Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

8 minutes ago, corey said:

You mean the scene at the beginning of ep. 4? But he wore red robes there, I think.

I mean this look:

yi bang won | Tumblr

This is not a very good picture, because you cannot see the blood stain (I am not good at finding suitable pictures, i guess)

Here we have the blood stain but the hair is tied:

mycountry Instagram photos and videos - zoopps.com

Oh, yeah! I meant the scene in the beginning in the forest- wild eyes and hair in that red robe... 

bayydreams - In the Feels Tumblr Blog | Tumgir

So we know exactly how he got that look, right?

Hide contents

It is after Hwi shot him and Nam Jeong visited him and tried to strangle him (and then there was this famous scene where JH "caressed" his own throat

For sure. What annoyed me about that sequence is that I was sure we will get a bare chested injured Bang Won scene, but instead he was in those white robes. So I hate those white robes! :angry:

:joy:

As to Go Ara - this is exactly why she annoys me. Firstly - she really cannot act. As you mentioned, it must be her eyes that get her the roles. And she cries at every other scene she is in! Why? Why? I mean, did the PD told her to do that when she is obviously so bad at it?

Anyway, glad you enjoy it.

:) I don't know why they made her cry so much when she was so obviously bad at it, but if I compare this show to another fluffy show like "The fiery priest", she's not half as bad as the actress that played the lawyer there, so I don't mind her that much... 

And regrding soundtrack - here, this is what I've been listening to recently :). I wanted to share this with you

I love this song! so Beautiful... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

if we didn't know he was pretending to be injured... :flushed:

wow that first gif.... :flushed::sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

@Biology Lesson Oh my god! I felt exhausted only watching this video. I can understand the others guys reaction so much, it's impressive. 

I've liked the interview in the second video a lot, spècially the "recycling" bit, when he says it was confusing at the beginning. It reminded me of my time in England, where the recycling system is different from the one in my homecountry and in my first days there it was a hell for me. He's supercute :wub:

@corey I love that look in the white robes as well, with the blood stains. But then, I love all the Bangwon looks. He's too sexy in everything he wears, it's impressive. But if I have to choose my favourite ones are:

1. The red one with the black fan. My absolute favourite: 

8aZRP4S.jpg

2. The purple robe (that I'm not sure if it's the same that the red one, maybe it's the lighting, but I think it's not the same) 

BvFxU8s.jpg

3. The black robe. But, alas, I have a weakness for men in black kimonos, so it's not a surprise: 

EI4908s.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Akhmatova said:

The black robe. But, alas, I have a weakness for men in black kimonos, so it's not a surprise: 

EI4908s.jpg

@Akhmatovasince you like JH in black, you’ll love his wardrobe in beautiful mind!

he only has one wardrobe there (and for a reason) except for when he’s doing his doctor duties. I also noticed there how good he looked in all black nicely fitted dress shirts. Super handsome and showed off his lean body! Now if only the hairstyle was nicer that would have been perfect. 

but yeah BangWon really looked dashing through and through. So so regal. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, corey said:

@Akhmatova - I belive the general consensus here is that WOL is not one our our favourites :D. JH plays supportign role, a strange role (I still do not know who that guy was) and I believe they made him deliberately less attractive so as not to outshine the ML, JunHo. Mild spoiler below:

Reveal hidden contents

SOmeone observed here ( @azureblue7  ? @The Reel Life ?) that they had to make him ugly, because otherwise it would make the female lead look like an idiot for choosing Junho over JH - and I wholeheartedly agree

Thank you. I've done some researching and the reviews are not very good. And it's a romcom, and I don't like romcoms. Maybe I will see some scenes JH is in, and that's all :ph34r:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

wow that first gif.... :flushed::sweatingbullets:

I know... right?! Also the angle of the camera... and then in the next scene, when he caresses his own neck with his bloodied hand... What can we say?! :sweat:

24 minutes ago, Akhmatova said:

@Biology Lesson Oh my god! I felt exhausted only watching this video. I can understand the others guys reaction so much, it's impressive. 

