Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie I’m with you in liking the Queen in SOGC, and she also had some interesting chemistry with JH (plus I find Honey Lee to be gorgeous in sageuk,

Yes she looks good in sageuk. She seemed to have that provocative look. :PInfact I enjoyed her scene with Wang So more than WS scene with Gaebong. Most of WS scenes with Gaebong are fun type (can actually feel the LG image) but scenes with his Queen is serious, sad, anger & I preferred JH acting these emotions.

I would like to see her work with JH again to see how that goes. But, as far as the character is concerned they could’ve made their relationship more interesting, complex, maybe some kind of platonic love/hate thing or maybe an “intelectual” bond between them, kind of like what they did in “Six flying dragons”. Bangwon had a fictional romance with the female lead in that but also had a more “strategic” but still interesting relationship with the character who played his eventual wife. But well, they didn’t chose that route -_-

Me too. I hope JH works with Honey Lee again. The few scenes they had in SOGC was more interesting for me than those with Gaebong :DI also like the girl who pretended to work in the brothel & she was WS spy.

• Like 3

JH's coffee truck support for his Sunbaenim, Jung Wo Sung

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Did he trim his hair a little? He looks less bulky now. Haha.

Oh no! :tears:

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

I'm one of the minority who likes the Queen in SOGC.

Well, the whole thing about marrying your half sister is too weird and creepy for me . Also - I have been thinking if the ending where the Gaebong stays as one of the Wang So wives would work for me and I decided that perhaps the idea of polygamy on top of marriage with half sister is a bit too much for my modern sensibilities. Of course it is historically correct and was perfectly normal in the past. However, maybe  the writers also  thought along these lines as well, that it would be too much to swallow for the modern audience....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, corey said:

Well, the whole thing about marrying your half sister is too weird and creepy for me . Also - I have been thinking if the ending where the Gaebong stays as one of the Wang So wives would work for me and I decided that perhaps the idea of polygamy on top of marriage with half sister is a bit too much for my modern sensibilities. Of course it is historically correct and was perfectly normal in the past. However, maybe  the writers also  thought along these lines as well, that it would be too much to swallow for the modern audience....

Frankly, I too didn't know that it was allowed in historical era to marry your half sister. I remembered when I was a child, my grandparents were very strict towards my aunts/uncles never to marry someone with the same surname B)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

JH at the gym today with Choi Ki sub

Did he trim his hair a little? He looks less bulky now. Haha.

Hihi maybe he read in forum not too long ago that didn't want him to be too bulky. Do you prefer him bigger?

• LOL 2

8 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Hihi maybe he read in forum not too long ago that didn't want him to be too bulky. Do you prefer him bigger?

I’m so confused! The last time (I think 2 boxing sessions ago) we saw him and his arms were so bulky. Now they look normal again. Was it just the angle? 

5 hours ago, corey said:

Oh no! :tears:

I think you can take heart in the fact that if he indeed trim, he didn’t go all the way and cut it short when he absolutely could have! This makes me feel like he is intentionally keeping his hair long, but not too long to the point it is bothersome. I guess like what some of you have been guessing here may be right. He mayyyyyy be waiting to announce or do a sageuk project. 

Personally Im still keeping my fingers crossed he will do a modern drama with long hair though haha. (That is not a recluse like he was in TMWYS). I’m just not a fan of sageuks in general. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

I like him when he was in Money flower. He's fine now too. As long as he shows up on the screen soon!! Pleeeaasee!

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I’m so confused! The last time (I think 2 boxing sessions ago) we saw him and his arms were so bulky. Now they look normal again. Was it just the angle? 

I think it is probably just the angle. Haha!

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I think you can take heart in the fact that if he indeed trim, he didn’t go all the way and cut it short when he absolutely could have! This makes me feel like he is intentionally keeping his hair long, but not too long to the point it is bothersome. I guess like what some of you have been guessing here may be right. He mayyyyyy be waiting to announce or do a sageuk project. 

Actually I was thinking if it was a sageuk, the length doesnt quite matter as long as it is long enough. Maybe he is doing a modern piece? Rom com? 

• Like 5

He is really one inspiring role model to the juniors.:wub:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Wow thanks @azureblue7  didn’t know he would also give advices to his hoobaes. I presume the guy is from Sidus? 

but the second question’s translation from korean is totally confusing lol. Character was sad because i wasn’t really sad? If you are sad how do you feel sad?

