@Biology Lesson Here is another video. My goodness, if he spent months filming this, no wonder he felt it was too long. It looks like physical torture. I’m really a bit shocked. I had heard about this but never actually saw the footage myself. I believe Christine uploaded only today. Here you can see him losing consciousness again. 

And another video which seems to be narrated by JH

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Here is another video. My goodness, if he spent months filming this, no wonder he felt it was too long. It looks like physical torture. I’m really a bit shocked. I had heard about this but never actually saw the footage myself. I believe Christine uploaded only today. 

I'm with you. Very shocked by what happened here.  This is horrifying! Notice that the bamboo broke! That's how strong JH was being pulled! Insanity! But it kinda explains why since then it seems no physical challenge scares him. He knows he's been through the worst. If he didn't break doing that- nothing will break him! 

It's odd cause his face and demeanor is so gentle and soft, even back then, but this shows that underneath that softness there is a backbone of steel.

Notice in that scene the other actor plays his dad in Beautiful Mind. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, wow! Thank you for posting this vid! I've never seen it before. I'm amazed at how much insight and depth JH already had at this age... And even then we can see how everyone says he talks- very serious, very quietly, with very little change in tone, but also strangely engaging!

To hear about the way he analyzes his character, how deep he went and how wide... He was special from the get go, wasn't he?...

As to the what he went through while filming this movie- that's just insane! To lose consciousnesses like that he needed to be in a lot of pain and distress. So awful! And then he worked with this director again?! JH is a much better and more forgiving person than I am..

When he talks his character and his favourite scene in the movie, I feel that Hyuk himself is like that too or he tries to live like that.  

"A person tends to change as his circumstances change. His rapidly circumstances are strong enough to change him(his movie character). But he was not dictated to by his circumstances. He was being himself whatever his circumstances were. For that reason, he wasn't a hero who won the fight. He was still the same person as he was at the beginning although many things changed him." 

I feel that he lives by this and that explains his humble and down to earth personality.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

When he talks his character and his favourite scene in the movie, I feel that Hyuk himself is like that too or he tries to live like that.  

"A person tends to change as his circumstances change. His rapidly circumstances are strong enough to change him(his movie character). But he was not dictated to by his circumstances. He was being himself whatever his circumstances were. For that reason, he wasn't a hero who won the fight. He was still the same person as he was at the beginning although many things changed him."

Wow! I think you are right... This is what we always hear about JH- that he is the same as he was when he started. That he didn't let fame change him...

Now I noticed- the actress that played with him in Volcano high is the same actress from Oh my venus! That surprised me cause I remember this award show when they announced the best couples and both she and JH were called to the stage, though as part of different couples. I remember thinking that for sure they didn't know each other cause they didn't interact at all on stage. Now I see that they spent a year together filming :) so odd! 

• Like 2

JH’s acting is...is..

giphy.gif
MY finding out that LG have the genetic disorder...then she goes to the press conference and kissed LG in front of everyone. He say like “I don’t have the rights to love you.” ...I’m sobbing, blowing my nose, crying onions...I should be saving tissues for this convid-19 thing...not wasting it! But I ....

giphy.gif
My heart...LG ahhhh

• LOL 9

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

U talking about Hospital Playlist? I hated ep 2 but I loved ep 3 haha.. and I am watching it becoz of JKH.

Same as you, I like Ep 3 a lot too. And I like JKH character after Ik Jun. He seem like don't care much but he really care. haha.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

JH’s acting is...is..

MY finding out that LG have the genetic disorder...then she goes to the press conference and kissed LG in front of everyone. He say like “I don’t have the rights to love you.” ...I’m sobbing, blowing my nose, crying onions...I should be saving tissues for this convid-19 thing...not wasting it! But I ....

My heart...LG ahhhh

I was waiting for you to talk about crying! :D That's why I didn't comment at all on your FTLY reports. Didn't want to spoil anything for you! I cried much earlier than you, when he first found out, even before the accident. Seeing the pain in LG, and him having to break up with her, while himself being so heartbroken... I didn't just cry! I was sobbing! That was the first time I ever cried like that watching anything! JH's acting is so subtle here. To be able to create such a bigger than life character like LG, and still be able to be subtle is genius acting!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Wow! I think you are right... This is what we always hear about JH- that he is the same as he was when he started. That he didn't let fame change him...

Now I noticed- the actress that played with him in Volcano high is the same actress from Oh my venus! That surprised me cause I remember this award show when they announced the best couples and both she and JH were called to the stage, though as part of different couples. I remember thinking that for sure they didn't know each other cause they didn't interact at all on stage. Now I see that they spent a year together filming :) so odd! 

Shin Min-ah starting her career at Sidus. So when they do VH the're in the same agency.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Shin Min-ah starting her career at Sidus. So when they do VH the're in the same agency.

Oh... I was just surprised that they completely ignored each other on the stage, now that I know that they worked together...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I was waiting for you to talk about crying! :D That's why I didn't comment at all on your FTLY reports. Didn't want to spoil anything for you! I cried much earlier than you, when he first found out, even before the accident. Seeing the pain in LG, and him having to break up with her, while himself being so heartbroken... I didn't just cry! I was sobbing! That was the first time I ever cried like that watching anything! JH's acting is so subtle here. To be able to create such a bigger than life character like LG, and still be able to be subtle is genius acting!