I've liked the interview in the second video a lot, spècially the "recycling" bit, when he says it was confusing at the beginning. It reminded me of my time in England, where the recycling system is different from the one in my homecountry and in my first days there it was a hell for me. He's supercute :wub:

I don't know if to send you to other interviews and clips or not, because, I know from experience, the more you learn about him, the more you will sink. Along with the lot of us... :D 

The recycling story is so revealing about who he is because, first of all, the reason why he started doing it was because one of his sons is asthmatic or allergic to dust or both, so he and his wife started to thoroughly clean the house (you should see JH telling proudly about his vacuuming skills and about how he lifts the furniture around the house while cleaning :) ), and this raised the issue of the recycling that needs to be removed out of the house as soon as possible. So JH every Thursday, without fail, will go home early to do the recycling. It doesn't matter if he's shooting a show, no matter what- he will make sure to leave early every Thursday. 

24 minutes ago, Akhmatova said:

@corey I love that look in the white robes as well, with the blood stains. But then, I love all the Bangwon looks. He's too sexy in everything he wears, it's impressive. But if I have to choose my favourite ones are:

1. The red one with the black fan. My absolute favourite: 

2. The purple robe (that I'm not sure if it's the same that the red one, maybe it's the lighting, but I think it's not the same) 

3. The black robe. But, alas, I have a weakness for men in black kimonos, so it's not a surprise: 

don't forget these looks- 

lights-up-my-screen-like-a-rainbow-every-time-he-appears-lol | Tumblr

and then the messy hair look near the end... this gif...So powerful! 

jtbs my country | Tumblr

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@Akhmatova The korean robes are actually called hanbok (although not so sure if what Bangwon wore was considered hanbok hmmm now I confused myself)

JH look in Money Flower was like a prince. Loved all his outfits and hairstyle

img_1509.jpg

img_1508.jpg

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

The korean robes are actually called hanbok (although not so sure if what Bangwon wore was considered hanbok hmmm now I confused myself)

I really like the subject of clothing, so I did a little research.

Hanbok literally means "Korean clothing". (like "Kimono" in Japanese means "things to wear"). So, hanbok in fact consists of several pieces, different for women and men.

MC is set in the period which is a transition between Goryeo and Joseon, so clasic Joseon look has not yet developed, therefore in MC we should see mostly Goryeo-style clothing. The big difference is the waist. In Joseon the waist disappeared... Men tied their robes at their chest. Women started to wear their jeogori - jacket - very short.

Now, I've been thinking what exactly is the robe that BW is wearing? Wikipedia says jeogori - jacket - covers upper part of the body, while the robe he wears is long, right? So it could be po, or pho, a generic term for overcoat. However, this is just a quick query, so I am not sure.

Here is a piece I found about GOryeo costumes, however, there are no technical terms there, mostly gushing about how lovely Goryeo costumes are...But I agree with the author regarding the beauty of Wang Rim robes. My personal favourite are the ink-blue ones...

https://www.collectikult.com/goryeo-costumes-korean-historical-dramas/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@corey Awesome! I love this topic too but I was lazy to research at the moment :P I like pre- Joseon era fashion for men much more but I like some beautiful female “hanbok” (although I use it to refer to the “tied at the waist” clothing that is more uniquely korean) I think pre Joseon style was close or influenced by the chinese (although I know I’d have to specify dynasties and again, no time for research) but Joseon fashion seems to be more purposely different, unique. But I preferred when they showed waist, like Bangwon :wub:

The article you showed, Goryeo fashion was gorgeous! 

I came to share this kind of “off topic” video since we sometimes talk about Koreans standard of beauty. These girls say some funny things. 

• Like 1

@Biology Lesson I actually end up watching Tazza again last few days because I only skim through it a bit before.  Also, Stuck On Hyuk was talking about his varying expressiveness with tears/crying scenes.  That alone was enough reason for me to see his range.

I have to admit though his temper and his character stubbornness brought a lot of unnecessary torment.   I kind of see it as part of the journey.  He does learn some and revert back every now and then.

