12 hours ago, budgerie said:

Tease all they want! He's not affected. Lol. SY is adorable. Liking her too. And in the earlier clip, he said he's always amazing. Thick skinned. Hahaha! 

haha, I also thought he was so cute how curious he was with what's inside the box

Definitely, a man on a mission.  He just went straight for it, and then remember to make it entertaining.  It also helps that his hair is long so that his ears won't be ticklish from the poms poms unlike his friend.  All I can remember is from the interview from happy together where they say he practice his lines over and over even for promo and so he was so ready to say whatever he prepared.

• Like 5

This is cute- the BTS of a kiss scene from the movie Please teach me English... Does anyone knows what is being said? Clearly JH is extremely uncomfortable :) ... Don't know if it has a connection, but if I'm not mistaken JH met his future-wife around the same time of filming this movie, and he actually convinced the director to insert a tap dancing scene so that he could have an excuse to call her...

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

Do you guys think we will get a casting news of JH considering an offer for another new drama before/right after TMYWS ends? 

This hasn’t ended but I’m already looking forward to what he can do next :D thinking what kind of project he will take up, and also hoping he will do a melo, and also hoping he will not take too long a break :tears:

oh side note, I wish they turned up the lighting in his scenes in TMWYS. I get that it’s supposed to be mysterious but I can barely see his beautiful face clearly :( and can he have moreeeee scenes pls???  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Do you guys think we will get a casting news of JH considering an offer for another new drama before/right after TMYWS ends?

:DShouldn't we let him rest first? He came (back to back) from MC and MC was 8 months of filming? His family needs him first. Give him a break. Lol.

This hasn’t ended but I’m already looking forward to what he can do next :D thinking what kind of project he will take up, and also hoping he will do a melo, and also hoping he will not take too long a break :tears:

He said he still has alot of roles he wants to play but I'm just thinking what has he not played? A butcher? Perhaps he can be the killer this time. Or a (mature) love story? Something similar to "I have a lover" that kind?

oh side note, I wish they turned up the lighting in his scenes in TMWYS. I get that it’s supposed to be mysterious but I can barely see his beautiful face clearly :( and can he have moreeeee scenes pls???  

I really hope to see him & SY develop a deep friendship, a trust with each other. Maybe he might reveal to her (only her) that he's only pretending to be crippled & blind to deceive everybody. Am I asking too much?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

:DShouldn't we let him rest first? He came (back to back) from MC and MC was 8 months of filming? His family needs him first. Give him a break. Lol.

LOL yes you're right. He should spend time with his family. I'm hoping despite filming he still has time to spend with his family since his scenes doesn't seem to be thatttt much so far. Then perhaps we can hope for a sooner return after this drama? :P I don't know, I just don't feel that this drama is satisfying my need for JH on screen enough! Maybe because he doesn't get as much screentime and the focus is not always on him. I want something like FTLY, BM and MF where the focus IS HIM!!! Am I asking for too much hahaha :frown:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

LOL yes you're right. He should spend time with his family. I'm hoping despite filming he still has time to spend with his family since his scenes doesn't seem to be thatttt much so far. Then perhaps we can hope for a sooner return after this drama? :P I don't know, I just don't feel that this drama is satisfying my need for JH on screen enough! Maybe because he doesn't get as much screentime and the focus is not always on him. I want something like FTLY, BM and MF where the focus IS HIM!!! Am I asking for too much hahaha :frown:

I'm with you. I'd love JH's next project to at least allow his character to have sincere smiles and maybe a sense of humor. It seems that in both recent projects his character is always dark and calculating. And a little bit of romance won't kill him! For crying out loud, JH! :tears:

As to the TMWYS- I really hope that OHJ will soon be getting out of that room and that the show will change. As it is now,  the show is shaping to be what we feared- a flipped version of Voice. I kinda hoped the shift will occur in episode 4 when OHJ is attacked in his lair, but I see it still hasn't happened...

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm with you. I'd love JH's next project to at least allow his character to have sincere smiles and maybe a sense of humor. It seems that in both recent projects his character is always dark and calculating. And a little bit of romance won't kill him! For crying out loud, JH! :tears:

As to the TMWYS- I really hope that OHJ will soon be getting out of that room and that the show will change. As it is now,  the show is shaping to be what we feared- a flipped version of Voice. I kinda hoped the shift will occur in episode 4 when OHJ is attacked in his lair, but I see it still hasn't happened...

Agreed with everything you said. I’ve been missing him in romance/Daily life drama roles. And I miss his happy face. That’s why seeing him in those short clips during the promos where he jokes briefly like the one where they were guessing the thing in the box was so good. It reminded me of the JH who is always optimistic and dorky - except we don’t get to see much of it due to his recent drama characters. 

I’m blaming the newbid TMYWS writers too, they don’t seem to be bringing anything new, ironically :unamused:

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Agreed with everything you said. I’ve been missing him in romance/Daily life drama roles. And I miss his happy face. That’s why seeing him in those short clips during the promos where he jokes briefly like the one where they were guessing the thing in the box was so good. It reminded me of the JH who is always optimistic and dorky - except we don’t get to see much of it due to his recent drama characters. 

I’m blaming the newbid TMYWS writers too, they don’t seem to be bringing anything new, ironically :unamused:

I really hope ep. 5 will mark a change in the flow of this show... I'm seeing all the captures of from ep. 4 JH, and they seem identical to the ones from the previous episodes... God, at least allow him to change his clothes!

