54 minutes ago, corey said:

@Biology Lesson, ha ha, I knew you would find something amiss with this show that I didn't :D. It was fun to me, once I overloked the dubious morality of the character's actions. She goes on to do ever more morally dubious things so if you hate her now, you would hate her even more later on, if you choose to continue to watch, which I am sure you would not, judging from your reaction. 

I am in episode 7, and I'm struggling to continue. I don't know if I will... :sweatingbullets: I'm not enjoying the show

54 minutes ago, corey said:

Anyway, after that I have not more recommendations and I am bored stiff myself and looking at some C-Dramas out of sheer desperation.

I understand you, I have nothing to watch these days... I am fighting myself not to rewatch FTLY

• Like 2

OK, this is a silly post, but I saw this clip and it struck me. First, because it's the first time I actually thought JH looked good in that blond hair :)  and second, because this is one of the only times I ever saw JH pass his fingers through his hair, as he pulls it back... I know it's a strange thing to notice, but still I did :relaxed: It always struck me as strange, that, at least after his army service, JH very rarely even touches his hair. I first noticed that in Real men, even when he was sweaty and hot, and his hair stuck to his forehead, JH wouldn't do what most other people will do- pass his fingers through his hair to push it up, off his forehead. The most he would do is push the hair slightly to the side, or, even worse, pull it down. I remember wondering how can he stand just sitting there all sweaty with his hair stuck to his forehead... 

The only other time I remember JH pushing his hair back was in TMWYS, while he was hitting the first "the guy" in episode 6... maybe that's why I thought it was so sexy... :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I understand you, I have nothing to watch these days... I am fighting myself not to rewatch FTLY

I wanted to share a small story. Recently a friend of my who rarely watches korean shows started watching! She was only watching CLOY, Itaewon Class on Netflix and then asked for recommendations from me. So I naturally recommended FTLY. 

After a few days, she told me she was done watching and she loved it SO MUCH! And her comment was that she loved how Geon (JH)’s acting a lot! And that the couple were so good and acted so well together too. Then she said she probably would rewatch it again cos it was so good. :lol: 

I did not oversell JH at all, save for casually saying that I watched it 3 times because it was so good and I wasn’t a romcom fan to begin with. So it was such a pleasant surprise to hear that comment from a casual/new Korean drama viewer! I really wish more people knew JH (and the real him he shows in variety shows and interviews). They would love him even more. 

Speaking of which, I finished rewatching FTLY again for the 4th time yesterday haha....

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 3

14 hours ago, corey said:

Anyway, after that I have not more recommendations and I am bored stiff myself and looking at some C-Dramas out of sheer desperation.

Haha same here, i am also venturing into C-dramas now out desperation 

10 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Speaking of which, I finished rewatching FTLY again for the 4th time yesterday haha....

Wow u are good, I normally do not rewatch dramas after watching it once, except for parts which I like

• Like 3

19 hours ago, corey said:

looking at some C-Dramas out of sheer desperation.

Nothing interesting these days at C drama too. Maybe that's just me, but the c actors that are acting these days are young ones. So I'm back to watching old drama which has my fav actors who are JH age/older.

IMO, older actors doesn't need to be handsome handsome, but somehow, when they reach a certain age, they have that charisma & maturity which I'm attracted to. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, corey said:

There is an ongoing K-drama called Mystic pop-up bar and I am watching it out of my sheer desperation too.

Hey I’m watching this too! I actually really enjoy it, it’s both fun and touching at the same time. Nothing over the top but just a very solidly heartwarming series with good cute chemistry among the leads. Watch it! 

3 hours ago, corey said:

And the winner is love" (who would not want to see that?) "Fake princess" (sounds fun) "Fairyland lovers" (yes, please) , "Get married or not" (yes, why not), and so on. But you say it is all not interesting :unsure:?

There is an ongoing K-drama called Mystic pop-up bar and I am watching it out of my sheer desperation too.

And the winner is love, Fake Princess, Fairyland Lovers, the guy doesn't go with me...lol...look (too) young for my taste. Get married or not sounds interesting enough. Will probably give it a try. Thanks for recommending!

