Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 2/13/2020 at 4:05 PM, phoenix24 said:

Yea youtube was first place I looked.  Only saw parts of 1,2, 3, and 8 sub, but not all.  Unless it's listed under something else.

I recall watching it, maybe it’s in Chinese.

 

Okay I just went to search , it’s indeed in Chinese. 
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love his laughter here. He seemed so amused and he is so cute reading out the comments. I think he is going to hold a fan meeting in Korea. So happy for the fans !

 

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jane continues to be great! Translated the Q & A video too! The name Dr. Ahn is mentioned in the silly shampoo question. Is Dr. Ahn the Bang gan? Don't like JH is saying OHJ can't move... makes me less hopeful... And he essentially is saying the OHJ is completely blind. This kinda shows that all of the details weren't hammered before the filming started. Either that Or, that JH is going with OHJ's secret...

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Love his laughter here. He seemed so amused and he is so cute reading out the comments. I think he is going to hold a fan meeting in Korea. So happy for the fans !

Anyone finds that SY at certain angle looks like the actress who acted as NMH in Money Flower?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biology Lesson You don’t understand. I CAN’T drop his dramas. I need therapy lol! 
 

Ok itll be long but hear me out,  imagine that the first drama I watched of him while airing was Iris 2 and it was an excruciating experience to me, bad enough that, with ANY other actor, It would’ve turned me off from the actor especially since I was early on my “crush” level. It was the perfect time to avoid getting sucked in into this addiction, example, before JH I had a crush on KNG due to QSD but his next drama I watched was Bad Guy and I disliked it so much that even though I still thought he is a great actor I was turned off and didn’t feel the urge to continue watching his whole filmography (which is what I tend to do, when I have a crush.  I thought I would be like that after Iris 2 (granted, I met my friend Gumi during that time and she made it her mission to have me watch JH interviews and variety show appearances and fall in love with his dorky real life self and his cuteness so I wouldn’t abandon the fandom *sigh* This is when she started translating stuff and we created Stuck on Hyuk) but anyway at that time I had seen JH in TWDR and Chuno  so I was on a heavy Jang Hyuk high and then boom Iris 2 happened and it was a flop and everyone was hating on him, bad reviews everywhere but I was still “sane”, it was sad to see such a good actor getting dragged like that but I still saw it from a cautious “distance” and I thought “I better not watch anything while airing again and Im glad Im not super addicted but then why do I keep watching the new episode as it airs and suffer through this? Am I hoping this will get magically better?”

 

There was also the incredulity that the amazing “Daegil” could’ve landed this bad project, my eyes couldn’t believe how he had dead eyes for most if it etc. but at least it was a reality check that “the man is not perfect”.  But then Gumi happened, Real adorable JH happened, The Flu happened which was meh, but the promotion was cute, Real Men happened and then you know what marvelous thing happened? Fated to love you! Which I got to watch as it aired! And while at first I was wary of what looked too cheesy for my taste turned out to be the MOST amazing experience, watching some haters of his (he got trashed during those first episodes) slowly fall in love with Lee Gun etc, I personally fell in love with his wackiness right away and the chemistry with Jang Nara and by that time I had already watched his old dramas and movies that made me love his acting too like Robbers, etc but I can’t pinpoint the exact moment my sanity was completely gone

 

In general, I never watch dramas as they air, I prefer to binge and to have a general overall idea, reviews of the whole drama before I venture because I have no patience. I wish I could do that with JH but through all this years, I have never had the patience or the ability to wait! If I know the drama is on, I start jonesing to watch it, even without subs even though one day before I was thinking “Ugh this drama is so bad and I know it won’t get better”. Gaekju and Voice were a torture to me (Gaekju more) and not only did I not drop them, I watched them AS THEY AIRED and sometimes with PARTIAL SUBS so yeah, not proud to say it, its bad! I don’t own my will in regards to this actor lolol  I’m addicted to him. My name is Dramafan and I’m a Hyukoholic 

 

Ok, now seriously, I don’t think TMWYS is that bad, yes better than Voice to me, but if It wasn’t with JH but only an actor I sorta like in a “healthier” way like KNG, HB, CJH etc, I would wait until its over and only maybe check it out if it turns out to get great reviews and/or I was in the precise mood for something like it. 