For me, it’s a progressive level..from..I’m not gonna cry..to my eyes are watery..to oh no I’m sobbing. At one point I was upset that MY is like..”I don’t want t meet you.” Then you see LG all upset....Then seeing him not being able to love her is like... “I am about to chop onions!” Then when MY watches the cam recordings she cry, my tears start running. Then when LG say he doesn’t have the rights I just full on like burst into a fountain of tears...Now my eyes feel sore...:tears:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Here is another video. My goodness, if he spent months filming this, no wonder he felt it was too long. It looks like physical torture. I’m really a bit shocked. I had heard about this but never actually saw the footage myself. I believe Christine uploaded only today. Here you can see him losing consciousness again. 

He almost drowned right? Having to film so many hours in the water + he doesn't swim.

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh... I was just surprised that they completely ignored each other on the stage, now that I know that they worked together...

Sometimes is just to avoid the unnecessary gossip. Perhaps K media isn't as bad as C media. C media, you just need to say something abt your female co star, the gossip will come out immediately.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Here is another video. My goodness, if he spent months filming this, no wonder he felt it was too long. It looks like physical torture. I’m really a bit shocked. I had heard about this but never actually saw the footage myself. I believe Christine uploaded only today. Here you can see him losing consciousness again. 

I've watched some of these clips before, and its still difficult to watch even now.  His endurance is really :thumbsup: He really suffered in this movie.  Even now when he talked about it, he still feels the hardship he experienced at that time. My goodness, from the way I see it, I'm glad he didn't suffer serious consequences after that.  I like to see his character get hurt in dramas/movies, but not in real life :frown:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

For me, it’s a progressive level..from..I’m not gonna cry..to my eyes are watery..to oh no I’m sobbing. At one point I was upset that MY is like..”I don’t want t meet you.” Then you see LG all upset....Then seeing him not being able to love her is like... “I am about to chop onions!” Then when MY watches the cam recordings she cry, my tears start running. Then when LG say he doesn’t have the rights I just full on like burst into a fountain of tears...Now my eyes feel sore...:tears:

Well, I did tell you to hang in didn't I, bacause you were in for a ride? I was afraid to tell you more so I would not spoil it, but this is exactly what I meant. Do not worry, I am sure most of us went thought it and live to see another JH's work

[sips coffee to wash down a cheap biscuit]

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, corey said:

Well, I did tell you to hang in didn't I, bacause you were in for a ride? I was afraid to tell you more so I would not spoil it, but this is exactly what I meant. Do not worry, I am sure most of us went thought it and live to see another JH's work

[sips coffee to wash down a cheap biscuit]

I guess I ate the wrong biscuit..I ate onions instead..:tears:cause I be sobbing till I’m like “Whyyyyy”

But now they are together again yay!  I wasn’t expecting that I would cry! I actually felt a lot of emotions coming from LG -_- thus I sob

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Wow you’re quick! Have you been marathoning the whole drama on Sunday? Haha. Yessss end of episode 17 and early episode 18 was heartbreaking.. coupled with Ailee’s song... and the powerhouse acting of JNR and JH, just ripped our hearts apart. The FTLY ride is just so wonderful isn’t it? You feel the highs and lows so whole heartedly together with the leads. 

@corey lady in dignity doesn’t really have romance per se. It’s more of the married life of a successful lady and how her world is turned upside down by someone mysterious. But there is budding romance somewhere in between (without giving too much away). It’s a high quality makjang, just like money flower, but less business-sy and more women-focused!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Wow you’re quick! Have you been marathoning the whole drama on Sunday? Haha. Yessss end of episode 17 and early episode 18 was heartbreaking.. coupled with Ailee’s song... and the powerhouse acting of JNR and JH, just ripped our hearts apart. The FTLY ride is just so wonderful isn’t it? You feel the highs and lows so whole heartedly together with the leads. 

Yes I am. After I woke up had my breakfast immediately start marathoning :lol: whew..it’s a good run though. Crying rivers.:joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

I miss watching Tell me what you saw  on weekends..:dissapointed_relieved:Tell me what I should watch....:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I miss watching Tell me what you saw  on weekends..:dissapointed_relieved:Tell me what I should watch....:dissapointed_relieved:

I will tell you what you should watch. I should tell you to watch tell me what you saw, so that you might very well be able to tell me, what you see which you might have missed out some pointers while watching tell me what you saw for the first time.

Rhymes eh :lol: confusing eh. Watch tmwys again so you will not be confuse lol

• LOL 5

@Biology Lesson A comment actor Heo Joon Ho (LYO’s dad) made about JH, having worked with him in Volcano High and Beautiful Mind. 

Something else I admire about JH is how nice, gentle and protective he is towards younger actors who do action scenes. It’s like his experience makes him want to make it less excruciating for others. Good thing is the industry has evolved too. I’m still appalled at how “safety precautions” in K-industry used to mean “everyone rushes to wake you up and ask, are you ok?” 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1