Quantcast

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@corey Hi! Since you said you like pretty boys I wonder, do you not find the guys in MC to be in that category? :P 

Of course I do! Yang Se Jong is perhaps the prettier one, and I have seen a couple of his dramas, but the other one with phoenix eyes is also gorgeous. But c'mon, don't they feel and look undercooked compared to "Dragon Eyes" Bang Won? :wub:

34 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

As to the bromance- OH MY GOD! What was that?! That's not a bromance! That was an actual love story! [...]

ROTFL! You  know what? You actually  make me want to go back and re-watch these bits of this mess. As I said, it was the first drama with JH that I watched and I didn't know who JH was at that time... So I did not pay attention... But I will now...

Edit: @dramafan33 - great minds think alike LOL, let's watch WOL at the same time and compare notes on the great chemistry of JH with everything and everyone.

Edit 2: homoerotic in K-Dramas. In the recent drama I watched (Beautiful Love wonderful life) people were shipping second and third male lead...to the extent that the writer made the second female lead (in the love triangle between these two) a little jealous of their relationship in the last episode...

And Yang Se Jong (Hwi) recently has a cameo in Dr ROmantic Season 2 and I honestly thought that he had more chemistry with the ML (Ahn Hye Seop) than FL...I guess these guys do not look so pretty for nothing, you know....

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@Biology Lesson Aaaaannndddd now you made me want to rewatch all those Chil-Poong scenes again, 

yeah... their scenes are cute. :)  Watch only them.

And don’t get me started and how JH confuses me with his recent bromances. Why he has such strong chemistry with guys these days? Piljoo-Bucheon, Chilsung-Poong, Bangwon-Hwi, OHJ- serial killers

I keep wondering if its because Im thirsty and deprived of JH in any kind of sexual context, if its the forbidden aspect of it, or if its JH sex appeal has increased 10 fold in his 40’s that now he just produces chemistry with everything and everyone! All I know is, it’s become unbearable! He needs to kiss someone NOW!!!!!!!

P.S Sometimes I feel kdrama PDs do go for homo-erotic teasing cause, its common in anime and kpop too. This sort of ambiguity. So its just not completely my thirst...I think, lol

P.S 2 JH plays the macho role, he also “rejected” Jang Seung Jo when he was being all touchy feely bts lol but how can anyone control themselves when he is this HOT! His rejection just makes him more desirable though. Gosh! It’s hot in here! 

You know? It is strange! I mean, if we look back, JH hasn't had an actual kiss scene since Beautiful Mind! and even that was very toned down! He did 7 (!) productions since then (that we've seen), and not a single one had a proper kiss! There was a kiss in MF, but PJ didn't respond to it, so it doesn't count, and in Bad papa his wife gave him a kiss on the cheek. And that's it! I mean, he did a character that later was known as "the monarch of blood and DESIRE" and not a single woman in MC? not even his wife?! Seriously? 

I suspect that the culprit here is JH. I think he never liked doing those scenes, and now he can afford to come to a production and say "Listen, this is what I'm willing to do- a minimum of shirtless scenes and I don't want to do a kiss scene with a woman!". And it's possible that the production people go "Oh, yeah?! You think we hired you just for your great acting?... we'll show you!" and then they turn around and intentionally make his character's relationship with a masculine character a little too close for a heterosexual guy...  :joy: and it's possible that JH doesn't even notice, cause in that interview he was genuinely baffled by the question about the bromance... 

Has there ever been a gay couples in kdrama? I know that in Korean movies they do deal with this subject... In Robbers we had a gay character, but not a gay couple.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@Biology Lesson Not a gay couple in k-drama yet. It seems korean society is not open about homosexuality yet. They are ok with guys acting “feminine” (look at idols) in other words you can “act” gay but don’t “be” gay. 

I have seen more BL (boy love) dramas from asia available but I’m not sure where they are produced, I think Taiwan? Or maybe Japan? I haven’t paid too close attention but I’ve seen clips and gifs casually on TW and IG. Viki has some available. I recently saw a clip, I believe it was from Taiwan and it featured a korean actor. I heard both languages on the clip. 