 

Phew! Ok that was a load off my chest! If you got to the end of this long drivel, thanks for listening to my sad story lol 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biology Lesson Prettysup posted this slightly different translation on twitter (provides an additional angle) 

 

Yes, what I understand or suppose is that, 

 

OHJ will come out of the hideout (since they filmed all those scenes in two three days) 

That should be good news right? 
 

No more chameleon tho awwww

 

His Doctor has a name so we might see him again

 

OHJ is indeed blind, and the fact that he doesn’t look so blind at times is because JH is not concentrating on that but more on conveying the emotion of the character (?) at least that’s what I gathered. The wall of evidence might be a mistake? Weird that they focus so much on it? 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson You don’t understand. I CAN’T drop his dramas. I need therapy lol! 

....

Ok, now seriously, I don’t think TMWYS is that bad, yes better than Voice to me, but if It wasn’t with JH but only an actor I sorta like in a “healthier” way like KNG, HB, CJH etc, I would wait until its over and only maybe check it out if it turns out to get great reviews and/or I was in the precise mood for something like it. 

 

Phew! Ok that was a load off my chest! Thanks for listening to my sad story lol 

Wow! :) OK, I guess I was lucky that JH's first show that I've see was Fated to love you...

 

I will say this- I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my forties, so along the course of my life I've been a fan of various actors (not Korean). I've seen the career of one of them fade away due to drugs, bad behavior and really bad choices, this in spite of him being part of some of the biggest action films of the 80s and 90s. Another actor has been throwing away his career in the last few years due to bitterness that led to inability to manage his publicity and attend professional events in Hollywood. Another actor did succeed, but as a result he became conceited and changed his acting style, and I can say I haven't seen any of projects for years.

Now, I became a fan of JH maybe two years ago, at a time he was already established and respected. Maybe not as successful as some of us would want, but successful. After watching several of his shows, I finally became a fan after watching MF. After that, I read everything I could find about him, watched every video of his I could find, even without subs :), and I can officially say- I'm in awe of the way he handles his career and life. In all my years I haven't been a fan of an actor that is as wise and as sober as he is about his job. He wants to succeed, but not at every price. He has principles, even if doesn't say them outright. He chooses roles that are interesting to him, not roles that will guarantee success. And I love him for that. Will all of his choices turn out to be good? No, obviously not. As you guys often tell me, JH doesn't control everything on set, so some shows turn out not as good. Even the biggest actors in the world have bad projects that they are criticized for. That's natural. As it is- I don't know many actors that have as many good projects as JH already has, so any thing from here is a bonus to me :) one thing I do know about JH is that even if the project is not as good as I'd like it to be- he will do his best to create a magnificent character! Will TMWYS match his greatness? I doubt it, considering the director, but I hope it will be better than Voice, and in the mean time- I already think about his next project...

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Prettysup posted this slightly different translation on twitter (provides an additional angle) 

 

Yes, what I understand or suppose is that, 

 

OHJ will come out of the hideout (since they filmed all those scenes in two three days) 

That should be good news right? 
 

No more chameleon tho awwww

 

His Doctor has a name so we might see him again

 

OHJ is indeed blind, and the fact that he doesn’t look so blind at times is because JH is not concentrating on that but more on conveying the emotion of the character (?) at least that’s what I gathered. The wall of evidence might be a mistake? Weird that they focus so much on it? 

 

 

You might be right that him saying that all those scenes in the hideout were binge filmed, means that after that he will be filming somewhere else... Phew! That's a relief. I thought him saying OHJ can't move might negate that....Hope that's a mislead.

As to the blindness- I wonder why JH didn't mention the fact that he has already played a blind character in the The swordsman...  

Again, maybe him saying that OHJ blind is another mislead... Either that, or the production is really not thinking things through by having OHJ being surrounded by pictures and surveillance screens... 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@phoenix24 @dramafan33 @Biology Lesson @budgerie hope I didn't miss anyone - THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts on how you guys deal with the negativity towards the drama and (sometimes) JH from other people! 

