Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

 

The translation is not clear here... What is she saying? Is what she is writing here is based on something that he said?

I'm seeing some of Christine posts, and it's often difficult to understand. 

 

 

I think she said, "This person's (JH) concern is that his face is not a good face as an actor, his face is too easy to be imprinted in people's minds (that is, he stands out, he is handsome) but he also played a character who is struggling with life like Yoo Ji-chul, whose looks should that of  ordinary people leading ordinary life, but he (JH) still looks  handsome .TT"

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 Hmmm now I see how a certain hairstyle can also help himself in getting immersed in the role. It’s probably not just for the audience perception but also for himself (?). I guess it helps one “get into it” even more.

I think so too. It could be his  way to detach from his previous role and get immersed in a new role quickly.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think she said, "This person's (JH) concern is that his face is not a good face as an actor, his face is too easy to be imprinted in people's minds (that is, he stands out, he is handsome) but he also played a character who is struggling with life like Yoo Ji-chul, whose looks should that of  ordinary people leading ordinary life, but he (JH) still looks  handsome .TT"

Wow! that's a very interesting concern... It's funny cause most of Korean leads are handsome, and from what I see, most of them will use their face to the best effect, emphasizing their looks. Most stars depend on being recognized, and they will also usually  do similar roles, so the audience will know what to expect of them. And then you have JH, who goes the other way- always thinking on ways to make himself look different, so the audience will not see him, but his character, and he will also always look for different roles. Clearly JH is not interested in being a star, but in being a great a actor. Thank god!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, budgerie said:

Yes, Nicky Wu version is 2011. It was such a hit at that time. (Btw, do you know that NW & the FL are real husb/wife)? :DThe sequel wasn't good. I always never believe in sequel. Seems like because of the success of the drama, the writers just simply come up with a sequel. Just end the drama as it is without any sequel. :triumph:

Oh yea I saw their interview once and they seem like a fun couple.  I don't remember what the sequel was about, but I remember I was bored quick.

 

Looking back at pics of sogc.  Doesn't he seem more comfortable with Honey too vs main fl or do I need to see more pics?  I think it's honey's personality too like very loving and like to get close in general.

south-korean-actors-lee-hanee-and-jang-h

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Looking back at pics of sogc.  Doesn't he seem more comfortable with Honey too vs main fl or do I need to see more pics?  I think it's honey's personality too like very loving and like to get close in general.

I really hope he'll partner Honey Lee to do another drama together. This girl is talented yo. She's a professional gayageum player, a scuba diver, competitive skier, black belt in taekwondo, plus a Ms Universe 3rd runner up title, on top of being an actress & model. I guess maybe JH is comfortable with her because she has a boyfriend. Hahaha! No room for unnecessary rumours.

 

If you watch Sunny's FM date with JH & OYS (the FL of SOGC), she does come across as someone shy & it does give me an awkward feeling. Either she is really shy or maybe she does really have feelings for JH (afterall, they were still filming at that time). Anyway, the man's taken (hahaha)!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Oh yea I saw their interview once and they seem like a fun couple.  I don't remember what the sequel was about, but I remember I was bored quick.

 

Looking back at pics of sogc.  Doesn't he seem more comfortable with Honey too vs main fl or do I need to see more pics?  I think it's honey's personality too like very loving and like to get close in general.

south-korean-actors-lee-hanee-and-jang-h

My problem with her is that in TFP she was awful! Absolutely awful! I guess she just doesn't have a talent for comedy. In SOGC I liked her well enough, but it's not like she emoted that much in that show.

 

As to the main fl, there was this one comment that I saw her make in one of the BTS vids that I didn't like. There was the scene in which WS asked "gebong" to spread ointment on his back, and so JH took his shirt off for that scene, to "gebong"'s embarrassment. So in this BTS vid from a later different scene, I don't really remember what they were discussing, but a certain point she suggested that he take off his shirt again, but it felt like she was mocking him... Also, there was the BTS vid that @dramafan33 told about, of a scene in which JH was supposed to cry, and she (the actress) started laughing at him that he did. 

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

If you watch Sunny's FM date with JH & OYS (the FL of SOGC), she does come across as someone shy & it does give me an awkward feeling. Either she is really shy or maybe she does really have feelings for JH (afterall, they were still filming at that time). Anyway, the man's taken (hahaha)!

