Quantcast

27 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Who did Pil Joo rape? :hushed:

Hahaha! He didn't rape any one although I wished he had...hahaha! My my, I'm such a bad one. 

I'm just saying I want a role of JH that I can hate him. So I was giving an example that even if Pil Joo did all those things, I still couldn't hate.

33 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie Most hateful character he did was in Robbers (but I know you didn’t like that one) I actually wanted to hit him and when he got beat up I enjoyed it (Im cruel)

I didnt like the drama but I don't dislike his character. I just didn't like the drama. I want a character in which I can hate him. Like make me fuming mad at the things he had done.

• LOL 4

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

To be honest, the drought when it comes to JH and romance is so bad

Yes the drought is very bad, ever since FTLY haha. 

And gosh, the story you told me about Sidus makes me pissed at them! I hope there's alot more good things going on between them and JH than what we know, because it'd be terrible to know JH being taken advantage of. I hope there are lots of stuff that we don't know behind the scenes that they do good to JH. 

I will maintain that I am hopeful he will do a melo soon. Haha. He has some Korean fans who has access to his managers right? Can we tell them to tell the managers/JH that his fans realllyyyy want him to do melo/rom-com pleaseeee?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Most K drama the kiss scenes are very fake but yet the camera will focus or stop there for eternity & you see their mouth are glued together but not moving. And the girl will open her eyes big big. 

I guess the one k actor who does a good kiss is Ha Seok Jin. The guy's smart too with a Degree in Engineering. Wooh! But he doesn't get many good scripts.

Please do not get me started on kisses in K-Drama ROTFL. But I am happy to find a fellow Ha Seok JIn fan - I just adore him. 

If I may recommend a good kissing scene, too (I mean, like breaking record kiss of the century) - the kiss at the end of ep 9 - beginning of ep 10 of "Her private life". KIm Jae Wook is approaching 40 now and looks very mature - and I alsways envy Park Min Young for having a job where she gets to kiss the hottest  guys in K-Dramas. So, here is an example of a more mature ship!

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

. Not many drama feature ahjusshi & ahjumma love story.

But I am hoping many more will. Due to the changing demographics in South Korea. People get older and birth rate is minimal - I have a feeling that these people (like me) do not like love stories between young people in their late teens/early twenties (these give me creeps and I avoid them like a plague).

I can see this trend - now the most popular drama have their cast in their 30s, while 10 -15 years ago an unmarried woman in their 30 was called an old maid - evidence - "MY lovely Sam Soon" with Hyun BIN produced in 2004 - nowadays nobody will call a 30 year old woman an old maid - on the contrary - people have their first kisses in their 30 which I find hilarious, but maybe it is like that now in SK.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@The Reel Life All those Sidus decisions made me mad too but at the end of the day JH decided to stay with them and he seems happy in general so hopefully it’s all good 

And yes, let’s be hopeful for a good romcom or melo with Jang Hyuk and a good age appropriate actress with whom he has chemistry. It’s not impossible :)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

And gosh, the story you told me about Sidus makes me pissed at them! I hope there's alot more good things going on between them and JH than what we know, because it'd be terrible to know JH being taken advantage of. I hope there are lots of stuff that we don't know behind the scenes that they do good to JH. 

Not only Sidus. Not only JH. All are like this. C entertainment industry also like this. They have to make sure you bring in the money for them. I'm not sure about K entertainment but C entertainment, actors/actresses start opening their own agency after they have some fame.

28 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

I will maintain that I am hopeful he will do a melo soon. Haha. He has some Korean fans who has access to his managers right? Can we tell them to tell the managers/JH that his fans realllyyyy want him to do melo/rom-com pleaseeee?

I want a proper love story. Not a comedy. Although romance genre isn't my fav but I'm fine if it's a good love story.

30 minutes ago, corey said:

But I am happy to find a fellow Ha Seok JIn fan - I just adore him. 

But he doesn't get many good scripts. Is his agency even working?

If I may recommend a good kissing scene, too (I mean, like breaking record kiss of the century) - the kiss at the end of ep 9 - beginning of ep 10 of "Her private life".

