@Sushimi sorry for the lateee reply. I see everyone has told you their story of falling in love with JH already. Haha I’ll shorten mine because it’s abit hard to type long on the phone. 

I first watched JH when I watched Money Flower. I didn’t watch it for him, I was just bored and looking for shows to watch and the poster intrigued me. Then as I started watching, the first few episodes were abit boring to me and I was thinking...hmm this actor isn’t hooking me onto the show. But I persisted, since I already wasted 2-3 hours of my life watching it. Then as I reached about episode 4-5, that’s when I started noticing JH alottt more. When he started showing feelings for Mo Hyeon. It was such a wistful look, and I like it when people can portray that emotion well. Then, all the close up face shot encounters he had with Jung Mal Ran also made me realize that wow, this guy has very expressive eyes, and he emotes so well even with so little body acting. He was using so many micro facial expressions. And not to mention the story became more and more interesting. By the end of the show, I was somewhat interested in him as an actor, so I started reading reviews about money flower and saw thefangirlverdict blog gushing about JH, as well as Stuck On Hyuk. Read abit about him and found his personal story to be very interesting and grounded. So I started searching for other shows he did (on Netflix), and at that time, there was only Fated To Love You. So I started watching too. He was super wacky, I typically don’t enjoy such characters, but there was an inner beautiful soul in him (since you already watched halfway, I presume it won’t be a spoiler anymore). He was such a charming, kind hearted man despite his wacko attitude. He treated Mi Young like a real human being worthy of respect, when everyone treated her like a post-it girl. And then throughout the show, he shows you sooooo many facets of him that tugs at your heartstrings, that make you want to root for him to badly, and his chemistry with JNR was just off the charts. By the middle of FTLY, I was a certified fan already haha. And then after that, I started watching his interviews and video clips on @azureblue7’s IG treasure trove, and got to know even more about this man, his values, his passion and his philosophy to life. Not to mention his adorkableness :D And the rest as they say, is history....

whew! Thanks for putting up with such a long story afterall haha. I’m really glad you’re enjoying FTLY, I never get tired repeat watching it, even though I’m one to never repeat watch shows. It’s just too precious. 

and yes, where is the post-drama interview that usually comes right after a show! He had one after MC, why isn’t there any for this :cold_sweat:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life Covid19 is affecting every aspect of life. I think even if an interview can be done on the phone, maybe media is concentrated on that and doing the minimum regarding other topics (It’s a guess, we might still get an interview but, maybe no new photoshoot soon? ) 

Yeah i am not very optimistic about any interview pics either. But it doesnt matter if he still keeps his long hair now coz I know he gonna cut it sooner or later haha.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah i am not very optimistic about any interview pics either. But it doesnt matter if he still keeps his long hair now coz I know he gonna cut it sooner or later haha.

Just another show with that hair! That's all I ask! :tears: And if it's not romantic- it doesn't count! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

11 minutes ago, corey said:

Can anyone explain to me why I am too embarassed to watch it? :wacko:. I stopped right when he started singing. It must be the voice. Or is it the perm? (they must have permed his hair to stay this curly, right?)

Hahaha! Me too!! Not sure why but I suddenly felt nervous for him. He was pespiring so much..lol. Okok..the last part he sang pretty well. That part I am able to watch though keep getting distracted by his sexy look..

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Hahaha! Me too!! Not sure why but I suddenly felt nervous for him. He was pespiring so much..lol. Okok..the last part he sang pretty well. That part I am able to watch though keep getting distracted by his sexy look..

God! It's that unaware sensuality of his again! It's too much at times... But then in MF we see that he maybe is very aware of it, and knows exactly how to use it...

I guess he was sweating because the filmed the singing part after he did the martial arts part?

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

@dramafan33 had to speed pass my country ( wanted to try it to see oppa) only to realised his character was only properly  introduced at like ep 3:mellow:..I mean.. I know he isn’t the lead..but..Erm...sigh-_- (don’t really like the leads:vicx:)

Edit: I don’t like the leads at all...neh style an nia ^_^ oppa is the only one that looks attractive to me. Like he got the war face/look.

Now..if we can just have him as the lead..oh yeah..

Yeah, My Country completely wasted it's time not focusing on Bang won. I can say that objectively (as much as I can be objective). That's it. There was no real reasoning behind the actions of the main characters nor a lot of motivation. It was just- now we're friends. Now we're not. Now we're friends again. And- we die for each other. The end! So emotional!  :huh:

But Bang Won! He was magnificent! And JH fleshed him out so well and made him such a full character,. that He made you understand everything he did and even justify him :)

Now that TMWYS is over, I actually want to rewatch MC, but only BW's parts... Can anyone arrange that? :)

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

I always didn’t dare to listen to all my oppas’ singing...it’s my first time listening to JH singing because FTLY showed it:lol: (I can’t run away) that is when I actually heard it...I too also feel embarrassed too. I don’t know why :sweatingbullets: It’s just a natural thing to just curl into a ball pause the video and say I can’t :lol:

I'm with you guys, I also get embarrassed when he sings :) I love it that he does, but I get embarrassed... In FTLY it was fun and funny, though. In Robbers, you will get to see him break into random dance moves. Sometimes in his boxers (very nice control of the pelvis he has :))  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

ROTFL! Our boy can’t sing too good but to his credit, on the fan meeting I attended, there was one song he did “OK” with. Not as bad as this rendition of “Creep” :sweatingbullets: Then again, I wasn’t familiar with that song, so maybe he was destroying it but I couldn’t tell :P How many times has he “performed” this song? Lol 

I think he can learn to dance or “fake dance” better than singing. He did fake well enough in Dance of the Dragon, Please teach me English and he has the flexibility to maybe pull it off, if he takes lessons. Plus martial arts is almost like dancing. 

