1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Oh no! I didn’t click on the link - is it really that bad :( 

Lol! Yes the scene in particular is very bad. Its always bad when cops look so slow and inept in these dramas. This is why Ive decided not to watch clips out of context again! But ep 4 itself, I was ok with it. Im still “ok” with this drama, I just want more OHJ and learn more about him. See him bond with SY etc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

@Biology Lesson @The Reel Life

I read some comments on Naver that he is like a supporting role but he is supposed to be the lead.

I was telling myself that too. In MC he was the supporting but when he came on screen, he seemed the lead. This one he is the lead but at this point of time, he looked like the supporting to me. Hopefully episode 5 will see some "changes" to OHJ. Change his clothes & come out of that room.  

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I loved ep 2 but not really ep 3 and 4. Somehow the cases here seemed  a little too predictable to my liking. It's a little too gory for gory sake. Maybe it's just me. And I really hope to see him out of the room, not that he is faking his disability but just to interact with the rest of the team. Hopefully after  the killer's attempt to kill him, he will return to the team or something..  

Is it only me who wanted to see the gory scenes? :oWhat I didn't quite enjoy is that the killing seemed pretty easy. Not much struggle & not much fighting. 

The scene which the spectacle guy was killed in the studio during interview, doesn't nobody see the line being lowered. Surely the woman next to him might see something since she is just next to him & don't he feel something going around his neck? Or sense something towards his neck? That scene was most ridiculous because when he was struggling for breath, everyone just looked for a long time including the cops.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

It would be fun to see him interact more with the team but I want to enjoy more of his bonding with SY by her continuing to be his eyes and legs. If only the drama gave him some “domestic” moments like it has given SY, you know? We saw her eating with her dad, we see lighthearted moments of her and the other cops. I want OHJ to have some light moments with SY and then join the rest of the world (Im thinking of how LYO had his wifi first and then later he started interacting more with the rest) 

Yes! I hope to see some lighthearted and heart warming moments between OHJ and SY and maybe with Ha Young too! He is also part of the team even though he is hidden.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Hehe..a closer look...why is OHJ promo pic there? Lol.

Screenshot-20200210-150211-Chrome.jpg

This kinda shows lack of thought and low level of production. This is why I am not even trying to predict where the show is going according to the small details, as it's clear this production is not subtle and is not paying attention to those details. The only character that you can trust is JH's, as we know he pays close attention to every movement, every word. But he also is dependent on the script, so even with OHJ we will probably see inconsistencies... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

An upgrade...lol!

Wow it must require a lot of strength to do what he did on the left! 

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

This kinda shows lack of thought and low level of production. This is why I am not even trying to predict where the show is going according to the small details, as it's clear this production is not subtle and is not paying attention to those details. The only character that you can trust is JH's, as we know he pays close attention to every movement, every word. But he also is dependent on the script, so even with OHJ we will probably see inconsistencies... 

yes, unfortunately as detailed as JH is he can’t change a poor quality script. That is why I have always wanted JH to work with very good writers and directors who can make use of his talent and not squander it. JH is so underrated! :tears:

I really hope he can work with the director of Money Flower again, they seemed to have great trust and chemistry. She also directed Crowned Clown which did really well. She also worked with him as a smaller Co-director for FTLY and also Old Goodbye. Who knows, maybe she will bring JH and JNR together since she is familiar with them, for a 3rd reunion drama? That would be my dream come true haha. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Lol! Yes the scene in particular is very bad. Its always bad when cops look so slow and inept in these dramas. This is why Ive decided not to watch clips out of context again! But ep 4 itself, I was ok with it. Im still “ok” with this drama, I just want more OHJ and learn more about him. See him bond with SY etc

im going to watch episode 3 and 4 tonight

and @azureblue7 this one! :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Hmmm.. the killer even has pics of OHJ holding a gun and him standing up???? Who is he? The production crew? :joy: I think the props department need to be more careful and detailed.... viewers are very observant nowadays.

