19 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Haha does this mean that he’s staying in the same (possibly small) house since he first got married? He should be pretty loaded by now, would have thought it would be high time he moves into a better place haha. But perhaps his simplicity keeps him from pursuing such things. He probably does more investments than to live lavishly. Just that I imagine his current place would be quite simple, given that he was in his mid careers before his popularity took off for the 2nd time. Then again it’s all my poor speculation, please don’t take me too seriously - I can’t help but just wonder, haha! 

Maybe when the kids are teens he will find more need to get a bigger place. Or perhaps he just doesn’t want to move since it’s so close to his parents/in-laws...

I don’t know why or where I got the idea that he lives in Gangnam? Someone told me this when I was in Korea, but maybe its because his gym is in Gangnam? Or he owns a building there? As we know he has invested on real state. Ok now I definitely confused everything I heard lol (this is how bad I am at retaining information haha!) But anyway yeah it would be strange for him to live in a small place with three kids right? Maybe its not so small and if its in Gangnam then thats at least a nice area. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH appearance in My ugly duckling kinda revealed that they are not that close, as JH knew nothing about KJK girlfriends and the way he lived. 

If I recalled correctly in DB, JH knew about KJK girlfriend(s) but he never met them.

41 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Also- about KJK hoarding- remember that JH essentially revealed that he himself is not so different from KJK in that aspect... The fact that he never moved in the last 11-12 years (meaning since he got married) AND makes his parents keep his room the same way he left it is amazing to me :rolleyes:

I don't find "not moving house" unusual. In truth, it's very troublesome to move house when there are kids in tow. The packing, the unpacking, cleaning up the new home & redecorating etc is not an easy task. Most people stay put until their kids are much older. Frankly, he needn't need to make his parents keep his room the same way as he left it. Most parents would still keep their children room the way it was before.

26 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Just that I imagine his current place would be quite simple, given that he was in his mid careers before his popularity took off for the 2nd time. Then again it’s all my poor speculation, please don’t take me too seriously - I can’t help but just wonder, haha! 

Some people never had the intention to move once they settled into their marital home. So it is also possible that his marital home was bought with this intention and he had probably taken into consideration how many bedrooms there has to be. So his many years of hardwork and back to back filming was not only for bread and butter issues but also for paying home loan perhaps. Plus he also had many mouths to feed.

I guess his parents or in-laws are nearby because when he was locked out of his house once, he went to sleep at his parents house. Which side of the parents he didn't mention. If 1 set of parents lived nearby, they could help his wife with this and that when JH is out filming. Esp when kids were still small, another pair of hands do come extremely handy and helpful.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Haha does this mean that he’s staying in the same (possibly small) house since he first got married? He should be pretty loaded by now, would have thought it would be high time he moves into a better place haha.

He said that he doesn't like to move, and this is why he still lives in the same place. I kinda understand him, as I also hate to move. In his case it for sure had nothing to do with money, as there was a report that said that he owns a building or  something.

27 minutes ago, budgerie said:

If I recalled correctly in DB, JH knew about KJK girlfriend(s) but he never met them.

In My Ugly duckling episode JH said that KJK must have had girlfriends, but he didn't know about any of them. 

29 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I don't find "not moving house" unusual. In truth, it's very troublesome to move house when there are kids in tow. The packing, the unpacking, cleaning up the new home & redecorating etc is not an easy task. Most people stay put until their kids are much older. Frankly, he needn't need to make his parents keep his room the same way as he left it. Most parents would still keep their children room the way it was before.

I actually don't know a single couple that still live in the same place they got when they first got married, this is why I thought it was amazing. Again, I completely understand him, but I don't know many women that would accept such a situation :) As to his room- he said that he doesn't allow them to change it, meaning that they might like to change it...

Watch the episode, it's quite revealing. From it it seems like JH is indeed a hoarder at heart, just like KJK. It's possible that it's a result of not coming from money, in which case you don't see the point of buying new things if the old stuff still works, and you never throw things away as some day you might need them again. It really show how simple and modest JH really is. And a bit sentimental :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

In My Ugly duckling episode JH said that KJK must have had girlfriends, but he didn't know about any of them. 

I actually don't know a single couple that still live in the same place they got when they first got married, this is why I thought it was amazing. Again, I completely understand him, but I don't know many women that would accept such a situation :) As to his room- he said that he doesn't allow them to change it, meaning that they might like to change it...

