Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Yep, I've also seen there is a rising interest in the movie. A few weeks ago I was listening to one of the YouTubers that I like and out of the blue he started talking about "The Flu". Said it was a good movie :) Made me smile... I actually didn't like the flu so much. The female character was really annoying for most of the movie...Loved JH and the little girl together, though.

Me too! Love JH and the little girl.

9 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Ya pls cut hahaha getting too Long 

and how can we have a dragon club part 2???

I think his long hair if styled nicely, is very nice too. Like his hair in WIN WIN, that was long & nicely done. The one in TMWYS seemed untidy. I don't think we'll have a DB part 2 but would be nice if JH can do another variety similar to DB.

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

YOU GUYS! Will be punished with a horrid bowl cut!

The bowl cut in Urban Cop was BAD, truly BAD.

5 hours ago, corey said:

@Biology Lesson, I agree with @dramafan33, his hair does not look half bad. I think the general consensus was (a few pages ago) that the absolutely worst for JH is bangs/fringe - in the picture you posted  his forehead and eyebrows are nicely visible to emphasise the famous chiseled features :D some of us (me!) adore so much. Not going to waste any shoes on you then :D

I think it's the fashion, is it? Noticed K actors like to have fringe & it's usually thick fringe which to me looks bad.

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

That's a relief! :sweatingbullets:

I will be blunt in what I want to see in the next show- I want to see a woman's hand grabbing his long hair while they kiss! That's what I want to see! :rolleyes:I want there to be a passionate kiss with a mature, sexy woman in a passionate grownup love story! When was the last time that JH did a scene like that?! I can't even remember... :tears:

There'll be no kisses for a long time to come! Virus! :tears: Haiz...meantime happy waiting for his next project. :(

• Like 5

@budgerie You are right! Social distancing will prevent our fantasies, but, are you guys aware of the drama “Hyena”. It doesn’t appeal to me but I see on my twitter feed, they were talking a lot about the chemistry between the leads and the great kisses (not sure if that drama is pre-produced though)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Season 2 of TMWYS, do you think OHJ should have a slightly different look?

Hahaha...I sort of hope he would slightly change his hair...maybe slightly shorter? As per @Prettysup’s wishes.:lol: (But got reasonings..simply if he becomes brighter he would change his lifestyle)Ha ha....don’t bash me pls

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Also, psychologically, how do you imagine him?

I would think he would be brighter now after he released his isu’s fears

:lol: You know..I am always curious and I would love to know how OHJ first started being a cop? Like how he look etc (Since the show wasn’t consistent with the haircut stuff..so he might still have long hair? Or maybe cause the director didn’t want to cut that glorious hair haha)

@dramafan33 hyena....no..just...no..I cannot even watch it without feeling disturbed haha therefore I don’t even watch it...

@budgerie yeah..the urban cop haircut is a no...suggestively i guess he was trying to grow his hair for tmwys? 

• Like 4

@Sushimi I think he was growing his hair for My Country. BTW, have you watched that one? (If not, you should) Have we asked you what other JH dramas you’ve watched? Did you already tell us how you fell in love? Lolol (I get the feeling you prefer dark stories) 

I know you are watching Bad Papa now 

Yeah, Im not attracted to Hyena either but, It proves that kdramas can cast an adult couple as leads and have them kiss. Why not Jang Hyuuuukkkk!!!!! (yes, I’m throwing a tantrum)

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

10 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I know you are watching Bad Papa now 

Correct & beautiful mind. My plan is that after bad papa, I will watch FTLY. 

Have we asked you what other JH dramas you’ve watched?

You can count me as a newbie to kdramas..I only have about 3 years of experience? Haha. 

Did you already tell us how you fell in love?

yes I did. I love how he laughs a lot, serious at work, but when it’s done he can joke and laugh. Etc. Of cause..his looks is amazing!

I get the feeling you prefer dark stories

generally yes, with the exception of some rom-com. (at this point I don’t even know what the tropes are. Oddly enough, it must depends on how I feel when I watch it.) FTLY for instance I saw some parts, and I think I would love it. So will try it when bad papa ends..Beautiful mind I’m still watching it because I want to see his progression. Haha

btw..is this an interview? :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie You are right! Social distancing will prevent our fantasies, but, are you guys aware of the drama “Hyena”. It doesn’t appeal to me but I see on my twitter feed, they were talking a lot about the chemistry between the leads and the great kisses (not sure if that drama is pre-produced though)

I didn't watch Hyena. Currently watching a C drama about crimes/prosecutor/lawyer but it's different from TMWYS genre.

As for JH kissing scenes, I think he sets the tone as to how deep he can go. Also depends on his female co star, how comfortable she is, how open she is, etc. When C actress are interviewed about their kiss scenes, quite many of them respond it depends how much they comfortable they are with their male co star.

