[Weekend Event] Earn 2x Soompi Points
Update #9 is being installed. Service disruptions are expected. We apologize for the inconvenience.

13 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I wonder if you’ll stick with 6FD  cause it’s so long!

Ha ha, this is precisely why I have not even started watching it!

5 hours ago, Sushimi said:

I’m late..but did he cut short his hair something?:tears:

Why do you think that he did ??? Why? Is there something that I missed? Earlier there were clips from boxing gym and it seemed that hair was still in place?

@Biology Lesson, thank you for a great tip about Ms Temper! I am at ep 5 and enjoying it very much. Strong female, hansome vulnerable ML, good plot, and quite realistic setting. I love stories where underdog gets the better hand of the thug! Even the little kid is not too annoying, and I really hate little kids in shows for adults. The only thing I did not like is the usual K-Drama  good-for-nothing jobless 동생 (so far you have said twice you wanted to lear Korean - here you are - 동생 (dongsaeng )- younger sibling :D). But I suppose he remeeded himself a little in ep. 4. But OMG, did Ok Manager really sleep with the "sleazy smile" man? I have to find out [scurries to continue watching]

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, corey said:

@Biology Lesson, thank you for a great tip about Ms Temper! I am at ep 5 and enjoying it very much. Strong female, hansome vulnerable ML, good plot, and quite realistic setting. I love stories where underdog gets the better hand of the thug! Even the little kid is not too annoying, and I really hate little kids in shows for adults. The only thing I did not like is the usual K-Drama  good-for-nothing jobless 동생 (so far you have said twice you wanted to lear Korean - here you are - 동생 (dongsaeng )- younger sibling :D). But I suppose he remeeded himself a little in ep. 4. But OMG, did Ok Manager really sleep with the "sleazy smile" man? I have to find out [scurries to continue watching]

I'm glad you're enjoying it! And don't worry about the younger brother- he's going to redeem himself ten times over! This entire show is such a delight. Truly. And I think she did sleep with that guy, though I'm not sure... He did sleep over, right? The show was very matter of fact about it...

I understand your lack of enthusiasm about Miseang, especially if you were is a similar situation. I think Miseang was even better than Ms Temper, but I do get your reservations... Right before the two last episodes of the show it became really hard to take, the situation was really depressing, but the two last episodes made it up for that and than some! I loved it! But if you can't- than don't watch :) 

• Like 1

@Biology Lesson, yes, he did sleep over. But then she acted very cold to him... so not really sure what hapened. Glad about the little brother - usually the little sibling is just there as a comic relief/distraction, so I am happy he has a role to play.

And are you telling me that I have to endure 14 hours of misery in Misaeng before it gets better? Wow. I do not think I can take it, then . Ten years was enough. :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, corey said:

@Biology Lesson, yes, he did sleep over. But then she acted very cold to him... so not really sure what hapened. Glad about the little brother - usually the little sibling is just there as a comic relief/distraction, so I am happy he has a role to play.

And are you telling me that I have to endure 14 hours of misery in Misaeng before it gets better? Wow. I do not think I can take it, then . Ten years was enough. :D

Oh, no! I said don't watch, if you can't stand watching shows so similar to what you had to endure... Ten years of situations like in that show?! Oh my god! That's a lot! 

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, budgerie said:
14 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

protective fan than I sometimes want to admit

I got puzzled when some friends I recommended them JH drama, they didn't like him. 1 friend

This was happen to me also, I introduced JH to some of my close ladies friend but they simply doesn't like him.  Honestly  I knew him from watched FTLY but for the first time he was to noisy and dorky for me, but the movie itself can makes my emotional  up and down like crazy. So my curiosity about Him  make me searching to know him more and watch other drama. Then the hyuk witched me until now :wub:
I really crush on him not just  of his handsomeness but also his real character and his passion of acting. He is the actor with so many strength and capabilities to do many characters that makes me deeper crush on him:wub::P

Me too sometimes I'm a bit off if there some tries to compare him with younger actor or HB( but I don't like him:vicx: for me look boring and stiff so so for acting) based on handsome and physical.

6 hours ago, Sushimi said:

I’m late..but did he cut short his hair something?:tears:

I love the new hair style makes him look younger and fresh. But yes I'm also love his curly long hair. So For me he is awesome in both style:D.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lovehyukie said:

This was happen to me also, I introduced JH to some of my close ladies friend but they simply doesn't like him.

Actually I got "told off" before by friends that yes, I may like JH but that does not mean everyone has to like him. To me, he's a good actor with good looks & good personality (etc) however, I've also come to realise that I cannot force this down other people's throat. Everyone has their own yardstick as to who is handsome, what is good acting. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

42 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Actually I got "told off" before by friends that yes, I may like JH but that does not mean everyone has to like him. To me, he's a good actor with good looks & good personality (etc) however, I've also come to realise that I cannot force this down other people's throat. Everyone has their own yardstick as to who is handsome, what is good acting. :D

I agree with you. My friends know I like him so sometimes they will be delightfully surprised by him in certain dramas and that's when I'll recommend them more shows by him. Otherwise, I shall enjoy JH all by myself and of course I'm so happy that you all are here to discuss about him too!

