Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I’m still watching it, but at a slower pace, but I have 4 episodes left..it’s funny how LYO’s relationship talks is like....so....hm....for example “You are sort of like my wifi.” :lol: who would tell someone who is the opposite gender that hey..you are my wifi..I expect your assistance...LYO..you need relationship advices from us. Even be it for friends or girlfriend.:lol:


Well, the fact that he can even have a relationship is a miracle :mellow: His “dad” screwed him up pretty bad. 
 

I know OHJ is the first Jang Hyuk character you’ve liked and, even though I couldn’t relate I can see his attractiveness (duh! Im not blind anymore lol) but I mean, aside from his magnificent beauty

 

I feel that Piljoo in Money Flower also carries that “majestic” vibe to him, as well as Bangwon in My Country. That’s why I have a feeling you might enjoy those too. They are both also, powerful, strong, smart, calm and restrained, characters (as opposed to all over the place and wonderful in many other ways, Lee Gun) 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Well, the fact that he can even have a relationship is a miracle :mellow: 

Yup...I raise my hands up “pick me!” A bird flew over me...:mellow:maybe I should tell a man.. “Hey..You are my wifi.” Maybe that might help. Hahaha

 

FDC3-C66-E-9-AA0-4-F81-962-E-F7-C2-F8530OHJ the cat..meow

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

 

 

Oops.. I forgot to do something.. 

 

*dunks a biscuit in my latte..

 

whoa whoa wash your hand first! :D

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Right now, Im watching FTLY while my family member is watching TMWYS. I’m just so happen to be in the same room as them as I watch FTLY. Occasionally I will look up and down from my screen to the tv...On my screen, Lee Gun be acting all crazy like because he cannot accept that he got married. While on the tv, OHJ is all..calm...too calm..it feels so weird now....it’s like how can the same person be so different?!:sweatingbullets: (Feels like My brain is trying to process two characters of the same person and it’s overloading..because the two are happening at the same time)
 

This is what is called a good actor. He is who he is supposed to be on screen. You know how some actors/actress have the same acting style all the time. Like nothing new/fresh.

 

12 hours ago, corey said:

Side note - maybe I am just envious of their looks, but to me very few South Korean actress are actually beautiful. (Gong Hyo Jin is not one of them).

GHJ doesn't look like one who went under the knife. Of course the very beautiful ones most likely have done PS in order to survive longer in this industry.

 

12 hours ago, corey said:

While I find South Korean actors the most handsome in the world,

I find k actors look girlish (esp the younger generation ones). I like my actor to be manly & slightly rough looking. JH is one k actor that doesn't look girlish. 

 

12 hours ago, Sushimi said:

honestly..cannot process the fact that JH is both YG & OHJ...honestly the fact that they are the same person it’s really.. 0 to a 100:sweatingbullets: his portrayal is amazing and very drastic.

BPP was after MF, so it was hard for me initially. PJ is a character I actually fell in love. Pil Joo looked so good & clean & with his sleeve rolled up looked so sexy...suddenly he became JC in BPP. What a drastic change in look. The hair especially!

 

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Bidam is not my cup of tea..

I like Kim Yu Sin - played by Uhm Tae Woong.

 

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

I’m still watching it, but at a slower pace, but I have 4 episodes left..it’s funny how LYO’s relationship talks is like....so....hm....for example “You are sort of like my wifi.” :lol: who would tell someone who is the opposite gender that hey..you are my wifi..I expect your assistance...LYO..you need relationship advices from us. Even be it for friends or girlfriend.:lol: Innocent little bean:lol:

Hey, LYO got no experience in love. He doesn't know how to sweet talk. Lol. Just like how some men will tell the girl they like that "his house needs a lady co owner" :rolleyes: indirectly proposing. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sushimi said:

I’m curious...how and when did you fell in love with JH? @corey @Prettysup @budgerie @dramafan33 @The Reel Life @azureblue7 @Lovehyukie

*If I missed out anyone, I’m sorry:sweatingbullets:

 

@Biology Lesson I know already:lol:

You missed my name. :rage: lol. joking.