It's quite hard to find a (proper) kiss scene in a K drama which is a real kiss scene. This one is 1 of my fav. At least is an adult kiss & the girl is not wide eyed & surprised! @Biology Lessonyou might like this kiss...the kiss is somewhere in the middle of the episode. Would JH do a kiss like this & not one which is dark & can't be seen as in THORN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd695RetjGU

• Like 4

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

As for JH kissing scenes, I think he sets the tone as to how deep he can go. Also depends on his female co star, how comfortable she is, how open she is, etc. When C actress are interviewed about their kiss scenes, quite many of them respond it depends how much they comfortable they are with their male co star.

It's quite hard to find a (proper) kiss scene in a K drama which is a real kiss scene. This one is 1 of my fav. At least is an adult kiss & the girl is not wide eyed & surprised! @Biology Lessonyou might like this kiss...the kiss is somewhere in the middle of the episode. Would JH do a kiss like this & not one which is dark & can't be seen as in THORN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd695RetjGU

Not bad :)  in the beginning of the kiss you still can feel the woman's discomfort, but she manages to get over nicely.

Ugh! the opened eyed surprised kiss! I just can't stand them! The girl who just never expected that kiss, she never imagined why that guy is chasing her up an down the show. "What?! he likes me?!" Ugh... Idiot! What about the accidental over dramatic bumping into or falling on each other? Seriously...

As to JH kisses, Thorn is such a waste to me, not just for the darkness of most of the kisses or the strange filming angles that make everything unclear or slightly unappealing (the constant focus on his hand on her butt... What was that?!), but also for the lack of emotion in them. None of the characters were likable, nor did I sense real emotions between them. So the kissing and love scenes left me emotionally cold. I understand why JH disagreed with the director and I wish he won... I hope JH never works again with that director.

I think you are right, JH is very sensitive to the women that work with him, and the kiss scenes will change depending on the level of trust and comfort there is between them. I think the most passionate and natural looking kiss I've seen him do was in FTLY. I was kinda surprised by JH's aggression in it cause JNR seems so delicate, but it's a really passionate kiss. The biggest problem with this kiss is that everyone watching were distracted by JH's hair :) But it's a good kiss because JNR obviously feels comfortable in it (in the BTS footage it can be seen that JNR was constantly touching JH . She was very comfortable with him ). All of the kisses in FTLY are actually good...

The only other aggressive kiss that I've seen him do was on Thank you, with the prostitute... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Biology Lesson There’s so much chemistry and feeling in FTLY that even if sometimes the camera angle was stingy, the kisses were still nice :wub: but I liked the press conference kiss and some post reconciliation kisses better 

@budgerie I watched the kiss. Its better than average kdrama but its still on the “cute” shy a bit mechanical and tame side for me. I think JH could do better. It’s just that kdrama needs to allow it. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sushimi said:

My plan is that after bad papa, I will watch FTLY. 

Wow. You’re in for a treat, given that you haven’t watched FTLY! I wished I had watched his other shows first and saved FTLY for later. Then I would have been able to appreciate his performance and get excited over FTLY evennnn moreeeee. (Not that I don’t already haha) 

please share with us your reviews after you complete the shows @Sushimi

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sushimi said:

btw..is this an interview? :lol:

I have aloways had the feeling that it is not an inverview, but rather we sit in a darkened room in the basement of a parish church somewhere is the suburbs, drink instant coffee and eat cheap cookies, and then we go around introducing ourselves "Hi, I am corey and I have been watching JH dramas for six months now ".  That kind of setup, if you catch my meaning ROTFL.

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

It's quite hard to find a (proper) kiss scene in a K drama which is a real kiss scene. @Biology Lesson

Ha ha ha my favourite show ever. But have you seen the kiss in My private life end of ep. 9 beginning of ep 10? I think I've  recommended it here before - I wanted to add link here for youtube, but youtube asks me to verify my age before I watch it - so I think it speaks for itself LOL.

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ugh! the opened eyed surprised kiss! I just can't stand them!

The one I hate the most are the "Awkward lip locking artificial freeze please remain in this pose for 15 seconds at least". I think at one point I even had a list of the worst ever kisses in K Dramas. Some horrible examples - all the kisses in "The Rooftop Prince", the kiss somewhere in the middle of "Heirs", the kiss at the end of "I am not a Robot", Sungkyunkwan scandal (Park Yoochoon seems to be really, really awful at it IMHO)  and many, many more.

56 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie I watched the kiss. Its better than average kdrama but its still on the “cute” shy a bit mechanical and tame side for me. I think JH could do better. It’s just that kdrama needs to allow it. 