But, the singing teehee, yeah 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

ROTFL! Our boy can’t sing too good but to his credit, on the fan meeting I attended, there was one song he did “OK” with. Not as bad as this rendition of “Creep” :sweatingbullets: Then again, I wasn’t familiar with that song, so maybe he was destroying it but I couldn’t tell :P How many times has he “performed” this song? Lol 

I think he can learn to dance or “fake dance” better than singing. He did fake well enough in Dance of the Dragon, Please teach me English and he has the flexibility to maybe pull it off, if he takes lessons. Plus martial arts is almost like dancing. 

But, the singing teehee, yeah 

I think he chooses the wrong songs for his voice. When he sang that Ailee song in Friends in Croatia, his voice was very sweet... Oh, and he also wasn't bad when he sang in the bus on that trip to the Grand Canyon! He clearly simply loves to sing! :) So maybe he is trying too much when he is performing? I mean, Creep is not a hard song to sing... Maybe it's also the English.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think he chooses the wrong songs for his voice. When he sang that Ailee song in Friends in Croatia, his voice was very sweet... Oh, and he also wasn't bad when he sang in the bus on that trip to the Grand Canyon! He clearly simply loves to sing! :) So maybe he is trying too much when he is performing? I mean, Creep is not a hard song to sing... Maybe it's also the English.

Awwwww you are right! He sounded very sweet singing that Ailee song :wub:. Well, there is always hope. Even a tone deaf person can become better. I wouldn’t have believed that but, I saw it with my own eyes (or heard it with my own ears) We used to tease my younger brother (who is also an actor btw) because his whole life he sang terribly! And he looooved to sing in the shower, completely out of tune. It was torture for the rest of us. But these past holidays he visited and we played karaoke (with youtube karaoke videos) and we were shocked! He now can carry a tune and he even sounds nice! My mom was about to tear up lololol. She was so happy (My mom can sing really well) He says it only took a few singing lessons. They taught him to breathe and it also has a lot to do with overcoming embarrassment. The rest is learning to handle your own voice and practice. Its like anything, if you practice enough you’ll get the hang of it even if you are not natural and takes you longer than others. I think our JH is a bit challenged in this area lol but Im now a believer that even he could become a better singer (my brother level was more or less the same. It was terrible! But he just loved to sing!) 

• LOL 4

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

. I think our JH is a bit challenged in this area lol but Im now a believer that even he could become a better singer 

Terrible singers don't know how bad they are untill they hear their own recorded voice.:sweatingbullets:

Once I tried to emulate a Chinese 'opera' song in my room and my brother(who is very calm person) completely lost it. He still doesn't allow me to sing in his vicinity.

After hearing many recording of my voice I finally accepted that I'm a bad singer. 

Does JH know that his recorded singing voice is not too flattering? 

• LOL 3

10 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Terrible singers don't know how bad they are untill they hear their own recorded voice.:sweatingbullets:

Once I tried to emulate a Chinese 'opera' song in my room and my brother(who is very calm person) completely lost it. He still doesn't allow me to sing in his vicinity.

After hearing many recording of my voice I finally accepted that I'm a bad singer. 

You can do it! Just go to a faraway forest and sing out loud enough times until you get it right lololol!!! (my brother made me a believer in miracles) 

JH must’ve heard himself! Right? At some point! He must’ve watched a recording of those TV appearances or fan meetings. 

• LOL 3

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I agree... I think he may have chosen the wrong songs and sang too forcefully..its almost like he is injecting some martial arts in his voice. I can the almost feel the force. Guess he needs to relax like the clip below..

maybe he can try singing after drinking..and in the one above he is sleepy from jetlag.. lol!

45 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Mmm...if he watches his fan's IG post. maybe he does.. now to think of it,  I feel a little bad about posting that singing clip...maybe I should have muted it...:lol: :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Here goes my dream for JH and JJH reunion. I kinda miss a drama when a k-actor pairing with same era actor. I'm not so fond into noona romance and with younger male lead and older male lead usually there's no romance. The close one that we got nowadays is SYJ and HB for Clash Landing on You. But, I'm not watching that drama. So, here me go into my corner and continue watching Hospital Playlist until JH next project. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

You can do it! Just go to a faraway forest and sing out loud enough times until you get it right lololol!!! 

JH must’ve heard himself! Right? At some point! 

I don't need to go to any forest because I don't live with my brother anymore.:lol: But I will learn to sing well. Your words gave me hope. Actually once my cousin who is a trained singer said that I've 'nice voice'. I need to ask him if it was a joke or not.

Yes there is little chance that JH never heard himself singing. It means he is either an unrecoverably tone deaf fellow or a closeted troll.

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Mmm...if he watches his fan's IG post. maybe he does.. now to think of it,  I feel a little bad about posting that singing clip...maybe I should have muted it...:lol: :sweatingbullets:

Ha ha..

You should not !  He should know his 'faults'.

• LOL 3