I miss seeing his smile.. haha

btw, I'm watching the world of the married and liking it so far. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

@Biology Lesson Those shippers must’ve disliked that JH and LDH won best couple that year and not the couple they wanted. When I watched this drama, I wasn’t even too JH biased (I mean I loved Daegil but I was in the process of falling in love) but I never really felt anything between LDH and OJH, to me they are a perfect example of a couple that has zero chemistry, whereas despite me not being in love with Unnyun, I did “feel” her in relation to Daegil and I was impacted but their scenes when they met again. I felt the angst, even prior to them meeting and it wasn’t based on their flashbacks. I mean, I know that narratively, their backstory wasn’t “that” impactful, it didn’t quite “justify” Daegil’s obsession and her not been able to forget him, but, I “felt” it and that was because the actors sold that feeling to me (I have to include her, because I did “believe” her feelings in relation to Daegil) But it goes to show, once again, “different strokes for different folks”. 

So, did OJH say he was in a relationship with LDH or did he say he was attracted to her? 

@corey Misaeng feels too realistic and stressful for people who work in offices. I remember feeling the same and others commenting the same. 

@Lovehyukie @azureblue7 Yeah, I prefer for people to discover JH on their own and if they like him and want to see more of him, of course I’m there to open the Hyuk world to them lol! But the first move needs to be theirs. 

@Sushimi Did you see that he cut his hair or are you asking? :mellow:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Those shippers must’ve disliked that JH and LDH won best couple that year and not the couple they wanted.

I was thinking to scroll through the thread to get to their reaction to the KBS award show, but then I got bored... :) but since you asked, I just a short search and, surprisingly, I couldn't find a single comment about that... They were happy OJH won, I saw one comment congratulating JH for winning , and some comments about LDH's dress, and that's it :D

When I watched this drama, I wasn’t even too JH biased (I mean I loved Daegil but I was in the process of falling in love) but I never really felt anything between LDH and OJH, to me they are a perfect example of a couple that has zero chemistry, whereas despite me not being in love with Unnyun, I did “feel” her in relation to Daegil and I was impacted but their scenes when they met again. I felt the angst, even prior to them meeting and it wasn’t based on their flashbacks. I mean, I know that narratively, their backstory wasn’t “that” impactful, it didn’t quite “justify” Daegil’s obsession and her not been able to forget him, but, I “felt” it and that was because the actors sold that feeling to me (I have to include her, because I did “believe” her feelings in relation to Daegil) But it goes to show, once again, “different strokes for different folks”. 

Oh, completely! I think our opinion of Chuno are quite similar, only you are more forgiving than I am... :) 

So, did OJH say he was in a relationship with LDH or did he say he was attracted to her? 

OJH didn't say he was in a relationship with her, but, according to the fans, in an appearance in the show "Taxi" OJH said the following things:

"

About LDH in Taxi.

When asked to name the actress who could “sway his heart” most, OJH picks LDH.

But didn’t LDH herself state that she seems to feel more comfortable with JH? Don’t you feel slighted? Asks MC Kong Hyeon-Jin.

OJH starts to explain as Kong Hyeon-Jin interjects that it would’ve been nice if it worked out (between the pair) from the start.

But MC Lee Yeong-Ja voices her objection.

OJH then describes LDH as a woman with all the criteria (character, face).

Why then, did OJH not “make a go” for LDH? Both LYJ and KHJ and pose the question.

OJH reckons that it was probably because he was so totally in love in character (as Song Tae-Ha), so much so that he did not have time to explore his feelings outside of character, as himself. He really wanted to make a go for it, but he had little time.

But you have time now! Exclaims KHJ. OJH replies with a laugh, “She’s gone to the States now.”

On hearing that, LYJ practically breaks out a cheer: How fortunate! Right move, Da-Hae! I don’t want you two to end up together~!

But then LYJ also follows up with this: “What if, as time passes, that kind of emotions for LDH continue to remain, what would you do then?”

The superimposed caption says “I do have the thought/I intend to/I’m contemplating to try getting together earnestly.”

Not to be a prude, and it’s barely even audible, but Ji-Ho ssi’s answer actually began with “In that case”.

So if you ask me -- not that what I think matters, hehe -- it was a hypothetical question, and Ji-Ho ssi gave a hypothetical answer.

Then again, what do I know? Hypothetical or empirical or program- and media-magnified possibility, only the future will tell :-D"

"

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/4265-oh-ji-ho-오지호/page/315/#comments

So, according to this, it wasn't just the fans that were shipping them... Crazy...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I agree with you. My friends know I like him so sometimes they will be delightfully surprised by him in certain dramas and that's when I'll recommend them more shows by him. Otherwise, I shall enjoy JH all by myself and of course I'm so happy that you all are here to discuss about him too!