It was really eye-opening hearing your different perspectives. There was so much conversations that I may not respond to them one by one, but with reference to @dramafan33 your latest post about how you endured Iris 2 and then had a beautiful fan journey with FTLY, goes to show that these are ups and downs that need to be embraced as a fan! 

And @budgerie thank you for taking the time to write how I shouldn't get so drained by external comments from people. haha. Makes sense but sometimes it's hard to do, but then when you said "What would Hyukie say if he heard all these comments", then I thought - I don't think he would bother too much. You're right in that he pretty much does what he chooses to, and if he had wanted fame and money so much he would have been very selective of the roles he does, those that guarantee success. And yes, alot of things are out of his locus of control, so it's better to just enjoy the journey!

I also figured out why I felt drained reading the comments. This is only my 2nd show of JH that I am watching "live". The first was MC. The rest of the shows of his I watched on Netflix or some other sites (FTLY, BM, Voice and MF) were arguably his BEST performances (except for Voice, but it was a ratings hit) and I watched them only last year, long after the shows had ended. So binge watching, there was no "live comments" to follow and I didn't bother much going back to forums to read, but just kept to reading reviews to see what was the general reception. As for MC, while he wasn't the lead, he was just roaring levels of amazing, and praises were just pouring in for him. Again, very pleasant experience. Which brings me to the point that I've never had the experience of watching a Hyukie drama "live" and have the drama or his role criticized. That's why it was particularly draining, I felt like - "What - This actor is so amazing, he deserves the best! Why are people bashing the show/role over and over?" Another reason I didn't particularly like all the comments was also because like @dramafan33 said, if only the show's flaws are highlighted, then the general public will be influenced to NOT watch, and this means they are missing out on a great performance by a great actor! I don't think criticisms are bad, they are fine and it's good to have both perspectives and not be blindly supporting, but I feel that not enough good things about TMWYS and OHJ are being shared/highlighted, which is a pity. I just wished the comments were abit more balanced. 

BUT, at the end of the day, it's a free forum and people can say anything they want, so like you guys said, just enjoy the ride lightheartedly! 

Oh btw, looking at the OCN interview clips, it makes me think that the cast are really having fun and enjoy working with each other! That's why the director also said the atmosphere at the shooting site is great. Happy to know they are having fun acting together! 

  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With English subs, with additional question by JSY at the end talking about JH’s handsomeness haha

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Yes, what I understand or suppose is that, 

 

OHJ will come out of the hideout (since they filmed all those scenes in two three days) 

That should be good news right? 

 

 

I am not too optimistic about that though. He may mean that during that time of interview, they had shot 2-3 days inside the hideout. But that doesn’t mean they don’t go back there to shoot after the interview ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

 

 

I am not too optimistic about that though. He may mean that during that time of interview, they had shot 2-3 days inside the hideout. But that doesn’t mean they don’t go back there to shoot after the interview ?

I do feel though that it’s either 

1. He came out of his hideout

2. They changed his hideout after the killer attacked 

 

otherwise not sure why they feel the need to film everything within 2-3 days. The point in which the questions were asked was on 8th Feb (the questions that ppl posted on OCN’s IG) so I think they would have shot abt 7-8 episodes by then? Because In Soo Young’s vlog that day at the point of the press con she said they have shot abt 5-6 episodes. Also he said doesn’t know what happened to the chameleon already. If he is still filming there they should still have the chameleon? Unless the killer killed the chameleon or they had it solely as a prop they put in scenes for, but that was independent from his filming location. 
 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yeah! The translation!

 

 

 

 


yes thanks!!!

the bit about which shampoo he uses was so funny hahahah! And he is indeed sexy :) and very charismatic. 
 

I believe in the later episodes he will come out from hiding, judging from what he said about the reason why OHJ is hiding and that’s because he still can’t walk out from the lost of his fiancé. And the person that forces him out could be the killer who somehow got to know that he is still alive and where he is hiding.

 

it will be Interesting to see how can OHJ hunt him down now that he is no longer hiding. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

And @budgerie thank you for taking the time to write how I shouldn't get so drained by external comments from people. haha. Makes sense but sometimes it's hard to do, but then when you said "What would Hyukie say if he heard all these comments", then I thought - I don't think he would bother too much. You're right in that he pretty much does what he chooses to, and if he had wanted fame and money so much he would have been very selective of the roles he does, those that guarantee success. And yes, alot of things are out of his locus of control, so it's better to just enjoy the journey!