I also felt like there was something awkward about the whole thing. She almost never looked at JH during that interview, while he was clearly looking to make eye contact.... Don't know, maybe I'm over reading into it. At any rate, she was good enough with JH in that show and quite funny.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

My problem with her is that in TFP she was awful! Absolutely awful! I guess she just doesn't have a talent for comedy. In SOGC I liked her well enough, but it's not like she emoted that much in that show.

 

As to the main fl, there was this one comment that I saw her make in one of the BTS vids that I didn't like. There was the scene in which WS asked "gebong" to spread ointment on his back, and so JH took his shirt off for that scene, to "gebong"'s embarrassment. So in this BTS vid from a later different scene, I don't really remember what they were discussing, but a certain point she suggested that he take off his shirt again, but it felt like she was mocking him... Also, there was the BTS vid that @dramafan33 told about, of a scene in which JH was supposed to cry, and she (the actress) started laughing at him that he did. 

I also felt like there was something awkward about the whole thing. She almost never looked at JH during that interview, while he was clearly looking to make eye contact.... Don't know, maybe I'm over reading into it. At any rate, she was good enough with JH in that show and quite funny.

 

 

Oh when I say comfortable I was just talking about in real life.  As for TFP I think that is the style like manga-like so all the characters have these exaggerated moments not just her.

 

Teasing for me is ok, but mocking has more of negative intent.  OYS also has a scandal in past that hurt her with Lee Joon in WGM.  Maybe that's also why she's more conscious.   It did cross my mind that maybe she liked JH in some stuff that I saw, but I didn't watch that many bts of SOGC to be honest.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Oh when I say comfortable I was just talking about in real life.  As for TFP I think that is the style like manga-like so all the characters have these exaggerated moments not just her.

I agree that there was a lot of over acting in TFP, but I'm separating it from her acting. In my opinion she was plain bad. In all the moments that she was trying to act all tough, it just felt fake! I noticed a similar inability to convey that attitude from Jang Nara in "Hello, Monster". This overly tough and abrasive attitude seem to be really foreign to them, so it comes out as fake. But as the show continued Jang Nara lost that attitude, so her acting was fine in the rest of the show (though somewhat bland, and she really didn't have any chemistry with the lead). But in TFP, she either was over acting or bad acting. In the few heartfelt moments in that show I wasn't feeling her,  But that is the only show I've seen her in except for SOGC... 

In the interviews she did seem quite nice and friendly, though I didn't see her interact that much with JH. There are some cute blooper footage of her with JH, though, especially when he was trying to carry her to bed :) 

Quote

Teasing for me is ok, but mocking has more of negative intent.  OYS also has a scandal in past that hurt her with Lee Joon in WGM.  Maybe that's also why she's more conscious.   It did cross my mind that maybe she liked JH in some stuff that I saw, but I didn't watch that many bts of SOGC to be honest.

Have no idea really. In all the rest of the footage JH and her seemed friendly enough...

 

This reminded me that I saw these pics yesterday, but the third picture here caught me especially. Since in the show, she hated WS so much, it's nice to see this friendly moment. The funny thing here is that she is the same age as JH!

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I also felt like there was something awkward about the whole thing. She almost never looked at JH during that interview, while he was clearly looking to make eye contact....

True. It was awkward enough. She never looked his direction unless he specifically asked her a question. He was trying to look for eye contact.

 

Either she's got social anxiety or she's attracted to him. Other signs she showed were : fidgeting (touching her hair alot) giggling alot (even when I thought nothing was funny) & appeared very shy infront of him. These are some signs of attraction (hahaha).

 

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

Teasing for me is ok, but mocking has more of negative intent. 

I did read in chinese article (previously) that she said she took up this role because of JH. She said every actress must work with JH. Praised him alot though.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, budgerie said:

 

I did read in chinese article (previously) that she said she took up this role because of JH. She said every actress must work with JH. Praised him alot though.

hihi I do remember reading that.   Yea the stuff I saw before I only saw it as teasing, but since Biology mention mocking that's why I said that.  Sometime it is hard to say when we only see like a small portion of certain clips though.

 

@Biology Lesson I never thought about the 3rd picture that actress was same age.  Hihi who can really hate JH though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

hihi I do remember reading that.   Yea the stuff I saw before I only saw it as teasing, but since Biology mention mocking that's why I said that.  Sometime it is hard to say when we only see like a small portion of certain clips though.