I miss seeing his smile.. haha

about the first clip- I was looking for that as an example to how JH is uncomfortable being touched by women like that. But this interviewer is hilarious, I love how she knows he's uncomfortable and proceeds to tease him! I love their interactions whenever she interviews him... and his smile... what can we say?!

As to the second clip... How can JH's skin and body look so good?! It's just amazing! And it's so sweet to see how much fun he's having on set... But I noticed not many comment about this movie. What do you guys think about it? I remember someone commented that while JH was promoting this film, the fans of the other actors got angry? What was the story?

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I think I will join you :) 

• Like 4

@Biology Lesson I guess since Chuno aired at the beginning of the year and the awards happened towards the end of the year, maybe people calmed down by then

That clip of the lady seating on his lap lol! My mom keeps saying that if she meets JH, she will sit him on her lap and baby him lol (I scream Noooo mom! Embarrassing!) but she insists: Watch me! She thinks she’ll get away with the “old lady” card. Such a naughty old lady! 

• LOL 5

19 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@phoenix24 She is us! :lol: Who is the other guy though? Is he famous? (He looks familiar to me)

hm...not sure isn't he chocolate oppa...

• Like 3

@phoenix24 She is us! :lol: Who is the other guy though? Is he famous? (He looks familiar to me)

He is his friend from GOD, Yoon Kye-sang, who is also an actor. He's the guy the other GOD guys joked that JH made go over scripts with him when they lived together

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Ok, started watching and the moment our main female character wouldn't help a woman being a abused ON HER CAR, as she was too busy following her husband, I was out! So, I'm done with this show too...

So, is it this another genre in Kdramas? I'm asking cause I noticed that the sex scene in the beginning was surprisingly similar to the kissing scene from VIP with Jang Nara, that we discussed a few days ago. It was almost identical- a husband coming back or going to work while his loving wife is in bed and then relatively explicit kissing commences with the wife being relatively aggressive. The problem was that that scene had no emotional impact cause it was so early in the episode and I don't care about the characters yet (or ever :) ).  Now, if I'm not mistaken the man in VIP was not a good husband- So do these shows belong to the "unhappy, nasty married people" genre? I might be wrong, and this show may end up being uplifting, but I seriously doubt it... It seems that this show is closer to R-rated korean movies, that either have forbidden or amoral love stories or just lust stories...

But I will say this- I noticed that the lead is the woman from Midas, and I wish she had the same spirit she had in that scene from the beginning of "world of the married' in Midas. One scene that I wish was more grown up was the scene in which she was in the hotel room with JH's character, and then she asks him if he sees her as a woman. In this scene she should have gone to him and seduced him (he wouldn't have resisted her, not seeing how he worshiped her). The scene wouldn't have had to even be explicit. It would have been enough if she just went to him and kissed him. That's it. Had they slept together, that would have made what happened next so much more impactful... 

So, back to being bored...

• Like 1

@Biology Lesson I think “The world of the married” is based on a british drama called “Dr Foster”. That’s all I know, not sure if it will be uplifting or not 

I hope you find something to kill your boredom soon! (Im lucky that I work from home so Mon to Fri I’m more overwhelmed than bored) 

• Like 3

@Biology Lesson I think “The world of the married” is based on a british drama called “Dr Foster”. That’s all I know, not sure if it will be uplifting or not 

I see... Well, I didn't like it, so- what can I do? :) 

I hope you find something to kill your boredom soon! (Im lucky that I work from home so Mon to Fri I’m more overwhelmed than bored) 

Oh, I also work from home, so I'm not that bored. I guess I mean that miss JH... :) I'm just looking for something good to watch.

I actually started to watch Hannibal, but it's a bit too depraved and depressing to me, so I may watch an episode once in a while. But it did made me think of OHJ and about how they can give him a good show (I'm still fantasizing, I guess :D. I really am hoping they are going to do a season 2 and that JH is working closely with them on that). In Hannibal the profiler is more vulnerable and unstable so he gets a therapist (that happens to be Hannibal), and that gives us the character study of the profiler. So, my question is- how can they do something similar with OHJ? The problem is that OHJ is not overtly vulnerable. He is too strong and too smart. So, what kind of character can they create that will be smart enough and good enough to challenge OHJ and induce his change? And I don't mean CSY, she didn't challenge OHJ that much...  Obviously I want that new character to be a woman, and I want there to be heat between them!

• Like 4

@Biology Lesson I’m also searching for something to watch and nothing is appealing to me right now :mellow: 

While navigating Viki, I stumbled upon the movie “Ordinary Person”. Did you watch it? I actually find this movie to be very good. Jang Hyuk is in it, but he is not the reason I like the movie. I just find it a good movie in general.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Did you see that he cut his hair or are you asking? :mellow:

Not sure. Maybe that video of him boxing isn’t the latest one. Haha:sweatingbullets:

• Like 2