Quantcast

49 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Haiz...I also read that the virus in SK is spreading fast too. JH better not do any romantic drama at this point of time. No need for onscreen kisses & intimacy. :grimace:

With 350 confirmed cases I worry S Korea's situation can be as much alarming as China's. 

• Sad 3

52 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

With 350 confirmed cases I worry S Korea's situation can be as much alarming as China's. 

Already 350? :blink:I think filming should temporary stop. You just don't know who & who has been in contact with who & who. And I heard in every production team, there's more than 100 people. :unsure:Oh, btw, this drama finished filming or still filming?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Already 350? :blink:I think filming should temporary stop. You just don't know who & who has been in contact with who & who. And I heard in every production team, there's more than 100 people. :unsure:Oh, btw, this drama finished filming or still filming?

Biggest source of infection was a member of the cult in Daegu and  the infection is still not too widespread but incubation period of this virus is very large so there is a chance that many people have been unconciously infecting their neighbours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, budgerie said:

It’s still filming. I imagine filming will only end about 1-2 weeks before the ending of the show. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

It’s still filming. I imagine filming will only end about 1-2 weeks before the ending of the show. 

You know, I'm even contemplating not watching until the drama is over so that I can watch continuously. It's rather frustrating to watch 2 days & stop for 7 days (due to waiting for sub title). 

Btw, do you watch C drama?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

27 minutes ago, budgerie said:

You know, I'm even contemplating not watching until the drama is over so that I can watch continuously. It's rather frustrating to watch 2 days & stop for 7 days (due to waiting for sub title). 

Btw, do you watch C drama?

I don’t like the wait too, but then I like the feeling of watching live because I can have discussions with ppl on the forum abt the show! Plus it’s super hard to avoid spoilers especially when I follow so many Hyukie fan accounts on IG hahaha. I don’t watch C-dramas, not really a fan. Also, I think My quota is only one drama at a time, otherwise I will neglect my work :lol:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I don’t like the wait too, but then I like the feeling of watching live because I can have discussions with ppl on the forum abt the show! Plus it’s super hard to avoid spoilers especially when I follow so many Hyukie fan accounts on IG hahaha. I don’t watch C-dramas, not really a fan. Also, I think My quota is only one drama at a time, otherwise I will neglect my work :lol:

Oh wow! You're really busy, following so many fan accounts on IG. :lol:

Ya I know, sometimes when the storyline gets exciting, is hard to work. Keep thinking of what's next. Esp if it's historical drama, just looking at the number of episodes makes me tired but I enjoy historical drama.

I hope he will do another historical drama (again) but be a king this time already. He'll probably be the most handsome king :grimace:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

It's Saturday. It's holiday. :w00t:

Guys. The thing about Saturday or Friday is that it depends where :D It may not have been yet Saturday for @dramafan33 I just love that we seem to be from different time zones :).

Thank you for your discussion about JH's personal life - I was not even aware that he was involved in a military service dodging scandal. I also love what you all said about him sort of balancing work and personal life and it is great that he is able to do it. I have heard that many K-Drama actors are "owned" by fans and if they start dating or marrying (like in the case of Rain) thei carees seems to be over. This is something that I really find incredible and strange.

Also - I have watched bits of Flu last night and I liked JH of course - but why did they make him interact with an annoying little girl rather than her mother most of the time (at least at the beginning?) . I wil not comment on the rest of the film, out of respect for the COVID -19 situation in SK.

See you later for comments on this week episodes :)

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, corey said:

I have heard that many K-Drama actors are "owned" by fans and if they start dating or marrying (like in the case of Rain) thei carees seems to be over. This is something that I really find incredible and strange.

Not only k fans. I guess C fans, T fans & HK fans all the same. These fans have taken the "fangirling" to a dangerous level. Some even commit suicide when their idol gets married. 

5 minutes ago, corey said:

Also - I have watched bits of Flu last night and I liked JH of course - but why did they make him interact with an annoying little girl rather than her mother most of the time (at least at the beginning?) .