Watch the episode, it's quite revealing. From it it seems like JH is indeed a hoarder at heart, just like KJK. It's possible that it's a result of not coming from money, in which case you don't see the point of buying new things if the old stuff still works, and you never throw things away as some day you might need them again. It really show how simple and modest JH really is. And a bit sentimental :)

Waiiiit! I detect a plothole in our theories though! (I never before thought about this) Didn’t Jang Hyuk grow up in Busan? I believe that’s where his childhood room would be right? And then he moved to Seoul by himself when he went  to college and started living with his old roomates from Sidus, the guys from g.o.d, Kim Sun Ah etc right? But then, I suppose at some point his parents moved to Seoul? It is my understanding that his parents and him live in the same building in Seoul. So I wonder how long did he live with his parents as a single guy for him to have a room at their house? 

I think we need to interview JH haha! I suddenly got super curious about this. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Waiiiit! I detect a plothole in our theories though! (I never before thought about this) Didn’t Jang Hyuk grow up in Busan? I believe that’s where his childhood room would be right? And then he moved to Seoul by himself when he went  to college and started living with his old roomates from Sidus, the guys from g.o.d, Kim Sun Ah etc right? But then, I suppose at some point his parents moved to Seoul? It is my understanding that his parents and him live in the same building in Seoul. So I wonder how long did he live with his parents as a single guy for him to have a room at their house? 

I think we need to interview JH haha! I suddenly got super curious about this. 

My exact sentiments too! Actually I was thinking whether his parents live in Busan or Seoul. I don’t think we really have an idea. The night he got locked out after the awards show, it could really have been his in-laws also for that matter. Why do you have the feeling why his parents and him live in the same building though? And do most of them on Korea stay in apartments and not landed properties? 

And I would love to think that it’s so sweet of JH to not try to call his wife until she wakes up to open the door for him. Perhaps he knew that she was sleeping or stopped after his first try, so that he doesn’t disturb her and then just go to his parents place to rest for the night :) 

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I actually don't know a single couple that still live in the same place they got when they first got married, this is why I thought it was amazing. Again, I completely understand him, but I don't know many women that would accept such a situation :)

YES I would think that even if he didn’t want to move his wife would have appreciated a bigger house haha. But who knows, maybe the wife shares the same thinking too and that’s why they are so compatible hehe. Also, since he is filming almost every month, it would be quite tiring to move house unless his whole family helps or they hire professional movers. 

But wait, how sure are we that he has never moved after he got married, up till today itself? Did he mention it somewhere? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yoeda said:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/2019-year-in-review-beanie-royale-2019/

There's a poll in DB. If you wanna vote for Bang Won's fan and the 'love story' between BW and Hwi. lol. But the comment section about the fan is hilarious. It's on no 2 rank right now.

Voted! I wonder what signature demeanour would JH bring to Oh Hyun Jae’s character this time. It’s been awfully quiet on his end. I can’t wait for more teasers. It’s just a bummer that the big car accident took attention away from the build up of the show. I hope the people are recovering well and the show won’t be affected after everyone is practically slogging it out over Christmas and in the biting cold to give us this show. Really wishing it all the best!!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

In his case it for sure had nothing to do with money, as there was a report that said that he owns a building or  something.

I think the report was 2015 if my old brain recalled correctly.

Aiya yes, why was I thinking of DB? It's Ugly Duckling and I didn't enjoy the programme except for JH parts.

I actually don't know a single couple that still live in the same place they got when they first got married, this is why I thought it was amazing. Again, I completely understand him, but I don't know many women that would accept such a situation :) 

Perhaps where you reside and where I reside, the housing culture is different. Where I live, and the people I know, are common folks who make ends meet. Not talking about the rich people.

Here, most of us, when we buy our marital home, take into consideration the bedrooms we need (in prep for children arrival) so it could be a 3 bedrooms flat, 4 bedrooms flat or whatever that is comfortable. Landed property (should I say) is not for the common folks.

For most common folks, it would take us approximately 15 years to 30 years to service our housing loan according to income. So in truth, unless there is extra cash floating, most of us here don't move house easily. (For me, I took 15 years to service my loan and I'm still living in my marital home). Not only the housing loan that is high, the renovation cost each time people move house is a burden to the pocket too. Our flats are not 100% move in condition, renovation needs to be done here and there. When math is done, it's more economical not to move.

