4 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

This sounds like OHJ , LYO , YBW and quite a number of other characters that he has done. I wonder if he is like this in real life too. A little different from mainstream.. :wub:

Maybe in real life (怕老婆) - to those who don't read chinese, it means "pa lao po" which is literally scared of wife. :lol: Wife calls the shots at home....

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Btw in the previous interview link I shared, I noticed this statement of his, which I think gives us abit of insight into why we don’t see him in the usual characters that mainstream actors take. Because those kind of characters in the typical shows and even (welp!) romantic coms are usually very popular, lovable, and to an extent, cookie cutter? Doesn’t fit the bill of what “interests” him. Does that make sense? 

It’s not the genre but the characters I was drawn to. I’ve always been fond characters who are removed from the mainstream, people who are a bit different and maybe somewhat isolated. I’ve always been attracted to such characters.”

That is what made him so unique though. His works too! It’s better for him to experience different types of characters and it is also better for us as we get to experience new and different types of characters then your typical characters from him:lol:

Cheers to that!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

This sounds like OHJ , LYO , YBW and quite a number of other characters that he has done. I wonder if he is like this in real life too. A little different from mainstream.. :wub:

Yes, I think he might be. He is shy and thinks differently, his mind processes things in a non conventional way so I pretty much think he “understands” these non-mainstream characters better because of it. Daegil, Lee Gun, all of them fit this description in different ways. There is always a sense of loneliness in his characters (and now this has made me realize why I normally connect with them too)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I’m curious...how and when did you fell in love with JH?

I have been quite silent for the last few days, but I hereby report for duty :D. I described it already somewhere above, but here it is again, because I really like talking about it :D

I fell in love with JH when watching FTLY. I had seen him before in WoL and had not even noticed, because he looked sooooo awful in that bowl cut and stubble. And then  in some article I read recommendations about dramas which seemend fluffy but had unexpected emotional load - and FTLY was among them. So I started watching, checked the cast and I was like whaat? the ML is that awful gangster from WOL? But I kept watching (and hating LG) and there was one scene - they were already living in LG's house, in bed together and the camera focus was on his features rather than this hair and my jaw just dropped - just how incredibly handsome he was.I think that was the moment- focusing on his face rather that that hair- clean shaven, short upper lip, eyes not so large but mirroring his soul I could go on for hours, if only I could find words....

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

:lol: FTLY. His father, grandfather is all him:lol: guess the handsome looks has been passing down from generation to generation...good dna:lol:

• LOL 5

6 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think we know he is like that is real life. His behavior on set is something that people constantly comment on, meaning it's unusual. We see how people react to him on set- how impressed they are with him, but also a bit amused. We see how he is constantly being teased by his friends, even when all he did was sit quietly and be himself. But we also see how loved he is by his friends. I remember also his acting coach said that the path through which JH became the actor that he is now was unique.

I'm rewatching Urban cops, and there was this random moment in which there was activity around him, and he was just standing there watching, trying to absorb everything, and I noticed the expression on his face- It was a extremely intense and serious, but also there was something almost childlike in his face. I don't know how to explain it. A certain level of vulnerability and wonder. I think this is why you will see people very fast behaving very affectionately towards him- teasing him, like the when the team leader joked on how fast JH grew his beard, and touching him, like when the team leader stroked his cheek when JH caught the perp in the voice phishing case. How odd was that?! But maybe not so odd when it comes to JH... 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Sushimi said:

I’m curious...how and when did you fell in love with JH?

@SushimiSeriously, I don't even know how to answer you. I didn't fall in love with JH as in fall in love. I have a number of fav actors, for K is mainly JH, the other is Ji Jin Hee. But I have more for C actors.

I 1st saw him in Volcano High, which I didn't finish. Followed by Success of a bright girl. But I thought it was ok only. I only noticed him in THANK YOU because of his interaction with the little girl. After that, I watched almost all of his work, some I like, some I don't like. For example, I dislike Robbers & Gaekju. I'm quite fine with the rest...I mean quite. Those I like most are MF, BPP & BM. FTLY isn't in my like list (if you're wondering if I missed that out). I like the chemistry between LG & MY but not super like the drama as a whole. Of all his characters, the one I literally fell in love with is Pil Joo (MF), Dr Lee (BM), Bang Won (MC), Dr Min (TY). 

