2 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

Money Flower was an exceptional drama. He looked good. Clean, short hair, well dressed. I am ok that there were no proper kiss scenes. In fact, I don't think I want him to do a full blown romance drama with kisses. A melodrama is fine, one where he can showcase his emotions. Something suitable for his age, and not those where they still assume he is in his 30s and going out with girls in their 20s....

Yeah same thinking. I don't mind him acting in a melodrama, but not those rom-coms which he has to act younger than his age by a lot.

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@AquariusMY But 40 year olds still kiss you know? :D kissing is not exclusive to 20 or 30 year olds. Whenever he has been allowed to kiss in movies or dramas, he has done well. But he hasn’t done much romance throughout his career. 

Haha kissing is definitely fine, as long as the partner is not a young girl in her 20s or something. 

• Like 2

Love the pic. He looked so fresh in his clean shaven face + short hair. 

Back to what I said earlier, I am fine if he needs to do kiss scenes but I believe such romantic scenes should be done with someone who is compatible with him in age, and not with a young actress in her 20s.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

Love the pic. He looked so fresh in his clean shaven face + short hair. 

Back to what I said earlier, I am fine if he needs to do kiss scenes but I believe such romantic scenes should be done with someone who is compatible with him in age, and not with a young actress in her 20s.

Agree. 

I’m still keeping my fingers crossed for him to do melo next. Need him in a more relatable and down to earth character this time around. As cool as OHJ and LBW is, it’s harder to relate to them. It’s like they are so sassy and glorious! LOL. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Do you guys think dramas will be impacted by Covid? Will the stations stop the shoots and there may not be any dramas if things get worse? 

It’s very possible

I agree that I want him in a less “larger than life” character next, more like an “everyday man” kind of guy (a bit like his character in Bad Papa maybe, but less sad and better hair) 

Or simply a naturally sexy dude (like himself) who gets in a mature hot relationship and gets to be sexy (did I mention sexy?) Since I want him to be in long hair, let him be an artist/art teacher or sth but not super eccentric. Maybe a shy sweet intelectual lol and we can make the woman be the extrovert (but a mature woman and not a clown) If Jang Nara plays her, even better. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Or simply a naturally sexy dude (like himself) who gets in a mature hot relationship and gets to be sexy (did I mention sexy?) Since I want him to be in long hair, let him be an artist/art teacher or sth but not super eccentric. Maybe a shy sweet intelectual lol and we can make the woman be the extrovert (but a mature woman and not a clown) If Jang Nara plays her, even better. 

@dramafan33 yes yes yessssss you painted the perfect role I would want him to be in! :love: it’s nice to dream a little. But I hate getting my hopes up high and have the dream shattered though hahahhahaha. Oh the dilemma. 

7 hours ago, Sushimi said:

I’m new to this fandom, so imma say hi to all JH’s experienced oppa lovers (fans). :joy:Sunbaes!/Unnies!

Welcome @Sushimi! Hope you’ll enjoy the conversations here! Glad JH has another new fan! (I assume you’re fairly new to him?) 

If you don’t mind, please feel free to share with us what dramas made you notice him and what you like about this wonderful actor! It’s nice to know the journey others had in becoming Hyukie’s fan :) 

@corey I think you may have shared bit and pieces through your chats with us here already but if you would still like to, do share your journey of becoming a fan too! Would love to hear :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, corey said:

Also - re our previous discussion on sad vs. happy ending. It may be that it is due to the ending that FTLY was more loved by fans than Chuno. I mean, who wants our beloved oppa to die at the end of the show?

Me me! Give me Chuno or TWDR anytime over FTLY hahaha..

• LOL 3

25 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

ROTFL! I thought you liked your guys injured not dead! 

I actually think there is something to this notion that a character who dies in the end, stays with us longer, but I guess its all relative 

To some, those super sad stories are not something they want to revisit. Is it masochist? Lol I think I might be on the masochist group, I cry a lot but I rewatch and relive the pain over and over lol 

But a happy drama like FTLY is also something I like to rewatch (I guess it depends on my mood) but I don’t skip the painful parts (again, masochist)

What did you think of Robbers? That Oh Joon was injured and in pain the entire drama lol (my most rewatched JH drama, do I also love my guys injured? Lol) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sushimi said:

I’m new to this fandom, so imma say hi to all JH’s experienced oppa lovers (fans). :joy:Sunbaes!/Unnies!

Hi!! Welcome! So happy to see his thread so lively these days! 

33 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

What about Bad papa? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

ROTFL! I thought you liked your guys injured not dead! 

I actually think there is something to this notion that a character who dies in the end, stays with us longer, but I guess its all relative 

To some, those super sad stories are not something they want to revisit. Is it masochist? Lol I think I might be on the masochist group, I cry a lot but I rewatch and relive the pain over and over lol 

But a happy drama like FTLY is also something I like to rewatch (I guess it depends on my mood) but I don’t skip the painful parts (again, masochist)

What did you think of Robbers? That Oh Joon was injured and in pain the entire drama lol (my most rewatched JH drama, do I also love my guys injured? Lol) 

Yah that's true, I prefer injuries over deaths, but normally they come together so I am not picky haha... 

Oh I hate Robbers, maybe it is the hair, maybe it is the character? I do not like my heroes so despondent, I like heroic types.

14 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

What about Bad papa? 

I don't really like Bad Papa even though there were injuries and death, coz the pain was the deliberately inflicted kind. But it was a nice show.

• Like 4

@Prettysup You are mystery wrapped in a riddle!

Awww but did you drop Robbers? His character changed (he begged and begged and that’s another trope I like lol)

What do you mean Bad Papa’s injuries were deliberately inflicted? So those don’t count? Lolol (Im teasing you but also curious :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

24 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup You are mystery wrapped in a riddle!

Awww but did you drop Robbers? His character changed (he begged and begged and that’s another trope I like lol)

What do you mean Bad Papa’s injuries were deliberately inflicted? So those don’t count? Lolol (Im teasing you but also curious :lol:

I think I sort of fast-forwarded Robbers, so not too sure what happened exactly haha. Maybe the pace was too slow? I just remembered he looked so shaggy most of the time.

Coz Bad Papa's injuries were caused by the MMA fighting, which was deliberate and expected sort of. I mean, it was his own choice to take up this sport and get injured right? I prefer those injuries sustained through accidents, or saving people (heroic kind), or even suffering from sickness is fine. That is why I was hoping to see OHY suffering from some old injuries in TMWYS but I dont think that is going to happen haha.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Actually this is the review that made me appreciate Chuno more when I did a 2nd rewatch. Even thought the drama was like 10 years ago, till now, I can't find any dramas that can match up to its cinematography and action sequences and of course not forgetting Hyuk's brilliant acting. It's no wonder many younger actors like his co stars in MC look up to him and they will mention Chuno.

The same person reviewed Money flower as well. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thefangirlverdict.com/2018/02/10/review-money-flower/amp/

I’ve read this and I love how she wrote.

@fiesty8001 singaporean here! Yes keeping ourselves clean and safe, same to u :)

I love all the dramas he was in, even WOL.

i forward to only his scenes and they were adorable :)

I find it difficult to choose a favourite drama of JH. Chuno, BM, MF and bad papa - almost all on par ! I’m so greedyyyyy haha!

• Like 3
  • Love 1