 

I think compare to others I kinda like ancient lovers? lol. I found him in 2002/2003 so I think some of you can guess what drama is it. Kinda funny if we recall back how you can fall in love with an actor. He's not handsome in typical way compare to Song Seung Hun or Won Bin. And please until now I don't find Bae Yong Joon handsome. Fight me. haha. Most ppl hate his hair in that drama but I kinda love it. Ok maybe in earlier episode before not have time to bath. hahaha. I think those not so subtle dimple also charmed me and also that cupid bow mouth. haha. So cute.

I think I love him when he doesn't afraid to acted gross. All the k-drama leading actor at that time seem so perfect and cry a lot. haha. It happen when you being exposed to drama like Winter Sonata and Autumn in My Heart or Stairway To Heaven. Also his eye acting already being there at that time and make me immerse in his character a lot. I just thought he really a good actor compare to others that I watch. 

After that, I try to found his other drama or movie and watch Volcano High. And it sealed it, I love him to boot even with his bad hair, rabbit teeth and sometimes exaggerated acting. lol. Maybe coz his imperfection or whatever I just drawn to him .

 

edit: On the other note I just realize Volcano High is kinda like Sidus project? Most of the actor is their label at that time. Gong Hyo jin, Kim Soo Ro and Shin Min Ah.

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, budgerie said:

I find k actors look girlish (esp the younger generation ones). I like my actor to be manly & slightly rough looking. JH is one k actor that doesn't look girlish. 

Omg same. But here is the thing for me...I’m a fan of the older generation ones but it doesn’t match my age & the range :lol: I just so happened to always have oppas under the 40-50 range...which is...definitely not the range that I should be loving on:lol:but it’s alright...interest is everything.:lol: I like my kimchi...aged.

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interview with the director of TMWYS. He was asked about a second season, and says that there need to be an interest from the audience.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002851579?lfrom=twitter

Seeing the reaction online, I think there is an interest. I see more and more people due to the lock down are watching the show and generally speaking liking it.

But for me, if they are planning to do a second season, it will have to be a prequel. The more and more I think about it, it's clear to me that OHJ was nothing more than a cool idea to the writers. It's clear that they gave absolutely no thought into fleshing him out. They have no idea who he was, where he came from, his family... They gave no thought to who he was before he fell in love, why did he fall in love and how he changed as a result. They gave no thought to who Isu was... nothing!  

Their lack of though can be seen in them saying that 20 years before he was exactly the same, working as a profiler for the police. I'm sorry, but I can't imagine a 20 year old guy working as a profiler. Profilers are people that usually have previous experience in police work. A simple check into what is required from profilers show that they can't be 23 year olds (or look exactly the same as they do 20 years later! <_<):

 "Relevant experience is also a vital key to becoming a profiler. You'll need to work your way up through the ranks to become a detective or investigator or - in the case of the FBI - a supervisory special agent. As an investigator, you'll need to develop years of experience successfully investigating violent crimes and studying dangerous criminals."

Obviously the writers of TMWYS didn't do that simple research! So sloppy! 

 

Also, it was funny to me that suddenly at the end OHJ is asking CSY "am I a bad guy?!" when in all the previous episodes it's clear he couldn't care less. At no point was he fighting his nature. To me if that indeed was a question for him, that should have answered to him when he fell in love. I su should have been the one that made him understand that he is a good person. But since the writers put no thought into their relationship, they suddenly raise that question here, I guess to give CSY something to do...

If I do what the writers didn't do, and put some thought into who OHJ was, to me it's clear OHJ was no simple profiler. His lack of qualms about killing and torturing people, means that he had experience in that. Meaning, he killed people in the past. But he is on the side of law enforcement, so how can that be? To me the only way to explain OHJ is if he was an assassin in the past. Maybe recruited by the government when he was in the military service? Can't imagine any other past that would create a guy like him... 

