@The Reel Life Yes I found the first ep to be ok. My favorite part was OHJ dialogues with Sooyoung (duh! Me, the obvious) :P My least favorite was the killer. I found him too clownish. I hope the cases and criminals get a little more interesting and scary later (for the sake of ratings) but otoh I did like the leads and their dynamic so far. I’ve already warmed up to Sooyoung and waiting for OHJ to start showing humanity and change his supposedly cold and arrogant (although amusing) attitude. The team leader is beautiful and charismatic but since she is also “cold” I still don’t have “feelings” for her. 

• Like 4

@The Reel Life That was basically my reaction too. I watch a lot of OCN dramas and don’t usually find the police/serial killer ones particularly scary. I tend to find the killers rather lame instead of scary or interesting which is my main quibble with this genre. 

I wasn’t expecting much from the Saturday ratings when I saw it was competing against Itaewon Class. Hopefully, ratings will be higher on Sunday but the last OCN dramas really struggled so who knows. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

As for the ratings, not as high as I would have loved, but I think gotta acknowledge that it is in tight competition with Itaewon Class, which has very high ratings. So I suppose the ratings will definitely be affected some way or another due to running on the same timeslot on Saturdays. I do hope it slowly builds up like Voice! Voice started with 2.3%, I read and peaked at 5.7%. Not sure whether this can achieve what Voice did, but fingers crossed, because the cast is very talented. 

1 hour ago, qynn said:

I wasn’t expecting much from the Saturday ratings when I saw it was competing against Itaewon Class. Hopefully, ratings will be higher on Sunday but the last OCN dramas really struggled so who knows. 

Yeah good thing is we don't have to compete with Itaewon Class on Sundays, so hopefully it will be better today. But we still have to compete to Crash Landing with You which is also super popular, albeit it being telecasted almost 2 hours before TMWYS. But some audience may just have the time to watch one drama a day, so it may still have some impact.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

14 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think he wasn't a lot in the episode today. I think most of the episode is the meeting with the girl and recruiting her due to her memory.

Being a fan of JH aside (as we will surely support his work) but in all honesty, you think the 1st episode is "umph" enough to attract new viewers/new JH fans? I find it pretty bland. 1st episode is very important as it either attracts or people switched channel. I hope it will be more "umph" in the next episode.

14 hours ago, yoeda said:

Lol. His wife is not a celebrity to be a trending topic. K media always respected the celebrity spouse and family to not exposed them if they do not wish to.

Respect to those who respect others. Unlike some media, goodness, they can't wait to report on family members & scandals. But that's their job (sadly).

13 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I didn’t want to say it but I “felt” exactly this. It made me worried that JH might be “too nice” and not see that some of his friends are not as generous as he is with them (but I keep hoping this is just us, getting on protective mommy mode and overreacting. Basically, I wish to be wrong in this particular case) 

Whether it's jealousy or it's envy, we know that JH is too nice a guy to mind all these. However, not everyone has that mindset & mentality like his. Even good friends turn against each other due to jealousy/envy. We don't know the real friendship of theirs but hope it isn't what we think it is.

• Like 3

Thanks @Prettysup for the Knetz comments. Is Oh Hyun-Jae really blind? When Ha Young first called him, there was a computerised reader telling him who called.  Is he is not visually impaired, why would he need that?  And why did Soo Young look so shocked after he removed his sunglasses? Is it his scar or is it his eyes? Weak vision? Photophobia?  But he has photos pasted on the wall in his room..hahaha.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah good thing is we don't have to compete with Itaewon Class on Sundays, so hopefully it will be better today. But we still have to compete to Crash Landing with You which is also super popular, albeit it being telecasted almost 2 hours before TMWYS. But some audience may just have the time to watch one drama a day, so it may still have some impact.

Rating on Saturday is pretty tight. There's CLOY, Itaewon Class also Stove League. But, the interesting aspect is each drama have a differ genre. I forgot what time TMWYS airing, is that in the same timeslot as Stove League at 10pm KST? That was one rating juggernaut rite now. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Thanks @Prettysup for the Knetz comments. Is Oh Hyun-Jae really blind? When Ha Young first called him, there was a computerised reader telling him who called.  Is he is not visually impaired, why would he need that?  And why did Soo Young look so shocked after he removed his sunglasses? Is it his scar or is it his eyes? Weak vision? Photophobia?  But he has photos pasted on the wall in his room..hahaha.

Hmm I was more thinking how does he bathe himself if he is wheelchair-bound and living alone?

1 hour ago, yoeda said:

Rating on Saturday is pretty tight. There's CLOY, Itaewon Class also Stove League. But, the interesting aspect is each drama have a differ genre. I forgot what time TMWYS airing, is that in the same timeslot as Stove League at 10pm KST? That was one rating juggernaut rite now. 

TMWYS airs on 10:50pm KST. 

And new pics for tonight

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I rewatched episode 1 again. 1st time with chinese subtitle. 2nd with english subtitle. Anyone noticed his laugh like Li Gun? 

I think he's blind on one eye only. I think SY is just shocked to see that he's not only crippled, he's blind & disfigured. How unfortunate can this man be?  

31 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Hmm I was more thinking how does he bathe himself if he is wheelchair-bound and living alone?

Wonder if he even bothers to keep himself clean & smelling good (at his state of mind now). Lol.

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

Being a fan of JH aside (as we will surely support his work) but in all honesty, you think the 1st episode is "umph" enough to attract new viewers/new JH fans? I find it pretty bland. 1st episode is very important as it either attracts or people switched channel. I hope it will be more "umph" in the next episode.

