6 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Guess we can only find out when she posts more.

I love his speaking voice too. Like what you all mentioned, would love to see him use his voice in a drama. But maybe to him, it wouldn't be a challenge.

Didn’t he say that playing someone like “himself” is the hardest thing? He had this challenge during “The Flu”, the PD told him he just wanted to be himself, act as he would himself during the situations, and JH found that to be the hardest thing to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Didn’t he say that playing someone like “himself” is the hardest thing? He had this challenge during “The Flu”, the PD told him he just wanted to be himself, act as he would himself during the situations, and JH found that to be the hardest thing to do. 

Actually you’re right I can imagine that being told to “be yourself” is like a big HUH moment for an actor haha. They are told to act, but suddenly if the director asks them to be themselves it’s pretty weird!

Then in that sense, I would say, I hope he “acts out“ a character that is mild and gentle mannered, wise and mature and grounded - just like who he is day to day. :P That would not make it difficult for him anymore! Hehe. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

11 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

It looks like an old photo taken during the Rabbit and Lizard movie period. Not too sure though. 

This hair looks good too. Actress is sweet looking. Hope they will pair up again. And this is the movie he did for FOC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Actually you’re right I can imagine that being told to “be yourself” is like a big HUH moment for an actor haha. They are told to act, but suddenly if the director asks them to be themselves it’s pretty weird!

Agree. They're so used to acting someone and suddenly be themselves is not only a challenge but also being "exposed". People will see the real "character or personality" of that actor. Like for example if they participate in variety shows or some challenges like Real Men...they are themselves. For some artistes, they avoid it due to no more 神秘感 (mystery) to the fans. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Then in that sense, I would say, I hope he “acts out“ a character that is mild and gentle mannered, wise and mature and grounded - just like who he is day to day. :P That would not make it difficult for him anymore! Hehe. 

Exactly my wishes! Let’s make this happen in 2020 dramaland! Jang Hyuk should charm the world with a character very similar to himself! (I felt his character in Daemang was “close” to himself in terms of personality, he was gentle, shy, soft spoken, a sweet guy, but his story was too harsh so not exactly what we are hoping, but I suddenly remembered that the writer chose him because she thought Jang Hyuk could embody the purity of that character) 

I’ll see if I can dig up those The Flu interviews, but I think he was referring to its hard to “play yourself” because he asked himself “Ouch! And how would I react in this situation? Who am I? It kinda throws you into an existential crisis lol! I mean, imagine it haha! Just the idea of figuring that kind of stuff out is harder than “playing at being someone else” (I imagine) Actors most times pursue that career because they enjoy the role playing aspect of it (and its what we do as children as a way to figure ourselves out, the world around us,etc)  becoming someone beyond yourself, more “interesting” in a way, smarter maybe, or in far fetched situations, its all both “painful” and gratifying” (these I stole from my brother who is a theater actor, and uses it mostly as therapy) so if a director tells you “just be you” its most definitely a “huh”? moment, obviously! Especially for actor who truly enjoy the role playing and transformation aspect of acting  (and are not doing it just as passtime or to make money or they basically always play themselves in various situations) I suppose. 

Not sure this has anything to do with “not revealing yourself” though its an interesting theory, as acting could be a way to “wear different masks” but in the end acting allows self exploration to an individual. Its a great exercise like writing and any other form of art, and again, quoting my brother its both painful and gratifying. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Question- does anyone recognizes this picture? I don't understand what the post says- maybe it says something about the picture... I don't recognize from which picture these sections were taken. I do notice JH has long hair in it... 

Found the pic! This is the one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Hmmm... can anyone explain this? (go to the second picture). Tried translating but didn't understand... All I can say- Nice looking statue, but still no match to the reality that is JH-

This is the translation. I used Papago Naver.

“In my 20s, you liked me so much. You took care of me after 20 years.”

I think the picture has no bearing to JH. But just so happened his figurine was there. Are those 2 the owners/shareholders of Sidus?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

This is the translation. I used Papago Naver.

“In my 20s, you liked me so much. You took care of me after 20 years.”

I think the picture has no bearing to JH. But just so happened his figurine was there. Are those 2 the owners/shareholders of Sidus?

Oh... I thought it had something to do with JH because he was so central in the picture. But it also has the figurines of the two men in front of it, right? Just how big was Chuno really?!

I have no idea who these two men are, your guess seems reasonable... 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

It actually looks like him.  I seen many figurines that don't look like actual celebrity so that's awesome!

Have you gúys seen this http://www.arirang.com/player/Clips.asp?vSeq=166628&Page=3

I actually like both actors, but JH actually have more screentime in clip around 9 minutes 30 secs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1