I was also reading this review, but not sure I agree about the female lead.  She did lessen my interest, but not necessarily because of that ending scene.  Guess I won't find out your thoughts on it since you said you didn't even watch the last two episodes. http://allaboutericablog.blogspot.com/2009/01/war-of-flower-tazza-high-rollers-review.html

Hihi interesting though in prison even Ant King say JH was cute and the tongue thing I wonder if it's really necessary.  Kind of like gross when he put his hands on JH's face.  JH even copy that move, but didn't do it to other actor.

All talk of MC make me watch this.  The moment with him and the little boy sitting so cute.  Also, him still eating bread made me think of you @azureblue7 squeezable cheeks!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@dramafan33 @corey I know, I know it's a sacrilegy to call Korean clothes "Kimono",  my bad. :vicx: In fact, when I talk about Bangwon clothes I try to say "robes", since I don't know the exact word for them, because when I say "hanbok" I think about something like that: 

f7645cf248a225677c3d81218aac4ae9.jpg

However, when I was talking about men in black "kimonos", I was talking about oriental style clothes in general. I know I shoudn't, but I always call those front--wrapping kind of robe "kimono", it's a bad habit of mine. However, both traditional Korean and Japanese clothing came from China's Han dinasty clothes, and regarding Japanese clothing, it came from China through Korea, so it's understandable they looked pretty alike, specially in the earlier times. 

I have a book about the history of oriental clothing, and I remember that the Korea chapter was pretty interesting. I have it at home (I'm quarantining at my parent's house), but maybe I'll go later to pick it up, now I'm curious about what kind of robe Bangwon is wearing. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

@Biology Lesson I actually end up watching Tazza again last few days because I only skim through it a bit before.  Also, Stuck On Hyuk was talking about his varying expressiveness with tears/crying scenes.  That alone was enough reason for me to see his range.

I have to admit though his temper and his character stubbornness brought a lot of unnecessary torment.   I kind of see it as part of the journey.  He does learn some and revert back every now and then.

Oh, his behavior drove me crazy! He would be taught something, and then in the next moment would be so arrogant that he wouldn't implement what he was taught! I couldn't stand his idiocy! Also, I hated his look in the second part of the show- the fake beard and spiky hair.... I just couldn't take it! :)

I was also reading this review, but not sure I agree about the female lead.  She did lessen my interest, but not necessarily because of that ending scene.  Guess I won't find out your thoughts on it since you said you didn't even watch the last two episodes. http://allaboutericablog.blogspot.com/2009/01/war-of-flower-tazza-high-rollers-review.html

I remember I like her and I was kinda annoyed that her character wasn't allowed to do more, and to still have her own plot line. She was much more intelligent than idiot Goni! But, yes, I have no idea what happened with her at the end.

Hihi interesting though in prison even Ant King say JH was cute and the tongue thing I wonder if it's really necessary.  Kind of like gross when he put his hands on JH's face.  JH even copy that move, but didn't do it to other actor.

Oh! I remember he did something with his tongue, but I don't remember what exactly- did he lick JH's cheek? I don't remember... :) 

Also in Chuno- there was a moment in the first episode when the leader of the other slave hunters was trying to get Dae gill to return to his gang, that he kinda tapped/caressed JH's chin, which made me think "wait! Was there something more to their relationship?!"... We've already seen that men tend to touch JH. A lot! :)

And since I was mentioning this actor, I found this picture of JH and the actor from Chuno from that radio interview with that amazing green T-shirt JH was wearing... at the end of the day- JH doesn't need any fancy clothing to impress...

Jang Hyuk

• Like 4

Oh, his behavior drove me crazy! He would be taught something, and then in the next moment would be so arrogant that he wouldn't implement what he was taught! I couldn't stand his idiocy! Also, I hated his look in the second part of the show- the fake beard and spiky hair.... I just couldn't take it! :)

Oh you're right that beard does drive me crazy!

Oh! I remember he did something with his tongue, but I don't remember what exactly- did he lick JH's cheek? I don't remember... :) 

He's like sniffing him.  Then do the lick motion and one time lick his hand, then put it on JH's face.  I can't tell if he was a bit disturb by it or not like if it was improv thing or actually in the script.  If we use venomous snake metaphor I guess it made sense, but for ant king not really.