23 minutes ago, corey said:

@budgerie, I was not recommending, lol  :D   (I am done recommending after a complete fiasco of my recommending to @Biology Lesson ) I just quoted some titles which look promising to me and which I intend to look up. So far I have seen a bit of Fake Princess and The winner is love. Fake princess seems indeed too young, but the other one I will see a bit more before deciding

Try the Legend of Awakening. I like it. But the leads are all very young though.

11 minutes ago, corey said:

@budgerie, I was not recommending, lol  :D   (I am done recommending after a complete fiasco of my recommending to @Biology Lesson ) I just quoted some titles which look promising to me and which I intend to look up. So far I have seen a bit of Fake Princess and The winner is love. Fake princess seems indeed too young, but the other one I will see a bit more before deciding

It wasn't a complete fiasco! Just didn't work... :joy: I tried watching on, but I have just given up- can't take that show... So I'm back on the market for recommendations! :D 

It's funny, I have been perusing the Soompi thread for BM, and I noticed that most commenters were expressing shock from the show. Many were saying that they can't believe that what they were watching was a k drama. So it's not just us, is it? BM was an extraordinary Kdrama, and I think since it was the second Kdrama that I've ever seen (after FTLY), it has seriously ruined me for other kdramas! Not many can match the complexity and the sensitivity of the writing in BM, so I guess this is why It's so hard for me to find non-JH shows to even stand... All I can do is try, again and again, while I wait for JH to come out with a new project... :tears: 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, corey said:

Lol..you got me laughing here! No worries, keep recommending, I'm not "picky"....:DWe all have different tastebud in dramaland. We all have different likes/dislikes. For me, either is k drama or c drama, I go for the "look" of the actors first.

IDK why but these days the young actors, all look feminine to me. In the earlier years, even though the actor may be young, but majority of them don't look feminine. So is it in recent years the trend has become like this that these actors must look flawless, & look feminine in order to qualify for the idol title? (I'm referring to the new generation of k actors/c actors). So the "look" is important to me as in he mustn't look feminine. B)

I'm also waiting for my fav c actors to have new projects. Seemed like they're all in hiatus, same for JH. :(Paving the way for the new generation of young actors/actress to come up??

• Like 2

No Baeksang nomination for JH... Now Baeksang awards have also turned into popularity awards. I saw all of nominations and half of them are laughable. I thought JH's performance in My Country was well recieved so would not be overlooked. I was wrong. :unsure:

@budgerie

I watched a few episodes of Disguiser and have to drop it. Main cast, directors and production company of this drama is same as NIF but it is not that good. I think one more reason why I'm reluctant to watch this drama is because the male lead's character in Disguiser is too silly and childish while he was extremely smart and shrewd in NIF. I don't want to erase his character's good image from my mind. :sweatingbullets:

So I rewatched NIF and liked it better because I had missed many key details. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

No Baeksang nomination for JH... Now Baeksang awards have also turned into popularity awards.

Something like Idol award? Never mind if you can act or not, so long as you're handsome or pretty??

@budgerie

I watched a few episodes of Disguiser and have to drop it. Main cast, directors and production company of this drama is same as NIF but it is not that good. I think one more reason why I'm reluctant to watch this drama is because the male lead's character in Disguiser is too silly and childish while he was extremely smart and shrewd in NIF. I don't want to erase his character's good image from my mind. :sweatingbullets:

So I rewatched NIF and liked it better because I had missed many key details. 

I know what you mean. I can't understand why the scriptwriter can't do a good job polishing the story. Afterall, it was taken from a novel, not like she or he had to write from scratch. Nothing against the actors personally. Infact, I like the 3 men. And the 3 of them acted in NIF as well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

JH's new post. 

Notice that shirt here is completely wet- he works out hard! Also- is it me or does his sparring style seems to have changed? Maybe this is some kind of an exercise...

I wonder why the previous video was deleted... It's possible that it actually wasn't him, as the hair was indeed a bit longer compared to first picture showing his hair cut

• Like 1