I only started watching the show and I'm with you- I wasn't impressed. The lead actress got me worried- I kinda understand why people were worried about her acting. From what I saw she is one note. JH has his work cut out for him here- helping her improve her acting and bringing more depth to the writing. From what I've seen till now- the writers are not intelligent enough to write a good psychological development story...

• Like 2

Guys, considering everything we've seen till now, including the BTS of the filming, I think it's more than safe to say that he is not completely blind (even in the first episode you can see him focusing on her) and that he can walk for sure. I think his state that we're seeing is a trap to draw the killer out. My guess it will take maybe 3-4 episodes until his real state will be revealed, when we will be attacked, as we've seen in the 5 minute preview

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Lol! I was also concerned about how did his naturally straight hair turned curly after the accident? Hehe.. 

These are funny...:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@Prettysup I’ve been “worrying” about the same thing! How does he bathe! Does he bathe? What does he eat? Does he order delivery all the time? Imagine the poor delivery guy entering that creepy place all the time...

@budgerie I felt ep 1 was bland too. I do like the potential dynamic of the three main characters and potential development but the whole copycat storyline felt draggy to me and I didn’t like the copycat. He ruined things a bit for me :crazy: :D Hoping ep 2 ups the excitement (at least there’ll be more JH and I kinda like OHJ already, he is entertaining will all his sass :P)  My expectations for the drama itself are low but I still hope for character development 

@azureblue7 Same questions! Is he really blind? Why does he cross his legs like that? Im a bit unfamiliar, is this something a paralyzed person does? How paralyzed is he? If he is pretending, does the team leader know? So many questions!!! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

For those that were curious and wanted to know what was JH’s expression when his friend made the joke, here it is: (basically he had no change of expression haha. But he had quite a standard poker face throughout the press con I must say)

Spoiler Alert: 
Also I think there were questions about his Physical state of being. I think we have the answer in this variety show game they were playing: (you’ll need to translate or get someone to translate though) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, budgerie said:

I didn’t think the first episode had a lot of “umph” but there have been a lot of dramas that have done well even though I, personally, found the first episode(s) lackluster or downright bad so I’ve given up trying to predict what viewers will do lol. That said, the Knetz comments had pretty low number of likes which doesn’t bode well for buzz or “word of mouth” bringing in new viewers. This is probably a drama that skews older though.

I’m guessing OHJ couldn’t walk but now can and is keeping it a secret for whatever reason. I think he does have issues with his eyes (since they’ve emphasized the five senses) but is not totally blind. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Lol! I was also concerned about how did his naturally straight hair turned curly after the accident? Hehe.. 

You gals are really going into details lol.  Not sure how I feel about 1st episode... its engaging enough, but too little of JH.  Maybe due to he's busy with MC at that time.  Hope we'll see more of him from the 2nd episode.  And I hope they really develop JH's character well and add more dimension and light to his character. 

So far, from what I see, he doesn't seem to be blind, so I'm wondering why the netizens are saying that he's blind...

• Like 4

Well, just finished episode 1 and I think the show has big directing problems- the interrogation scene was oddly shot, almost seem like it was supposed to be a comedy, and there was serious over acting there... but I think the main weakness of the show is Soo Young. She is not a good actress. Her insecure, bumbling behavior is so obviously an act, and it got old really fast. But as expected, when she was with JH, she really improved, her eyes changed and she became more engaged. I hope he will continue to work with her on her acting... So, by the end of the episode, I wasn't bored. I ended up being engaged and am looking forward to seeing today's episode. I won't even comment about JH's acting beyond saying he surprises me every time I see him... :)

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

From what I've seen till now- the writers are not intelligent enough to write a good psychological development story...

I haven't watched episode 2 so I'm commenting based on ep 1. The writing isn't exciting enough to draw me (if I am not a JH fan). I would switch channel. I would rather they start with sweet moments between the character of JH and his fiancee (memory flashback) and she got killed. That might got me interested to know why she got killed and what happened to him. We know the sypnosis because we are JH fans so we read up already. But for those random viewers who switch from 1 channel to the next, the starting of ep 1 isn't an attraction.

12 hours ago, qynn said:

That said, the Knetz comments had pretty low number of likes which doesn’t bode well for buzz or “word of mouth” bringing in new viewers. This is probably a drama that skews older though.

The genre itself isn't a "well liked" genre in general. Plus ep 1 lacked the excitement and suspense. Let's hope the story gets more exciting.

• Like 2

Ok, just watched ep 2.

Is it just me or do you also feel the same? Isn't it the 1st instinct is to quickly go to the injured first (ISU) instead of asking the killer to handcuff himself? Would any killer would diligently do that? Shouldn't it be quickly go to ISU first?? She might still be alive if his 1st instinct was to go get her out of the car first....This to me is a silly writing. :oBecause when he first reached her, I thought I could see that petrol is leaking already. (scratch my head in disbelieve). 

As to whether he is crippled, paralysed from legs down - could be real, could be fake. Scissoring (involuntary crossing of the legs) is 1 of the symptoms of Spasticity. 

(I don't work in the police force so I don't know). Is there a SY in every investigation board? Without people like SY, nobody can crack a case? Like she has to supply every information/leads via her memory? Lol.

And I have a feeling that Chief Choi is a bad guy.

How come when she is inside the sewage the rest of the people outside can't communicate with her but OHJ can??

And the killing at the interrogation room. Shouldn't this room be more guarded? As in no one guards outside the door of the interrogation room? The security is so laxed.

In general, ep 2 is alot more entertaining than ep 1. (I just transferred this post to the drama thread).

• Like 3