I totally can’t understand haha :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Wow thanks @azureblue7  didn’t know he would also give advices to his hoobaes. I presume the guy is from Sidus? 

but the second question’s translation from korean is totally confusing lol. Character was sad because i wasn’t really sad? If you are sad how do you feel sad?

Yes, he is from sidus too. Glad Hyuk is not the aloof kind of Sunbaenim. He was in the drama Love Cell where Hyuk had a cameo in.

I don't understand the 2nd part too and gave up trying to translate.. hahahaha. Maybe he meant he didn't feel sad even though his character is. So how should he portray that sadness that his character has?

• Like 2

Another scene of a man touching Jang Hyuk’s pretty face :P Thanks @azureblue7

BTW I love this actor’s rapport with JH in this drama. This father-son relationship was so difficult

And another thing I love about BM is its soundtrack. It’s so appropiate and subtle. Some k-dramas play the OST too loud (I’ve noticed this even in dramas where I’ve liked the soundtrack) it’s either too loud or the songs don’t match or are a bit too “pop” and “cheesy-ish” for the dramatic moment. It’s like they force them in and use the dramas as promotion vehicles. I’m alright with that in rom-com but in other genres it’s too much of a distraction imo

However, in BM the soundtrack just really helped set the mood, it was literally just that, the background music and it enhanced the scene instead of distracting. I really liked it. 

• Love 2

9 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Yes as @azureblue7 replied above, I think he meant how to portray a sad character when he is not sad in real life. I watched Rugal and his character is really a pretty sad one. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yes as @azureblue7 replied above, I think he meant how to portray a sad character when he is not sad in real life. I watched Rugal and his character is really a pretty sad one. 

Thanks, I'm made changes to my post. I only watched the 1st 3 eps of Rugal and I got distracted by 205.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

He is really one inspiring role model to the juniors.:wub:

It sounds like he coaches the young actors... I'm constantly trying to make sense of his position in Sidus...

• Like 3

@azureblue7 How awesome that JH is like a mentor to those younger actors in Sidus :wub: He must be enjoying that role so much. I feel like he is a “natural born” teacher. He seems to love sharing his experience and helping others.

The fact that he advised this young actor about his recent role and not necessarily about a drama that he (JH) was involved with. It’s so sweet how much he cares about the craft and about younger actors (the opposite of some of those seniors who’d make him feel bad in the past) What a great way to leave a legacy, not only with amazing roles that moved many but through mentoring and inspiring other artists

The last statement sounds like something JH would say :P A riddle to rack our brains endlessly 

@budgerie You mean the spy played by the actress who also played the team leader in TMWYS right? I wanted to see chemistry between them in TMWYS but both characters were so cold, no chemistry was possible. The actress has charisma though. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

It sounds like he coaches the young actors... I'm constantly trying to make sense of his position in Sidus...

I think like what @dramafan33 mentioned above, he  loves his work and loves sharing too what he does.  :wub: Reading how younger actors look up to him when there are so many other senior actors around them, makes me really feel that he is really a great Sunbaenim!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

JH's coffee truck support for his Sunbaenim, Jung Wo Sung

I didn't know they were close... we're sure that it's from JH? I mean usually there is also a picture of the sender of the truck... You think JH was joking by putting only Jung Wo Sung pics, like saying it doesn't really matter since they look alike?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Another scene of a man touching Jang Hyuk’s pretty face :P Thanks @azureblue7

BTW I love this actor’s rapport with JH in this drama. This father-son relationship was so difficult

Oh yea I love their interactions.  The caress and then the like smack in the face afterward feeling.  It was fun reading the comments.  People guessing whether father did some mind control thing to LYO or experiment,  I'm glad father didn't play like plain evil character.  

@azureblue7 also watch Rugal.  Hihi think JH would fit in to that genre too.  Are you going to finish Rugal or give up?

• Like 3

@Biology Lesson I had read somewhere that he and JWS were friends but I’m not sure where or how close. This show of support feels a bit random though? I think :P

@phoenix24 Did you like Rugal? I read it was kind of outrageous but was curious about it plus I have some inexplicable affection for Choi Jin Hyuk :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I had read somewhere that he and JWS were friends but I’m not sure where or how close. This show of support feels a bit random though? I think :P

Very random... In the translation they refer to JWS as a director... is he directing this show? I wonder why JH suddenly sent him this truck...

Edit: In this post it's said that they are friendly and that JWS attended JH's wedding (in the second picture). Didn't know this. A quiet friendship :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1