Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Translated this before. Reposting for those who have not seen it.

Thank you so much for reposting this clip. It's so sweet to see how even the thought that he might have insulted someone bothers him so much. We saw the same thing in the "happy together" interview with the cast of Gaekju when the actress that acted with him in his early years was insulted that he didn't need to psych himself out for a kiss anymore, as he did with her, or the Hwasin interview in which he pretended to get angry at one of the MCs, and then went to make sure he wasn't insulted during the break.

 

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Happier BTS of VH

As painful and insane as this shoot was, it really shows a lot of things about JH, even so early in his career. It's impressive to see how vocal he is on set, and also how pleasant. He's clearly in pain, but still makes sure to be polite and cheerful. It explains so much of what other actors say about him. It also explains why the jerk director had to tell him that sometimes  the director knows what he's doing. JH really should never work again with that criminal idiot!

 

Also- did you notice all the girls that were standing there watching him while he was doing the naked scene is the showers?! :) Also- did you notice how he was shaking? :(

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

You may disagree with me, but I truly think he looks much better as he ages. In his younger days before he enlisted, he has baby face and not as masculine. His body was great after military but he gave me the vibes of 'naughty' and 'wild'. Maybe these were the common themes in his photoshoots. But as he ages such as now, he has a more stable charisma and matured sexiness.

Definitely agree! But generally, this applies to (most) men who's 40 and above. They don't need to be handsome but somehow they have the charisma of a mature man. That's why me can't watch drama with young actors anymore. No kick! Even their romance scene doesn't make me interested. 1 of my fav C actor is 49. I thought he looked much better than when he was in his 30s.

 

Quote

I am not shocked if Pil Joo indeed have a more intimate relationship with Jang Mal Ran than what was shown. There were some suggestive scenes. Both JH and Lee Mi Sook ooze sexiness. Indeed he doesn't have to try to be seen as sexy. Is it his low almost inaudible voice? Or his eyes, nose, mouth? 

JMR acted very well in MF. I don't watch her other drama so I can't comment but definitely I didn't think she performed that good in WOL if I compare the two drama. However, sometimes how the other party perform, also depends on her partner. For instance, JH acting is able to bring out LMS emotions. I mean Pil Joo & Mal Ran.

 

Quote

To be honest, knowing him as a married man, I dont think I will enjoy seeing him being intimate on screen. I may cringe. Perhaps when he was younger, it was still ok to watch him doing so. But as he ages and in his 40s, I am not sure if he should be doing anything more than just a kiss. Really would depend on the storyline and the female lead. What kind of storyline would make sense to feature a man in his 40s to do a romance drama? Perhaps a melodrama that has insertion of one or two kiss scenes? 

I'm fine with kissing but the story has to come first. Don't kiss for the sake of kissing. I hate those drama where in order to stop the woman from talking, the man pulls her forward for a kiss. Thai drama has a lot of these. Forced kiss.

 

Quote

He really could be uncomfortable.

Being an actor or actress takes lots of guts. Stripping & being nude infront of the camera with many people surrounding them & still act like as though they're enjoying the lovemaking is truly not easy. :phew:Esp if he is a married man with kids makes it more difficult.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Yes I too hope JH doesn't act with the Director of VH anymore. Wonder why they worked together in Thorn.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why he doesn't use a stunt double and he finds himself more suited for melodrama.. :lol:

 

 

He is too cute!

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, budgerie said:

Being an actor or actress takes lots of guts. Stripping & being nude infront of the camera with many people surrounding them & still act like as though they're enjoying the lovemaking is truly not easy. :phew:Esp if he is a married man with kids makes it more difficult.

Haha..oppa just imagine his FLs are his IRL wife. (I would think maybe he really imagine them looking as though it’s his wife)

 

 “Imma kiss my wife!”:lol:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, budgerie said:

JMR acted very well in MF. I don't watch her other drama so I can't comment but definitely I didn't think she performed that good in WOL if I compare the two drama. However, sometimes how the other party perform, also depends on her partner. For instance, JH acting is able to bring out LMS emotions. I mean Pil Joo & Mal Ran.