 

I also figured out why I felt drained reading the comments. This is only my 2nd show of JH that I am watching "live". The first was MC. The rest of the shows of his I watched on Netflix or some other sites (FTLY, BM, Voice and MF) were arguably his BEST performances (except for Voice, but it was a ratings hit) and I watched them only last year, long after the shows had ended. So binge watching, there was no "live comments" to follow and I didn't bother much going back to forums to read, but just kept to reading reviews to see what was the general reception. As for MC, while he wasn't the lead, he was just roaring levels of amazing, and praises were just pouring in for him. Again, very pleasant experience. Which brings me to the point that I've never had the experience of watching a Hyukie drama "live" and have the drama or his role criticized. That's why it was particularly draining, I felt like - "What - This actor is so amazing, he deserves the best! Why are people bashing the show/role over and over?" Another reason I didn't particularly like all the comments was also because like @dramafan33 said, if only the show's flaws are highlighted, then the general public will be influenced to NOT watch, and this means they are missing out on a great performance by a great actor! I don't think criticisms are bad, they are fine and it's good to have both perspectives and not be blindly supporting, but I feel that not enough good things about TMWYS and OHJ are being shared/highlighted, which is a pity. I just wished the comments were abit more balanced. 

BUT, at the end of the day, it's a free forum and people can say anything they want, so like you guys said, just enjoy the ride lightheartedly!

 

Oh btw, looking at the OCN interview clips, it makes me think that the cast are really having fun and enjoy working with each other! That's why the director also said the atmosphere at the shooting site is great. Happy to know they are having fun acting together! 

Just want to share a personal experience with you.

 

Believe me. I was like you before. I think was 2011 or 2013 I cannot quite remember. I watched a C drama & got so mesmerised by the lead actor & his portrayal of the role that it took me 2 years to walk out of that drama. Just give you an example, imagine Pil Joo (whom I love so much & still do), but behind is involved in exhortion, kidnap, rape, violence....but still I can't hate Pil Joo even if does that. That was what happened to me at that time.

 

There were mixed feelings of the drama by netizens. Some were compassionate towards the lead actor as despite putting a strong front, but is a sick man in the mind & in the heart due to his quest for revenge (similar to Pil Joo). Some were not sparing in words & even the writers got scolded etc. I got myself super annoyed that it was "affecting" my daily routine. Annoyed at the remarks + annoyed at the way the drama was heading. It's a dark sad drama :blink: yet I felt very much for the lead actor's role.

 

However, thankfully I was still rational, since it's affecting my daily routine, means I'm unable to draw the line already. The actor probably finished his role & moved on but me here still stucked in the drama unable to walk out. It did take me awhile to slowly come out of it. 2 years to be precise. So I understand what you mean by it's not easy. It definitely is not easy. But if it's affecting you or draining you, you have to ask yourself if you've crossed the line of real & dramaland. 

 

As for JH being a super actor, yes, for you & me here, definitely he's best. But for the general audience, not necessarily. To them, he's just another actor. It's very subjective who is a better actor than JH or who is a worse actor than JH. This is individual preference. If you look at the bts, JH is having fun filming but you're feeling miserable watching. If it's going to bother you, don't read those remarks/comments. Just enjoy the drama (good or bad) & just enjoy his performance which he put in alot of effort to create OHJ. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I do feel though that it’s either 

1. He came out of his hideout

2. They changed his hideout after the killer attacked 

 

otherwise not sure why they feel the need to film everything within 2-3 days. The point in which the questions were asked was on 8th Feb (the questions that ppl posted on OCN’s IG) so I think they would have shot abt 7-8 episodes by then? Because In Soo Young’s vlog that day at the point of the press con she said they have shot abt 5-6 episodes. Also he said doesn’t know what happened to the chameleon already. If he is still filming there they should still have the chameleon? Unless the killer killed the chameleon or they had it solely as a prop they put in scenes for, but that was independent from his filming location. 
 

 

 

Maybe coz he joined the team late as he was filming MC then hence he needed to binge film in order to catch up with the schedule ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...