I guess it could be that that actress is kinda humorous and maybe she was kidding around with JH. 

In this interview they seem friendly enough (though I do wish I knew what they are saying...)

15 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

@Biology Lesson I never thought about the 3rd picture that actress was same age.  Hihi who can really hate JH though.

Oh, her character hated WS, not she hated JH :) I wish I could find the bloopers footage from the show. That set seemed to have been a lot fun. Also, there is an interview with he actor who played the brother (who I really liked! He was hilarious!) and he seems to be speaking about JH, but it's not translated so I have no idea what he's saying :( 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I guess it could be that that actress is kinda humorous and maybe she was kidding around with JH. 

In this interview they seem friendly enough (though I do wish I knew what they are saying...)

Oh, her character hated WS, not she hated JH :) I wish I could find the bloopers footage from the show. That set seemed to have been a lot fun. Also, there is an interview with he actor who played the brother (who I really liked! He was hilarious!) and he seems to be speaking about JH, but it's not translated so I have no idea what he's saying :( 

 

 

Haha we got to learn more Korean.  He said something about Jang Hyuk and Oh Yeon Seo and extreme drama.  Although, the first video I really wish to understand touching part more.  JH said something to interviewer like You can't touch it.  I'm just touching it and I'm like need rest of that story.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2020 at 1:41 PM, Biology Lesson said:

Wow! that's a very interesting concern... It's funny cause most of Korean leads are handsome, and from what I see, most of them will use their face to the best effect, emphasizing their looks. Most stars depend on being recognized, and they will also usually  do similar roles, so the audience will know what to expect of them. And then you have JH, who goes the other way- always thinking on ways to make himself look different, so the audience will not see him, but his character, and he will also always look for different roles. Clearly JH is not interested in being a star, but in being a great a actor. Thank god!

It's interesting because I just read a Vietnamese article about Director Yim Soon Rye rejecting JH along with other actors for their good looks early in her career.  I wonder if that has something to do with it.

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

It's interesting because I just read a Vietnamese article about Director Yim Soon Rye rejecting JH along with other actors for their good looks early in her career.  I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Don't know who she is, but it's her loss... Damn stupid reason to reject an actor. I wonder if this is why JH changed his look early in his career- he started out doing Model with a classically handsome look, and then adopted an edgier and sometimes goofier look and did quirky roles for a while. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I guess it could be that that actress is kinda humorous and maybe she was kidding around with JH. 

In this interview they seem friendly enough (though I do wish I knew what they are saying...)

Just briefly : they were basically introducing their characters & teased each other about the fun stuff while filming. OYS said she had to touch JH alot in this drama & JH "complained" about being touched alot :DHoney Lee said the hair dress is elaborate & heavy & gave her headaches when she gets home. The interviewer said to her, your role is supposed to be a great beauty & Honey Lee said of course & flipped her hair! Lol...The girls said JH is caring & warm.

 

I did'nt bother to read the subtitles when the other 2 guys were talking....

  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed pictures of Bang Won from Empire of lust, and it's amazing how different he is from Bang won in MC. Besides the idiotic fake beard (why do that when JH's natural facial hair is just fine?!), in Empire of lust there was this harder edge to him. He was an obvious bad guy, while Bang won in MC was so nuanced...

Image

 

but another thing about Bang won in EOF- he was sexy as hell! :) I wish they would have allowed for him to express that side of him in MC. That short exchange with the girl in the beginning doesn't count, since he was pretending there. Come to think about it- do we even know why he was pretending to be drunk at the beginning?! Why was he hiding his true nature? It was cool, but didn't really have any importance... 

Image

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea what is going on here, But JH appeared his friend from GOD YouTube show (?) :) I think there will be subtitles in a few hours...

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I have no idea what is going on here, But JH appeared his friend from GOD YouTube show (?) :) I think there will be subtitles in a few hours...

 

Love it! He’s so hilarious even though I don’t understand much. So much warmth between them. And this looks like the same day he was in the office when the pansori singer took picture with him! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Love it! He’s so hilarious even though I don’t understand much. So much warmth between them. And this looks like the same day he was in the office when the pansori singer took picture with him! 

No,it is different. He wore a different hat and Tshirt.

 

Screencaps of the video and some clips of his closeup

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...