I only saw LMS in another show, Jealousy Incarnate, and she wasn't very good there, either. In WOL I also agree, she wasn't very good. Her playing the older lady really ruined any possibility of me connecting to the whole story plot of the long lost mother. Her fake crying was awful. So this is an actress that needs a good director, and, maybe, inspiration? :)

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

Haha..oppa just imagine his FLs are his IRL wife. (I would think maybe he really imagine them looking as though it’s his wife)

 

 “Imma kiss my wife!”:lol:

Actually am curious to know ya...when he needs to be intimate....does he "imagine" it's his wife. Hahaha!

I know some C actors/actress when they have to act crying scene, they think of something real sad that happened in their personal life.

 

I think crying scene is really difficult. 1 actress said when one time she did a crying scene, she thought she did really well. But her partner (ML) wasn't up to it so Director wanted them to redo redo. But by that time, she can't cry already. I'm curious what does JH think about when he needs to cry.

 

28 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So this is an actress that needs a good director, and, maybe, inspiration? :)

A good partner too. In MF, JH (PJ) was able to bring out the all sorts of emotion out of LMS (MR). She could be jealous, she could be sensual, she could be evil, she could be like a woman (infront of PJ). Sometimes they get their inspiration from their partner. Likewise I believe JH got his inspiration from LMS too.

 

Same for JH. If you look at all the FL he had, some of the FL could bring out the "emotion" out of him, some couldn't. I got kind of fed up in Midas. I like the actress, she looked compatible with JH on the outside but she couldn't blend with him. No chemistry. I hope his next proj has a good FL & a good story. Sometimes it's frustrating when the cast is good, the director is good, the script is bad.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, budgerie said:

 No chemistry.

I have been thinking what this "chemistry " in fact is. Isn't is really an attraction? Compatibility of some sort? Meaning, FL and ML must be at some basic level attracted to each other?

I have recently seen a drama "Are you human too". The FL lead had to act romantic scenes and show attraction to one character and had to be repulsed /intensely dislike another character played by the same actor and looking exactly the same.   Even I thought that should be immensly difficult to act.

 

Side note: the internet is so slow these days it is not pleasure at all watching dramas. So I have not even finished MC.

BTW, when do you think we should expext news what the next JH's project will be?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

11 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I think crying scene is really difficult. 1 actress said when one time she did a crying scene, she thought she did really well. But her partner (ML) wasn't up to it so Director wanted them to redo redo. But by that time, she can't cry already. I'm curious what does JH think about when he needs to cry.

 

I think LDH told a story about the filming of Chuno, that she was filming a scene in which she was supposed to be crying, I think it was the scene in which young Dae gill was in the fire. She said that JH stayed behind to help her, and was acting behind the camera to help her connect with her feelings. 

 

11 minutes ago, budgerie said:

A good partner too.

 

That's what I meant when I said "inspiration" :)

11 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Same for JH. If you look at all the FL he had, some of the FL could bring out the "emotion" out of him, some couldn't. I got kind of fed up in Midas. I like the actress, she looked compatible with JH on the outside but she couldn't blend with him. No chemistry. I hope his next proj has a good FL & a good story. Sometimes it's frustrating when the cast is good, the director is good, the script is bad.

I think talking about "lack of chemistry" when it comes to some shows that JH has done is not entirely fair, because when we talk about "Midas", "Deep Rooted Tree", "Tazza" and maybe "Bad papa", the lack of sizzle between JH and the love interest, in the case of these actresses, I think had more to do with the director. All these shows had very little emphasis on actual romance. The relationship was just there, to establish a connection between two people, not as anything else. Maybe those directors don't actually know how to convey sizzle. I don't think these actresses had the opportunity to have chemistry with JH. Sure, the actress from "DRT" I hear she has chemistry with no one :) , but I don't think she even had the opportunity to have any... As, to Midas, remember that show was a mess in terms of the script and filming. JH himself said he didn't have a handle on his character, so that probably affected what he could do in terms of acting.

MF to me is a mystery as to what was originally intended. Now I know that that script underwent many changes before it was filmed to make it acceptable for JH, so what was written and what was a result of the acting? If we look at Mal-Ran, to me it was clear there was nothing sexual about her. She was played as a vulnerable, vain and mentally unstable woman. She did sleep with the driver in the past, but it seemed that their relationship stopped being sexual very quickly. It was only when she was with Pill Joo that we suddenly saw sensuality, but even that was not constant. Again, this is why to this day we don't know exactly what was the relationship between them. Was the sizzle between them something that was in the script? Did the director intend it to be there? Or was it something that came out of the interaction between the actors , and later the director decided to implement it? I'm not sure.  