Just saw this clip from ep. 5- I'm very disappointed in this show- really stupid scene! I guess- spoiler alert...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson If JH wasn’t in this drama, I probably would’ve dropped it based on this scene only. Very cringe-worthy. 

Completely agree. Actually, if it wasn't for JH, I wouldn't have even bothered with an OCN show at all, after my experience with Voice and The guest... JH better makes this worth us while, and get out of that room already!!! :weary:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Completely agree. Actually, if it wasn't for JH, I wouldn't have even bothered with an OCN show at all, after my experience with Voice and The guest... JH better makes this worth us while, and get out of that room already!!! :weary:

You didn’t like The Guest? I was planning to watch it one day, I had heard good things! Hmmm Im not so good at judging korean crime mistery thrillers cause I kinda just go with the flow, so I remember thinking “Signal” was good or at least it didn’t bore me. But Voice bothered me so much, not only because the cops appeared too dumb but as we’ve said before, because of how one dimensional the main characters were. I was liking this drama “ok” due to my low expectations but the killers/killings are beginning to feel too cheesy (the first one was definitely too much) and now this young one, who smiles when he kills, I’d rather not see him tbh. It’s getting to be like the mini-villain in Bad Papa, kinda out of place. 

PS: Jang Hyuk is still so hot!  

• Like 4

@Biology Lesson @The Reel Life

I feel the same. I wished the focus can be more on him. I read some comments on Naver that he is like a supporting role but he is supposed to be the lead. I loved ep 2 but not really ep 3 and 4. Somehow the cases here seemed  a little too predictable to my liking. It's a little too gory for gory sake. Maybe it's just me. And I really hope to see him out of the room, not that he is faking his disability but just to interact with the rest of the team. Hopefully after  the killer's attempt to kill him, he will return to the team or something..  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

You didn’t like The Guest? I was planning to watch it one day, I had heard good things! Hmmm Im not so good at judging korean crime mistery thrillers cause I kinda just go with the flow, so I remember thinking “Signal” was good or at least it didn’t bore me. But Voice bothered me so much, not only because the cops appeared too dumb but as we’ve said before, because of how one dimensional the main characters were. I was liking this drama “ok” due to my low expectations but the killers/killings are beginning to feel too cheesy (the first one was definitely too much) and now this young one, who smiles when he kills, I’d rather not see him tbh. It’s getting to be like the mini-villain in Bad Papa, kinda out of place. 

I enjoyed the Guest. Haha! I guess it is personal  preference as I loved Signal too. I actually felt that Tunnel was better than voice as the character development was better. 

And I agree that even though Hyuk is always wearing the same outfit and is always in the same room, he is still hot! Haha!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

You didn’t like The Guest? I was planning to watch it one day, I had heard good things! Hmmm Im not so good at judging korean crime mistery thrillers cause I kinda just go with the flow, so I remember thinking “Signal” was good or at least it didn’t bore me. But Voice bothered me so much, not only because the cops appeared too dumb but as we’ve said before, because of how one dimensional the main characters were. I was linking this drama “ok” with my low expectations but the killers/killings are beginning to feel too cheesy (the first one was definitely too much) and now this young one, who smiles when he kills, I’d rather not see him tbh. It’s getting to be like the mini-villain in Bad Papa, kinda out of place. 

Yeah, I didn't like The guest that much. Essentially I felt it had the same formula of Voice- it presented our killer in the beginning in a very gory way, and then we get to know our main protagonists that are all connected to the murderer, almost all feeling guilty for what happened to them in one way or another, and obviously they develop a "friendship" that is very sterile in a way and not well written.  And even more obvious- there will be no sexual tension between any of the males and female protagonists! I think the guys had more sexual tension between them, than with the girl... Also, Similarly to Voice and TMWYS- the main female character dressed very plainly, almost in a masculine way, with very little makeup- don't forget, we need to justify the lack of sexual tension! ugh...

As to the plot- similarly to Voice, all the episodes, besides the first episodes and last episodes were essentially filler- very little advancement of the main plot, instead you get a random case of the week that is loosely connected to the main plot, but in reality adds very little information to help the guys solve the the mystery. The middle of the show really bored me, because I knew that very little that happened there will really matter, and the characters were very bland. Eventually, the guys bumble their way to the last two episode, in which the pace suddenly gets much faster, the guys become much smarter and the plot is resolved. yey...

I haven't seen that many other OCN shows, but the only one that I did like was Black. It was different, as instead of one main mystery, it had many small ones, and they were resolved throughout the show one after the other, so the show avoided having the protagonists becoming idiots in the middle. I loved that you didn't even know that what was revealed at the end was the real main arc of the show. Also- the show had romance! Not the hottest romance, and the ending I thought was too cutsey, but it was a nice change of pace...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

@Biology Lesson @The Reel Life

I feel the same. I wished the focus can be more on him. I read some comments on Naver that he is like a supporting role but he is supposed to be the lead. I loved ep 2 but not really ep 3 and 4. Somehow the cases here seemed  a little too predictable to my liking. It's a little too gory for gory sake. Maybe it's just me. And I really hope to see him out of the room, not that he is faking his disability but just to interact with the rest of the team. Hopefully after  the killer's attempt to kill him, he will return to the team or something..  

It would be fun to see him interact more with the team but I want to enjoy more of his bonding with SY by her continuing to be his eyes and legs. If only the drama gave him some “domestic” moments like it has given SY, you know? We saw her eating with her dad, we see lighthearted moments of her and the other cops. I want OHJ to have some light moments with SY and then join the rest of the world (Im thinking of how LYO had his wifi first and then later he started interacting more with the rest) 

• Like 2