I actually like his interaction with the little girl. Hahaha! Infact I enjoyed his interaction with the little girl more than with Soo Ae. Just like how I enjoyed his interaction with little Shin Ae more than with Hyo Jin in THANK YOU.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, corey said:

Guys. The thing about Saturday or Friday is that it depends where :D It may not have been yet Saturday for @dramafan33 I just love that we seem to be from different time zones :).

I know dramafan33's time zone. I was only trying to be funny.:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 5

1 minute ago, fiesty8001 said:

I know dramafan33's time zone. I was only trying to be funny.:sweatingbullets:

Well, you suceeded, didn't you :D? I was laughing.

BTW - it's Saturday morning for me and it is about 10 to 12 hours until today's episode with Eng subs, so I should go and find something useful to do to kill the time ^_^

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I just love how he smiles so much off camera! I’m so glad he’s enjoying filming with his co-stars. They seem like a really nice bunch of people! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, budgerie said:

Oh wow! You're really busy, following so many fan accounts on IG. :lol:

Ya I know, sometimes when the storyline gets exciting, is hard to work. Keep thinking of what's next. Esp if it's historical drama, just looking at the number of episodes makes me tired but I enjoy historical drama.

I hope he will do another historical drama (again) but be a king this time already. He'll probably be the most handsome king :grimace:

When I saw My Country, I finally understood why people love JH in sageuks. I have not watched him in other sageuks because (aside from Chuno) the rest didn’t have very good reviews. But watching MC made me realize when people say he fits the genre like a glove. I would love to see him play King too, but I would love a melo more. Hahaha. I am not a big fan of historical dramas at all LOL. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

When I saw My Country, I finally understood why people love JH in sageuks. I have not watched him in other sageuks because (aside from Chuno) the rest didn’t have very good reviews. But watching MC made me realize when people say he fits the genre like a glove. I would love to see him play King too, but I would love a melo more. Hahaha. I am not a big fan of historical dramas at all LOL. 

I actually really like him in Shine or go crazy. Especially the part in which he is "under cover". He is hilarious in it! In fact, the entire cast was hilarious during that part :) And that show is also a sort of a melo. I know that some people say that his make up and hair was bad there, but I actually don't see it. I think he looked great. I thought his look was much worse in Deep rooted tree... So, if you feel like it- watch that show. It's one of the shows that I like to rewatch (unlike Chuno...)

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I think you could give a try to Tree with deep roots. Jang Hyuk’s acting there is not super subtle and his character is a bit on the mercurial side but, the drama itself is very engaging. To be honest, I will always have a soft spot for TWDR and his character as this is the drama where I saw him for the first time. It was also a very successful drama in terms of ratings. Its a dynamic drama, not boring at all. 

Shine or go crazy, its like seeing Lee Gun in olden times, it has some production value issues but, to be fair, there is a good amount of romance and chemistry with the female lead. They have kisses even. That’s a rare sageuk that is best at its lighthearted romantic moments than it is at the tense politic intrigue aspect. I think you might fight it enjoyable if you go with the expectation that its not “a sophisticated masterpiece”. The drama has heart and it has satisfying action sequences. 

I’m one of the few people it seems that has watched Great Ambition, its old, its slowish as older dramas tend to be but I loved so many aspects of it, especially the fact that Jang Hyuk played a sweet soft and warm character, which is rare for him even when he was younger (he always had a tendency to play “bad boys”) 

I’d only advice you to stay away from Gaekju aka The Merchant

@Biology Lesson To me Wang So got handsomer as the drama progressed. He looked so hot as the white tiger! I think SOGC’s writing was on the “juvenile” side, and director was letting people just “play” which allowed for a fun crazy first part that I bet was just the actors writing the drama themselves lol, but it was enjoyable. At times Wang So felt like a mix of Lee Gun and Jack Sparrow. BTW it was interesting that even though korean media criticized the drama and Jang Hyuk, it actually pulled decent ratings at the time. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I think you could give a try to Tree with deep roots. Jang Hyuk’s acting there is not super subtle and his character is a bit on the mercurial side but, the drama itself is very engaging. To be honest, I will always have a soft spot for TWDR and his character as this is the drama where I saw him for the first time. It was also a very successful drama in terms of ratings. Its a dynamic drama, not boring at all. 