Is this a good drama? I mean drama, not just the kissing. I dislike drama where you know, relationship between the 2 person but the entire family clan is involved that type. So tedious to watch this type of drama.

do not like love stories between young people in their late teens/early twenties (these give me creeps and I avoid them like a plague).

Yes very much me too. I feel like I'm watching a boy's romance story.

Can I have another Pil Joo lookalike? But with a different story, a mature good love story. :DI recently watched a C drama, the actor is 1 of my fav, but he usually does war genre. This time is a rom-com. He's 47 when he filmed the drama & he makes me hooked. Ok he's not handsome handsome but is the maturity of the actor. At least I'm looking at a man, not a boy. :phew:

24 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life All those Sidus decisions made me mad too but at the end of the day JH decided to stay with them and he seems happy in general so hopefully it’s all good 

And yes, let’s be hopeful for a good romcom or melo with Jang Hyuk and a good age appropriate actress with whom he has chemistry. It’s not impossible :)

JH is loyal. He's grateful that Sidus gave him a chance when no one else did. And so he'll not walk out of Sidus when he's good now.

I like him to work with Ji Hyun, I want him to work with Ji Won. I want him to work with Ga In. I kind of like Ji Won in Empress Ki. I think she looks good in costume drama too. Maybe JH can team up with her in a saekgu drama....(hopeful).

JH & JH paired up in Windstruck so hopefully we can see a reunion here.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, budgerie said:

But he doesn't get many good scripts. Is his agency even working?

I do not know if you knew, but recently got a very minot part, almost cameo-like in CLOY. He was in a couple of first episodes, and then I stopped watching when the drama massively jumped the shark for me :D.

Is this a good drama? I mean drama, not just the kissing. I dislike drama where you know, relationship between the 2 person but the entire family clan is involved that type. So tedious to watch this type of drama.

Definitely NOT an "enire family involved" drama. Very much about the couple. Some ridiculous antics if course (but which K-Drama does not have these??). I think I will re-watch it myself one of these days.

Not only Sidus. Not only JH. All are like this. C entertainment industry also like this. They have to make sure you bring in the money for them. I'm not sure about K entertainment but C entertainment, actors/actresses start opening their own agency after they have some fame.

Smart idea opening your own agency. I think Hyun Bin has his own agency with a fellow actress (I believe?). And he is one of the hottest guys in K-Drama nowadays, with CLOY immensely popular.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, corey said:

I do not know if you knew, but recently got a very minot part, almost cameo-like in CLOY. He was in a couple of first episodes, and then I stopped watching when the drama massively jumped the shark for me :D.

Thanks for telling me. I didn't know. Why doesn't he get a lead role since 2018.

Definitely NOT an "enire family involved" drama. Very much about the couple. Some ridiculous antics if course (but which K-Drama does not have these??). I think I will re-watch it myself one of these days.

Actually where K drama is concerned, I actually prefer their period drama. I kind of enjoy it more than their modern drama. With the exception of JH. I like both of his. 

Smart idea opening your own agency. I think Hyun Bin has his own agency with a fellow actress (I believe?). And he is one of the hottest guys in K-Drama nowadays, with CLOY immensely popular.

Apart from JH, I also like Byung Hun, Jin Hee. I like ahjusshi category. :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

JH is loyal. He's grateful that Sidus gave him a chance when no one else did. And so he'll not walk out of Sidus when he's good now.

CEO of his agency is known for being quiet a thug(not unusual for Korean entertainment agencies though). I don't think JH is involved in the business of his company. 

JJH is charming but I never liked her as an actress. I would rather have him paired up with Soo Ae or Kim Ha Neul. But it's been a while since he had an A lister acting partner. I've a feeling that something happened back in 2013. 

1 hour ago, corey said:

Smart idea opening your own agency. 

It's a really bad idea. There are very few Korean actors who have been successfully 

running their own agency. Even Cha Tae Hyun has sold his shares in Blossom Entertainment. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

CEO of his agency is known for being quiet a thug

Is that the guy who always follow JH around? Or that is his manager?

I don't think JH is involved in the business of his company. 