I’m sure JH is not aware of the innuendo. It makes everything hotter! But I don’t want to believe your theory that he won’t kiss again in dramas nonononononono lalalalalala *covers ears*

P.S There was a kiss in WOL. He and irritating fl kissed. It wasn’t a bad kiss imo (at least, technically) Again, I’m desperate so I like even crumbs like those :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

16 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Not a gay couple in k-drama yet. It seems korean society is not open about homosexuality yet. They are ok with guys acting “feminine” (look at idols) in other words you can “act” gay but don’t “be” gay. 

I have seen more BL (boy love) dramas from asia available but I’m not sure where they are produced, I think Taiwan? Or maybe Japan? I haven’t paid too close attention but I’ve seen clips and gifs casually on TW and IG. Viki has some available. I recently saw a clip, I believe it was from Taiwan and it featured a korean actor. I heard both languages on the clip. 

It is weird that the whole concept of flower boys and feminine looking idols is acceptable but gays are not. 

We have a site that offers shows and movies from all over Asia (this is where I watch various Kdramas) so I did notice that there are many BL shows from Thailand. I even tried watching one, but the acting was horrible, so I dropped it.

I’m sure JH is not aware of the innuendo. It makes everything hotter! But I don’t want to believe your theory that he won’t kiss again in dramas nonononononono lalalalalala *covers ears*

Oh, I'm not suggesting he will never again kiss in a drama, I'm just trying to explain how in the last 7 productions he didn't :) I hope to god it's not a decision he's made... :tears:

P.S There was a kiss in WOL. He and irritating fl kissed. It wasn’t a bad kiss imo (at least, technically) Again, I’m desperate so I like even crumbs like those :sweatingbullets:

Oh, yeah! I forgot that! I guess because I so despised the girl and his infatuation with her, that I  suppressed that memory :) So, that proves me wrong! He will kiss, if the script gives a good motivation for it... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

It is weird that the whole concept of flower boys and feminine looking idols is acceptable but gays are not. 

I can't stand the guys who wear lipstick.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, corey said:

Edit: @dramafan33 - great minds think alike LOL, let's watch WOL at the same time and compare notes on the great chemistry of JH with everything and everyone.

Hahaha! This is another strange scene from WOL. Why must he look inside JH's shirt?

20200329-100321.gif

And Hyuk doesn't like it. Hands off him guys!!

20200329-100555.gif

• LOL 5

6 hours ago, corey said:

ROTFL! You  know what? You actually  make me want to go back and re-watch these bits of this mess. As I said, it was the first drama with JH that I watched and I didn't know who JH was at that time... So I did not pay attention... But I will now...

He is very cute in the show and not forgetting his random utterances of English..super adorable :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, corey said:

Thank you. No wonder I could not find her, I only checked co-stars in dramas.

Hospital playlist - silly me, I forgot I tried to watch the first episode, only to give up after 20 minutes, because I got bored. Is it worth overcoming my initial boredom?

It's the matter when you like the actor. lol. I love Jo Jung Seok so I stay for him. and the PD and writer is from famous Reply series that always a hit so you need to be patient with this duo. They'll get to the business/story later. 20 minutes is hard to follow when you got so many character to introduce. When the 5 friend finally in one screen the story slowly come to life. It's worth watching the 5 friends interaction with each other. It doesn't hurt when Jo Jung Seok is damn a good singer and the drama also have many song/music scene. Just check it and have fun with all the hilarious and friendly banter with those friend. 

• Like 2

@azureblue7 My favorite is when he says “Excuse meeee” and “I got it!” :lol: I don’t love the drama but I love Chilsung! Too cute! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

As to the bromance- OH MY GOD! What was that?! That's not a bromance! That was an actual love story!

!!!!

*sip tea*

Ep-06_8.gif
I am behind you... I’m very interested to know what that bromance is all about.:lol: for...studying purposes and wondering should I watch or not.

Spoiler

Edit 2: homoerotic in K-Dramas. In the recent drama I watched (Beautiful Love wonderful life) people were shipping second and third male lead

Edit: @corey & @dramafan33 (man...tagging you, you have so many similar names with different numbers, are they all you?) Anyways..I think very typical for them to ship boyxboy. Especially in ocn...:ph34r: 

For instance The Guest (Which prettysup like) we-...They ship the first and the second lead leaving the Fl in the dust/third wheel...They felt bad for calling her third wheel so they called her as the mother..OCN even made a fan video, shipping them!