• Like 4

OK, @corey now, that I'm at episode 10, I see what you meant about the girl from Hwarang- she's absolutely awful! Awful! I mean, in the first episodes she was nice and cute, and cried just a little so it wasn't so bad, but- now! Oh, my god! She just won't stop crying! And it doesn't get better! :blink: Every time she cries, it's horribly fake, and I don't understand how it is possible that the director didn't take her aside and spoke to her! The strange thing is that when she just tears up it's not bad, and she seems to be capable of tearing up easily (unless she was using something to induce the tears), but when she starts the actual crying- guh! I had to start FF her...I actually feel sorry for the two lead actors for having to endure her acting... but beside her- the show is really cute! I like the Hwarang dynamics and everything. Really cute! Here like in WOL, I would have preferred the two male leads to just go for each other! They make a cute couple :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

32 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

OK, @corey now, that I'm at episode 10, I see what you meant about the girl from Hwarang- she's absolutely awful! Awful! I mean, in the first episodes she was nice and cute, and cried just a little so it wasn't so bad, but- now! Oh, my god! She just won't stop crying! And it doesn't get better! :blink: Every time she cries, it's horribly fake, and I don't understand how it is possible that the director didn't take her aside and spoke to her! The strange thing is that when she just tears up it's not bad, and she seems to be capable of tearing up easily (unless she was using something to induce the tears), but when she starts the actual crying- guh!

:D There you have it :D. What is also super annoying for me is that they made her a doctor! A doctor! Supposeddly a cool-headed doctor who can handle herself in emergency situations. And in Ep 10 she not only cries when facing the emergency but starts to shake the injured (actually they to it a lot in dramas -  when someone is unconscious and/or injured, the standard procedure seems to be to violently shake the person and shout "get up" at the top of your voice).

And yes, the tears are probably induced by a special product - it is really difficult to cry nicely without getting your nose red and eyes puffy, so I am quite sure the tears are fake.

32 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I like the Hwarang dynamics and everything. Really cute! Here like in WOL, I would have preferred the two male leads to just go for each other! They make a cute couple :) 

Yes, the bromance should have been emphasised more in the story - that was also the general opinion I believe. I absolutely love the two boys together.

Well, I am now again in search for something to watch - I might actually see the recommended Voice episodes. 

• LOL 3

12 minutes ago, corey said:

:D There you have it :D. What is also super annoying for me is that they made her a doctor! A doctor! Supposeddly a cool-headed doctor who can handle herself in emergency situations. And in Ep 10 she not only cries when facing the emergency but starts to shake the injured (actually they to it a lot in dramas -  when someone is unconscious and/or injured, the standard procedure seems to be to violently shake the person and shout "get up" at the top of your voice).

You are right! There was a moment when her "brother" fell off the horse, and our "doctor" couldn't find his pulse as she obviously was putting her fingers in the wrong place, and then she started shaking him and pounding on him, which if he broke something would probably have made him a paralyzed! :crazy:Oh, man! and then spouting her idiotic lines while crying in the most fake way... And I was like "poor guy! He needs to act with that...". For a second, I hoped the princess would become his love interest, but sadly for him, that wasn't to be... 

And yes, the tears are probably induced by a special product - it is really difficult to cry nicely without getting your nose red and eyes puffy, so I am quite sure the tears are fake.

JH tears up in the most beautiful of ways...

Yes, the bromance should have been emphasised more in the story - that was also the general opinion I believe. I absolutely love the two boys together.

Well, I am now again in search for something to watch - I might actually see the recommended Voice episodes. 

Good luck with Voice... I'm actually kinda not rewatching FTLY while rewatching it as someone is posting clips from the show on IG :) I'm also not rewatching BM while rewatching it as @azureblue7 is posting the best clips from the show on IG... God! I want another character like that from JH- a character that would break my heart while make me fall for him... 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, corey said:

Hihi some dramas I totally forgot about romance and only watch for bromance only.  Hwarang and WOL included.  Didn't you watch Find Me in Your Memory before?  The end kind of drag don't you think?

Anyone try Good Casting or Fix You?

• Like 2