Shareholder? I don't think he would be involved in the daily running of the agency. JH doesn't look the type that can do administrative work.:D 

But it's been a while since he had an A lister acting partner. I've a feeling that something happened back in 2013. 

Huh? Like what? I'm curious!

It's a really bad idea. There are very few Korean actors who have been successfully 

running their own agency. Even Cha Tae Hyun has sold his shares in Blossom Entertainment. 

It's pretty successful in C entertainment though. The actors/actress open their own company & hires a manager to run it. And this way, the actors/actress has the say whether to accept this script or that script or not. 1 very successful C actress even hires someone to read scripts for her & only if it's a good script will it reach her.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

42 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Is that the guy who always follow JH around? Or that is his manager?

It's pretty successful in C entertainment though. 

I'm talking about CEO of Sidus not his personal manager. 

C actors are much more richer and resourceful as compared to Korean actors.

• Like 3

@fiesty8001 A thug? Ok thats not surprising but still disturbing and now I take back my “hope” that JH has much participation in that business other than being a talent. Does Sidus have currently any actual successful star or at least established actor like JH? 

Well I believe Kim Ha Neul is with them, and I also would like that pairing

What are your theories about 2013? You think Iris 2 affected his career negatively? Is that it? (It was that haircut right? That cursed haircut! :mellow:)  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, budgerie said:

I like ahjusshi category. :D

Come to think of it, numerous flower boys from "naughties" and "teens" (years 2000-2009 and 2010-2019) will be approaching ahjussi age. Ji Chang Wook will be 33 this year, the same goes for Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun to name but a few. Well, the original flower boy Lee Joon Gee is now squarely in the ahjussi category at 38. It would be interesting to see their development with their middle age approaching. But I firmly believe they will get roles in melo/romance - just like KIm Jae Wook, who I already mentioned, and also already mentioned GOng Yoo with highly successful "Goblin" (although I could not get past the first episode, because the on-screed age difference between ML (400 ) and FL (19 in the first episode) was just too much for me to swallow, especially that the FL was acting really immature and talking all the time, so I gave up).

@fiesty8001 Are C-actors really much richercompared to K actors? I saw a youtube video once which listed the approximate sums paid per episode for the best paid K-Drama actosr and the range was 40 000 USD (Ji CHang Wook) to 80 000 USD (KIm Soo Hyun). COuld not find similar data for C -Actors. But if they are paid similar sums per episode, then yes, they must be richer than K-Actors given the lentgh of C-dramas, LOL.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@fiesty8001 A thug? Ok thats not surprising but still disturbing and now I take back my “hope” that JH has much participation in that business other than being a talent. Does Sidus have currently any actual successful star or at least established actor like JH?

I always felt he overworked. Based on his schedule, taking care of kids, reading scripts, meet managers, boxing, filming & what other else. How to do so many things in a day? Remember he said he wakes up at 6am to make toast & milo for his kids. And he watched a movie after putting kids to sleep. Doesn't he get tired?

5 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

What are your theories about 2013? You think Iris 2 affected his career negatively? Is that it? (It was that haircut right? That cursed haircut! :mellow:)  

Hahaha! That cursed haircut :phew: yes that hair was really ugly. The hair at Urban Cop too. As well as the WOL haircut & Bad Papa. He cannot have fringe that covers his forehead but I noticed lots of k actors all have thick fringe cover their forehead. K style?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, budgerie said:

He cannot have fringe that covers his forehead but I noticed lots of k actors all have thick fringe cover their forehead. K style?

Indeed the fringe looks bad on JH ROTFL. I know the WOL look, I will look up the other bad harcuts, too. He looks best with his hair parted in the middle and longish, IMHO. Really brings up his eyebrows and rather delicate features. 

I have my own theory about fringes of K-Drama actors. It is just the style which is easiest to do. You just wash and comb your hair. Anything other requires either longer hair, or a "chestnut" haircut or else you need to use  a lot of hairgel :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

What are your theories about 2013? 

I believe JH doesn't have much participation in the business because he keeps his nose to the grindstone. He has been doing many variety shows and low budget dramas and he doesn't have endorsements. If he were into the business he would've been getting better work and more rest.