Strangers from hell...We....They! They!..*cough* we ship the two boys calling them rabbit and wolf mainly because there is no FL and they have chemistry together with Wolf calling Rabbit Honey:sweatingbullets:(the wolf don’t see rabbit as his love interest, but more on his experiment)

TMWYS..pretty sure somewhere there is people attempting to say...OHJ & KYH chemistry looks pretty good.:ph34r:

Spoiler

Not a gay couple in k-drama yet

Edit 2

@Biology Lesson @dramafan33 regarding not a gay couple thing. Pretty sure the reply series have one

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

You know? It is strange! I mean, if we look back, JH hasn't had an actual kiss scene since Beautiful Mind! and even that was very toned down! He did 7 (!) productions since then (that we've seen), and not a single one had a proper kiss! There was a kiss in MF, but PJ didn't respond to it, so it doesn't count, and in Bad papa his wife gave him a kiss on the cheek. And that's it! I mean, he did a character that later was known as "the monarch of blood and DESIRE" and not a single woman in MC? not even his wife?! Seriously? 

The kiss in BM was so chaste. But LYO and JS just had surgery, not advisable to go into some deep kisses. Lol...hahaha! I still feel it's JH himself who's resisting the kisses/bed scenes. There was no intimacy with his wife in BPP (not even a flashback) of their happier days tog.

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I didn't like the kiss in WOL. Irritating FL looked surprised! I truly dislike kiss scenes when the FL looked surprised :blink:And why didn't the writer write CS end up with the Vet? Didn't they meet 4x by coincidence or 5x....!! I rather the Vet than the FL.

6 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

We have a site that offers shows and movies from all over Asia (this is where I watch various Kdramas) so I did notice that there are many BL shows from Thailand. I even tried watching one, but the acting was horrible, so I dropped it.

I did watch 2-3 thai drama but the story always similar, very rough with the woman (despite him being in love with her) and rape and kidnapping her into his house. Their acting are very exaggerating too. I watched 2-3 filipino drama too, they're quite open with sexy scenes but their subtitle is half have, half don't have.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sushimi said:

This shot is nice~

Handsome levels:100%

videoplayback-1.gif

Now this shot..

videoplayback-2.gif

This is OHJ a few hundred generation ago..you know...since his family all looks the same (referring to FTLY)

Also before he cuts and comb his hair and made it slightly shorter :lol: 

The 1st one was one of my fav scene - him drinking & trying to flirt with the woman. Can't get over his "join our navel....moonlight night...." (can't remember his exact words).

2nd one was what made me angry! What happened at the jungle? Didn't he escape with the stepmother & kids & how did he become like this with hair down & bloodstain face? No one knew!

15 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Probably but as long as his haircut is not this, then I’m fine with any.

172-EEDBE-9763-4-DC8-8085-8-D753-A9-A799

Sorry..really don’t like the centre parting backstreet boys hairstyle :sweatingbullets:

I rather the IRIS hairstyle than this one! I guess the hairstyle is to show audience that LG is wacky but .....ok we got it. He is.

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

why was Li Mi Sook playing two roles?! what was the point in that, except that maybe she wanted to have another role with JH? It was so odd and constantly took me out of the show!

Reasons why I hated WOL (1) JH isn't the lead. Got to fast forward a lot every episode (2) Irritating FL (3) Couldn't watch LMS role here. She was almost perfect in MF but here, I just couldn't switch. Thought I find her acting here so much worse than in MF.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Sushimi The Reply series has a gay couple? Oh! That’s cool! I had no idea 

My name yeah, it’s pretty unoriginal :unsure: hence, a lot of people have it, but I’m the only 33 one :P

I don’t want to believe that JH is the one saying no to kissing. As an actor, that is limiting. Also, he is the one who says he was born for melo, melo in Korea = romance, how can he expect to get offers for romantic stories if he won’t kiss? :mellow:

Wang So was like Goryeo version of Lee Gun. So cutie! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

He really suffered a great deal filming action scenes in Volcano high..I cannot imagine what kind of injuries he had to go through and they just continued filming after he regained consciousness...:bawling:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, yoeda said:

It's the matter when you like the actor. lol. I love Jo Jung Seok so I stay for him. and the PD and writer is from famous Reply series that always a hit so you need to be patient with this duo. They'll get to the business/story later. 20 minutes is hard to follow when you got so many character to introduce. When the 5 friend finally in one screen the story slowly come to life. It's worth watching the 5 friends interaction with each other. It doesn't hurt when Jo Jung Seok is damn a good singer and the drama also have many song/music scene. Just check it and have fun with all the hilarious and friendly banter with those friend. 