I know many will find Dr Min (TY) very rough, hot tempered, impatient but if I have to face Young Shin everyday like that, I would lose my temper & my patience too! I prefer historical drama to modern drama, what a pity MC wasn't focused on him. But I for sure fell in love with the BW in MC. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I 1st saw him in Volcano High, which I didn't finish. Followed by Success of a bright girl. But I thought it was ok only. I only noticed him in THANK YOU because of his interaction with the little girl. 

I know many will find Dr Min (TY) very rough, hot tempered, impatient but if I have to face Young Shin everyday like that, I would lose my temper & my patience too! 

Talk about Thank you, I wanted to ask- why do people like that show?! I tried rewatching it yesterday and that made me remember why I disliked that show so much. I just can't stand it! 

First of all- the show is so slow!!! And not just it's pace, but the way people talk. There are so many moments in the show in which someone says something, and then for a long while both people just look at each other, saying nothing! It's so frustrating and unnecessary! 

Next- you have Young-Shin. God, I can't stand that character! Such a weak, meek, and boring character! No self confidence or self respect. There was absolutely no reason for JH's character to fall in love with her except for the fact that she was the female protagonist. She was actually quite nasty to him... Later I realized part of the reason I don't like the character is the actress playing her . I've tried watching several other shows with her, and I just couldn't take it! She is identical no matter what role she does. And now I understand she is one of the most popular actresses in Korean TV?! That explains why I can't watch most Kdramas...

And finally- there is JH's look. His hair in this show is just so terrible to me! all those spikes... Also, I noticed his beard was slightly faked, they added black color to connect between the mustache and beard. Why? I don't know... Mind you, His look is not as horrible as in Tazza, but it's a close second...

Sure the little girl was cute, but she was also a little annoying... I liked the little girl in Robbers much better...

And that was my rant about Thank you... Now I'll go back to watch Urban cops :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

45 minutes ago, budgerie said:

SushimiSeriously, I don't even know how to answer you. I didn't fall in love with JH as in fall in love. I have a number of fav actors, for K is mainly JH, the other is Ji Jin Hee. But I have more for C actors.

Fall in love as in Kwatcher fall in love:D not irl no. Haha

For me, I stated it before, but the first project I watched of him was Voice. Did not really like see that halo around him at that time. Then I Guess tmwys is the one that showed me his halo. I for one I think voice and looks is what would attract me. JH in tmwys fit that standard of mine. Looking at his filmography, I only recognised voice, so now I’m slowly watching everything of his. From variety to dramas. After watching, I realised that off screen he is really nice and his acting skills is great, that was when I signed the deal to follow him:D

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Don't cry, people who love his long hair..don't be happy, people who want him to cut his hair. I'm not sure if this is JH ...Tell me what you saw...:sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

@azureblue7 Ahhhhh! This guy walks exactly like OHJ/JH! Is he an extra or did JH cut his hair?????!?!??!?? :bawling:

(deleted the link, it was a duplicate) 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Don't cry, people who love his long hair..don't be happy, people who want him to cut his hair. I'm not sure if this is JH ...Tell me what you saw...:sweat_smile:

Oh so he was there in the last scene ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Prettysup said:

Oh so he was there in the last scene ?

Maybe this is why he didn’t appear in that last group photo or something. He didn’t want to shock us like this :bawling: and no, don’t! Wipe that smile off your face this instant missy! :angry:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

16 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@azureblue7 Ahhhhh! This guy walks exactly like OHJ/JH! Is he an extra or did JH cut his hair?????!?!??!?? :bawling:

(deleted the link, it was a duplicate) 

I thought it was an extra that the production team found to film the last scene...but when I compared the walking style...rhe skinny legs...I don't know...I'm not sure to be sad or happy.  I'm confused. haha.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

58 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Ahhhhh! This guy walks exactly like OHJ/JH! Is he an extra or did JH cut his hair?????!?!??!?? :bawling:

I hope he doesn’t cut his glorious hair! :bawling:

43 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I thought it was an extra that the production team found to film the last scene...

At first I thought that extra was him, but I wasn’t sure...:bawling: btw the post? It has been deleted so I can’t see:sweatingbullets:

Try to find the post to see, found this instead :sweatingbullets:why is it tagged under tmwys omg haha this is probably me watching tmwys just stick to the screen every time haha

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

46 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I thought it was an extra that the production team found to film the last scene...but when I compared the walking style...rhe skinny legs...I don't know...I'm not sure to be sad or happy.  I'm confused. haha.

