Guys, I found this interview with JH about MF, and I'm not sure that I understood the translation to English correctly: Is JH saying that he was the one that brought the director Hee-Won Kim to this project?! If I understand correctly he is saying that she was brought in to direct team B (whatever that means) at his recommendation, and then the original director left, so she became the main director of MF. Is that right?

This is the translation that I get:

""I had a previous film <I Love You Like Destiny> and a short film <Old Goodbye> with PD Kim Hee-won. When I first read the script <Money Flower>, I remembered the mid <housewives in crisis>. Thrillers and characters in everyday situations I thought the gaps between emotions were similar in between, but rather than vague revenge, I wanted to express the love and loss of the characters hidden in it, but I thought that director Hee-won Kim would be able to handle it well. I asked him to be directed by Team B. Hee-won Kim asked, 'If you haven't been sealed yet, please help me.' But somehow, this has become director Kim's work. I didn't know that would be <Money Flower>. " 

At that time, as the director fell out of <Money Flower>, director Kim Hee-won, the director of Team B, took on the main role. At the beginning, Kim Hee-won, who suddenly signed up, laughed at the beginning, saying, "There must be a piece of work I would like to enclose, but I'm sorry for this." The guarantee that Jang Hyuk demanded from PD Kim was, "One day, please give me the role of a really nice and charming antagonist (a person who violently faces the main character in the work)."

http://star.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/OhmyStar/at_pg_w.aspx?CNTN_CD=A0002405067

• Thanks 5

7 hours ago, Sushimi said:

it’s a thing too to feel embarrassed while listening to your own voice:sweatingbullets: (And hiiii first time talking to you^_^ newbie fan here!^_^)

Hi 'newbie' fan !

Welcome to the thread. I just realised that your user name is not sashimi.:sweatingbullets:

5 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

@dramafan33 and yes Covid 19 is seriously wreaking havoc globally. I wonder if the drama industry is slowing down? Doesn’t seem like it. 

Seems like situation in S Korea is under control now. The outbreak in their country was

confined to specific location so other people can still work. I've been reading all sort of theories about this disease and there is possibility that the COVID19 outbreaks would be cyclic. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

From my understanding, JH’s movie the flu will play in Taiwan’s cinema. 30/04/20

Wow ! But why?

Taiwan has done commendable job in containing COVID19 outbreak in their country as well as in making world aware about transmissibility of this disease.:)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Wow ! But why?

Taiwan has done commendable job in containing COVID19 outbreak in their country as well as in making world aware about transmissibility of this disease.:)

Ohh that im not really sure. I guess cause alot of people are watching it during the outbreak?

@dramafan33 i changed my dp. I love this shot of bang won. Just those tiny bunch of hair dangling is making me feel so happy:rolleyes: let alone the earrings.

This shot is nice~

Handsome levels:100%

videoplayback-1.gif

Now this shot..

videoplayback-2.gif

This is OHJ a few hundred generation ago..you know...since his family all looks the same (referring to FTLY)

Also before he cuts and comb his hair and made it slightly shorter :lol: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

I think JH will keep his long hair till  his next project. He needs to see if what image he needs to have for his next role right?

33 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

This shot is nice~

I love this scene too!!! He looks so sexy here...with the earrings and hair and the a little drunk look...

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I think JH will keep his long hair till  his next project. He needs to see if what image he needs to have for his next role right?

Probably but as long as his haircut is not this, then I’m fine with any.

172-EEDBE-9763-4-DC8-8085-8-D753-A9-A799

Sorry..really don’t like the centre parting backstreet boys hairstyle :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 8

@Biology Lesson Awesome! I didn’t know any of that about Money Flower, but your interpretation sounds very possible

The one thing I heard from Gumi is that his then manager told the fans, that MF had been offered to JH years prior (about 4 years I think) but he rejected it. Supposedly many changes were made to the script until he accepted it. This is not always the case but at least with this project, they really wanted him on board. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

44 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Sorry..really don’t like the centre parting backstreet boys hairstyle :sweatingbullets:

This is the style I dislike the most not just on him but everyone else .