U talking about Hospital Playlist? I hated ep 2 but I loved ep 3 haha.. and I am watching it becoz of JKH.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I can't stand the guys who wear lipstick.:sweatingbullets:

I am pretty sure most of young actors in K-Dramas (the "flower boy types") wear lipstick on set. :D

Please check the hottie below. His lips are redder and fuller than his FL's

Image result for kim jae young and seol in ah beautiful love and wonderful life

3 hours ago, yoeda said:

It's the matter when you like the actor. lol. I love Jo Jung Seok so I stay for him. and the PD and writer is from famous Reply series that always a hit so you need to be patient with this duo. They'll get to the business/story later. 20 minutes is hard to follow when you got so many character to introduce.

Ok, I will try to give it a go, thank you. I actually like one of the other leads, Yoo Yeon Seok.

But! Yesterday I watched firt ep of "The world of the married" -  it is a 19-rated drama. Mature lead. I am quite hooked.

Wang So was like Goryeo version of Lee Gun. So cutie! 

Wang So is sooooo adorable. I love the first part of this series sooooo much!  I find Lee Gun a little tooo flamboyant for my taste, while Wang So was just pretending to be so, in fact being dead serious. And white tiger outfit [yes, yes, I know I am beginnign to be boring here ]

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

@Biology Lesson @dramafan33 regarding not a gay couple thing. Pretty sure the reply series have one

I was actually rather shocked that there was a gay character in .....Secret Garden! Played by no other than (someone's favourite wink, wink) Lee Jong Suk! However, nothing came out of the possible relationship, as was to be expected.

• Like 2

I have a gut feeling that in FTLY. That ballerina chick will come back ruin the otp and cause MY to miscarriage. I will be pissed!<_<

• Like 3

@azureblue7 I was just watching this now! I swear I almost cried. It’s one thing to know about the injuries it’s another to actually watch him suffer like that :tears: My poor baby. I’m glad this happened a long time ago. 

A more positive takeaway from this interview is that, I admire and love how even then, JH was so meticulous and almost obsessive in his character study and analysis. It made me love him more (if possible)

I also want to pinch those chubby cheeks he had! Shooo cute! 

@Sushimi Prepare to be upset but then you’ll forgive everyone and everything. Enjoy the ride (angst included)

I love Lee Gun and Kim Miyoung so so so much! I was just watching these FMVs and crying (contain spoilers for you)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He really suffered a great deal filming action scenes in Volcano high..I cannot imagine what kind of injuries he had to go through and they just continued filming after he regained consciousness...:bawling:

Oh, wow! Thank you for posting this vid! I've never seen it before. I'm amazed at how much insight and depth JH already had at this age... And even then we can see how everyone says he talks- very serious, very quietly, with very little change in tone, but also strangely engaging!

To hear about the way he analyzes his character, how deep he went and how wide... He was special from the get go, wasn't he?...

As to the what he went through while filming this movie- that's just insane! To lose consciousnesses like that he needed to be in a lot of pain and distress. So awful! And then he worked with this director again?! JH is a much better and more forgiving person than I am...

Edit: After rewatching the video, I noticed in one of the scenes he was actually kicked in the face! That's inane! That could have killed him! 

• Like 4

Prepare to be upset but then you’ll forgive everyone and everything. Enjoy the ride (angst included)

I love Lee Gun and Kim Miyoung so so so much! I was just watching these FMVs and crying (contain spoilers for you)

I am at the part whereby he acts as a spy while getting into MY's art gallery:lol: and he bought the child painting.. Awwww:Phe is so sweet. 

Love how LG got drunk and he is like I am Jang Hyuk in chinese:lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2