Whoever did this is probably trolling the audience, he got creative by pasting a big OHJ head on a tiny body too. I mean, why add promo pics? He could’ve kept the mosaic with only a few pics. Someone has a sense of humor 

• LOL 1

2 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Whoever did this is probably trolling the audience, he got creative by pasting a big OHJ head on a tiny body too. I mean, why add promo pics? He could’ve kept the mosaic with only a few pics. Someone has a sense of humor 

Yes! I saw that pic! So funny!  If it's true, I love OCN's sense of humour. Their promotional clips can be really funny and interesting  too.

• LOL 1

7 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life I love her and I have the same dream of having a reunion between the PD and both Jangs. I suspect she wasn’t that small of a co-director in FTLY, I remember her more during behind the scenes than the male director. I hope they reunite in a successful romantic drama or even movie! 

Let’s continue to dream and hope it comes true in dramaland!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

And I agree that even though Hyuk is always wearing the same outfit and is always in the same room, he is still hot! Haha!

In this drama, JH wardrobe is the cheapest! Just 1 outfit throughout the entire drama. And I believe the black high neck is his own. He wore it when he was Ji Cheol.

6 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yes! I hope to see some lighthearted and heart warming moments between OHJ and SY and maybe with Ha Young too! He is also part of the team even though he is hidden.  

Me too. Although I'm liking the drama but don't just solve cases. Have some personal moments. If SY is to be his legs & eyes, it must be a more closer relationship than now.

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

yes, unfortunately as detailed as JH is he can’t change a poor quality script. That is why I have always wanted JH to work with very good writers and directors who can make use of his talent and not squander it. JH is so underrated! :tears:

I really hope he can work with the director of Money Flower again, they seemed to have great trust and chemistry. She also directed Crowned Clown which did really well. She also worked with him as a smaller Co-director for FTLY and also Old Goodbye. Who knows, maybe she will bring JH and JNR together since she is familiar with them, for a 3rd reunion drama? That would be my dream come true haha. 

Ya, the director for MF is good. The writers too. And the entire cast.

The director knows how to make JH stand out.

I wonder what role will be his next?

• Like 2

Finished watching Ep4, and I must say I'm disappointed.  I agree with @The Reel Life@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @dramafan33. JH's scene is too short and he's more like a supporting role rather the main lead.  When I was watching, I keep thinking when is OHJ going to appear.  And he seems to have the same scenes in every episode.  At least in Voice, the fl gets to come out of the call room.  But JH has been in the room since ep1 and doing the same thing.  If he's going to be in this state throughout the show,  then why cast JH?  He can do more than that.  

And talk about the gory scenes, I don't like them too, its too.... intentional.  Make it as gory as possible to hook the audience? To add spice and excitement?  :wacko:

Sorry gals, but I just have to rant.  4 episodes into this drama, and I'm feeling so frustrated.  Been waiting for JH's lead role, and I'm not satisfied at all.  I need motivation to carry on this drama.  

• Like 4

@AgnesO I understand your frustration but I want to clarify my personal opinion

I already LOVE OHJ 10000x more than I loved many of his other characters. I don’t agree with the statement, why cast him? Because he is doing already so much with this role despite its limitations. How many actors do you know that would be able to do that? I don’t even need him to change clothes (LYO never changed clothes, clothes make no difference) or to be outside to be mesmerized by him. 

My issue and my ONLY issue is he has not had enough scenes and we know very little about him. I don’t need him to “do” anything other than profiling but get us to know him better. Look at MJH in Voice, he “did” a lot of things, in fact he never stopped “doing” things yet he was so boring. OHJ “faking” as many suggested and getting up would not improve him as a character, it would ruin him because it would be so contrived. What needs to happen is for the character to get more fleshed out through each episode, case and interaction with SY so that we get to know him and feel for him (I already do but thats because JH is great and being exquisitely nuanced here) but he needs to get fleshed out within his constraints, or are we suggesting that just because a person is disabled it means they are automatically uninteresting? That makes no sense. The problem here is he is barely having any scenes imo. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Yes, I am disappointed that he doesn't have as many scenes, and the conversations are very dry. That's my problem with the writers.

However, I do want to say that I guess I trust that there is more to the role than this which made JH choose it, unless he didn't know that the writers never intended to give the depth he hoped for to the character. Afterall, he's only human and this may have been his blindspot just like how he had the blindspot with the character in Voice. He may have his reasons an intrigue when he decided to do the role, and sometimes it comes out very differently in its fully formed product i.e. the drama. 