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, corey said:

I have been thinking what this "chemistry " in fact is. Isn't is really an attraction? Compatibility of some sort? Meaning, FL and ML must be at some basic level attracted to each other?

Difficult to explain right? I also don't know how to explain. But I've heard actors in interview said that - their partner plays a very important part. Because the script is only in words, but how to act out those words, mostly depends on the actor/actress how they want to act out that scene.

 

Because in filming, ad lib is quite common. So if the actor stretches out his hand for example, the actress must know how to react to that stretched hand & not stand there blurr not knowing what to do. Is this chemistry? Attraction also plays a part. The actor/actress has to like each other & brainwash themselves that they're in love with the other party. Not easy ya? I'm always curious & nosey as to how the actor/actress walk out of their "LOVE" at the end of filming???

 

 

 

 

 

   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, corey said:

I have been thinking what this "chemistry " in fact is. Isn't is really an attraction? Compatibility of some sort? Meaning, FL and ML must be at some basic level attracted to each other?

I don't think so. I remember seeing articles about actors that had zero chemistry on screen, but later it was revealed that they actually were involved with each other in real life. And there are other stories about actors that had great chemistry on screen but they actually hated each other in real life (Richard Gere and Debra Winger in officer and a gentleman, Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalyst in Remington Steele, Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray in Dirty Dancing...). I think this so called "chemistry" has a lot to do with compatibility of acting and the director.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think talking about "lack of chemistry" when it comes to some shows that JH has done is not entirely fair, because when we talk about "Midas", "Deep Rooted Tree", "Tazza" and maybe "Bad papa", the lack of sizzle between JH and the love interest, in the case of these actresses, I think had more to do with the director.

Perhaps you're right that director-nim calls the shots. I'm not so familiar with k drama filming. But even though the genre is not romance, there's still love interest between KDH & JY in Midas, JC & his wife in BPP, but their relationship seemed stiff & unnatural.  

 

6 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

the actress from "DRT" I hear she has chemistry with no one :) ,

Yes yes sadly. I saw her drama Black Knight & her face is equally stiff with the ML. She's got a nice face though but I'm beginning to wonder if it's a k culture that women are not supposed to act sizzling in love?? 

I've seen C drama are more sizzling than K drama in terms of romance.

 

6 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

She did sleep with the driver in the past, but it seemed that their relationship stopped being sexual very quickly.

I think MR slept with the driver in order to get preg. I believe her husband might stop sleeping with her eventually as he got his mistress & she bore him 2 kids. She needed to get preg quickly & claim that it's her husband. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, budgerie said:

 I'm always curious & nosey as to how the actor/actress walk out of their "LOVE" at the end of filming???

 

You know what I am curious about? I'm curious about how do actors that did a sex scene together, behave like nothing happened later. I don't get it! :) I mean I saw some of the footage from the promotion of Empire of Lust, and I couldn't help but thinking how does this actress really feels, considering that she had sex scenes with all three actors?! I mean seriously... It kinda makes me cringe!:wacko:

Or the actress that played  the student in Thorn (come to think about it- why didn't we see the actress that played the wife? I don't think I've seen a single interview with her, and her role was a central role in the movie...)- in the press conference she was very friendly with JH and natural. What do these actors really feel after such scenes?!

  • Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I don't think so. I remember seeing articles about actors that had zero chemistry on screen, but later it was revealed that they actually were involved with each other in real life. And there are other stories about actors that had great chemistry on screen but they actually hated each other in real life (Richard Gere and Debra Winger in officer and a gentleman, Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalyst in Remington Steele, Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray in Dirty Dancing...). I think this so called "chemistry" has a lot to do with compatibility of acting and the director.

Oh I love Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing & I was shocked/surprised he & his FL don't like each other in real life. I didn't like RG so much in Officer Gentleman but I like him in Pretty Woman. :DPB was 1 of my fav James Bond, apart from Roger Moore. Hahaha!

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

You know what I am curious about? I'm curious about how do actors that did a sex scene together, behave like nothing happened later. I don't get it! :) I mean I saw some of the footage from the promotion of Empire of Lust, and I couldn't help but thinking how does this actress really feels, considering that she had sex scenes with all three actors?! I mean seriously... It kinda makes me cringe!:wacko:

Or the actress that played  the student in Thorn (come to think about it- why didn't we see the actress that played the wife? I don't think I've seen a single interview with her, and her role was a central role in the movie...)- in the press conference she was very friendly with JH and natural. What do these actors really feel after such scenes?!

