Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

@dramafan33, I really want to believe that it is not JH who is opposed to him doing emotions and romance. However, I am not buying the explanation that he is too old now and therefore nobody wants him to do romantic roles and this is a cultural thing in S Korea that only young people can do romance. This would only confirm my suspicion that S Koreans are aliens from outer space with no sex drive.

 

In the picture posted by @Biology Lesson JH looks insanely sexy and masculine. I think very few women regardless of their age would consider him unattractive or too old. Hence it is very strange to me that someone who looks like JH in that picture is offered only sexless and/or supportive roles (and his chemistry is so great that he is turning even those roles into something that some people consider sexy - WoL (chemistry with PilJoo), MC (BangHwi) and TMWYS (serial killer)).

 

We will know when the pandemics dies down what his next role would be. I would love him to do something similar to BM or MF. I have no high hopes, though.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, corey said:

We will he when the pandemics dies down

I Guess Corey got too excited:w00t: (about sexy and masculinity) that she twist her tongue. Corey have your cheap biscuits and coffee.

  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All right all right everyone is entitled to a typo, ok?:P [watches her soggy biscuit drip down back to her coffee cup]

  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@corey @Biology Lesson I think we all agree that JH is a SEXY BEAST who even has chemistry with serial killers! And WE, The people! Demand to see this sexy beast unleash his power on screen! There! We said it! 
 

And @corey I did watch the kiss scenes you showed. They seem good but of course I don’t get excited because a) JH is not in them :D b) Without context the scenes mean nothing to me obviously

 

But “technically” they are above average for kdrama standards, yes (I wish they didn’t play sappy cheesy soundtracks during these scenes though) 

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I did an experiment right now cause I was thinking, are my hormones dead? Why is it that all those asian dramas kisses mostly leave me cold? Ok hear me out, my theory is, it has sth to do with what @Biology Lesson mentioned, the stiffness

 

I used to watch telenovelas and I want to first give you the disclaimer, 99.9% of telenovelas, especially the most traditional cheesy ones (from Mexico) are terribly BAD, Bad script, bad dialogues, bad acting, bad everything, not worth your time etc,  but there is one thing most of them tend to do well and thats, kissing scenes.

 

I haven’t watched telenovelas in centuries and felt lazy to look for specific ones so I searched “best telenovela kisses” on YT and this is the first video that popped up. Mind you, Ive seen better, these are not really the best imo and YET as I watch this compilation I managed to find many that I found to be hot, even out of context, even if I don’t know the story and even if I don’t know the actors or find them attractive. Why?
 

It’s mostly, the females, how they respond and participate in the whole thing instead of standing there like a popsicle. When I talk about I want MORE I don’t refer to more nudity or aggression, I just want to see more movement and fluidity in the movements 

 

BTW I didn’t watch the whole video, too long and I eventually got bored. At the end of the day I do need to care about the characters first in order to care about these kinds of scenes. Also, beware of the sappy cheesy songs in this video too, ugh

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Ok, I did an experiment right now cause I was thinking, are my hormones dead? Why is it that all those asian dramas kisses mostly leave me cold? Ok hear me out, my theory is, it has sth to do with what @Biology Lesson mentioned, the stiffness

 

I used to watch telenovelas and I want to first give you the disclaimer, 99.9% of telenovelas, especially the most traditional cheesy ones (from Mexico) are terribly BAD, Bad script, bad dialogues, bad acting, bad everything, not worth your time etc,  but there is one thing most of them tend to do well and thats, kissing scenes.

 

I haven’t watched telenovelas in centuries and felt lazy to look for specific ones so I searched “best telenovela kisses” on YT and this is the first video that popped up. Mind you, Ive seen better, these are not really the best imo and YET as I watch this compilation I managed to find many that I found to be hot, even out of context, even if I don’t know the story and even if I don’t know the actors or find them attractive. Why?
 

It’s mostly, the females, how they respond and participate in the whole thing instead of standing there like a popsicle. When I talk about I want MORE I don’t refer to more nudity or aggression, I just want to see more movement and fluidity in the movements 

 

BTW I didn’t watch the whole video, too long and I eventually got bored. At the end of the day I do need to care about the characters first in order to care about these kinds of scenes. Also, beware of the sappy cheesy songs in this video too, ugh

 

What sacrifices you are willing to make, for science! :D Admirable... I salute you!

 

At the end of the day, what is it that we want? A good interesting show with a good grownup sexy love story with a female character that is not annoying and that will not stand there like a Popsicle when kissed... Is that such a big thing to ask?!

 

You know what I think JH should do while he is deciding on his next project? Work on his English. Seriously. I've lost hope that Korea will offer him a show that will do justice by him, and now in Hollywood there are more and more opportunities for Asian actors. Also, another way to go is remakes like FTLY or Life on Mars. That will ensure a good script and also JH will know in advance where the show will end up. 

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie The thing is, regardless of his children’s age, he will not be able to erase what he already did so, if that’s his concern it’s a bit late. They can still find the old movies on the internet. 
 

