Thank you for the points. Do you need any? I can donate to you too. I really don't know what to do with the points but I'm truly touched by your generousity. :heartxoxo:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Pics of the same dinner gathering, this time posted by Choi Ki-sub yesterday.

All 3 of them were holding the wine bottle except Hyuk ?

His captions read:

It's been three years since all four of us got together. LOL
Time flies as we chat, after a while will hulu hulu ~

Gyu-ah, Dam-ah, Thanks for the wine ~ Will drink it well :)

106104172_1697841097058212_1480116105044

Hyuk has it too.He was holding a plastic bag in his hand.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@corey Powerhouse actresses (or at least A-listers) who are closer to JH age: Son Ye Jin, Gong Hyo Jin, Kim Hee Ae, Kim Sun Ah, Ha Ji Won, Shin Min Ah, Jang Nara and Im sure I’m forgetting some. 

You got all those right! Yeah there are definitely more, not forgetting Kim Hee Sun, Choi Ji Woo, Lee Young Ae, Lee Na Young (although she’s hardly active), Song Hye Kyo, Bae Doona, Lee Bo Young...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

You got all those right! Yeah there are definitely more, not forgetting Kim Hee Sun, Choi Ji Woo, Lee Young Ae, Lee Na Young (although she’s hardly active), Song Hye Kyo, Bae Doona, Lee Bo Young...

Yes, all of them and I will add Lee Yo Won :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JUng Ryeo-Won (from WoL) is an A-lister? Is she? Other powerhouse leading actresses that came to my mind are Park Min Young, Bae Suzy, IU, Park SHin Hye, Jun Ji Hyun  - but I may be wrong, I am only judging from the most popular shows over the last five years or so.

Serious? JRW is an A lister? I didn't find her acting good in WOL. 

10 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@corey Powerhouse actresses (or at least A-listers) who are closer to JH age: Son Ye Jin, Gong Hyo Jin, Kim Hee Ae, Kim Sun Ah, Ha Ji Won, Shin Min Ah, Jang Nara, Lee Bo Young, and Im sure I’m forgetting some. 

The actress in TY is also an A lister? Oh wow, er, what's the critieria to be an A lister? Although I find her acting in TY is watchable but I tried some of her other drama, I couldn't continue with it.

@budgerie A-listers are actors who are and have been consistently successful over the years. They have been leads in dramas with good ratings, tend to win awards, etc. Objectively I find a few of these actors not to my liking, but nonetheless they have good professional reputation. They are considered “solid” in the industry. Hwan Jung Eum is another A-lister, and someone who is either loved or disliked by the audience in almost equal proportion. Still, no one can deny her marketability. So I guess it’s a mix of experience + popularity + reputation 

PS I think how artists market themselves, their agencies, their connections etc etc etc also has major influence on these “categories” like it happens in entertainment business everywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

36 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

PS I think how artists market themselves, their agencies, their connections etc etc etc also has major influence on these “categories” like it happens in entertainment business everywhere. 

Remember somewhere in this forum few pages ago, I spoke about the c drama "we are all alone" which is coming out soon or already came out, the FL works in the entertainment industry. I happened to watch the preview/trailer, @dramafan33you're so right, agencies play a rather major role in marketing their artistes. I think I'm going to watch this drama more for the sake of wanting to know what is "behind the scene" of every celebrity (agency) & we might know why Sidus is not actively marketing JH. Hahaha! It could be JH himself didn't want to be marketed this way...who knows.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

Remember somewhere in this forum few pages ago, I spoke about the c drama "we are all alone" which is coming out soon or already came out, the FL works in the entertainment industry. I happened to watch the preview/trailer, @dramafan33you're so right, agencies play a rather major role in marketing their artistes. I think I'm going to watch this drama more for the sake of wanting to know what is "behind the scene" of every celebrity (agency) & we might know why Sidus is not actively marketing JH. Hahaha! It could be JH himself didn't want to be marketed this way...who knows.

If we're talking about promotion of actors. Right now I can tell you that on my YouTube recommendations I'm getting recommendation from MBCdrama for a show with Song Seung-Heon. This is how korean channels promote shows. Generally speaking, the shows that JH has done recently didn't have a very good promotion campaign... It could be that the channels messed it up, more than Sidus. Who knows.

Also- you guys spoke about A-list actresses. So, in order for them to consistently be in successful shows, does that mean that what they do is Romantic comedies and melos? And the question again comes up- is there a show that they did that you wish JH also did?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

More from TvN. Notice in this clip- not a single word from JH... Everyone around so noisy...

In this clip- he's also very quiet. I wonder if he'll get to say more than two words... I don't think this show has the best premise for JH, even if CTH is there.

• Sad 2

Hey guys, am a bit of an on-and-off lurker on this thread for a couple of years now but decided to create an account to join in discussion on my favourite actor :D

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

In this clip- he's also very quiet. I wonder if he'll get to say more than two words... I don't think this show has the best premise for JH, even if CTH is there.

Got to agree with you here. I don't really mind chatterboxes in variety shows, but CTH and LSG seems abnormally loud in the previous trailer too. We might not even see much of him which is quite a shame

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

And the question again comes up- is there a show that they did that you wish JH also did?

I can't answer you this because I don't watch other k actresses much unless they're acting with JH. The only actress I kinda like is HJW which I watched Empress Ki. It would be good if the ML could be JH because I found the ML in EK kinda young. He was about 26 when EK was broadcasted. He didn't do quite badly but I just preferred an older looking ML.

Just now, meowpow said:

Hey guys, am a bit of an on-and-off lurker on this thread for a couple of years now but decided to create an account to join in discussion on my favourite actor :D

Hi & welcome! Hope you'll have a wonderful time here with us!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, meowpow said:

Welcome and join the fun! :transforms:

2 minutes ago, meowpow said:

Got to agree with you here. I don't really mind chatterboxes in variety shows, but CTH and LSG seems abnormally loud in the previous trailer too. We might not even see much of him which is quite a shame

From the BTS pictures we saw, they filmed for at least two days, so hopefully by the second day JH was feeling more talkative, but even with his friends he tends to be rather quiet. In order for him to talk, the MCs need to address him personally and give him a little bit of space... Yoo Jae-suk from Running man and Family outing is very good at that. But CTH- not so much... 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

More from TvN. Notice in this clip- not a single word from JH... Everyone around so noisy...

hm..both trailers still pretty short.  I'm hoping more because of person who edit might have a bias or thought that is what's interesting.

@azureblue7 Even if he was serious like in Ding Ge Long Dong Qiang I hope we get to see as much of him.  Still entertaining or good amount on that show and he had some devious or fun moments too.

• Like 5