Thorn was still quite ok because her scenes with JH were pretty covered. She didn't expose her breast or butt ( I dont remember she did). It was only the motion of sex. In EOL, the actress barred her breast, the guys showed their butt. I wonder when they were talking about the movie in the Press Conf, would they feel embarrassed?

 

I don't know if you have this movie Lust, Caution in your country. Is a chinese movie but maybe it's sub. It's kinda not easy to find it because it's 'blocked' I think. I read that the actress/actor did it for real when filming. I watched it before - that was before it was blocked. And I also read that when they were filming this scene, very minimum crew were allowed inside. Everyone else was ushered outside.

 

So maybe when JH & the EOL cast were doing the lovemaking scene, all unnecessary people were asked to vacate too?

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Naughty 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Oh I love Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing & I was shocked/surprised he & his FL don't like each other in real life. I didn't like RG so much in Officer Gentleman but I like him in Pretty Woman. :DPB was 1 of my fav James Bond, apart from Roger Moore. Hahaha!

 

 

Oh, I think Dirty dancing is all Patrick Swayze! :)  I think any young actress could have done her role, and the movie still would have been fun!

As to PB, he used to be my favorite actor (watch "The fourth protocol" if you can. A really good movie). In Remington Steele his co-star hated him because she was supposed to be the star of that show. He was brought in as an after thought, and managed to steal the show from her! :)

 

It's funny, I also always liked RG in pretty woman, except that in the last time that I watched it, a few months ago, suddenly I was thinking "Wait a minute! He's not as good as I thought! I don't really feel the emotion from him!" And guess what my next thought was :huh: It was "JH would do this much better..." :D I swear! I couldn't believe it! JH has ruined "Pretty woman" for me! 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Thorn was still quite ok because her scenes with JH were pretty covered. She didn't expose her breast or butt ( I dont remember she did). It was only the motion of sex. In EOL, the actress barred her breast, the guys showed their butt. I wonder when they were talking about the movie in the Press Conf, would they feel embarrassed?

 

She did bare herself, but just a bit. 

12 minutes ago, budgerie said:

So maybe when JH & the EOL cast were doing the lovemaking scene, all unnecessary people were asked to vacate too?

I'm sure they were, but I wasn't talking about the actual filming. I'm talking about- how do you remain friendly with a person you just did a scene like that with? Maybe it's the non-actress in me, I just don't get it. I mean did the actress in EOL know she was going to have so many sex scenes?!

 

I often feel like these actors are taken advantage of by directors and the production. You guys just told a story about the actor from the king and the clown being forced into a kiss he wasn't told about. That's just horrible. In any other setting that would be considered rape or at least sexual harassment..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

It's funny, I also always liked RG in pretty woman, except that in the last time that I watched it, a few months ago, suddenly I was thinking "Wait a minute! He's not as good as I thought! I don't really feel the emotion from him!"

Could be the time difference now. When we go back to the drama/movies of those years, goodness! So old fashioned! But it was the "in thing" in those years. Even the song also we make sure we know how to sing. In 1984 when Footloose came out, I even learn how to dance it ok. It's like you gotta know that dance.

 

Quote

JH would do this much better..." :D I swear! I couldn't believe it! JH has ruined "Pretty woman" for me!

You think K drama would allow a drama like Pretty Woman? A man in love with a prostitute. I think some genre is a taboo for k entertainment? There are many drama I wish the actor would be JH. Like they can do a remake.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Could be the time difference now. When we go back to the drama/movies of those years, goodness! So old fashioned! But it was the "in thing" in those years. Even the song also we make sure we know how to sing. In 1984 when Footloose came out, I even learn how to dance it ok. It's like you gotta know that dance. But I can't spin. :phew: 

No. I've been watching Pretty woman for years, and enjoyed it every time. It was just that one time... I suddenly saw that RG wasn't so good, because of JH. :)

 

7 minutes ago, budgerie said:

You think K drama would allow a drama like Pretty Woman? A man in love with a prostitute. I think some genre is a taboo for k entertainment? 

Fro sure not... This is why I want JH to start working on his English. I want him to do productions outside of Korea...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now