So perhaps like I said earlier, our housing culture is different.

As to his room- he said that he doesn't allow them to change it, meaning that they might like to change it...

I'm saying this more on the emotional point of view, rather than what I read in the subtitle. Of course everyone opinion varies. I'm thinking even if he doesn't tell his parents not to touch his things, most parents, esp mothers would leave their children things as it is. Reason being : sentimental.

When a son/daughter leaves home, there is an emotional void for the old folks. Leaving the room as it is, esp for the mothers, she would still be "reminded" of her son's or daughter's presence. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Aiya yes, why was I thinking of DB? It's Ugly Duckling and I didn't enjoy the programme except for JH parts.

yeah, I thought the concept of the show was really odd- still don't understand who were the people in the clips we watched and why should we care about them :) 

33 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Perhaps where you reside and where I reside, the housing culture is different. Where I live, and the people I know, are common folks who make ends meet. Not talking about the rich people.

Here, most of us, when we buy our marital home, take into consideration the bedrooms we need (in prep for children arrival) so it could be a 3 bedrooms flat, 4 bedrooms flat or whatever that is comfortable. Landed property (should I say) is not for the common folks.

For most common folks, it would take us approximately 15 years to 30 years to service our housing loan according to income. So in truth, unless there is extra cash floating, most of us here don't move house easily. (For me, I took 15 years to service my loan and I'm still living in my marital home). Not only the housing loan that is high, the renovation cost each time people move house is a burden to the pocket too. Our flats are not 100% move in condition, renovation needs to be done here and there. When math is done, it's more economical not to move.

So perhaps like I said earlier, our housing culture is different.

I think you are right- where I live, the percentage of house ownership is really high. So even people that can't afford it, will buy houses or apartments. A young couple usually can't afford a big apartment, so after marrying they will buy small apartments, and a few years later, as their families grow, they will buy bigger apartments or houses. This is why all couples that I know usually moved within a few years of their marriage.

40 minutes ago, budgerie said:

I'm saying this more on the emotional point of view, rather than what I read in the subtitle. Of course everyone opinion varies. I'm thinking even if he doesn't tell his parents not to touch his things, most parents, esp mothers would leave their children things as it is. Reason being : sentimental.

When a son/daughter leaves home, there is an emotional void for the old folks. Leaving the room as it is, esp for the mothers, she would still be "reminded" of her son's or daughter's presence. 

What you are describing is not common where I live, maybe because most children after leaving their parents house usually will live rather close and visit the parents often, so there is not much of a void there. The parents will keep pictures and other important stuff, but the rest will usually go. Since I understand that was the situation with JH, maybe this is why the parents wanted to change his old room...

horribly, what you described will usually happen here if, god forbid, the child dies. Then parents will keep their child's room intact...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

What you are describing is not common where I live, maybe because most children after leaving their parents house usually will live rather close and visit the parents often, so there is not much of a void there. The parents will keep pictures and other important stuff, but the rest will usually go. Since I understand that was the situation with JH, maybe this is why the parents wanted to change his old room...

horribly, what you described will usually happen here if, god forbid, the child dies. Then parents will keep their child's room intact...

(Just fyi) It's kind of mixed here. There is a scheme to live close to your parents when you buy your home, but you know, scheme will have its rules & regulations too. You have to adhere to this, to that. But this scheme is favourable to couples whose parents are looking after the grandchildren.

For most of us, if buying a flat for the 1st time, for the newly weds or the to-be weds, it's not like we want to live here, we live here. It depends on availability of the flats according to its current available location. Waiting time varies. My friend waited 5 years for her flat. And wasn't the location close to her parents. In cases like this, couples usually employ a domestic helper to care for their kids or sending them to childcare centres because it's not convenient to send to grandparents home.  

I have no idea about JH situation but I just have a feeling 1 set of parents live nearby. Like I said, an extra pair of hands is most appreciated when handling 3 young kids at that time. Another factor to consider is, the children school location. Driving 20 mins to school and driving 45 mins to school does make a difference. So who knows, perhaps children school is nearby thus making it convenient for his wife for she is the main caregiver. Driving to school in the morning can be a hassle with morning traffic jam. And I don't think his home is a small home. He mentioned (can't remember which interview) that he has a mini gymn at home.