I don't think it's him. Just looking at the back of his head and the color of his hair- too light.

Edit: also, that wasn't the last scene that JH filmed. The last scene was the night scenes, the one in which JH clunked the guy over the head with the gun. And there the hair was gloriously present. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

thought that extra was him, but I wasn’t sure...:bawling: btw the post? It has been deleted so I can’t see:sweatingbullets:

I reposted it..hehe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Maybe this is why he didn’t appear in that last group photo or something. He didn’t want to shock us like this :bawling: and no, don’t! Wipe that smile off your face this instant missy! :angry:

Haha I wasn’t smiling until U reminded to :blush:

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Anyway we can confirm once his boxing gym post videos of him later 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Next- you have Young-Shin. God, I can't stand that character! Such a weak, meek, and boring character! No self confidence or self respect. There was absolutely no reason for JH's character to fall in love with her except for the fact that she was the female protagonist. She was actually quite nasty to him... Later I realized part of the reason I don't like the character is the actress playing her . I've tried watching several other shows with her, and I just couldn't take it! She is identical no matter what role she does. And now I understand she is one of the most popular actresses in Korean TV?! That explains why I can't watch most Kdramas...

And finally- there is JH's look. His hair in this show is just so terrible to me! all those spikes... Also, I noticed his beard was slightly faked, they added black color to connect between the mustache and beard. Why? I don't know... Mind you, His look is not as horrible as in Tazza, but it's a close second...

Sure the little girl was cute, but she was also a little annoying... I liked the little girl in Robbers much better...

And that was my rant about Thank you... Now I'll go back to watch Urban cops :D

Please bear with me @Biology Lesson

Thank you was a 2007 production. But I think drama wanted to show an even earlier era, perhaps 1970s where bell bottom pants was the fashion of the day. If you noticed, Dr Min trousers were bell bottom. As for his hair, spike hair was popular in the 1980s, so I presume director-nim wanted a drama which is between 1970s to 1980s. He has a fake beard because he didn't have a real long enough beard. He only was recently released from the military. In the military, you can't have beard neither can you have long hair so I guess he couldn't keep a beard long enough or a hair long enough for nicer styling.

I agree that the actress acting Young Shin was not a good choice but at that time, no other actresses wanted to work with him. Applause to this actress (forgot her real name) who accepted the role of Young Shin. In fact, the one who acted as Dr Min girlfriend was even worse. The way she spoke made me feel like she's sucking sweet in her mouth.

Little girl was cute at that time when I watched it & I thoroughly enjoyed her chemistry with Dr Min. However, after having watched the little girl in Robbers & Flu, I must say my best choice is still the little girl in Flu, followed by Robbers, lastly the girl in TY. Definitely not the girl but it's the character she played.

I like the story of TY because it tells story of people living in the village. I'm not sure if where you're living, people do live in village but I do have relatives who lived in villages in the 70s. So I could somewhat relate. They're people living in their own world. For them to go outside of the island, they need to take a ferry. They don't know what's happening outside their village. The village is all these people ever knew. The way they spoke (slightly uncultured), they way they think (uneducated), the way they behaved (quarrelsome, gossip, busybody) etc. I could relate to all these. But they also had the nice in them, as in if someone gives birth, the whole village comes together to help the pregnant woman or if someone gets married, the whole village comes together too. Likewise, the whole village comes to know of a gossip too. 

In asian culture, in the village era, if a woman is a widower or a single mother, she gets ostracised already by the society. She gets bullied & looked down because there's no man in the house to protect the womenfolk. Young Shin couldn't stand up for herself because there was no one to "lift" her up until Dr Min came along. And Dr Min came from the City so at first he really couldn't stand the village people.

Little Bomi was cute (because of the little actress) but at the same time, she played a rude & street smart kid. As her mother had to work, she goes to school by herself, she wondered around the village by herself - she's independent, she's bold. This is typical of a kid who grew up in a village. They know the village inside out.

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

Fall in love as in Kwatcher fall in love:D not irl no. Haha

Hahaha! I would fall in love for real with Pil Joo (if he is not a fiction). But if I do encounter a Pil Joo in real life, I think it's wise to step aside. He's too smart, too deep. LYO would make a better partner.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2