Unless JH specifically says that he limits his character’s intimacy due to him being married and his kids, I have no reason to suppose that. I really don’t see him doing that. I also don’t think he is too conservative, as an actor. It must be a cultural thing but I haven’t seen this trend of men becoming more conservative with age. If anything I’ve seen the opposite (mid life crisis anyone? :P

 

Hmm....what I'm trying to say here is that generally, one's thinking doesn't remain the same. It changes from singlehood to doublehood to parenthood. Home situation also changes accordingly as the children grow. JH may have said certain things before, example, that he will not limit his character's intimacy if the script is good. But that does not mean his thinking won't change or be slightly adjusted.

 

Indeed his children can still see his old movies in internet. But his state of mind in 2015 vs his state of mind in 2020 is my main point here.

 

His boys were 7 and 6 respectively in 2015. Maybe (just saying maybe) it didn't yet occur to JH yet at that moment to consider the discomfort of his boys. Or how his boys might feel about him doing intimate scenes onscreen. Because when our children are in pre school, our thinking is different compared to when our children is in teenage. His interaction with his boys at that age might be more on playing with them, being physically there with them, talking about school or their interest in sports whatever. Not so much 1 to 1 heart to heart talk yet.

 

In 2020, his boys are 12 and 11 respectively, JH might already start to consider the discomfort of his boys seeing him being intimate on screen. Or maybe his wife might have told him to cut down on such scenes. His interaction with his boys now more on communication. How the boys feel or think about certain issues. The boys may have talked about his work. It's more heart to heart talk. 

 

It could also be his wife is uncomfortable now when she wasn't before. It could be her telling him to cut down on such scenes for the sake of the children. Teenage is a vulnerable stage, the relationship between parents & children is most delicate at this stage. They either be very close to you or they be very rebellious. Children at this age do feel "ashamed" of their parents too. (My girl friend once told me her teenage kids forbid her to wear bikini because everyone else is looking & her kids don't like it).

 

Another reason could be the culture. In asian culture, being 40s & beyond is looked upon as ahjusshi category already. They're the category of men most "respected" for having career & having family. In a chinese saying, a winner in life.

 

JH himself said that he wants to do more other characters before age catches up with him. Perhaps other genre that he hasn't done before. Maybe?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 4:48 AM, azureblue7 said:

I think young Hyuk was very innocent and quite funny..haha. I remembered Danny Ahn (g.o.d. member) telling funny stories about Hyuk in his younger days during a Chuno interview. Chasing after a ball and diving into a shallow pool hitting his nose or something..:lol:

Hihi I guess that's his charm.  One minute he's all fierce looking and another you just want to take care of him.

 

  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

You know what I think JH should do while he is deciding on his next project? Work on his English. Seriously. I've lost hope that Korea will offer him a show that will do justice by him, and now in Hollywood there are more and more opportunities for Asian actors. Also, another way to go is remakes like FTLY or Life on Mars. That will ensure a good script and also JH will know in advance where the show will end up. 

Now I'm thinking & hoping that his next project would be the one we talked about yesterday, Invincible East. In my mind, I would like Ha Ji Won or Han Hye Jin to act as Dong Fang Bu Bai (this role depicted as a woman instead of a castrated man) while JH can act as Ling Hu Chong (the one that Dong Fang Bu Bai is in love with).

 

Although in the novel, DFBB is a castrated man, but I'm sure we're not ready to see JH acting as the castrated man, his personality turned feminine & having a male lover. But on 2nd thought, this might be a real challenge for him since he wants to challenge himself in acting, being a castrated man & becoming feminine is a test to his acting skills. LOL. I want to see this...:D

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that he touch his lips, this action is so cute and sweet:love:

714-A857-D-7-A8-C-4-E32-942-C-ACC41237-B

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

I love that he touch his lips, this action is so cute and sweet:love:

714-A857-D-7-A8-C-4-E32-942-C-ACC41237-B

Cute? Sweet?! It's evil, I tell you! Evil! He continues to tease us... :tears:

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Westwood videos 

 

Isn't it funny that Westwood published these videos, and the focus is mostly on JH face?! :) You can hardly see the clothes... I understand them! 

 

In the mean time, JH today in the gym- Still long hair! Woo-hoo! Not sure why they made this slow motion...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Any comments? :lol:

It looks like he is wearing a skirt and his bra strap have slipped. Maybe need to ask someone to put it back....:lol:

 

love his hair though

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

How about this hair and dressed in peach pink..haha.. cute!

 

He is so serious... but it's not just that he is serious, it's that every single emotion that he is feeling is on his face! It makes him look so vulnerable...

 

I've just seen this clip from Happy together, and it seems like JH's friend is almost as serious as him :) Each time it's amazing for me to see how much he is loved and what a loyal friend he is...

BTW- what with the guest on the left? He is something of putz...

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

He is so serious... but it's not just that he is serious, it's that every single emotion that he is feeling is on his face! It makes him look so vulnerable...

 

I've just seen this clip from Happy together, and it seems like JH's friend is almost as serious as him :) Each time it's amazing for me to see how much he is loved and what a loyal friend he is...

BTW- what with the guest on the left? He is something of putz...

 

Love this! Haven’t watched before. Thanks for sharing. Both are great actors in their own right

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...