I just am keeping my fingers crossed but yet hopes not high up that he chose it knowing that his scenes will not always be like how they were in Episode 1-4, and that it will be varied as the story moves along. But yes, it's getting repetitive, the scenes that the writers and directors are making him do. I will stick on for JH no matter what, but I know casual viewers won't stick on for that. And it always makes me feel kinda sad knowing that his talents are not being appreciated by the general public in its fullest potential due to script and drama limitations.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AgnesO said:

Finished watching Ep4, and I must say I'm disappointed.  I agree with @The Reel Life@Biology Lesson @azureblue7 @dramafan33. JH's scene is too short and he's more like a supporting role rather the main lead.  When I was watching, I keep thinking when is OHJ going to appear.  And he seems to have the same scenes in every episode.  At least in Voice, the fl gets to come out of the call room.  But JH has been in the room since ep1 and doing the same thing.  If he's going to be in this state throughout the show,  then why cast JH?  He can do more than that.  

And talk about the gory scenes, I don't like them too, its too.... intentional.  Make it as gory as possible to hook the audience? To add spice and excitement?  :wacko:

Sorry gals, but I just have to rant.  4 episodes into this drama, and I'm feeling so frustrated.  Been waiting for JH's lead role, and I'm not satisfied at all.  I need motivation to carry on this drama.  

I agree with you agreeing with us! :) 

While watching Voice, I remember also thinking "why cast JH for this role?!" , as they didn't take advantage of his acting abilities, just his action abilities. but in TMWYS- they have been using him even less than in Voice! Similarly to Voice, very little acting, but now, we don't even get the action part! He's just there to create atmosphere, it seems, like a prop... Next show, they should just use a picture of him, and not waste his time... :huh:

In Voice, that feeling lasted till the last episode. Now, I'm hoping that his role will change. JH stressed that the emphasis will be on the psychology of the characters. All he spoke about in the press conference was that development of the characters is the center while the plot being a mere catalyst. So, I'm still optimistic that in the next episodes things will change, and OHJ will come to the forefront and we will get a more satisfying show for us.  My theory, as I've said before, is that the killer will soon try to kill OHJ (the chocking scene that we've seen in the 5 min preview), OHJ will fight him and reveal that he actually can walk. I hope to god that this is when we will get a cool fighting scene. I was worried about him being in constant pain, as we didn't know what pills he's taking, but now knowing that they are for anxiety, I hope it means that he can actually fight. 

I hope that from that point onward he will join the team at the police station, as I would love to see him interact with the rest of the team, and to help him, I really hope that his lovely brother Bang Gan :)will also join the team, and we will get to see more of the banter we saw in MC. As you can see, I'm a very hopeful person... :D

I tried to remember how exactly we felt by episode 4 of MC- if I remember correctly we were similarly frustrated by his role that was very limited still at that time. Back then we had even less hope, as his role was a supporting one, but we were eventually pleasantly surprised. So, hopefully, we will have an even bigger surprise now.

• Like 3

I really don’t see how him doing action scenes will improve the drama, what does that change? Imagine him saying the exact same lines he has been saying but standing, does that change anything at all? If the character is not fleshed out, his moving or not moving won’t make any difference. At least OHJ is not dumb, and nothing he has said has been pointless, unlike MJH who only yelled and talked nonsense all the time. To me, even if OHJ doesn’t do anything else ever, he’ll still be more watchable than stupid MJH (sorry but MJH really sucked in every possible way) OHJ being smart is the only reason I have a tiny bit of hope. If they made it that he pretended all this time, the character will be completely destroyed. Imagine the absurdity of faking even in privacy (not saying writers are not capable of doing that, my trust in them is zero, I just hope they don’’t) But I’ll shut up about this point now. I guess what we all agree on, this drama needs improvement. 

From ep 2 or so, the bottle of pills was shown and  someone translate it on twitter as Diazepam (its the same as Valium) its used to treat different conditions, and its probably causing OHJ to be so “calm” almost dormant emotionally (other than well, he was already mostly a cerebral type of person). I’d be sleeping all day in that dark place too. It’s a wonder he manages to keep his brain so sharp. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1