This reminds me of a show called "Person of interest" in which the main character, Reese, used to be an assassin but then he started helping people. But he could never forget his past, making him think he is a monster. In this next scene you can see him with a rapist, trying to decide if to kill him or not... An amazing scene:

 

And here he is with the woman who kidnapped the rapist, trying to convince her not to kill him:

 

If the writers could be bothered to put any thought into OHJ, this is what they should focus on in a second season, if there will be one. OHJ, who he was, and how can he heal...

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Omg same. But here is the thing for me...I’m a fan of the older generation ones but it doesn’t match my age & the range :lol: I just so happened to always have oppas under the 40-50 range...which is...definitely not the range that I should be loving on:lol:but it’s alright...interest is everything.:lol: I like my kimchi...aged.

Im old now lol (JH’s age group) but, I used to be like you when younger. I always preferred older and manly men
 

@yoeda You are definitely our JH fan sunbaenim :P 

 

@Biology Lesson Very interesting. I agree, writers didn’t think too much about OHJ’s background, which was a pity. And that first encounter with KYH was probably the laziest thing they did. Is it even believable that a criminal profiler would be giving a lecture at an elementary school? It felt very forced to me. I was hoping they thought of something more natural. 
 

This idea of OHJ having been an assassin fits perfectly! And if we suspend disbelief a little bit we could still “buy” it. We’d have to ignore that blunder of the first encounter with KYH. 
 

This character on the clips gave me chills. I can totally imagine OHJ in scenes like these. And if not OHJ, I wouldn’t mind seeing JH playing this character in a remake. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But for me, if they are planning to do a second season, it will have to be a prequel.

Oh yeah...it would be pretty cool to have tmwys based on his background story. How he first started as a police, why he became who he is. Does he have a sibling? I want to also learn his emotional aspect..is he always like this? Or is it like BM, he has anti social personality disorder? It will be very cool. If that’s the case, they have to scrap CSY away. Maybe the event 20 years ago can be hinted, but that’s about it. How OHJ got his name? 
 

On the other hand if they make a s2 it gonna most likely be the same concept...the team investigating cases there is a big big mystery man doing shaddy stuff etc

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

 

On the other hand if they make a s2 it gonna most likely be the same concept...the team investigating cases there is a big big mystery man doing shaddy stuff etc

In that case, I don't think JH would do a second season, like he refused to do Voice 2. I don't think JH would agree to anything but a real character study of OHJ. He already said he was somewhat displeased with TMWYS...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

In that case, I don't think JH would do a second season, like he refused to do Voice 2. I don't think JH would agree to anything but a real character study of OHJ. He already said he was somewhat displeased with TMWYS...

The problem is, a full prequel would require a younger actor playing the role of OHJ. But, if they continue in the present, with new cases, we could actually, this time, get the flashbacks that we wanted. We could go back and forth, with new cases (and with SY still present) but learn much more about what made OHJ who he is. 
 

Also, KYH is not dead. Good writers “could” continue to make that feud interesting. Like Sherlock and Moriarty, his big nemesis. But, are TMWYS writers up to the challenge? 
 

The OHJ - SY - KYH dynamic could be like Sherlock - Watson - Moriarty, but it needs to be really well written 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

The problem is, a full prequel would require a younger actor playing the role of OHJ. But, if they continue in the present, with new cases, we could actually, this time, get the flashbacks that we wanted. We could go back and forth, with new cases (and with SY still present) but learn much more about what made OHJ who he is. 

Yeah, that's another way to go. But I think this is what this season should have been like. 

I agree a full prequel would require also a younger actor to play OHJ. Like they did in Beautiful Mind or MF. That can be done...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:unsure:typically they would do a full interview on JH after tmwys...which will include pictures of him..so that we can see his hair...but there isn't?:unsure: 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biology Lesson Now I really really want him to play that character with PTSD you talked about at some point

 

All these scenarios about him being a former assassin, or maybe an ex criminal who now works with the police but is unpredictable and dangerous, like James Spader’s character in The Blacklist or Hannibal Lechter (ok maybe not that drastic) is making me dream of such a character, a former assassin would have PTSD right? I mean, could. I just think JH is so perfect for those type of roles! Dark, controversial, those guys you know you shouldn’t love but you somehow do
 

BTW, in Iris 2 he literally got turned into an assassin, it was the other way around, he was a good guy who was basically destroyed (I wish that drama has been well written ugh!) and it makes me think, it is interesting but maybe as an audience its a  bit harder to accept, when a character “devolves” in front of our eyes. Its just too depressing and JH’s character’s have made that spiral down journey before, in Iris 2 and in Bad Papa. In Bad Papa his acting was really perfect! But why do they write such a depressing story where the poor male lead has no way out of his situation? Its too much!