Shine or go crazy, its like seeing Lee Gun in olden times, it has some production value issues but, to be fair, there is a good amount of romance and chemistry with the female lead. They have kisses even. That’s a rare sageuk that is best at its lighthearted romantic moments than it is at the tense politic intrigue aspect. I think you might fight it enjoyable if you go with the expectation that its not “a masterpiece”. The drama has heart and it has satisfying action sequences. 

I’m one of the few people it seems that has watched Great Ambition, its old, its slowish as older dramas tend to be but I loved so many aspects of it, especially the fact that Jang Hyuk played a sweet soft and warm character, which is rare for him even when he was younger (he always had a tendency to play “bad boys”) 

9 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I actually really like him in Shine or go crazy. Especially the part in which he is "under cover". He is hilarious in it! In fact, the entire cast was hilarious during that part :) And that show is also a sort of a melo. I know that some people say that his make up and hair was bad there, but I actually don't see it. I think he looked great. I thought his look was much worse in Deep rooted tree... So, if you feel like it- watch that show. It's one of the shows that I like to rewatch (unlike Chuno...)

thanks guys! I actually avoid those shows not Solely because those shows aren’t good, or didn’t have good reviews, but because I kinda am very disinterested in sageuk haha. That’s why I forced myself to watch MC just for JH’s sake. I mostly fast forwarded parts without him. 

Is Great Ambition a sageuk too? I guess I’ve been spoilt, watching all the dramas he was critically acclaimed in (MC, BM, FTLY and MF) so much so that I don’t know if I wanna watch shows when his acting was less polished haha. Save for Chuno - I still haven’t watched that even though it was his classic. Also, not that enthusiastic abt it solely because it isn’t a modern drama. 

I wanna keep my fingers crossed his next drama is not a sageuk :sweatingbullets: he can always play those when he is older still. But he should play more modern dramas when he is at his peak 40s! 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

thanks guys! I actually avoid those shows not Solely because those shows aren’t good, or didn’t have good reviews, but because I kinda am very disinterested in sageuk haha. That’s why I forced myself to watch MC just for JH’s sake. I mostly fast forwarded parts without him. 

Well, I think most of us fast forwarded the parts without JH in MC... :) 

13 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Is Great Ambition a sageuk too? I guess I’ve been spoilt, watching all the dramas he was critically acclaimed in (MC, BM, FTLY and MF) so much so that I don’t know if I wanna watch shows when his acting was less polished haha. Save for Chuno - I still haven’t watched that even though it was his classic. Also, not that enthusiastic abt it solely because it isn’t a modern drama. 

When I started watching JH's shows, Shine or go crazy was the third show of his I watched, and it still kept me interested :) I think after that I watched Deep rooted tree. That show I liked, but not because of JH's role, but rather the story was fascinating to me. Chuno I kept for last, as I heard so many good things about it, but it actually ended up being one of my least favorite JH shows- didn't like the cast nor the writing...

I wonder- why do people dislike sageuk so much? I admit I only saw sageuks with JH, so - what specifically is the difference between them and the more modern shows?

14 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I wanna keep my fingers crossed his next drama is not a sageuk :sweatingbullets: he can always play those when he is older still. But he should play more modern dramas when he is at his peak 40s! 

Whatever he chooses next- he better not touch a strand of his hair and it better have a love story in it! I was looking again the screen grabs from episode 6 and I couldn't help imagining how he'd look with that hair in a more... romantic scene... Holy crap!:sweatingbullets: Maybe the next project needs to be a romantic movie- not as chaste as most KDramas...:blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

May I ask why? I was actually planning on seeing it next. I stay away from Tree with Deep Roots , althoughI have heard that is best of the best when it comes to sageuk - however, I have also heard that it ends badly, and I stay away from anything that ends badly. I will try Shine or Go Crazy, then, especially when as you say it has kisses in it.

3 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Whatever he chooses next- he better not touch a strand of his hair and it better have a love story in it!

I support that wholeheartedly! :D

• Like 3