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

11 hours ago, yoeda said:

Here goes my dream for JH and JJH reunion. I kinda miss a drama when a k-actor pairing with same era actor. I'm not so fond into noona romance and with younger male lead and older male lead usually there's no romance. The close one that we got nowadays is SYJ and HB for Clash Landing on You. But, I'm not watching that drama. So, here me go into my corner and continue watching Hospital Playlist until JH next project. 

Ekhem, coupld you please elaborate what you mean? Who is JJH? (I tried to search JH's co-stars but found none with tht initials). And what is Hospital Playlist?

Please forgive my noobie question, if they are silly, but it seems I am one of the uninitiated few here  :)

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

@Biology Lesson you said you enjoy shows which had strong female characters - Lady In Dignity has it! It’s a really good Thriller/mystery drama so far. Got very good ratings on JTBC especially due to the powerhouse performance of those 2 veteran actresses. 

OOOH, you got me interested in this LAdy in Dignity? Any romance in it, or is it only thriller/mystery?

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

OMG, you seriously want me dead here. This calls for a change of profile picture. I think my "thug" will be replaced by this handsome ahjussi.

Edit: done. Random thought - JH is indeed one of the few who can look good even if the camera angle is up his nose.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Awesome! I didn’t know any of that about Money Flower, but your interpretation sounds very possible

The one thing I heard from Gumi is that his then manager told the fans, that MF had been offered to JH years prior (about 4 years I think) but he rejected it. Supposedly many changes were made to the script until he accepted it. This is not always the case but at least with this project, they really wanted him on board. 

I guess they knew what they were doing, giving JH what he wanted... 

Again, this shows JH's clout is big. We already know that he has recommended actors to roles in his dramas. Now it seems he can get bring directors to projects?! That's big... Now, I need him to start bringing writers to projects. That's our biggest complaint in many of his recent projects- the story!

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

Ohh that im not really sure. I guess cause alot of people are watching it during the outbreak?

@dramafan33 i changed my dp. I love this shot of bang won. Just those tiny bunch of hair dangling is making me feel so happy:rolleyes: let alone the earrings.

This shot is nice~

You know there are cute outtakes from that scene? I now see they added translated captions... 

Now this shot..

videoplayback-2.gif

This is OHJ a few hundred generation ago..you know...since his family all looks the same (referring to FTLY)

Also before he cuts and comb his hair and made it slightly shorter :lol: 

This is the scene that angered many of us- the show never explained why the step mother escaped without BW, how that attack started, and why BW's hair was like that... First indication this show is not going to be high quality. Only JH :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

24 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

You know there are cute outtakes from that scene? I now see they added translated captions... 

The gentle smile he gave the kids....melting...:wub:

20200328-225420.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

This is the scene that angered many of us- the show never explained why the step mother escaped without BW, how that attack started, and why BW's hair was like that... First indication this show is not going to be high quality. Only JH :)

Was like wondering why the hairstyle suddenly change :sweatingbullets: thanks for the clarification.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

51 minutes ago, corey said:

Ekhem, coupld you please elaborate what you mean? Who is JJH? (I tried to search JH's co-stars but found none with tht initials). And what is Hospital Playlist?

Please forgive my noobie question, if they are silly, but it seems I am one of the uninitiated few here  :)

It's Jun Ji Hyun honey. She's acting with JH in the movie Windstruck. Hospital Playlist is a new TVN drama from the famous PD from Reply series. It's my drama crack this days. lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

172-EEDBE-9763-4-DC8-8085-8-D753-A9-A799

Seriously, this hairstyle should be banned! Why did no one from the entire crew disallow this?? Who in his right mind think this is a hairstyle to be carried by an actor or any character in a drama? *cringe*

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Was like wondering why the hairstyle suddenly change :sweatingbullets: thanks for the clarification.