 

Thats why I crave, well, something light and heartwarming first but then I’d love him to come back to intense characters but have them “heal” not get destroyed :( 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

maybe an ex criminal who now works with the police but is unpredictable and dangerous

Omggg. This is what i crave!:wub: thanks. You read my mind. Then ocasionally he would use his influnce to get the police through like how OHJ scared that private investigator with just a turn around look..Aw^_^

 

EP-08-6.gif

 

Im resuming FTLY...He is singing to his TJ song:lol:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow! 10 years ...he looks almost the same..

 

 

cr. owner

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Now I really really want him to play that character with PTSD you talked about at some point

 

All these scenarios about him being a former assassin, or maybe an ex criminal who now works with the police but is unpredictable and dangerous, like James Spader’s character in The Blacklist or Hannibal Lechter (ok maybe not that drastic) is making me dream of such a character, a former assassin would have PTSD right? I mean, could. I just think JH is so perfect for those type of roles! Dark, controversial, those guys you know you shouldn’t love but you somehow do
 

Oh, yeah! That could be so great! A complex dangerous character like that would be amazing! And we already have the basis for that in OHJ. All they need to do is carefully give him a backstory that will make sense...  The addition PTSD will make him even more unpredictable. 

 

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

BTW, in Iris 2 he literally got turned into an assassin, it was the other way around, he was a good guy who was basically destroyed (I wish that drama has been well written ugh!) and it makes me think, it is interesting but maybe as an audience its a  bit harder to accept, when a character “devolves” in front of our eyes. Its just too depressing and JH’s character’s have made that spiral down journey before, in Iris 2 and in Bad Papa. In Bad Papa his acting was really perfect! But why do they write such a depressing story where the poor male lead has no way out of his situation? Its too much!

I didn't know that about the Character from IRIS2... Kinda explains why JH took the role. A pity it wasn't better written...

 

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

Omggg. This is what i crave!:wub: thanks. You read my mind. Then ocasionally he would use his influnce to get the police through like how OHJ scared that private investigator with just a turn around look..Aw^_^

 

EP-08-6.gif

 

 

The ex-criminal angle is also interesting... There are so many great stories that can be written for OHJ! All we need is a good writer... I still maintain that the writer from BM would be perfect for this!

 

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Thats why I crave, well, something light and heartwarming first but then I’d love him to come back to intense characters but have them “heal” not get destroyed :( 

But you are right! No more depressing stories for JH! I want something uplifting. A redemption story...

 

So- what kind of light uplifting story do you imagine for JH? Remember it also need to be an interesting and challenging character for JH...

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dramafan33 @Biology Lesson @corey I’m on FTLY ep 8. Honestly love this series, LG and MY’s relationship is very enjoyable. There are times I was teary for MY after LG treated her badly..Regarding the divorce/contract thing, but so far..they are good now! Thennn that Daniel Pitt comes into the picture<_<I don’t hate him, I see him as an obstruction to the pair. Once I confirmed my pair, those who are trying to break them apart, indefinitely will be on my ‘I hate you don’t you dare touch them’ list.:D

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

wow! 10 years ...he looks almost the same..

 

It's so frustrating that I can't understand what they are saying... I really think I'm gonna take advantage of this shut down and learn Korean! I've had it of staring at JH's interviews without understanding a word ... :angry: Not that I'm suffering doing that, though... :D

 

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

For those who have not seen this.

 

 

 

How can a guy like the same song for so long?! JH and Creep... 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now