His company's CEO may be thuggish but he is(...was) really good in grooming new talents. 

Once Sidus was home of largest number of hallayu stars but currently they don't have anyone of that caliber except Kim Woo Bin and Kim Yoo Jung. 

My 2013 theory is still vague but I feel something must have happened in that year. 

1 hour ago, corey said:

LAre C-actors really much richercompared to K actors? I saw a youtube video once which listed the approximate sums paid per episode for the best paid K-Drama actosr and the range was 40 000 USD (Ji CHang Wook) to 80 000 USD (KIm Soo Hyun). COuld not find similar data for C -Actors. But if they are paid similar sums per episode, then yes, they must be richer than K-Actors given the lentgh of C-dramas, LOL.

Yes C stars are richer and China is a huge market. There are more opportunities for doing side businesses and getting good endorsements.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

My post is completely  unrelated to the topic of this thread but I've just read the news that one member of a Korean cult is responsible for infecting 30 people with novel coronavirus ! I always wonder why does Korea has so many cults. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I believe JH doesn't have much participation in the business because he keeps his nose to the grindstone. He has been doing many variety shows and low budget dramas and he doesn't have endorsements. If he were into the business he would've been getting better work and more rest.

His company's CEO may be thuggish but he is(...was) really good in grooming new talents. 

Once Sidus was home of largest number of hallayu stars but currently they don't have anyone of that caliber except Kim Woo Bin and Kim Yoo Jung. 

Kim Woo Bin just signed with a different agency so they are down another one. I wish we could have seen what a different agency could have done for JH, but I guess he must be okay with the state of things. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, budgerie said:

I like him to work with Ji Hyun, I want him to work with Ji Won. I want him to work with Ga In. I kind of like Ji Won in Empress Ki. I think she looks good in costume drama too. Maybe JH can team up with her in a saekgu drama....(hopeful).

I'm indifferent about Han Ga In. She maybe stars in most high rated K-Drama but acting wise she make me not interested. But, famous female lead doesn't meant a success if a story suck. cough...cough...WOL.

• Like 3

I like they give Chuno some love

10 K-Dramas Turning The Big 10 In 2020

Feb 20, 2020
by Belinda_C

It’s that time again where we turn back the clock by 10 years and revisit some of the more memorable dramas from a decade ago. 2010 was the year that delivered the ratings-strong “Baker King, Kim Tak Goo” as well as the cultural phenomenon, “Secret Garden.” We were also treated to gems such as “My Girlfriend is a Gumiho” and “Sungkyunkwan Scandal,” both of which have only continued to garner more fans over the years. And regardless of how well any of these dramas did during that time, we can’t deny that they are memorable and ones that we remember even to this day.

So let’s head down memory lane and say “Happy Birthday” to these 10-year-old dramas!

Slave Hunters

Chuno.jpg

Aired on: KBS
Air date: January 6 – March 25, 2010 (24 episodes)
Starring: Jang Hyuk, Oh Ji Ho, Lee Da Hae, Gong Hyung Jin, Lee Jong Hyuk, Kim Ji Suk 

“Slave Hunters,” also known as “Chuno,” kicked off 2010 by delivering an adrenaline-filled action drama about a slave hunter (Jang Hyuk) who is tasked with tracking down a runaway slave (Oh Ji Ho). The drama is one that boasts intricately filmed fight sequences and sharp editing, but as beautiful as the cinematography is — and it truly is spectacular — what is even more exceptional is the performance by Jang Hyuk. The rawness and passion in his acting is so visceral, it elevates this thrilling drama to a whole other level.

Slave-hunters-gif.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

So, you guys have been talking about where JH is in terms of status is Korean entertainment, saying that he's not offered roles in top rated productions. After trying several times, I kinda gave up on watching shows without JH, so I don't know what good roles were there recently. So, can I ask- what roles do you think JH should have been offered? I am asking about high rated shows in the two last years that have a role that you think JH would have been interested in- meaning an emotionally complex role that shows depth and growth. Do you have examples like that?

• Like 2