But we all know that this is not going to happen now, do we? :( He definitely could, but is not going to have a proper kiss scene anymore on-screen for all the various reasons we discussed here (him being a married man now, old by K-Drama standards, not getting romance scripts any more etc.). So sad :tears:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

6 minutes ago, corey said:

But we all know that this is not going to happen now, do we? :( He definitely could, but is not going to have a proper kiss scene anymore on-screen for all the various reasons we discussed here (him being a married man now, old by K-Drama standards, not getting romance scripts any more etc.). So sad :tears:

I actually am not sure he is not being offered romantic roles. I think he is not accepting those roles as most Rom coms are complete crap. And, he's been married since 2008, so I don't think it's that, either... I think the main thing is that now he is more established and has more influence. I think it's the same reason why he rarely does shirtless scenes these days, probably because he can simply say no... I mean, look at TMWYS! He was running around with a coat all the time, indoors and outdoors. I'm rewatching Urban cops right now, and he rarely took off his coat there too, so clearly he had complete control over his wardrobe in TMWYS ... damn it! :rage: 

As to his hair in Urban cops, that many of you seem to hate :) , I noticed that in the first episodes JH's hair was not styled at all. It was simply straight hair in a bowl cut. but later on suddenly his hair had waves in it. I wonder what made them decide on doing that :)

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm rewatching Urban cops right now, and he rarely took off his coat there too, so clearly he had complete control over his wardrobe in TMWYS ... damn it! :rage: 

Well he did took off his coat..haha. maybe he thought they wouldn't capture him from that angle. And he looked so adorable with some strands of hair sticking up 

And ..his long lovely hair in TMWYS made him look so handsome even when he is being strangled ..so strange lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Well he did took off his coat..haha. maybe he thought they wouldn't capture him from that angle. And he looked so adorable with some strands of hair sticking up 

Oh god! What are you doing to me?! Don't post things like that without warning! : ) And this is a guy that eats bread and rolls like his life depends on them... :)

You know I think you are right, I think he was trying to avoid the camera so he went to stand behind one camera, not realizing the other one was still able to capture him...

And ..his long lovely hair in TMWYS made him look so handsome even when he is being strangled ..so strange lol.

His look in this show is insane! And, again, it's hilarious to me that no one in the show itself was commenting on his looks. Not a single comment on his dramatic look, like it's completely normal to run around looking like you just stepped off a fashion shoot...

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

35 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

can you tell me why you don't seem to like hyena? I know nothing about that show except that it is about lawyers...

Simply because the kisses they have..feels like they are sucked into each other's mouth..too much:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Not a single comment on his dramatic look, like it's completely normal to run around looking like you just stepped off a fashion shoot...

There are comments on Naver about his good looks but not as much as those in My Country. :wub:

10 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Simply because the kisses they have..feels like they are sucked into each other's mouth..too much:lol:

Hahaha! I saw some clips on Twitter and they are indeed a little too much. Made me wonder for a moment what type of  show it is. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

His look in this show is insane! And, again, it's hilarious to me that no one in the show itself was commenting on his looks. Not a single comment on his dramatic look, like it's completely normal to run around looking like you just stepped off a fashion shoot...

Well, I have been doing my best to compensate for this lack of comment on his looks by drooling and panting how beautiful he looks anytime and anywhere I can, haven't I? :P

@azureblue7 - OMG, OMG the locker room scene - yes, post like this should come with a warning .

Aad you make me want to check this Hyena thing, hm.mmm....

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

There are comments on Naver about his good looks but not as much as those in My Country. :wub:

Oh, online people are going nuts for his looks... I meant no character in the show commented on his look. I noticed that also happened in Money Flower. PJ looked amazing, but not a single woman seem to be noticing. To me it's funny, because in reality, when JH does variety shows, women always react and comment about his looks, even when there are other celebrities around :) Well, not only women...

5 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Hahaha! I saw some clips on Twitter and they are indeed a little too much. Made me wonder for a moment what type of  show it is. 

checked out some clips from Hyena; the show looks like fun. Is it fun? As to the kisses, notice that who leads the way into making the kisses so aggressive is the actress, proving our point, I guess...

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

. I meant no character in the show commented on his look. I noticed that also happened in Money Flower. PJ looked amazing, but not a single woman seem to be noticing. To me it's funny, because in reality, when JH does variety shows, women always react and comment about his looks, even when there are other celebrities around :) Well, not only women...

Well actually I think they do, look at LMS, she seems pretty cool about all her "sizzling hot" scenes with him, but after the show, she talked fondly and gushed over how attractive he is.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Actually besides FTLY, I thought the kisses you posted here were quite sweet too!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/searching-for-the-elephant-aka-what-the-hell-did-i-just-watch/amp/

• Like 3
  • Love 1