1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Jang Hyuk will be in a variety show hosted by Lee Seung Gi. According to twitter, it will air in July 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002869486

I saw the posts about this show, and I was wondering "wait- why is he doing this?", and then I saw that another regular member  is CTH... JH and his loyalty... :) 

According to the article "'Seoul Villager' is a real entertainment program where stars from Seoul visit their hometowns and experience their lives together. Cha Tae-hyun and Lee Seung-gi were selected as fixed members.". So JH will be visiting his home town? Are all the guest from the same home town, for them to "experience their lives together"? The automated translations always confuse me...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I saw the posts about this show, and I was wondering "wait- why is he doing this?", and then I saw that another regular member  is CTH... JH and his loyalty... :) 

According to the article "'Seoul Villager' is a real entertainment program where stars from Seoul visit their hometowns and experience their lives together. Cha Tae-hyun and Lee Seung-gi were selected as fixed members.". So JH will be visiting his home town? Are all the guest from the same home town, for them to "experience their lives together"? The automated translations always confuse me...

It doesn't sound that bad to revisit hometown.  Doesn't sound as crazy as other variety shows or possibility can be chill.  Although, I thought he would be cool in Master In the House as he loves to teach, then we can listen to more of his thoughts nonstop.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

It doesn't sound that bad to revisit hometown.  Doesn't sound as crazy as other variety shows or possibility can be chill.  Although, I thought he would be cool in Master In the House as he loves to teach, then we can listen to more of his thoughts nonstop.

It does sound interesting... What's "Master In the House"? I agree with you that a show in which JH is teaching will be great. He does love sharing his insights and experience...

• Like 4

Just now, Biology Lesson said:

It does sound interesting... What's "Master In the House"? I agree with you that a show in which JH is teaching will be great. He does love sharing his insights and experience...

They spend the night over at master and master pick how they spend the day so they have people from entertainment and other profession on there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Seoul Villager takes the concept of how people raised in Seoul acquaint themselves in the hometown of the projected guests for the show. Cha Tae Hyun and Lee Seung Gi will visit the hometown of the invited guest to experience the daily life as a villager.

PD Yoo promises to present the charms of the regions they will visit in the eyes of local Seoul people.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Another article about the show

“Seoul Bumpkin” will feature the members experiencing life in the town that the guests grew up in. These town legends will personally pick locations to share memories about while making the viewers laugh. Lee Seung Gi and Cha Tae Hyun will star as the “Seoul Bumpkins” who only know about Seoul. Viewers are already highly anticipating the show since both actors have starred in popular variety shows in the past.

PD Yoo Ho Jin shared, “Although the phrase ‘Republic of Seoul’ exists, each countryside area has also been developing a new vigor and charm. With the stars from the countryside personally introducing their hometowns, viewers will be able to discover the real charm of the countryside.”

The first season of “Seoul Bumpkin” consists of 12 episodes and premieres in July.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1405595wpp/lee-seung-gi-to-join-cha-tae-hyun-in-new-countryside-variety-show

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, corey said:

Oh, a variety show... revisiting your hometown at that- that explains the haircut IMO. I am sure you would not want to revisit your halmoni sporting hippie - length hair. Oh no. You want a nice pudding basin to look like a good boy.  Oh well.

He could very well have just tied it up into a ponytail :angry:

but jokes aside, I still have a feeling that he cut his hair knowing very well already that it won’t be needed for his next role. Don’t think he would cut it just for a variety show! I am sensing that he may have picked a project already and is just waiting for announcement, that’s why he could so confidently cut it. That is the only reason that explains why he kept it long for another 3 months after TMYWS, almost like he was waiting to see what he would choose next to determine if the hair stays or goes! 

@azureblue7 I too wish it was a season long of his appearance but I’m doubtful about that. My sense is that it is only one episode and they rotate guests after. Or perhaps 2 episodes at max? The only fixtures are LSG and CTH. 

And do you guys think it was CTH that invited JH to be on the show? If yes, then CTH is also a good friend that thinks of JH and involves him where possible in variety shows! 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

He could very well have just tied it up into a ponytail :angry:

but jokes aside, I still have a feeling that he cut his hair knowing very well already that it won’t be needed for his next role. Don’t think he would cut it just for a variety show! I am sensing that he may have picked a project already and is just waiting for announcement, that’s why he could so confidently cut it. That is the only reason that explains why he kept it long for another 3 months after TMYWS, almost like he was waiting to see what he would choose next to determine if the hair stays or goes! 

I actually thought that he cut his hair in honor of his marriage anniversary :) But I like your idea better...

And do you guys think it was CTH that invited JH to be on the show? If yes, then CTH is also a good friend that thinks of JH and involves him where possible in variety shows! 

Generally speaking, almost all the variety shows that JH participated in (except for Urban Cops) had one of his friends in them. JH said that he will do those shows for them since they ask him. I doubt it's a favor to him, or we would have seen him in other shows that didn't contain them. I'm sure he is invited to more shows, but refuses them. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

There is a similar programme in chinese, called "walking on the way home" featured c celebrities who after having left their hometown, returns home for maybe a day or two days stay. There, they'll visit the places of their childhood, school, the people who have left an impression on them (example : teacher or childhood friends). If Seoul Villager is similar to this one, we would get to see JH past. :DHis hometown, his school, probably his teachers, etc...

7 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I read another article that this is a seasonal variety show and Hyuk is appearing in the first season. Hopefully it means he will appear in not just 1 ep but a few.

Usually it'll be just for 1 or 2 eps. They'll surely invite other celebrities as well to participate in other eps.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I actually thought that he cut his hair in honor of his marriage anniversary :) But I like your idea better...

Who knows...wifey might be not like his long hair. Just like in Chuno. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

So I saw this picture on instagram, and besides the great interview being quoted in this post, I have a question- the guy at the top of the picture- he is the actor that portrayed the other profiler in TMWYS, right? And I also think I saw him in another JH show. So- is he another one of JH's friends? One of those actors that JH will make sure will have a role in his shows? In TMWYS I counted 4 of JH's friends...

Also, a silly observation- notice the guys' hands- how the one on the left gives the thumbs up, and the one on the right does the V sign, while JH gives his trade mark sign, the combination of both :) it almost looks planned :rolleyes:

• Like 2