LOL, this scene is going to baffle new JH fans for many generations to come. I was musing how this scene made no sense only a few pages ago.

1 hour ago, yoeda said:

It's Jun Ji Hyun honey. She's acting with JH in the movie Windstruck. Hospital Playlist is a new TVN drama from the famous PD from Reply series. It's my drama crack this days. lol. 

Thank you. No wonder I could not find her, I only checked co-stars in dramas.

Hospital playlist - silly me, I forgot I tried to watch the first episode, only to give up after 20 minutes, because I got bored. Is it worth overcoming my initial boredom?

• Like 4

@corey Hi! Since you said you like pretty boys I wonder, do you not find the guys in MC to be in that category? :P 

• LOL 2

OK, so I've finally seen JH's scenes from WOL from the link @azureblue7 posted here recently, and- what a mess that show was! It felt  almost  like two productions- one featuring the main plot- the chef and his annoying girlfriend, and then you had everything involving JH which felt like it was a bunch of actors experimenting, including JH! So strange! It didn't feel like a show, but more like a play! I mean- why was Li Mi Sook playing two roles?! what was the point in that, except that maybe she wanted to have another role with JH? It was so odd and constantly took me out of the show! There was this one scene in which, I guess, the old lady reveals she's the mother of Chilsung and she starts crying (horrible fake crying, by the way). And JH was finally is acting! Really acting,  not just being weird. But the fact that I knew that that old lady was Li Mi Sook in makeup made it impossible for me to get into that scene, so everything felt fake... Really bad choice to have her play that character.

As to the bromance- OH MY GOD! What was that?! That's not a bromance! That was an actual love story! The chef lives in Chilsung's house, sleeps in his bed, Chilsung washes his hair, the chef makes him breakfast... that's more romantic than most rom coms!! :D Now I'm seeing a scene in which Chilsung is drunk, looking good in a tshirt, coming back home to see the chef asleep in bed...  and now the chef is helping Chilsung take of his coat in bed! I'm sorry, but this scene is one of the sexiest scenes I've ever seen in a Kdrama! :sweatingbullets: :joy: I will say why- because neither of the actors is playing coy like most actresses would do in a similar situation. There is no pretending to be confused by the situation, no discomfort or shyness, no idiotic baffled innocence, just two people talking while looking into each other's eyes with affection... Seriously, They actually look like they are about to have sex! Was that what the director wanted?! I actually wouldn't have minded if they actually went there, and made that the main love story. It would have been much more interesting than the love story with the annoying girl... Imagine if they did that- It would have made this completely forgettable show into a ground breaking brave one! What a waste!

This makes me remember an interview they did for the show, and they were asked about the bromance, which led for the interviewer to ask JH and Junho to look into each other's eyes, and JH was like "I don't do things like that with guys"... Seriously?! So he didn't see the show either? :huh:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@Biology Lesson Aaaaannndddd now you made me want to rewatch all those Chil-Poong scenes again, 

Yeah this drama was weird and a waste of opportunity in every way, but it if there was any relationship that felt “real” in the drama was Chilsung and Poong

And don’t get me started and how JH confuses me with his recent bromances. Why he has such strong chemistry with guys these days? Piljoo-Bucheon, Chilsung-Poong, Bangwon-Hwi, OHJ- serial killers

I keep wondering if its because Im thirsty and deprived of JH in any kind of sexual context, if its the forbidden aspect of it, or if its JH sex appeal has increased 10 fold in his 40’s that now he just produces chemistry with everything and everyone! All I know is, it’s become unbearable! He needs to kiss someone NOW!!!!!!!

P.S Sometimes I feel kdrama PDs do go for homo-erotic teasing cause, its common in anime and kpop too. This sort of ambiguity. So its just not completely my thirst...I think, lol

P.S 2 JH plays the macho role, he also “rejected” Jang Seung Jo when he was being all touchy feely bts lol but how can anyone control themselves when he is this HOT! His rejection just makes him more desirable though. Gosh! It’s hot in here! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4