• Like 2

I’m looking at some old blog posts at Stuck on Hyuk and stumbled upon this one by Gumi. It’s very long, but you might enjoy it. It gives us a glimpse of young Jang Hyuk, his friendship with CTH, g.o.d, Jeon Ji Hyun, how hardworking and persistent he always was, etc I hope you enjoy it! https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/kbs-star-date-on-rapper-tj-2000-9-4-i-never-suffered-hardships/

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

I’m looking at some old blog posts at Stuck on Hyuk and stumbled upon this one by Gumi. It’s very long, but you might enjoy it. It gives us a glimpse of young Jang Hyuk, his friendship with CTH, g.o.d, Jeon Ji Hyun, how hardworking and persistent he always was, etc I hope you enjoy it! https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/kbs-star-date-on-rapper-tj-2000-9-4-i-never-suffered-hardships/

Love this! I must say I don't understand why people find TJ to be so funny. He's very much of his time. I saw some of the other artists from that time, including the guys from GOD and the dragon club members and all of them looked as ridiculous. Never mind that the song "Hey girl" actually sounds nice even now, while many of the songs of the other artists sound very dated.

To me the fact that he was so determined to succeed that he did TJ, in spite of being so shy and in spite of what every one around him said, is inspiring! JH is a study in determination and hard work and I so admire him for that.

I don't often look at pre-military JH, but I guess even before he had an iron will. Maybe too much, as it led to his military scandal, but that was the fire that forged him into steel! 

Also- isn't it funny that to this day he has someone film his performances? We saw it on the set of MC. JH would constantly look at what was recorded on a phone from the side, to monitor his performance. So cool!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, budgerie said:

I prefer less noisy man and I find KJK noisy + he doesn't think first before he talks.

That scene which he blurted out that HKM had dated many celebrities before :oI was like "oh no" ....some words aren't to be said on TV. 

Which is why I like JH style.

KJK has been working in the variety shows for very long time and most of people who host variety shows are incredibly noisy. They have to learn to talk more in order to have decent screen time(neither they would loose their spot) . 

KJK didn't even realise that he was talking too much. All of dragon brothers specially CTH interrupted KJK several times even JH made his fun during their appearance on Entertainment Weekly.:D

But I think besides his hosting experience it was excitement of the trip which suddenly turned him into a 'chatterbox'(which I didn't mind at all). I remember his fans were also quiet surprised when DB aired.

HKM's dating past is well known. He used to date high profile celebrities including an incredibly popular idol. If HKM wanted he could've asked DB's team to edit that part out but he didn't. It means he was OK

with it. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I just don't like when it feels mean, especially since JH rarely if ever makes fun of others.

I don't know much about KJK besides when it's in relation to JH.

Also- about KJK hoarding- remember that JH essentially revealed that he himself is not so different from KJK in that aspect... 

I think there is always one oddball like JH in most of friend groups who ends up getting 'attention' of everyone.

Even in K entertainment world you can check several variety shows where celebrity friend groups appear and it's always that one 'odd' guy who becomes central part of the whole episode. 

JH's antics on DB were bound to catch his friends' attention. I was 'cringing' even though I was sitting by myself in front of my screen.lols.

We love him but let's accept that he is little bit 'weird'. His friends may tease him but I always feel that they are all heart-eyes for him. 

I don't know too much about KJK either but from my observation he seemed like a loyal, hard-working, sentimental and a bit childlike person. 

Earlier he used to apologize to his co-workers after shoot for making their fun(according to the script) in front of the camera.

Even if JH is a horader I think his place must be much tidier than KJK's. I worry there can be mice, cocroaches and gazillion trillion dust mites at KJK's place. :w00t:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

simplicity keeps him from pursuing such things. 

There are many people who prefer simpler life-style despite being super rich.

19 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I don’t know why or where I got the idea that he lives in Gangnam? 

He famously lives in Jamsil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Love this! I must say I don't understand why people find TJ to be so funny.

I too feel that he's ok. Don't know why people always bring up TJ like it's something weird. Only thing I don't like is the golden hair.

2 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

Did you check your inbox yet?

Yes yes, thank you so much! I have forgotten to reply you. My apology.

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

KJK has been working in the variety shows for very long time and most of people who host variety shows are incredibly noisy.

I heard this from a taiwanese actor. He said, artistes who always do variety shows, exposed their real self. People are so used to seeing them in variety and seeing the real them that when they act a drama, audience find it hard to accept them in their role. To a certain extent it is quite true, I will find it hard to see KJK in a role.

• Like 2